April 18, 2014 | 1896 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am PPP and have been using the Porcelain Bisque corrector (the lightest shade) for about two years now. This product can take "concealing" your undereye circles to the next level. I pat this under my eyes, careful not to apply too much. On its own it does have some power as a concealer but has a whitish cast to it. The idea is to apply BB concealer over the corrector, but for some reason that I can't remember I didn't like the BB concealer. Instead I pat my HG concealer, Lancome Effacernes, over it. This has given me the best results for covering my under eye circles in recent years. Of course, there could be something better that I haven't tried, but this seems to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never thought I needed any kind of concealer around my eyes, after all I am pretty young, until I looked at myself closely in the mirror one day. I'm pale. So pale that the veins around my eyes are clearly visible, which looks downright scary. I knew then and there that I needed something to correct this unfortunate side effect of being a PPP. I tried this and that without much success before I came across this product. The corrector nicely covers my veins while actually matching my skin, I use porcelain bisque. I never found any other product that did both. I can also use it to cover some blemishes. I've used up two and a half of these over the past two years and will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have somewhat translucent, light skin under my eyes with minimal blueness to cover. This did cover very well, but alas, on my 51 yr. old undereye area, the obvious crepiness was apparent. The powder to set it, I found made the lines even more apparent. I had to return this. I think it would be effective on youthful eyes, but one would still need to hydrate the undereye area first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sbruschi

Wow. This stuff is good. I have the worst shadows ever!!! (allergies/tired) BUT when I use the light bisque corrector with the warm ivory concealor (for my fair yellow undertone skin) it actually conceals wonderfully! I have never had anything close to as good as this product for my shadows. You really need to use the concealer with it though so the pink undertone in the corrector cancels out the yellow undertone in the concealer thus acheiving a flawless look! I also set it with powder to minimize creasing which does the job!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jkellas13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVING IT. I wear Bisque, I am also a MAC NC20. I just started using this product a month ago and can't believe I ever went without it! I pair the product with the BB Creamy Concealer Kit - works really well, lasts all day, and really makes my eyes look young and fresh. I also use it around my face on my red spots (nose, blemish, etc).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG, this is fabulous!!!

But don't believe the Bobbi Brown codex of using concealer/corrector 2 shades lighter than your skin tone, instead match your skin tone as best you can w/ this corrector, maybe even let it be a bit dark to look at in the tub, because when you blend it w/ a damp sponge it will seem lighter.

I am pretty fair and use a light/medium bisque when I am winter pale, and I almost didn't recognize myself when I applied it the first time. Dark circles GONE!!!

This will never leave me, I may try out the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer which is pink/peach toned as well though. The pink/peach tone is the key to make the under-eye circles disappear, yellow doesn't work as well.

Expensive but a total life-saver!
UPDATE: this really stays put all day until you remove it. I use a tiny amount of translucent powder to set it and then it's just stuck to my skin until I clean it off. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love love love BB corrector in Light Bisque. It's a light pink concealer that takes care of my dark blue/purple inner and outer corners. I don't feel the need to layer a concealer on top of the corrector. I'm so fair - all I need it the corrector.
If you had asked me a year ago about correctors I would have said they are overrated. But that's because I was matched for the wrong one - Porcelain Bisque - which is practically white/pink and just did not blend as seemlessly into the skin.

You have to set the concealer with a powder in order to have it last all day - I hate BB's powders - I love Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder - and that's what I use to set the corrector. I apply the corrector with my finger - to warm up the product - as will any undereye product - they always look best when you use an eye cream first. I use my mac 188 brush to set with powder - it seems to help never leave a powdery look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ohmyjessica

This product went from being non-existant in my life to being an ABSOLUTE STAPLE! It's the best corrector/concealer I've ever use -- hands down! It works as both (in my opinion), and it's well worth the price. You use a small amount and it works miracles! I don't think anything else compares to this. I'm a huge BB advocate as it is, but I could literally get fisted in the eye and rely on this product to guide me through the day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is GOOOOOD, ive had it for a lonnng time now, even though it looks tiny, you do not need to use much :).
I have oily/combination olive skin and i use the Peach Corrector, use it with a brush or your fingers, you do not need to buy the powder they offer with it, you can simply use any other pressed powder of your own.
its great, but do not use too much as it will end up looking too cakey and will form lines, but apart from that, it does what its made to do!! xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am plagued with allergy shiners nearly year-round but mostly in the spring. This corrector is a big help. First I use squalane on the undereye area, let it get absorbed, then I put on some eyebright, let that product get absorbed, smooth it out, and then pat on a bit of the corrector. I use this product sometimes without the concealer because it so perfectly matches my skin tone (her new shade, light to medium bisque). I had used up the bisque corrector and so this little compact is my second one. Her colors for concealers and correctors are fantastic and blend very well with my MAC NC25 skin. Wish she would get a clue on the pink tones in skin instead of denying they exist.

Anyway, unless I want pity from family members and go without the eyebright/corrector/sometimes concealer, I use these three products every day with a base of a drop of squalane. No lines, no wrinkles, no cracking, no drying up. This setup works great for me. The price is reasonable and I use one small compact in about 10 months, so the cost is very tolerable.