Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/19/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a very good, long wearing, medium to full coverage foundation that lasts me all day, controls oil and looks beautiful on.

Personally, I don't like such heavy coverage for day time wear but for evenings (especially when there is drinking and dancing (and sweating) to be had!) and the last thing I want to worry about is touch ups, this is perfect.

This is a fuller coverage than HD, so much so that I don't even need concealer (and I have pretty dark shadows under my eyes and in the corners by my nose). It sets beautifully with HD powder or is actually fine alone without being set.

This hid my pore issues very well and didn't accentuate any fine lines while controling oil.

Like I said above, for me it's too much for daytime but for evenings out it's great!

My skin is very temperamental so I do change foundations often . I am probably one of the very few people who has very dry skin and gets along great with this foundation. I moisturise heavily so often find that due to this, moisturizing foundations, or maybe ones designed for dry skin, slide right off my face. This however, gets along great with my moisturiser and primer and sits nicely on my face. I love to look dewy but not wet, so this is just right for me.

If you are dry and wanting to use it, always exfoliate the night before and moisturise, and then moisturise again the next morning before application. FYI, Origins Vitazing moisturiser works really well with the matifying of the foundation.

As for the price, I'm in the UK where it's very hard to find, I found a place in London who sell to make up artists and the public, I picked this and another shade up all for about £48.

on 4/16/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally a liquid that does not make me look like a grease ball a couple hours later after applying! You have to get used to the spreadability of it but I really like its coverage. It also looks very natural on. I always get nice comments on my skin when I wear this and my skin is not that nice! I have acne and acne scars and it covers them well. I always see that people complain that its drying on their skin, my advice, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE OILY SKIN THIS FOUNDATION IS NOT FOR YOU! I think some people think they have oily skin when really they don't, the problem may be they are drying their face out with to much with products and not properly moisturizing and then their face compensates by sending more oil to their face...

on 4/7/2011 5:53:00 PM

This is an awful foundation. Very hard to blend, which totally accuntates any dry flakes, looks horrible, chalky and unnatural, for 25 quid you dont get a lot in the bottle either, doesnt cover anything as its meant to be full coverage! Ive only worn it once for a few hours so I cant comment on its lasting ability but it does give a very matte finish

on 4/7/2011 10:07:00 AM

I've tried so many things I've lost count. I always have a hard time matching colors on my own so I finally wen to Sephora one day and asked them to find me a good foundation/concealer that would help me stay matte and they directed me over to the MUFE line. She tried a few colors of the Mat Velvet and we decided 30 was the best choice, not the perfect choice, but the best one. She did me up and I liked it, but felt like I could still see a lot of the post blemish marks that make me feel very self conscious so she went and got a matching concealer from MUFE as well. Now we were talking... I really liked the finish and coverage. I definitely use a brush for applications and it goes on smooth and I can buff it out so it looks pretty natural. I have yet to see any make up that doesn't look like make up on you. I do think it helps keep me matte, but there is a point in the day when I will have to blot a little around the nose area. I'm hoping this will be good for my upcoming wedding in May. The price is pretty comparable to other brand name foundations out there and I don't have to use a ton of it so hopefully, it'll last a while.

on 4/6/2011 11:45:00 AM

I heard great things about this product so I had to try it.The color matched my skin perfectly and it is easily blendable,but I honetly think I could get the same if not better matte coverage with a cheaper foundation.The foundation goes on smooth and covers nicely ,but the coverage doesn't last,by 2 every afterboon, I'm resenting choosing this foundation.Overall opinion....will use the rest of this bottle,but will opt to try something new when its time to re-up.

on 4/3/2011 6:23:00 PM

This foundation was good, but not quite HG. I may have liked it more if it leaned more yellow than pink (I have cooler skin but I prefer a bit of yellow in my foundation to counteract redness). It just wasn't the right color match for me, which is the main reason I didn't like it.

The finish is lovely when applied with a brush or damp sponge, and the coverage is pretty buildable. It didn't keep me matte, however - I had to blot throughout the day.

FInally, I would've preferred if the tube wasn't opaque so I could see how much I've used, although I liked squeezing it onto the brush or sponge.

I've moved onto Lorac Natural Performance in number 2 and I'm liking it much more. Overall, Mat Velvet is a decent foundation but it just isn't right for me.

on 4/3/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Perfect for my very oily skin. It dries fast and really sticks to the skin. It provides great coverage without having to pile it on and it allows me to use less concealer. It is a little expensive but definitely worth it. You must give this a try!

on 3/31/2011 3:57:00 AM

I've used many foundations over the years, from drug store brands to high end, and this is my all-time favorite foundation. It lasts throughout the day, even when I get sweaty, and never makes me breakout! I love it, love it, love it.

on 3/24/2011 11:08:00 AM

I wanted to love this because MakeupbyTiffanyD from YouTube highly recommends this. But it caused cystic acne on my nose everytime I used it. It was also too drying for my skin and I have oily skin. Since then, I have turned to mineral makeup which seems to be better for my skin.