April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by toxicsimplicity

It didn't go on the peachy/orange color I was afraid of. I thought I'd be turned into a pumpkin because I read on here that on fair skin it can be quite noticeable. It wasn't though, and the overall appearance alone wasn't a big difference. My skin looked a bit smoother and softer, but I need more coverage than just that alone.

I then put on my foundation and right away saw the difference on my nose/chin. My skin got a lot less oily during the day, and usually throughout the day you can start to see the foundation "settle" on my chin and into my pores, but it helped improve that a lot. I have been wearing it for about 8 hours now and have not yet had to dust my face with powder, when usually I am doing so every 2-3 hours.

I found that the primer underneath did make my skin a warmer tone, slightly altering the color of my foundation, but I've seen orange and wouldn't classify this as that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by BrittnixCore

im Nw20 and this did NOT make me look orange at all.
it really did smooth my skin (it feels so soft when i use this!)
and my pores were minimized!
its really cheap to and you dont really need that much,
i use a foundation sponge for this and when i do it works WONDERFULLY.
use your fingers? you wont get the same effect.
its really the first foundation primer i used so i cant compare it to others.
i looooooovethis product and will definitely buy again.
i may have to stock up on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jenuine531

This is the first primer I've purchased and used and so far, so good. I thought the orange tint would be a problem since I'm pretty pale, but it blends in smoothly. I could tell the difference with the application of my foundation (I use Clinique and Bare Minerals) and I really like the outcome. I could do without the smell, but I have no complaints other than that.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would imagine the orange tint would show on a fair complexion, but I didn't have problems with that.

This is drying, and does nothing as far as pore appearance. It does not smooth, it does not fix, it definitely does not PERFECT.

It reminded me of cheap foundation with poor pigmentation. I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by lissoto

I actually first purchased this because it had the best price. It's only 6.99. Never did I think it was going to work as great as it does. I love this product! It really helps my skin to not get oily, my face stays shine free as long as I have it on. I really recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Manet

I am so glad I found this product. There's been a lot of hype about having to use primers under foundation for a while and I wanted to see if it really would make your foundation stay put longer. I wasn't too happy about how expensive most of them were. I found this one in the DS section of Ulta. For under $8, I wasn't risking much. And I ended up liking it a lot. I don't have much lines or unusually large pores on my face so I didn't need anything magical, I really just needed something to keep my foundation from fading so fast. And this does that for me. I really like this primer and so far, I have no need to switch to another one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by MOIx2

I'm noticing this is a hit or miss primer. Some love it and some hate it. For me this is the first primer i've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything out there. I've used this a few times and it's held up in this hot California weather. I don't think i've used this long enough to say it hasn't broke me out. Soooo i'll update later on how my skin reacts to it, good or bad.

I mainly focus on my tzone because I find it works real good keeping my oilys under control. It has a really nice scent to it and it dries to a nice smooth almost powdery finish. Which is good for applieing my mineral makeup. I got this at Walgreens for a buy one get one free promo they were having, so I got a Rimmel lipgloss as my free item. If it wasn't bogo I probably wouldn't of paid $8 for it alone. I would buy this again, I know Walgreens has those promos all the time and i'll probably pick up 2:) I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it doesn't break me out because so far i'm pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by icemolly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer and tried it with my new Revlon match makeup. Didn't like the two together and tried it alone. Went out today and bought one more Fix and Perfect because now I am using it as my makeup. I like it better than a tinted moisturizer. It works for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, i really regret buying this product. i know it's only 7 dollars, but thats 7 dollars on something that i will have to throw out.

i thought this would keep my face matte and help my makeup last longer, but it didn't. in fact, after about 2-3 hours, my foundation/primer started to "crease" into my pores... and then my makeup got very blotchy... anyways, disgustng product... my makeup looked way better without it. it didnt even matter if i used very little or more of it... still did not work. will never ever buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by centric

I have a very golden skin tone, am probably around a NC30 (not sure anymore, it's summer and I haven't used any MAC foundations in a while). This primer has a apricot/peachy orange color to it but it disappears completely once applied and blended into my skin. The primer feels great, is very lightweight and does minimize the look of my pores to a certain extent (average). Application is very smooth, it's not greasy or sticky and goes on easily. I didn't get any of the primer peeling off like past reviews have mentioned. The only thing about this is the oil control --- it's decent to say the least. I found myself having to blot after about 3 hours. Not good. :(