Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 12/12/2009 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised I never wrote a review for this.. This is one of my favorite foundations. I remember being very unsure purchasing it. I had once took a sample of it from Sephora (in those little sample pots) and I left it open all day and it evaporated. Seriously. The little jar was completely clean. lol But anyway, I decided to try it. The consistency is very watery and gel like. Almost like jelly or a runny hair gel. I am a MAC NC37-40 and I was matched to #34 (I noticed most NC40's are matched to #34. Some are matched to #6 but I haven't tested it) I typically like medium to full coverage foundations, so trying this was taking a risk for me. I tried it out with the MAC 187 brush and it looked pretty good. Very dewy, moderate coverage, very natural.. but when I really noticed how good it was, was when I was sitting passenger seat in my boyfriends car.. and I pulled down the mirror to look at my makeup.. and woww. My face had looked completely airbrushed. I have never seen a foundation make my skin look like that. It looked so glowy and healthy.. and even though the coverage is light.. it somehow made my skin look flawless. It doesn't cover everything though.. so you will need a concealer on main flaws. I know if I had a pimple and It scarred, it will not cover the scar. But it will even out your skin tone if you have any redness, etc. Since its so dewy, you may need to dust a setting powder over it.. but I really like the dewy look and I only powder under my eyes so I won't get any smudges. I would definitely recommend this foundation. You can find swatches of all the shades on Karla's blog. Here is the link. http://karlasugar.blogspot.com/2008/06/make-up-for-ever-mufe-face-and-body.html. And also, here is a picture of me wearing it without any powder or blush. ****EDIT: I noticed by the end of the bottle #34 made me look slightly red in certain lighting. It's not yellow enough for me. I'll be trying #32 next time - which is more yellow (but lighter...it's more suited for NC35). continued >>

on 12/10/2009 10:47:00 PM

i honestly dont think i will use any other foundation anymore after using this. best foundation ever. hands down. i went to sephora looking for a waterproof/sweatproof foundation and the SA recommended this and a dior foundation. i'll admit though that when i first saw this in store, i was a bit turned off by both the price and the consistancy. a bottle of this foundation runs for $42 CAD, which to this date i still dont know what pushed me to get this, but i'm glad i did. absolutely no regrets. as for the consistancy, it's a really watery gel that i just couldnt understand how it was a foundation. i thought this would give a really sheer coverage, so i thought it was not the right product for me, since i have a lot of acne and scarring. well i was right about one thing. it does give a sheer coverage, but it totally works for me because you can layer this on until it gives the coverage you want WITHOUT it caking. amazing right? not only that but this stuff is SO lightweight. i honestly can not feel this and often forget i'm even wearing foundation. seriously, this foundation is the BEST out there. i cannot live without it!

on 12/9/2009 5:57:00 AM

My favourite foundation at the moment! Ultra natural finish, nice consistency (kind of jelly like, but once spread very easy to go on the skin), nice cool feeling once on the skin and the exact right finish. It doesn't cake, doesn't give you the mask feeling and doesn't dry out during colder months of the year. 4 lippies because of the shiny T-zone for mixed skin types. But this can be solved by a thin layer of loose powder. This is not exactly a budget buy in the city where I live, but the content of one bottle really lasts for ever, so the price is not that an issue here. The liquid has a light, "medical" scent which goes away once you put it on. I prefer to use this foundation with a sponge or with fingers instead of a foundation brush.

on 12/8/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally. I am so happy to finally find a foundation I'm 100% satisfied with. I really like the consistency of this foundation and the color match is perfect! The buildable coverage while still feeling light and leaving my skin looking luminous is what sold me. It does a really great job of hiding redness, hyperpigmentation, and minimizing the appearance of pores.I don't think my face has ever come close to looking this flawless.

