Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/18/2009 9:05:00 PM

I really love the Dove bar. 1st it's NOT a soap... it cleans as well as soap! The scent is classic - Clean, comforting and pure.

I always keep a bar around!! Although I love the scent - I wish they would make different Dove scents. But other than that - this is a classic soap. I love when my DH uses it - it smells really nice!

on 3/18/2009 9:22:00 AM

A doctor recommended this to me when I was having some skin (body, not face) issues. The ingredient list is a mile long and all chemicals. I then went back to an all-natural cold-process soap with goats milk - and one that I can read the ingredient list. (note: I wasn't using this when I saw the doctor, it was after I saw the doctor that I remembered about this soap and then went back to it rather than Dove).

I also get annoyed with their commercials that show the "soap scum regular soap can leave behind" with the naked woman under the black light. Fine print says "artistic dramatization". What are they hiding that they can't just have their product without needing and artist to make another product look bad?

on 3/18/2009 9:14:00 AM

I've had bad acne for about 4 years, I've been to dermatologists, tried countless numbers of products, this is the only stuff that helps my skin. Doesn't irritate it at all and clears up my zits :) I buy the green sensitive bar or the blue unscented bar, both perfect. Definitely recommend !

on 3/18/2009 12:15:00 AM

Love! Love! Love! I've tried so many shower gels and body washes and I always keep coming back to the good old Dove...its efficient, smells clean, and doesn't leave my body dry at all...and it last too, will definately repurchase over and over again.

on 3/12/2009 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

All in all I like this soap, makes my skin feel nice and clean, but does my skin feel really tight after I wash my face. It really does not moisturize though :(
But I would used this again as a basic skin cleanser.

on 3/12/2009 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this soap, i actually have the pink one, but i feel so pretty and feminine when i use it. I love the smell, it so yummy!! the only thing is , my husband says it reminds him of his grandma!

on 3/10/2009 7:49:00 PM

Love it!
Other soaps leave my skin feeling sticky and scummy, but this one leaves my skin feeling soft, fresh and clean!
It smells great too! I LOVE this! ♥

on 3/10/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This dove soap bar is great it not only leaves your skin soft but it smells great i love this soap i have like 15 bars at home.. stock up on only the best..

on 3/10/2009 5:57:00 AM

So so. I'm not crazy about this soap bar. Actually it's not even a real soap, but rather a soft syndet with some cream inside.
From an hygienical point of view is not the best choice. Traditional hard soap is less weak towards bacteria. Maybe Dove is filled with preservatives to avoid that. I don't know. I go for this bar when I find it around at home and have nothing else on hand. It lathers well, very creamy and gentle on the spot. The scent doesn't make me giggle. I only like it every once in a while. It's so fakely clean, it lasts to much on skin, it's a disturbing chemical kind of clean. I can't stand Dove body lotions.
The results on skin are strange and highly mixed. It cleanses deeply and gently both face and body, but after a few minutes I feel my skin stripped and tight. It's supposed to be moisturising, but it's not. The famous 1/4 of cream is maybe more useful to dissolve dirty and makeup better before the foam part rinses it away.
so it could be a good choice for oily skins. Anyway give you skin some moisture afterwards.

on 3/10/2009 5:24:00 AM

After searching for years for the perfect product for my face, I come back to Dove. I have a pretty basic routine for my face, I use a generic Cetaphil first, then follow with the plain white Dove bar, and top it off with Clinique Moisture Surge. I've used this method for the past 2 months and have seen a dramatic difference in the look and feel of my face. My skin glows, and feels so incredibly soft. For the first time ever, I get compliments on my complexion. And that's proof enough for me! I love it.