August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by roxette

This is my favourite of the Dermalogica products.
I can have quite troublesome skin but this gently exfoliates without stripping my skin or being too harsh.
It also leaves skin looking lovely & bright

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by PissyMissyIsBack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry/sensitive skin - this product keeps my skin glowing and does NOT dry it out. the key is making sure you disolve the powder in your hand with a little water - don't scrub your face with straight dry powder grit. LOL I use it nearly every day at night & then apply my moisturizer (dermalogica intensive moisture balance). This is a large bottle and will last a long time as you only need about 1/2 tsp each use - I think its kind of expensive, but worth it - however, you can get it for a lot cheaper at whatgreatskin.com - and their shipping is super fast. :o) I will never go back to a physical exfoliant again - they are far too harsh & damaging. this is the ONE for me - my HG. fyi - I am 35 and in Baumann's book I'm DSNT - dry, sensitive, non-pigmented, tight. after using Dermalogica products, my skin became much less sensitive & dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jayejoseph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This might be my HG of facial scrubs. It always leaves my skin feeling smooth and lush, never dry and tight. I love the tiny beads and the way they feel like they just scrub the junk right off my face. Plus, even with my ultra-sensitive skin, I really can use it daily with no ill-effects.

My only complaint is the packaging. Sometimes I find that the "shaker" gets a little clogged. Still, it's an absolutely wonderful product that I will continue to use for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by melissaldymond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I have been using it for over 4 years which is super long for me because I tend to get bored and cheat on product after a while. It clears off all the little bumps and dead skin cells leaving skin feeling very smooth and even. I use it every day and it doesn't bother my skin. (I have oily skin). My only complaint is if water gets into the bottle it clumps up the powder and makes it hard to get out and use. The bottle gets water in it easily if it is in the direct stream of your shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by karinatwork

In all fairness, I have to say that it works well. But this is way too harsh to use every day, at least I cannot use it every day. It would kill my skin. But for people with more resilient skin, go for it. EDIT: I am now using it every day and I really notice when I don't. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by cher1565

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this product for a week, but so far so good. It's different from the other scrubs i've used as it starts as a powder then foams up. So if you're looking for an abrasive scrub this is not the one for you. I have acne prone oily skin and recently have found that my scrub was irritating my skin so i decided to switch. I do like it. I even think that it's improving my skin quality - brighter looking skin! It doesn't irritate my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 9:57:00 AM More reviews by miere

I love this product. I recommend it to all my clients who have either sensitized skin or if they are exfolaint addicts (big no no!!). It is gentle for everyday use and will leave your skin feeling soft. It also has a skin brightening complex, so it is good for people with some mild hyperpigmentation.

I used to keep it in my shower so that I could quickly exfoliate in the morning, but I think the steam or perhaps some water got into the container because after about a month, it turned clumpy and grey. So please keep the lid tight!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by alabasterdulcinea

WOW! I got a sample of the Microfoliant plus a sample of Murad's AHA/BHA cleansing exfoliator and Dermalogica's Multi-vitamin mask. I don't know if I'll even bother trying the murad! This is my second Dermalogica product; I was given a full size of the Multi-active toner last year and I am really impressed by the product line so far. . No artificial colours or smells-- which is how skincare should be, IMHO. I combination skin with a few whiteheads in the T-zone and chin and this didn't irritate them at all. It feels fantastic. And even though it doesn't have micro-beads it really does feel like your face is getting polished and smoothed. I put on the multi-vitamin mask afterward.... I felt so pampered! I'm getting the full sized version with my next paycheque!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by JWu1

This stuff is awesome. It makes my skin smooth and dewy. It works much better if you leave it on longer than the one-minute suggested.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Hutchence

I was recommended this product by a Dermalogica salon to brighten up my normal-combination and slightly sensitive skin. I tried a sample and wasn't impressed - it dried my skin out and left me with itchy red patches around my nose and chin. I went back to the salon, they gave me the "that means it's working to resurface your skin, you have to keep at it, it will get better!" argument. Owing to my great experiences with most other Dermalogica products, I bought the full size container and used initially daily, then when my skin was still irritated I cut back to three times a week it until it was half empty.

At this point, yeah, my skin tone was evened out - it was ALL blotchy rather than just blotchy in patches. My pores weren't any clearer, my dry patches were drier than ever and the slight oiliness on my nose and chin was worsened in response to the constant abrasion. The smell and consistency reminded me of washing powder. The shaker container reminded me of a sugar dispenser. I took the rest of the container back to my salon for a refund and babied my skin for the next month to get it back to normal.

How did I use this product? Well, I used it exactly as it had been explained to me by Dermalogica themselves - cleanse first, use the Daily Microfoliant as a "booster" mixed with water and gently massaged into my skin second.

My skin doesn't normally react badly to exfoliation, nor to Dermalogica products, so I'm stumped as to why this wrecked my face so badly, considering I did everything by the book. Thankfully, I've since found an exfoliant - pH Advantage's Polybead Moisturising Cleanser - which seems be doing all that Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant CLAIMS to do without sending my skin to hell and back. I also use Dermalogica's Skin Prep scrub a couple of times a week for a more invigorating scrub and that's working for me as well.

I would like to thank this product for one thing though, and that is for teaching me that if you sample skincare and have a bad reaction, you should learn from that and find something else to try - not persist in the name of "doing it properly" and end up torturing your skin because of what the "experts" say. If this product works for you, that's great - if it doesn't, trust your instincts and keep looking for something that does!

[I have to add: I do think it's kind of laughable to suggest, as per some of the reviews below, that if you have a bad reaction to this product it must be because you're either not using it correctly. Everybody's skin is different. Just because you haven't had a bad reaction to the ingredients in this product doesn't mean that they couldn't possibly be responsible for a break out on someone else's face.]

19 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No