Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/6/2011 11:45:00 AM

I heard great things about this product so I had to try it.The color matched my skin perfectly and it is easily blendable,but I honetly think I could get the same if not better matte coverage with a cheaper foundation.The foundation goes on smooth and covers nicely ,but the coverage doesn't last,by 2 every afterboon, I'm resenting choosing this foundation.Overall opinion....will use the rest of this bottle,but will opt to try something new when its time to re-up.

on 4/3/2011 6:23:00 PM

This foundation was good, but not quite HG. I may have liked it more if it leaned more yellow than pink (I have cooler skin but I prefer a bit of yellow in my foundation to counteract redness). It just wasn't the right color match for me, which is the main reason I didn't like it.

The finish is lovely when applied with a brush or damp sponge, and the coverage is pretty buildable. It didn't keep me matte, however - I had to blot throughout the day.

FInally, I would've preferred if the tube wasn't opaque so I could see how much I've used, although I liked squeezing it onto the brush or sponge.

I've moved onto Lorac Natural Performance in number 2 and I'm liking it much more. Overall, Mat Velvet is a decent foundation but it just isn't right for me.

on 4/3/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Perfect for my very oily skin. It dries fast and really sticks to the skin. It provides great coverage without having to pile it on and it allows me to use less concealer. It is a little expensive but definitely worth it. You must give this a try!

on 3/31/2011 3:57:00 AM

I've used many foundations over the years, from drug store brands to high end, and this is my all-time favorite foundation. It lasts throughout the day, even when I get sweaty, and never makes me breakout! I love it, love it, love it.

on 3/24/2011 11:08:00 AM

I wanted to love this because MakeupbyTiffanyD from YouTube highly recommends this. But it caused cystic acne on my nose everytime I used it. It was also too drying for my skin and I have oily skin. Since then, I have turned to mineral makeup which seems to be better for my skin.

on 3/19/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

You know what? I actually liked this foundation. This is really good for those with oily skin and it has great coverage, BUT I wish that they had more color choices! I just found it too pinkish for my skin tone. I am usually medium to tan in coloring (ranging from NC35-42 depending on seasons). I believe I bought a 35, but it was still too pink for my skin. Im not gonna rate it low just because it didn't work for me, it is still a decent product! It's just not for those with yellow undertones =(

on 3/18/2011 8:36:00 PM

Ehhh ... just ok. Yeah it was mat which is good for oily skin but the coverage was just not what I am comfortable with and didn't last the 8 hours I am at work. I keep on going back to my Estee Lauder Double Wear which I have been using for at least 5 years now! It's worth a try which I am always open to ... but there is much better out there!

on 3/18/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Reallly wanted to love it, since I have oily, acne-prone skin that has some redness and marks. It does great with coverage and it definitely dries matte, however I found that after using it for a few days it dried my face out so bad that I started peeling around my nose and mouth. Also looked cakey beneath my eyes. Had to return it :(

on 3/18/2011 9:57:00 AM

This is awesome! I have oily/combo acne prone suuuuper sensitive skin and this did not break me out. It is a little drying around my mouth area. It does dry matte. Coverage is medium. Very dark acne marks need a dot of cover up. Makes my face look flawless. Squeeze bottle is hygenic. TIP: I squeeze the air out before I put the cap back on so that when I open it again the air pressure doesn't cause it to squirt everywhere. I've really been wanting to try the MUFE Face & Body but havn't got around to that one yet. I don't mind paying more for quality products but I honestly feel this one is a tad expensive for such a small amount.

on 3/17/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have a really wierd skin - I have rosacia with lots of pit scars and crater pores. Oh yes, my skin is oily, sensitive and COLD toned too (most FD either make me too pink or too yellow). I tried to match Nars Sheer Glow but it was too sallow looking on me (I tried 4 shades - from Deuville to Santa Fe). I never was able to pull of any liquid FD as they a) Don't match my pale skin with lots of redness and uneveness b) break me out (MUF does have silicone in it but I guess it is a different grade as I read not all of silicones are the same and doesn't clogg me). So far I love this and I am very hyper- allergic (I will update if I break out) but I don't even itch from it (Hmm... Lancome, Nars). I am 30 (Porcelain) and when I put it on - THAT'S HOW MY SKIN SHOULD LOOK!!! Flawless, matte but not flat. I don't need a concealer with it. If you have huge pores like me it might actually work. As mine looked so unnoticible unless you put your face really close. As for the staying power - I need only to blot and put powder in 3-4 hours (for me it is a record) and it looks fresh again.
Definitly give it a try!!!