December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been using this primer for quite some time. i was hesitant at first to buy this, since i thought it was just hype and didn't understand how a chafing gel could work as a primer. for the record, i've used this for chafing on my upper thighs, and it also works well for that.

my main reason for using a primer is oil control. i have very oily skin, and i don't say that lightly. after makeup and even with using a primer, my skin is oily within 30 minutes. i know it has something to do with my skincare, so i'm sure if i had normal skin, this would give pretty good oil control.

so the reason i keep using this is because it does help with dry flakes, and smoothing out the surface of my skin. it makes my foundation much easier to put on. after i use it, it seems to lock in my moisturizer, and my skin doesn't feel as dry during the day. if you have oily skin and expect to get really good oil control, i don't think you'll get it from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I've been using this as a primer for my face for 4 days now and I am very pleased with this. I have oily t zone and nothing come close to controlling it except this. I still have to blot after 3-4 hours , but still. It makes my makeup stay on longer and fresher looking longer. At the end of the day, I think my face looks better with this as primer than without primer. The only primer I've used in the past is Rimmel Fix and perfect and I hated the smell of that. This one is fragrance free. Great stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never break out, let alone get a single pimple(ever) regardless of the creams, oils or makeup I put on my face. I've had 5 pimples in all of my 25 years on this earth (and those were ingrown hairs around my hairline when I was in my early teens) , yet THIS crap gave me 3 pimples in less than 24 hours. I ceased using it and no longer had a problem. Awful awful stuff. My skin is fairly sensitive and dry but I've never had this sort of reaction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is everybit as good as the other clear primer I've used that costs 5 times as much. Primers enable the fdn application with eveness, which is my main concern, & this product certainly delivers. As compared to Smashbox, I find I have to use more of Monistat (about twice as much), but with this price, it is certainly no concern at all. Product-wise it is a 4, an extra lippie for the low price.

Hint: I fill up an empty Smashbox primer container with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased a pack of 3 on Amazon and just received them this morning. I tried it out after applying moisturizer and before applying foundation and so far I love it!! Prior to this, I was using Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and I must say the Monistat gel is IDENTICAL in composition, smell, color, application, effect, everything! There's no way I'll ever spend $40 on a makeup primer again. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel is my new HG. Many thanks to whoever thought it a good idea to try this stuff on their face!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product to use as a primer because, as everyone knows, it's just a silicone based formula like Smashbox's primer. However, that was before I realized that silicones are really really bad for my super clog prone skin. I put it in the back of my closet and forgot about it. That is, until I read an earlier review where it was suggested to try on your feet! That is seriously the best idea ever. I wore it on my feet last night and put on super high super tight patent leather heels that I haven't worn in a few years due to the blisters that were sure to follow. My feet stayed comfortable (well, not comfortable, but blister free) the entire night. If you can't use it on your face, or even if you can, definitely recommend putting it on your feet!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by madein83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I first heard about it from watching some MU tutorials and seen them use Monistat as a primer. Like whaat? Monistat? But I researched and watched/read reviews, so I decided to try it out for myself. I've only had Rimmels Fix & Perfect to compare it to but this one is a definate go to product for me now cause I'd always get an orange-y tint when using Rimmel. (No bueno!) But I used this one I was lovin how silky my makeup went on from this product. And it's supposedly like a dupe of a Smashbox primer? I dig that haha. You really don't have much to lose if you're looking for a primer that's affordable. It's only like $5 or $6 and some change. And if you don't like it you could just use it for it's intended purpose. Win/win (:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I started using this stuff and after 2 weeks or so I started breaking out. My face was nasty. It did keep my make up on longer and it was smooth. I had to stop using it b/c of the break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best stuff every! Thanks for the turn on, and at $5.39 at Walmart, back where the pads are and other treatments, I am overjoyed to have this product on my vanity!!!! I am 49 now, and this is part of my regular routine....deodrant, light moisturizer, primer....make up glides on, sets and stays that way all day long!!!! Forget that Smashbox price, this is the ticket

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by nb77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Smashbox primer for some time, but after I got laid off I was forced to rethink some of my purchases and it turns out that was a VERY good thing because it lead me to this product. It performs just as good as Smashbox but is only $4.00 compared to Smashbox @ $34.00. The only drawback is that I used the green tinted Smashbox primer to balance out my skin, but I found that I can mix the Monistat "primer" with a little green concealer in my palm before applying it has the same effect. Save yourself $30.00 and buy this product instead.