August 1, 2014 | 1879 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

After buying this, I am so over and one with anything that has the name Rimmel on it. I still don't know what possesed me to buy another product that I was sure to be disappointed in anyway. But I did, and at $6 I got what I paid for.

This crap is the color of a pumpkin. It doesn't disappear on ivory skin or blend. Its like a makeup line in a bottle.
It didn't fix or perfect anything. It just added an extra thick layer of goo to my face.

Bottom line....cheap and tacky, like everything else this brand comes out with.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by HheartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been debating about buying the Rimmel Fix and Perfect for awhile and finally gave in and decided to try it for myself...the price ($6) was very reasonable I thought.
When I first saw the orange-y color I was pretty freaked out but as I have a golden skin tone, it blended in very easily. I noticed right away that it made me face much more matte than usual and took away all the shine from my moisturizer. After waiting a few minutes, I applied my mousse makeup and YES, it did go on much more smoothly. I have very, very oily skin....my foundation is usually heading south by noon...but this held on all day.
I would buy this again. The only thing is...while it did smooth out my skin tone and keep it matte, it didnt "perfect" anything or cover up blemishes or even out problem areas a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

GREAT STUFF!!
I have a yellow undertone and I also have fair/medium skin that tans easily... to the orange color was not a problem at all!

I dont know why people are freaking out about this!

I had about 5 minutes at a local drugstore and I noticed a primer from rimmel! I had been considering getting a primer for a while now.... and I'm a fan of rimmel.... so for 6 bucks CND why not!?!?!

When I bought this.... I wasnt aiming for filling in lines, making skn brighter, filing in pores.... since I'm only 15.... my skin does not need any help in that area.

Since this is my first face primer.... I dont know if its crap compared to the others but ths is what I thought about it...

PROS:

-makes makeup blend easier
-makes makeup last wayyyyy longer
-makes makeup more natural looking
-smoothes skin
-makes skin softer
-dosent irritate my skin
-dosent make makeup look cakey
-lasted me a good 3 months aready and its only half empty
-makes my skin MATTE!!!!!!!!!!!

CONS:

-terrible packaging
-dosent do what its actually supposed to
-boddle pisses me off... becuase the stuff can never come out of that little squirty hole and when it does WAYYY TOO MUCH comes out and i'm forced to either waste most of it.... or put too much on my face

(I took a lippie off because the packaging disgusts me THAT MUCH)

This is for people who want their makup to look nice and natural.... as well as oil free!

NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT THEIR LINES/PORES TO NOT SHOW UP (my mom used it and said it was crap on her)

Although I love this... i must explore all other primers... so i wont be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tccnj14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after using this for a week it really broke me out
and made my face oily

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I really love this primer, I've used the Monistat and Bare Escentual primer before and those broke me out, but I needed a primer to keep my makeup matte and gave this a try since it's about 5 bucks at Target....I gotta say this is my favorite b/c it feels like a lotion but it works sooo great at keeping my makeup matte longer...I highly suggest U guys try this out before wasting money on expensive primers

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by shebusy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This exactly what Rimmel needs to do with this product; Fix it and Perfect it. It did nothing for me. I used a light layer on day one, used more and did half my face on day two and just for good measure I added a big ole blop all over my face on day three. It didn't disguise even my smallest pores and didn't make my makeup last any longer, mineral or traditional. I was skeptical because the first ingredient was water, but did I listen? Nooooo I instead recalled the one reviewer that like it, you know the one that is probably 15 yrs younger than me with lovely skin. That and the price of $5.97.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

The lightest color went on absolutely orange...a total disaster. Left it on awhile hoping the color would magickally morph under my Rimmel foundation. It didn't. Immediate trash can for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by toxicsimplicity

It didn't go on the peachy/orange color I was afraid of. I thought I'd be turned into a pumpkin because I read on here that on fair skin it can be quite noticeable. It wasn't though, and the overall appearance alone wasn't a big difference. My skin looked a bit smoother and softer, but I need more coverage than just that alone.

I then put on my foundation and right away saw the difference on my nose/chin. My skin got a lot less oily during the day, and usually throughout the day you can start to see the foundation "settle" on my chin and into my pores, but it helped improve that a lot. I have been wearing it for about 8 hours now and have not yet had to dust my face with powder, when usually I am doing so every 2-3 hours.

I found that the primer underneath did make my skin a warmer tone, slightly altering the color of my foundation, but I've seen orange and wouldn't classify this as that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by BrittnixCore

im Nw20 and this did NOT make me look orange at all.
it really did smooth my skin (it feels so soft when i use this!)
and my pores were minimized!
its really cheap to and you dont really need that much,
i use a foundation sponge for this and when i do it works WONDERFULLY.
use your fingers? you wont get the same effect.
its really the first foundation primer i used so i cant compare it to others.
i looooooovethis product and will definitely buy again.
i may have to stock up on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jenuine531

This is the first primer I've purchased and used and so far, so good. I thought the orange tint would be a problem since I'm pretty pale, but it blends in smoothly. I could tell the difference with the application of my foundation (I use Clinique and Bare Minerals) and I really like the outcome. I could do without the smell, but I have no complaints other than that.