E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/26/2010 2:17:00 PM

As much as I love this brush because it's so soft, this thing shed like crazyyyyy on me. I bought two of them and both shed like no tomorrow. I don't touch them anymore. Ah, too much shedding. :(

Edit: I purchased a few more of these because I heard that the product consistency with ELF is not very good and the few that I've bought work amazingly! I guess some are good and some arent, but if you get one that sheds like crazy, it's probably just a bad batch. :)

on 3/26/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Another great brush from ELF,you can`t go wrong with this,I love it !

on 3/26/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Awesome brush. Delivers colors very well. The bristles are soft, but firm. love it! I just ordered a second one. I don't want to ever be without this brush. I definitely prefer this to the Studio Elf version.

on 3/26/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great eyeshadow brush,very cheap too.Its just as good as the more expensive studio one.Doesn`t shed much,recommend it.

on 3/25/2010 8:33:00 PM

I really, really like this brush. So much that I bought the whole set a few months later. To be fair, this brush is my first experience with makeup brushes before (I always used either my finger or the cheap foam sponge applicators--I will never go back!), but I don't see any need for a different brand in my foreseeable future.

on 3/24/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite E.L.F makeup brush. I'm not a fan of all of their brushes - but this one is great! It's sturdy, soft, and really great quality for the price. I actually liked this one so much that I bought another! You really can't go wrong with this!

on 3/24/2010 3:32:00 AM

I've had these for a couple of months now and this was honestly the best dollar I've spent. Who would have ever thought the best eyeshadow brush I've ever owned was only a dollar? It blends, it packs color, it contours and blends. And best of all, No fallout! I gave all of my old brushes away to my friends. This is the only ones I use now. Since then I've ordered 10 of them. I had to buy a brush roll just for them! (The handmade ones from etsy.com are great! Just to do a search for "brush rolls". Some of them are so adorable AND affordable!)

I've owned Stila, Sephora, Smashbox, and Mac and whatever overly other hyped and priced brushes I've owned for comparison. I think all brushes are different and do different jobs. I cannot compare this brush to any of the ones I've owned. It's in it's own little category. I wouldn't say it's a dupe of anything. If you just want a good eye brush, just get one of these! At first I thought the shape was weird some of the bristles are unevenly distributed. But it does the trick! I cannot believe they're just a dollar! I would pay more for one of these!

I never do reviews, but I just felt compelled to review this brush just for the sheer fact that I am so impressed by it!

on 3/17/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't have the odd-hair problems some others have had with this brush. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. It feels solid in the hand, is a nice length, and is soft but not "floppy." Works well for picking up color and sweeping over the lid. Could be used to blend in a pinch, but IMO it's not really soft enough for that. My one quibble is it's wider than I expected - I would prefer a bit smaller "head" (or maybe I just have small eyelids).

At $1, this is an excellent brush for travel as you can throw in a bag and not worry about losing it, but it's also nice enough to use every day.
EDIT: went back and bumped this up to a 5 because for a brush to place eyeshadow all over the lid, I can't imagine anything better than this.

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice brush, but it is NOT a 239 dupe. If anything, it can be compared to the 213, fluffy brush. The bristles on this brush are not tapered like the 239's are, they are more domed. That said, I still like this brush, especially for the price. It's soft, and fluffy enough to use as a blender. You can use it to pack on color too, but I don't think that it's best use. I find it best used as a multi-purpose domed brush. I would not buy it again, because, despite it's cheap price I think that ELF's "C" brush for $3 is a far better constructed brush. But, if you need a basic fluff brush, and have access to this, this is decent, especially for the price. But, it is not a brush I'd write home about, or re-purchase.

on 3/8/2010 8:10:00 AM

This is the second brush I ordered form E.L.F. and, like the studio small smudge brush, I really like it. It's soft, but not too soft (I don't like it when brushes are too soft because they don't deposit the eyeshadow very well). It's even cheaper than the brushes from the studio line. I will definitely order more.