August 30, 2014 | 1324 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my greatest makeup buy of all time..im 21 and i hv very bad hereditary under eye circle with very visible line!!awh it is so frustrating to buy concealer that are just so drying and will do nothing except for accentuating my fine line even more and make it look cakey and crappy..not with this stuff though..it is so creamy to touch and very2 pigmented..the packaging is so small you'll think it's not worth the steep price (or shall i say very2 steep price), but really, u only need a little..this is not cakey at all people..yay for me!is doesnt settle into fine line and it is not drying at all..and the most important thing is it covers my under eye circles like a dream..i am about NC43 in mac shade and i use dark peach corrector..i don't need anything else on top of it because the dark peach color blends well with my very dark under eye circle and it actually looks like my skin..i give it a 4 because of the price..but nonetheless,i'll never stop repurchasing it..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by longbeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is the most amazing product I use. Honestly, it's like I'm in the middle of a makeover show every morning in my bathroom. I have distinct blue veins under my left eye and in general, am dark in the corners of my eyes. This stuff erases those and makes me look awake and younger. It's amazing. I generally pair it with BB concealer, too. It does go into my creases and fine lines a little bit, but the overall effect is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I bought this is Dark Peach to use as an aid to my concealer but found that I can use this as my concealer. I find that the texture is creamy, doesn't crease, stays on well, and does a pretty decent job as counteracting undereye darkness. I find that when I do put concealer over this I have to be careful not to put too much because it can look cakey.

This product is comparable to Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooove his product.

If you are Indian Asian you know how difficult it is to cover up. Most concealers instead of brightening look ashy, cakey, grey and make the circles even worse

I am NC42/44 in MAC in foundation and have tried the equivalent concealers as well as NW35 in Studio Sculpt. In BB I am Warm Natural/Honey foundation and concelaer in Honey.

I was not happy with the way it looked for the above reason. I then decided to try the Corrector in Dark Peach and OMG with one product (instead of 2 or 3 see below) my circles are almost non existent. I then go over with BB Pale Yellow powder to set If I have time I use Sudio Sculpt in the corners to brighten although I want to try the BB tinted under eye brightener.

It is quite expensive so only use it on the days that I am going out. On normal days I use Stila Under Eye Concealer in Warm (which I think has been discontinued ;o( and then to brighten put the Mac Studio Sculpt in the inner corners) and blend. Then I set it with BB Pale Yellow powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to try this product. I have a medium-dark almost tanned skin and I had it in PEACH. It was a little light for my skin...but then again..a concealer has to be layered on top of it.

It has GOOD COVERAGE, NICE PACKAGING, and FAIR PRICE! Other than that..it's not so different when I match it with my cheapy IMAN concealer + MAC's Studio Sculpt NC42(I THINK).

It's honestly all about the layering and the blending of it. If you place just a concealer on of course it'd look so pale. The only time I did not need to layer anything was when I had YSL touche Eclat but that is too expensive and too translucent for my taste.

TIP: I usually place my lightest concealer (now I do it with the BOBBI BROWN CORRECTOR)....then layer it with something more peachy like my old YSL or MAC Studio Sculpt (just be careful with this stuff...it really is thick...so blend blend blent)

Then I layer all of that with a thin layer of my foundation for the most natural look. Make sure to moisturize properly or it will CAKE -_-

But ya...this product is great for darker circles...will definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an HG for me until very recently when I discovered Benefit's Erase Paste. BB Corrector is a great product, don't get me wrong -- but I think the Erase Paste kind of "one ups" it in several ways. Those being: the Corrector is a little too pink/orange for my NC20-25 skin (I used Light Bisque), which obviously doesn't look great. It also has a tendency to settle into fine lines and look "wet" since it doesn't really sink into the skin. I had to cover it with powder to stop it from looking wet or oily, which in turn made it look chalky. All in all, it covered my hereditary dark circles, but it didn't look natural. They just looked like I'd covered my dark circles. If you find the Corrector is too pink, try the Erase Paste in the Light color. It's worked a lot better for me, especially with Smashbox eye primer underneath -- barely any settling into lines!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by melaniethw

This is my first review and believe me, I wouldn't do a review on a product if it isn't awesome! I'm a person who likes to just pat a little tinted moisturizer, some concealer and just head out. Hence, I needed a very "natural-toned" concealer as I rarely go with the full-madeup-look. My old concealer left me extremely dry around the eye area so I got Bobbi Brown's *renowned* Corrector in Bisque. It has a pretty pink undertone-ish colour. When I was "trying" it at the counter, the sales lady said that I'll need BB's creamy concealer to top it off. I disagree with her! The colour and pigmentation is absolutely wonderful on its own! Additionally, I have once had it on after a long afternoon nap and by evening, the coverage hadn't changed one bit! However, there is one downfall of this product though, as it leaves a slightly "oily" sheen to it. My sister, my boyfriend and my bestie said that the "sheen" makes my eyes look rather "dewy". But I prefer matte instead. So I'll be looking into buying a loose powder to set and mattify the corrector. So far, I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Yuuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!

I don't write reviews period. But this is definitely a MUST. I absolutely love, love, love this product. I got the Peach shade for my brownish/purple dark circles and this is definitely my HG. I have extreme dark circles and have been looking for a good concealer ranging from HE to drugstore brands to cover up, but to no avail. They either cake or don't cover at all. I know on the BB site, it says that you MUST use something on top of the corrector to make it look natural, but I have found a way to do so without.

There's two ways to do it depending on whether or not I'm pressed for time. When I am, I'll take some corrector and warm it up on my hand then I'll quickly mix in some of the BB hydrating eye cream together with it and use a brush to apply, making sure to blend. Eye cream (esp hydrating ones) is important when apply concealer under your eyes AND do not skimp on it, I say, the more the better. After this, I'll apply loose power, I use a japanese one because it seems to have light reflecting properties? to set it.
When i have more time, I'll warm up the corrector on my hand, apply eye cream under my eyes, then apply the corrector with a brush. I don't use the BB concealer with the stuff because it looks cakey even after i pile on loads of BB's hydrating eye cream.

Now, how do I use the corrector without anything else on top? I know plenty of people apply concealer beyond their dark circles to make it look more blended. But I apply only on the parts where I have the dark circles and nothing further. If I do apply the corrector pass my dark circles, the Peach will be very obvious on my skin. So that's my trick. I'm not sure if this will help others, but this helps me ALOT. HTHs.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this corrector. And its amazing, it really takes away my dark circles under my eyes, its soooo creamy blending is so easy with this product. And it doesnt crease. A little bit goes a long way. But crazy expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good product that does help reducing dark circles. It has a very natural finish - not cakey at all. I am NC15/20 and I use Light bisque.
I pat it under my eyes and, depending on the effect that I want to achieve, sometimes I use it by itself and sometimes I use it under the creamy concealer. It does make a difference. It does not last all day, hence 4 lippies.