It doesn't have SPF... but I use moisturizer with SPF in it underneath my foundation. The smell is kind of gross when you first apply it, but it fades away within minutes (so it's not like you're smelling the foundation on your face all day). I also wish the bottle had a pump, but it's not that big of a loss because the consistency kind of allows you to pour it in the right quantity.

So there are a few minor downsides, but It won't stop me from buying again!

Edit 12/27/13:

I can't believe I've been wearing this foundation since 2009. Obviously, the bottle has improved since my last review, and they've added a pump. I will not wear any other foundation ever if possible, nothing compares to this one.

on 12/3/2009 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Pink-36 is the only makeup I've EVER--and I mean--EVER found that matches my skin tone. If this ever gets discontinued I'm going to cry, seriously. Wonderful stuff. The makeup that I've been looking forever for. Only minus is no SPF...but I usually wear sunscreen under SPF makeup anyhow.

Tip about application: I usually flip the container over and use what's in the cap with a brush when I apply. It prevents contamination/spillage.

on 12/2/2009 5:37:00 PM

I thought this can replace my MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 (NC200) foundie. Well, I was close. I got this in #32 and it is a perfect match for my winter skin (need to go darker for summer). Looks very natural and feels light. Love the foundation itself. No breakout whatsoever and I have a combi/oily skin. First MUFE foundie that I love (hate the MUFE HD and MUFE Mat Velvet).

But I hate the packaging very much. The first few uses I had too much product poured onto my hand. Then I dropped the bottle once when I was shaking it (Thank God it didn't break). And yesterday, I knocked the bottle down and spilled almost a quarter bottle (what a waste!). I wish they have a pump for this bottle or make the mouth smaller. I also hate there's no SPF included in this.

All in all, it is a great foundie except for the packaging & no SPF. Price is a bit expensive but you do get a lot of product inside and if it works for you, then it worth the money.

If I can find other foundie that works for me, I might not repurchase this again. But if they ever put this in a bottle with pump, then I will re-consider to get this again.

on 11/28/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Alittle update if you live in UK you can phone these guys for MAKEUP FOREVER http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/ They are supper helpful and they do mail order delivery is ok to around £3.00 good luck still love this product :~)
I bought this in 32, it isnt the easy product to buy in the UK, but so glad I managed to get my hands on this , OMG it is Just incredable my face look so natural and flawless and last all day , I can not recommend this product highly enough, the cost is a little more expensive than some product but take in consideration that you are getting a lot more product for your money well it worth every penny , take a chance with this product you wont be disappointed :~)

on 11/21/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup offers lighter coverage than the High Definition Foundation. It has a very natural and dewy finish, whereas the HD is more matte and polished. It is definitely weightless and I love it because it just evens out the skin and still looks natural. I can also layer it for more coverage. I hope MUFE will offer a lighter & yellower shade as #20 Ivory is a tad too dark & too beige for my fair complexion with yellow undertone.

on 11/18/2009 10:24:00 PM

I've been using this for a few weeks now and can safely say it is worth the money! Even though I got this 20% off during Sephora's sale, it was still the most I've ever spent on a foundation. The best thing about this is how natural it looks. I love the light weight texture. You do have to shake well, but I've had no problems with streaking or having it dry too fast for blending. I've found the best application is with my fingers. A sponge just soaked up too much foundation. I get medium coverage with very little effort and will sometimes apply a small bit extra on problem spots with no cakey buildup. I also got a good color match with 32 Alabaster Beige. For reference, Buff in Colorstay is too light and neutral on me. 32 has slight yellow undertones. I don't mind the fact that there is no pump. It is a bit runny out of the bottle but I think the formula is the reason this looks so good.

on 11/18/2009 4:54:00 PM

I love it at first and love the staying power but made my face produce more oil than I really wanted. And, like some of the posters, I was not a fan of the bottle. Give me pump, please!! Also, more often than not, I had to shake it a long time so that it's not so runny. It’s too much of a hassle when I don't have the luxury of time. I returned it and found something else.