Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/13/2011 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this foundation. I have had my bottle since August (yes, August) and am now running out. A little goes a long way and it keeps my skin matte all day long. What I love about this line is that it comes in a ARRAY of colors, from the lightest skin tone to the darkest (I'm pretty dark and there were 3 more colors that were darker than me). I have finally found my staple foundation that helps keep my oily skin at bay for a good portion of the day.

on 5/12/2011 8:32:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! Ok, so I have acne scars and oily skin and this seems to make my skin look flawless by covering all my acne scars! However, the finish to this foundation looks like I just have great skin, doesn't look like I am wearing foundation! I'd definitely reccommend to anyone! :)

on 5/10/2011 11:51:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! I suffered from acne for many many years and had left over scars. My skin has cleared up, but I still have a few spots. This foundation not only covers nicely, but it helps control my oil all day! I agree with other reviewers that it definitely highlights dry skin and flakes; unless you have oily skin-stay away! It looks best applied with fingers and blended with a brush. I lightly set it with pressed powder and love the smooth finish!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PROS:
Full coverage, good for people with oily skin, comes in a squeeze bottle to prevent bacteria getting in, matte finish, last all day, buildable without looking cakey & the price is reasonable.

CONS: Not a good foundation for people with dry skin, dries fast so it can be difficult to blend, and you can't see through the packaging so its hard to tell when your running out.

Overall I really love this foundation & would definitely repurchase.

on 5/2/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

While I can see how this would be a great foundation for some (nice texture, no strong odor) it was not right for me. I have dry skin (with some acne) that is easily managed with moisturizing cleansers and creams. I would start out with a fresh, dewy face (after moisture and primer) and once I applied this foundation I would have a dry, cakey canvas. Every crease and flake became painfully evident, and my face felt tight and itchy. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin.

This is a decent foundation, though I feel I was deceived with the amount of coverage I was going to get. I bought this when my skin wasn't that great, expecting full coverage. But I think it's a lot lighter coverage as it did not decently cover any of my red marks. On the bright side, it does even out the skin tone well and makes your skin look somehow nicer. I had to make sure that I moisturized really well right before putting on the foundation, because I noticed that when my skin was a bit drier, the foundation did not glide on as easily. If you have very oily skin, I do think that this foundation is somewhat mattifying but your skin won't stay matte for very long so you would still have to use a powder on top.

on 4/30/2011 11:28:00 PM

I've been using this for a long time. I love this foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin and this did not break me out. It is really matte so if you don't like that look you will not like it.

The only thing I would change is where they have the number of the color. Mine rubbed off after I finished the bottle and it was annoying to rematch my color again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is a joke. LOL Yes it does control oil and it is 100% matte. But it is super unnatural and cakey. I would rather blot my face a few times a day then to look made up and super unnatural. Coverage is high. The HD foundation on the other hand is not too bad. But unsuitable for oily skin.

on 4/25/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation!
It's easy to apply, the coverage is smooth and 'velvety', it mattifies my terribly oily skin, and lasts pretty much the whole day!
I do get a bit of a shine at the end of the day, but it seems more like a healthy shine rather than an oily shine.
I'll definitely buy it again and again!

on 4/24/2011 7:27:00 PM

this foundation gives great coverage with a matte finish but it could get cakey sometimes. I like how it lasts for a long time (7-8 hours+) but for some reason i don't reach for this product a lot