Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 12/22/2009 5:09:00 PM

I love love love this product!! It is the BEST foundation ever!! I've been looking for a sheer foundation that would be light and pleasant in touch forever and now I found it. I wished i had given it a try long time ago so I would have saved up all the money wasted looking for this HG foundation. It gives a very sheer coverage which I love and also gives this dewy finish without the oily look.

I like to blend it with my fingers which in my opinion is the best way to apply. It dries quite quickly once applied.

It is very expensive (in fact I paid £41 for mine, the most I ever spent on a foundation!!) but I think it is well worth the money and the 50mL bottle should last me like a year. I also wished they would make a pump for it and maybe a plastic bottle cuz the glass one is way heavy and I can't keep it in my make up bag cuz I'm scared it would spill leaving a horrible mess everywhere.

UPDATE: Though I loved it, I had to throw it away. The consistency went funny after a while.

on 12/19/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

FANTASTIC SKIN IN A BOTTLE!!!!! I have dark olive-y skin (NC 50) and this made my skin look naturally flawless! I like to pair this up with MUFE full cover concealer for extra coverage where i need it and my skin looks like there is NOTHING on it! This is definitely one of the best foundations on the market. It has a very thin gel consistancy that glides on the skin and gives you a beautiful water-resistant glow (no shimmer or luminscent additives). It's mainly for those who want sheer to medium coverage. You may need 3 layers to get medium coverage.
I believe oily skins can wear this as well, you may need an oil absorbing powder over it though.When I first purchased this, I wore it on a summer date night and my boyfriend couldn't stop commenting on how gorgeous and youthful I looked! I got compliments from others throughout the evening about how beautiful my skin was! None of the dozens of other foundations I've tried has ever performed like this one!

Do I really have to say Holy Grail?

on 12/19/2009 11:15:00 PM

This is my first foundation ever. I really like how thin it is, it doesn't cover anything but does even out skin tone, and brighten my face. I like the fact that it doesnt feel like foundation on my face I have been avoiding using foundation for the reason that I can always feel it on my face,which I hate. and usually by the end of the day it floats on top of my skin, but this one does not. I dont like the price, but I got it with a $20 coupon from Sephora, so it was ok.I am hoping the bottle well last me a while at which point I will have received another coupon from Sephora that will allow me to purchase it at a lower price (fingers crossed!)

Normally I would use this all over the face and use a concealer to conceal any pimple/birth marks that has not been concealed by the foundation. It's not drying at all, which is really good for my dry cheeks. I like the finish and it looks like nothing on my face. HG!

The stars aligned perfectly and this product somehow landed in my uber-grateful mitts. I have been searching (unsuccessfully) for my HG foundation and I've now found it in this product. I was able to use my sephora coupon and get this for $25 after tax, but I would've gladly paid the $38 (that's saying a lot since I'm broke as a joke at the moment). Down to business: I've read a lot of reviews that talk about the scent....I'm absolutely in love with it. It reminds me of a beautiful powder puff set that my grandmother had ages ago, a scent I haven't smelled since I was a child but I immediately recognized it once I smelled the foundation. I can definitely see where others might not like it, but for me it brings back good memories in waves, so I am in love. Something else to love about this, it works wonders on my crazy dry skin. I get dry patches on my cheeks and forehead that soak up foundations and turn into flake city, but this is so rich and creamy and perfect for my skin. I constantly touch my face when I wear it because I can't believe how much moisture my face retains throughout the day.

Earlier this year I had a crazy bout of adult onset acne, and it lasted months. I picked and picked (yes I know I shouldn't) and as a result, I've been left with a lot of red scarring. I was worried about this covering it up, but it builds beautifully and does the job.

The only thing I could find wrong with this is it doesn't last ALL day, but as a reviewer below me said, I haven't found anything that does. I don't wear powder, so I'm sure that would certainly help.

To make a long story short (too late), It just makes your face look perfect. Perfect color, perfect texture....just perfection. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation and I recommend that every dry-skinned gal give it a shot.

on 12/18/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Edited to add 1/31/10: Having been contacted for the color number, I've deduced that it is Ivory 20.

First, the bad: There is a rather gross scent to this product which I didn't smell in the Sephora where I got color-matched and purchased this bottle. The scent doesn't last, and the more I use it, the less I mind it. As a matter of fact, the results from this foundation are so fantastic, that I am not deducting a lippie for the odd odor. But it is not without an unusual scent .

