April 19, 2014 | 1093 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2002 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jillianbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY a cleanser that works for my dry skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It took a couple of times to get used to the "film" that is left behind, but otherwise wonderful! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

Try this on a dry face! It works even better for me than it did when I was wetting my face first! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2002 6:52:00 PM More reviews by mjoy

I think one either loves or hates this product..i hated it. I tried it when my face was in bad shape, because i wanted to pare everything down to the simplest routine. I was under the impression this stuff was supposed to cleanse my combo skin..not leave it feeling nastier than before. It removed no makeup, and left me w/a gross film..I just don't understand the point of this stuff..yuk!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 6:44:00 PM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely not a cleanser for my combination skin. It leaves a layer of residue. And I don't feel my skin has been cleansed. Ok for those with very dry and extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I love Cetaphil. It's moisturizing and cleansing all in one. It's not scented-my sensitive skin likes it. And, I use baking soda with it when I want to do a little exfoliation. I also get the generic Walgreens brand. It's the same thing, but about $2 cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2002 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jayd

this is the only thing that I have found that actually cleanses my face and doesn't irritate my sensitve skin *AT ALL*. It's gentle but removes all my make up and helps with breakouts.
It's moderately priced and packaged nice & practically.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2002 5:21:00 PM More reviews by punchpanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very nice cleanser...too bad it doesnt cause me to breakout or else i wouldve made it an excellent cleanser...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 2:08:00 PM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for combination skin. My face always feels clean and refreshed after using it. Inexpensive at around $10/bottle and lasts a long time. You definitely need to use an eyemakeup remover in addtion to this, but I love it as a cleanser-the best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2002 10:13:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I liked this product the first couple of days I used it but then it started drying my face out. It also doesnt have the best smell in the world. I really wanted to like it but just couldnt in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2002 12:28:00 PM More reviews by carbonatedbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mother bathed me in Cetaphil when I was an infant. I continued to use the product until I was about ten. I didn't use it for years until a few months ago. I bought the generic Rite-Aid version on a whim. That burned the hell out of the skin around my nose. My entire face felt so irritated. I finally had to toss it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2002 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jen55457

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this to be overrated. It does soften your skin but does not take off makeup.

Packaging was utilitarian and cheap and product had no pleasing scent. Boring.