November 29, 2014 | 1020 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

It's not bad for the price, but I don't think it does a particularly great job. Nothing better than the sponge eye shadow brush in my opinion. But then again, it might be the way I use it... But also, both the brushes I got (same ones) broke... the handle fell off :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. I have another eyeshadow brush that cost me $20 and this one kicks its a$$!!!! It's soft and great for blending and its only a dollar, i am in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Yes, the hype is true. This is a really great brush. I've had one of these for about six months now, and it is a very worthy tool to have in the arsenal. It is densely packed, soft, and great for packing on the shadow. However, it may not be the best choice if you want precision and/or have smaller lids. If you were hoping for a dupe of the MAC 239, look elsewhere, since they are completely different. The 239 is smaller and thinner, and will allow you to place product more precisely. That said, for $1.00, you really can't go wrong - I would actually pay more for this brush than a $1, I do think this is of good quality and very useful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the black handle and metal version. I picked it up from Target for $1 and for a while loved this brush and wanted to pick up more. I searched several times and E.L.F. seems to have been completely removed from my local store.

I then went to their website, they didn't have the same one and the reviews for the new one had mixed reviews. One being that for those who purchased more than one of these, they were all slightly different from one another. I've since found mini application brushes from EcoTools that work much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mininana

I got the whole studio line brushes. I gotta say this one is good, but definitely a lot bigger than my mac eyeshadow brush. Still works well, it's soft, and I alternate between this one and my other mac brushes. :D Great quality too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this brush for over a year, and I use it every day. I use this for my highlight and lid color. Costing only $1, I was shocked when I felt how soft the brush it. I've never had an issue with fall out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great value for a good eyeshadow brush. What's funny is that they recently changed the brush without saying anything! I ordered 3 more eyeshadow brushes after liking the first one I got and the new ones that came have smaller handles and are smaller brushes overall. Over 6 months it appears they redesigned the brush without changing the name! So keep in mind that some of these reviews might be reviewing the old brush model...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The brush is a little too big for my eyes for placing an all over lid color, I love this brush for highlighting my brow bone though. I wouldn't say this brush is bad, I like it and it only sheds like 2-3 hairs.

Edit:
I am completely in love with this brush. Initially I didn't like it as much but over time I used it more I realized how amazing it really is. It's super soft and is not scratchy to the eye at all. This is the perfect brush too apply eyeshadow all over the lid, apply a darker color in the outer corner, and even blend. I don't think I can live without this brush! The only complaint I have about this brush is the quality, the brush ferrule and the handle slowly became loose and it eventually fell apart but nothing that crazy glue can't fix. Overall I highly, highly recommend this brush. I even bought a backup already and constantly switch back and forth between the two!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Elrania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've read all the reviews of people being so statisfied with this brush. And I agree, but it's a little too big for my eyes.

Don't expect Dior packaging. Mine doesn't shed, but they had spilled som glue on the bristles. Went away after two washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this brush (the $1 brush)... I'm just starting to wear eye shadow after discovering the use of a primer (i'm sooo behind!). I've tried many 'budget' shadow brushes and this is the best..
It packs on color perfectly with the dense hair, great size, great shape and great price! Too bad ELF doesn't ship overseas.. thanks to my lovely sister who shipped this to NZ :) (and too bad I only ordered one :s )