October 25, 2014 | 1766 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product to use as a primer because, as everyone knows, it's just a silicone based formula like Smashbox's primer. However, that was before I realized that silicones are really really bad for my super clog prone skin. I put it in the back of my closet and forgot about it. That is, until I read an earlier review where it was suggested to try on your feet! That is seriously the best idea ever. I wore it on my feet last night and put on super high super tight patent leather heels that I haven't worn in a few years due to the blisters that were sure to follow. My feet stayed comfortable (well, not comfortable, but blister free) the entire night. If you can't use it on your face, or even if you can, definitely recommend putting it on your feet!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by madein83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I first heard about it from watching some MU tutorials and seen them use Monistat as a primer. Like whaat? Monistat? But I researched and watched/read reviews, so I decided to try it out for myself. I've only had Rimmels Fix & Perfect to compare it to but this one is a definate go to product for me now cause I'd always get an orange-y tint when using Rimmel. (No bueno!) But I used this one I was lovin how silky my makeup went on from this product. And it's supposedly like a dupe of a Smashbox primer? I dig that haha. You really don't have much to lose if you're looking for a primer that's affordable. It's only like $5 or $6 and some change. And if you don't like it you could just use it for it's intended purpose. Win/win (:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I started using this stuff and after 2 weeks or so I started breaking out. My face was nasty. It did keep my make up on longer and it was smooth. I had to stop using it b/c of the break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best stuff every! Thanks for the turn on, and at $5.39 at Walmart, back where the pads are and other treatments, I am overjoyed to have this product on my vanity!!!! I am 49 now, and this is part of my regular routine....deodrant, light moisturizer, primer....make up glides on, sets and stays that way all day long!!!! Forget that Smashbox price, this is the ticket

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by nb77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Smashbox primer for some time, but after I got laid off I was forced to rethink some of my purchases and it turns out that was a VERY good thing because it lead me to this product. It performs just as good as Smashbox but is only $4.00 compared to Smashbox @ $34.00. The only drawback is that I used the green tinted Smashbox primer to balance out my skin, but I found that I can mix the Monistat "primer" with a little green concealer in my palm before applying it has the same effect. Save yourself $30.00 and buy this product instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has the exact same ingredients as more expensive primers, so I went ahead and bought it. I'd never used a primer before so I wasn't expecting much. But this stuff is amazing! It made my skin really smooth and foundation glides on and lasts a long time. (I usually only wear foundation--Mac Studio Fix--on special occasions). It doesn't seem to cause any acne flare-ups (which I am prone to getting).

I really like this product! (It can be found in multipacks on Amazon for cheap!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using MAC Matte and switched to this because I'm a sucker for saving a few bucks. This is ok...just ok. Texture is lighter and not as "dense" as MAC Matte. It keeps my makeup on longer than if I hadn't used it, but it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like. I really prefer MAC Matte. Now I just have to decide if I'm going back to it or not, because this is so much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Regarding primers, I've only tried this one, Rimmel's Fix and Perfect, Avon Magix, and Avon Tinted Magix. I think this performs comparably to the Avon Magix - both provide a very silicone-y barrier on the face that erases pores and allows a smooth application. However, the Monistat performs better at controlling oil. Unfortunately, probably as a result of that, Monistat's gel breaks me out if I use it for too many consecutive days or if I wear it on a very hot day. Thus, I save both the Monistat and the Avon for days when I really want to be poreless and look flawless. For daily wear, I'd choose the Rimmel primer, which doesn't erase pores nearly as well as the Monistat or Avon but is the best at controlling my oil and doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

when i first used this product it worked so well made me flawless and no blotting use at all but after a while it started to break me out and made my face super oily. I don't think that this product works well after a while like i think that if your skin is too used to this product it just stops working wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jsainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

been using this for about 3 weeks and can only say WOW! so so affordable and for a better product IMHO. no extra fillers or fragrances. MMU glides on and looks so dewy and natural with this "primer". I was using BE prime time for the longest but it always seemed to make me greasy, never went on even, and too expensive. No more! I recently sent an email to the johnson and johnson company that owns monistat and asked if this was being discontinued. (i freaked out too and bought 3 extra tubes, with 1 i am currently using not even a quarter gone. Hey when you find something that works you stock pile ;)) they replied saying that the product was still being made. thank goodness!! now i can stop freaking. lol!
I have changed my routine cleansing though. i make sure to use a microfiber cloth after an initial cleanse to get any residue off my face at night. ive always been a little OCD about cleaning everything off but have had no problems with clogged pores when i make sure to wash extra good. definitely going to keep buying this product!