September 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by steenface

I'm an NW25/NC30 in MAC foundation and the primer disappeared on my skin. It's not super oily like Smashbox's and it made my skin flawless! I put it on after I washed my face, applied my foundation, and set it with my philosophy the supernatural airbrushed canvas powder and it was BEAUTIFUL. I spent all day at a football game and, while it didn't stay perfectly matte, it didn't turn me into an oil slick either. (It turned more into a dewy glow) I'm in love! It's more effective and way cheaper than my $29 MAC primer. I will definitely be using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

They really need to either make this in clear or more shades, because this one shade is ORANGE. It does a good job at minimizing the look of pores but I don't think it does much for how long my foundation stayed on. I think I can use this in the summer when I'm darker, because the orange shade doesn't seem to show through. However, I stay far away from this in the winter because it makes me look like an oompa loompa.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome primer. I picked it up when I was running out of my MAC Spf 50 primer and boy am I glad I did.

I have combination skin, my cheeks can get dry. This keep my face moisturized without feeling it heavy, my makeup get this dewy --not oily-- look with this. It has this peachy pink color, but it fades away when you apply it.

I only wish it would do a better job at controlling oil, I have to blot about 4 hours after applying it, but I don't mind. It is so cheap (about $3 USD maybe?) I don't mind using my blotting paper.

I will certainly keep on buying this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by rosiefbaby

I love this stuff, it makes my face even & sooo smooth. It's a very good product & it works wonderfully for me.
I've even got it as cheap at $1.99 at a local drugstore. I've stocked up 3 extra backups! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly I hate Rimmel but this is actually good. I have the pricey GOSH primer, and honestly, the Rimmel one wins. Its more so for people like me with very oily skin. It would last from 8am-11pm for me, which is a major feat. And the price is so cheap. As much as the GOSH one felt nice, it didn't help oiliness. And so what about the colour. If it shows, youre using too much, good!. Plus primer is there so foundation can be put on top...

So I was impressed and I hate Rimmel usually.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is okay, I haven't encountered all the problems that others have had with it. It seems to blend into my skin pretty good, doesn't leave an orange tint once it blends in. I use it under my minerals foundation. It seems to fill in my pores and leaves a good finish for my foundation. I like it so far. My only negative is that the packaging sucks, you can never get the right amount of product because of how the bottle is designed, too much always squeezes out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

After buying this, I am so over and one with anything that has the name Rimmel on it. I still don't know what possesed me to buy another product that I was sure to be disappointed in anyway. But I did, and at $6 I got what I paid for.

This crap is the color of a pumpkin. It doesn't disappear on ivory skin or blend. Its like a makeup line in a bottle.
It didn't fix or perfect anything. It just added an extra thick layer of goo to my face.

Bottom line....cheap and tacky, like everything else this brand comes out with.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by HheartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been debating about buying the Rimmel Fix and Perfect for awhile and finally gave in and decided to try it for myself...the price ($6) was very reasonable I thought.
When I first saw the orange-y color I was pretty freaked out but as I have a golden skin tone, it blended in very easily. I noticed right away that it made me face much more matte than usual and took away all the shine from my moisturizer. After waiting a few minutes, I applied my mousse makeup and YES, it did go on much more smoothly. I have very, very oily skin....my foundation is usually heading south by noon...but this held on all day.
I would buy this again. The only thing is...while it did smooth out my skin tone and keep it matte, it didnt "perfect" anything or cover up blemishes or even out problem areas a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

GREAT STUFF!!
I have a yellow undertone and I also have fair/medium skin that tans easily... to the orange color was not a problem at all!

I dont know why people are freaking out about this!

I had about 5 minutes at a local drugstore and I noticed a primer from rimmel! I had been considering getting a primer for a while now.... and I'm a fan of rimmel.... so for 6 bucks CND why not!?!?!

When I bought this.... I wasnt aiming for filling in lines, making skn brighter, filing in pores.... since I'm only 15.... my skin does not need any help in that area.

Since this is my first face primer.... I dont know if its crap compared to the others but ths is what I thought about it...

PROS:

-makes makeup blend easier
-makes makeup last wayyyyy longer
-makes makeup more natural looking
-smoothes skin
-makes skin softer
-dosent irritate my skin
-dosent make makeup look cakey
-lasted me a good 3 months aready and its only half empty
-makes my skin MATTE!!!!!!!!!!!

CONS:

-terrible packaging
-dosent do what its actually supposed to
-boddle pisses me off... becuase the stuff can never come out of that little squirty hole and when it does WAYYY TOO MUCH comes out and i'm forced to either waste most of it.... or put too much on my face

(I took a lippie off because the packaging disgusts me THAT MUCH)

This is for people who want their makup to look nice and natural.... as well as oil free!

NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT THEIR LINES/PORES TO NOT SHOW UP (my mom used it and said it was crap on her)

Although I love this... i must explore all other primers... so i wont be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tccnj14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after using this for a week it really broke me out
and made my face oily