October 24, 2014 | 1015 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Dalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I heard about it on this website. The free sample is nice. Only having to pay 3.97 for shipping is worth it. EM's website say the sample size is only good for 3-6 applications. I found it has enough for many more. I apply it using the Essence of Beauty Foundation Brush in downward strokes. However, your face has to be matte when you apply it, or it will look muddy and awful. I tried it over my sample of Clinique Superdefense Combo/Oily it was nice and the sunblock doesn't break me out or irritate my rosecea. It works best when used with a sunblock or sunscreen, the minerals seem to adhere better and look flawless longer. But finding a matte sunblock or sunscreen will be your biggest challenge. As far as mineral makeup is concerned I have only tried one other BE. I'm back for good. I hope they never change their formulas. I do have to mix a couple to get my perfect match, I am fair with red rosecea. So what, when I go to a cosmetics counter those poor girls do not know where to start. I always have to return several bottles because it is never right. So which is worse, I think the latter. Please try it you will like it. Clinique Superdefense (combo/oily) and EM is my flawless skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Melindau

Love this mineral makeup! Have used BM in the past, but the color selection here is wonderful and the product is cheaper! My skin has been flaring up terribly with the weather change, and this has been a saving grace for me. I use MaryKay skincare which is great, and recently switched to MAC foundations (NC25 in Select and Stick), but have had a terrible time with them this fall. Tried this Everyday Minerals in Light neutral and then a layer of Light (golden) and get a very nice look. I'm waiting for my first order of a couple of their finishing powders to help with any shine. Overall really happy with this makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by paigie42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am new to mineral makeup and decided to try this line because it was so inexpensive. I really like this line in general, but I did not enjoy the intensive formula. On my face it came off very chalky or cakey. It made me really look like I was wearing makeup, but at the same time didn't cover up blemishes that well. I like a lot of their other stuff, but just not this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Missq69

Great stuff. i thought the matte formula was great. But this is even better! Same natural look with more coverage. No Pimples either. i will going to get the full size soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a Bare Escentuals fan for a couple of years now. I have super acne-prone and with a little bit of rosacea and mineral makeup seems to be the only thing that doesn't break me out AND looks natural.
    After reading the reviews on this, I had to try it. A while ago, I got the sampler and had some trouble picking out a foundation color but ended up loving the Intensive Fair concealer. Recently, I was finding that my BE color was incorrect (fair) and the next step up (the lightest one) was way too light. So I went back to the EM site and saw that the Intensive Fair color comes in a foundation color (they call it Fawn but the description says it's a lot like the concealer). So I tried it and I really liked it! I got it in Intensive and Original Glo. I really need the Intensive at the moment and it looks great! It's a little drying but my skin has been a little drier lately so that could be it. The Original Glo was had too little coverage but it could work at another time. I didn't see any sparkles or anything in it like other people have mentioned so I'm not sure what that's about.
    I'm going to keep using this for a month or two and then update, but right now this is my new foundation! I never was opposed to the price of BE because it lasts so long for me but it's hard to argue with EM's pricing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ilovebnamom

I HATED this formula. I felt like my face couldn't breath and I looked so fake! I prefer a more natural look! And I like to feel like I am not wearing any make-up at all. This was my least favorite formula from EM. I would not recommend it to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to love this but I just couldn't. Great price, great color because I can mix several to color match my skin tone (no easy task). But at the end of the day, I'm just a shiny mess. I don't have oily skin, but this is just horrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ILuvBen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDM intensive is my favorite MMU - I have tried lots of different ones. I started with the Matte EDM since my skin is super oily but ordered the intensive when it came out since I wanted the extra coverage. This is my new favorite - started by mixing fair and medium but now with all their new color choices I buy the Cool Fair Medium which is a perfect match for my skin.

This does provide great coverage but for spots/scarring on my face I do use a tiny amount of a cream concealer, let dry, follow with the EDM multi-task concealer using a small fluffy brush over those same areas, then use the EDM Flat head brush for the foundation application. This has been the best combination for coverage on my skin.

I have stopped trying other MMAs since I keep going back to EDM. I have actually used up two foundations and one concealer - unheard of in my huge inventory of products!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by princess39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite Mineral Makeup. I love the Intensive formula the best. I got the sample kit and found a perfect match in Fairly Light Beige. Holds up better then any MMU I have tried. Good coverage without looking heavy. This puts BE to shame. Cheaper too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Emese1

If I put little it doesn't cover well enough. If I put more it's way too obvious and still doesn't give me the coverage I want. In addition I also feel like wearing mud on my face (has another reviewer said the same thing about mud? not sure). I have very oily face and often breakouts. I just haven't found a powder foundation that would give me what I need: control oil (not the highest priority), even out my patchy skintone, cover blemishes and look as natural as possible. I also use Chanel Double Perfection powder occasionally and have similar gripes about it. I think it also it (Chanel) gives me breakouts, though I can't say for sure, 'cause I have hormonal acne anyway.
    EDIT I gave it 3 lippies now. I put it on shortly after moisturizing my face and it feels a bit better. On a whim I tried the concealer that I got in the sample package ('intensive light'). I'd thought it'd be too light and too yellow. Well it's the perfect color for me. It does look natural and evens out the red undertones and suits my yellow toned skin. If I use a good concealer underneath that won't budge I can use it for those day when I'm totally in a rush (like this morning) and don't mind not having a 'perfect' face (which I'm finding more and more impossible even with full coverage liquid mu). I think I'm going to order this for those days when I don't have half an hour to put on liquid with a sponge. I also had a total oil breakthrough on my nose after a few hours.
    UPDATE: This is the only foundation I'm willing to put on my face now. I'm still giving it a rating of 3, because I wish it'd cover better, but I think with the right brushes that I'm wating for it'll do that too. I like that it's natural and has only a few ingredients. It's more and more important for me these days. I started using Differin a couple of months ago and my face is clearing up,so I don't need as much coverage as I used to. I totally gave up liquid foundation. I like that I've found the right shade (Fawn) which is a pale, yellow tone shade. I add a tiny bit of color with Light Neutral on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. I also use a cream concealer under my eyes, otherwise I think it'd excentuate fine lines.
    I can't imagine what I must've looked like for years when I wore the wrong color and texture of foundation (and living in a place where I didn't have the constructive criticism of my sisters).I really think it's the most natural looking makeup I've ever used.