Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. Tocopheryl Acetate. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleyl Alcohol, TEA-Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cellulose, Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate. Xanthan Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contian : Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titnaium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Bismuth Oxychloride, CArmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first liquid eyeliner. I love the felt tip applicator, it really helped with the application and getting a thin line. However, the tip does break off a bit from constant use and it does smudge if you rub your eyes, so its technically not "colorstay". Otherwise, this is a great product and I would buy again.

on 1/10/2010 3:45:00 PM

There's no need to buy high end liquid liner - for the shelf life and amount of use you get, go drugstore brand. Of the three liquid/felt tip style liners I've regularly used (Quo and Gosh being the other two), Revlon ColourStay is the best. The applicator doesn't pick up too much product, it doesn't "lint up" like some of the others do, and it's the best value. I pick these up in bulk when they're on sale for less than $10 at Shoppers Drug Mart and call it a day. Easy to grip, solid application and doesn't smudge.

Signed,
The Girl Whose Eyes Water Constantly Yet Still Maintains A Perfectly Lined Upper Lashline.

i've shopped around for A LOT of eyeliners, and this has to be my HG. the applicator is the perfect length. not too long and flimsy. i've used MAC's blacktrack, wet n wild, and nyc, but i always go back to this. if you're looking for an affordable eyeliner i would definitely try this out. you can even buy them for BOGO at most drug stores. =D

on 1/4/2010 1:27:00 PM

I really like this liquid eyeliner, it's dark, it stays and it goes on easy. I have this and a Lancome liquid eyeliner, and that one has a nicer and easier applicator but it doesn't go on as nice and this. Would keep using

PROS: Stays on great. Goes on well. Good applicator too.

CONS: Takes some practice. I guess it could last even longer.

ALTERNATES: I also like the Almay i-color version of liquid liner. If you don't mind spending more, Stila's stay all day waterproof eyeliner applies just a bit better than this one.

on 12/31/2009 5:59:00 AM

Awful- it smudges after a few hours and gives me raccoon eyes.

by the way i love the revlon colorstay pencil liner- get that one instead!

on 12/30/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first liquid liner I've ever used! You have to shake it before using it... maybe that's why it's watery for a few users.

Like some reviewers... it stings a LOT when it gets in my eyes. After about 2 hours of wearing this in the morning (around 10AM), my eyes sting reeally really much. But after the "morning dryness" disappear, I'd be fine. After about 8 hours, it smudges a little bit at the top (where my Asian eyelid creases). The longest I've worn it was 11 hours. The lines were still dark and black and still THERE. I have oily lids, and I'm just glad that this stays on for such a long time (even though it smudges just a little bit).

I looooooooove it! Never going back to pencil liner again!!! I honestly don't know what felt tip or whatever tip people are talking about... (the liner's tip is covered in black ink when I use it so, I can't tell what it is haha). I'm still a beginner in liquid eyeliners, but I have no complains for this liner's tip!

on 12/29/2009 7:23:00 AM

I have been using this product for a while now.
I line my top lid with this, and the application brush makes it super easy to create the cat eye look. :-)
It's very black and dramatic. It does stay on for ages, and doesn't flake or fade overtime unlike some other liquid liners.
The only downfall i guess is the fact that it does tend to smudge in humid conditions or if you have oily eyelids, and the application brush can be easily damaged. Mine started wobbling around and the hairs on the brush are starting to poke out.
Bottom line: Good product, stays on, easy application.

on 12/27/2009 2:54:00 AM

This is the first liquid eyeliner I have tried and it's the best eyeliner I have ever experienced. It stays put throughout the day until washed off. But it doesn't totally dry up right away so that i can take off the lines that weren't drawn right. the tip is sturdy and picks up enough liquid for a thin line. the product is also buildable without looking cakey or feeling heavy. This is my favorite eyeliner...so far ;)

on 12/14/2009 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was the second liquid eyeliner I have ever bought and I love it! I bought the one in "Black" and it is very black indeed. The only downside is that the applicator has these stringy material that I guess wore off and sometimes can make a mess when I am trying to apply. But then again, I have been using it for a long time and its probably a nudge for me to re-purchase.