MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 12/24/2010 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is a miracle product. Although I do not have oily eyelids, my eye-make up tends to dissepear or smudge easily. A further plus: This product lasts so long.

on 12/24/2010 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this as an eyeshadow base for several months now and am very pleased with how long this product lasts. You use very little at a time and it stays on the eyes all day, making for an excellent canvas for all eyeshadows, either powder, cream or loose mineral shadows. I always ask the SAs to open the pot up before I walk away with it because I once got a dried out container. Will continue to repurchase as it neutralizes my eye area that is often red or blue-red with shadows. UPDATE: As I get older, I noticed this primer caused my wrinkles to be accentuated. I have switched to Nars eye primer, which blends more easily and does make my eye area look older.

on 12/22/2010 11:59:00 AM

I wanted to love this but it's not for me. The color is good, consistency a bit too dry. You certainly get a lot of product for your money but I had a terrible reaction to it. I simply can't use it.

on 12/22/2010 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a fan of primers. But this I love, I really love. evens out the skintone and brightens the ideas.. and the eyeshadow stays in place.

on 12/20/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product after hearing rave reviews. I tried it and was disapppointed. Maybe I expected to much from one product. I have tried it various ways but still unsure what I'm doing wrong. It creases. I used UDPP first then PP creases, I used it alone it creases. great as a blank canvas matte finish and to hide veining. I'm sure its a great product but maybe not for someone with extremely oily lids.

on 12/16/2010 5:35:00 PM

Even though I checked "yes" for whether I would buy this again, I doubt I'll ever need to! The pot is much larger than I expected, and the product will seriously last forever. The color, consistency, and application are PERFECT for priming the eyelids - even better than UDPP! And you don't have to bother with getting all of the product out of the container like you do with UDPP. What I really love is how it conceals discoloration on the eyelids. Now my eyeshadows apply how they were originally intended! My only regret is that I didn't discover this sooner!

on 12/1/2010 1:17:00 PM

It's pricey, but worth every penny. And you use so little it will last forever! It's actually a very good value. I finally bought it the day of my 20th HS reunion after hearing so much about it on YouTube. It matches my skin tone perfectly. (I have no idea what MAC number I am, but I'm med-fair). I layered it over UDPP and did my make-up a good three hours before the reunion. My eye makeup didn't budge ALL NIGHT. It works equally well for days when I don't really have time to do my make-up. A little of this, some eye liner and mascara and I'm good to go in a flash. This is most definitely going to become a staple in my make-up wardrobe.

on 12/1/2010 12:13:00 PM

I bought this product based on the reviews I have read, and I can say this product is very good! I needed a product that would keep my eye makeup in place and this definately does the job. It is also a nice nude colour that can be worn by itself.

on 11/20/2010 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I finally broke down and got this paint pot. I did not know which paint pot to get that would match my skin tone and I finally went and checked it out. This matches my skin tone perfectly! I have been using this so much. The texture is so smooth and it is really easy to blend. It really brings out the colors of my eye shadows. I have several other paint pots and this is my favorite. The other paint pot that I really like is Greenstroke. Painterly and Greenstroke both make my shadows stick really well.
I do not mind the price of this and will definitely buy another one when I run out. I also like the packaging. I like any cream shadow, smudge pot, paint pot that comes in a pot. I prefer it over the tubes that some cream shadows come in. The glass is nice and heavy and I have dropped my paint pots plenty and have never had a problem with the glass cracking/breaking or the black lid.
I store all my paint pots upside down and haven't had a problem with them drying out. It is pulling away from the sides a little bit but the Painterly paint pot is actually the most creamy out of all my PPs.
I have fair-medium skin. I don't know my MAC foundation match though. I do wear the MSFN in fair/medium.

on 11/20/2010 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Painterly as a primer totally blows UDPP out of the water. It's awesome because it makes my eyelid look perfect just on it's own. The consistency is wonderful, it's not wet or sticky, it's just the perfect tackiness that you would expect to keep your eyeshadows from straying. It's expensive. I love MAC products, but often times I get in my car and look at whatever I bought and think "Wow, I just spent $20 on something fits in my palm.." But whenever I get home I am so happy I spent the extra money on something that lasts and produces amazing results. This has lasted over a year.and will repurchase!

Top Rated MAC Products