Now, the good. I swore off liquid foundations a couple of years ago because they set up to a dry, chalky mask. I wound up using all kinds of creams and powders, none really great. I liked the color and flawless finish to Px Photochrome (reviewed) but that product dried up in the pan in no time. On my 2nd trip to Sephora in 2 days (I am a foundation commitment-phobe), I went for the MUFE Face & Body. Reviews here on MUA helped me to make the decision but it was the lack of "cones" which allowed me to stick with the choice. The ingredient list looked like a bunch of "friendlies" and so I got color-matched by a gal who picked out 3 colors: one very pink, one pink, one wheatish golden beige. We never did figure out the color numbers or names. A re-purchase ought to be interesting.

I am MAC NW-20 and thought I'd be pink in MUFE, but to my great surprise, the pink foundations sat on my skin like, well, a wet salmony blob. Only the wheatish golden beige blended into my jawline and cheeks like it was made for my skin. So I bought it.

I've used this foundation 3 times, and ought to have more experience with it, but the results just keep getting more amazing for me. I think this type of golden-pink-champagne look is what Bobbi Brown is trying to achieve with her "counter-act the pink" theory which, imo, is all wrong. I tried 3 of her foundations and colors, and each one looked grayish on my face. This MUFE color is balanced and I, for one, am so grateful for skin which looks like mine, not like the version of what someone thinks it should be. The Sephora gal suggested that with this shade I can go higher-contrast with my makeup, and it does work. I also can go lower-contrast, as in neutral/natural look, and I do not look boring. (I set it in t-zone and on cheeks with NARS Eden.)

The formula is watery but blends into my skin like second skin. I apply it about 15 minutes after my philosophy untinted shelter s/s has sunk in. I actually like the bottle because I shake the stuff, open it, and use just the small amount in the lid, applying it with my fingers. I usually use a second shake's worth for the area below my chin and re-application elsewhere.

The application is so incredibly easy and my skin has never looked so incredibly good (and I've got good skin, provided I stay away from "cones.") Because of the wonderful finish from this foundation, it is now my HG for fall and winter, perhaps into spring. Summers in my region are oppressively hot and dry and this year I'll probably use my sunscreen mixed with a bit of MAC Studio Sculpt.

The price is mid-range compared to Dior/Chanel/Armani, but the amount used per day is incredibly small. I'm thrilled to love a liquid foundation once again.

on 12/18/2009 5:18:00 PM

A very good product. I was able to use it a lot more when I lived in the south. Great coverage and staying power, even on very hot, humid days. But now that I've hit 50, and am living in Boston, I need something more moisturizing, so I'm back with Chanel.

Also, you get a lot out of a bottle of this foundation, so I still used it a few times last summer.

But for the right type of skin, that just needs good coverage, I highly recommend this!

on 12/18/2009 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is pretty good. It goes on nicely, does what it claims to do. I'm a little annoyed that I can't find a color match. The texture is strange, the smell is awful, and the bottle is hard to get product out of unless you really shake up the gelatinous blob. I like my MAC Face & Body foundation much better.

on 12/18/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is one of the best foundations out there. It feels lighter than a tinted moisturizer going on. It is 80% water, and waterproof! I love to mix this with a little bit of MUFE's Full Cover (or Amazing concealer by amazing cosmetics) on the back of my hand, then use a brush to apply it to get FLAWLESS skin! Very natural, weightless, perfect skin :)

on 12/13/2009 4:11:00 PM

This truly is incredible. I wear this when I think my picture might be taken, or on a date. This makes my skin look perfect & it's far from perfect. It evens out my skin, covers most acne scarring & it feels like skin. I use this with some concealer & a light dusting of MAC prep & prime finishing powder. Just amazing. It wears very well, especially now that I'm not sweating ALL day! I just love it. I will continue to buy this forever. Oh.. and this doesn't break me out at all! & I'm one of those people that if you look at too hard, a pimple forms ; ) lol

on 12/13/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think my hunt for a foundation might be over. Three times I went to Sephora intending to buy this foundation and three times I left with something else. The finish on this foundation is what I expected the HD foundation to be like it. I bought it in #32 which might be a little dark, but it is forgiving. It looks lumpy in the bottle but when I shake it, it turns into a somewhat runny liquid. The coverage can be light to medium. The finish is dewy enough that applying a sheer powder over it does not make it look dry. I apply it with my #187 brush and my skin looks flawless- no caking or settling into pores or fine lines. I can't say it lasts the whole day (what does?) but I still have some coverage at eh end of the day. It's moderately expensive, but a whole lot less expensive and less frustrating than trying one brand after an other.