April 24, 2014 | 1323 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

* PROS
- VERY long lasting on the top lid.
- Brush tip is very stiff so it's easy to control.
- Comes off easily in the shower with water and cleanser.

* CONS
- The colour is too matte - looks cakey and extremely fake.
- The brush is a bit stiff/scratchy.
- Doesn't last very long on the outer corner of my eye and the lower lashline.
- Hard to tightline with this. Need to use a very creamy black liner along with it on the top lid (Prestige Total Intensity in Deepest Black, same colour).
- It's hard to get the brush out of the tube, it gets stuck every time and I sort of have to wiggle/pull it out. If I pull it out too hard I'm scared the thing will explode.
- Even though the brush is easy to control, for some reason it is hard to make a straight, smooth line. I don't have this problem with my Avon liquid liner, same design.
- Quite pricey for a drugstore eyeliner (in my opinion) - $25 AUD.

BLACKEST BLACK: A very dark matte black. It actually looks a bit fake because it's *too* matte.
BLACK-BROWN: When I first applied it I thought, this isn't 'black' brown at all, it's just brown! But after it dries it does turn into a sort of dark brown, which would look much less harsh than pure black. Still too matte and fake looking though.

EDIT: Months later and I have given this liner a few more tries, but still hate it. Looks very fake and you can't get a smooth line with it. I use the Avon one everyday, but only on the inner 2/3 of my eyes, it doesn't last on the outer corner. I wing my liner with Prestige TI Black instead.

- - -
PRICE [4] $25 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for a while and for me it's still one of the best liquid liners around. I like the easy application, the handy packaging and the intense color. Only con is the durability... It's called ColorStay but it doesn't stay on that long. Especially when you're in a humid, warm invironment it dissolves quite easily. I solved it by putting black powder shadow on top of it and using a fixing makeup spray. I would buy it again but I keep looking for the HG of eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by misamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Similar to Maybelline "Waterproof" Liquid Liner, i.e., I like everything about this product except that it just doesn't stick around. I feel that ColorStay is a misnomer; maybe it should be called Color-Disappear-In-A-Couple-Of-Minutes. It's especially bad if I try to wing it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first ever liquid liners i ever tried. Im a pencil user most of the time so this was a different experiance for me.
The product itself came on a bit sheer. The colour was strong, but i could tell it could have been stronger. I found also that when ever i put on near the tear part of my eye it would burn horribly. Im not sure if its a chemical reaction with the eye and my product but it really wasn't pleasant. Also the formula was non-waterproof to a point it was pathetic If a single drop of water landed on your eye, get ready to look like a raccoon.
The price i think was pretty good for an liquid eyeliner but after the results i would be debating whether i would consider purchasing this type of liquid liner. If i could find something else for the same price i would definitely purchase it instead.
The packaging was my favorite part of this product. The brush made for easy maneuvering which i really liked. Its also excellent for wings, which i do on my eyes everyday. Ive never seen my wings as defined as the ones created with this product.
Overall, im torn by this product. There are things that i love about it but at the same time there are so many things that i dont like about it. I love the way it applies but don't like the burning sensation it give me when ever i wear it. I probably wont buy this again, but instead something with the same applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by babyazn87

I love this eyeliner. It stays all day, and does not smear. It is the only liner that will not smudge on me (I have very oily lids).
Edit: it started stinging whenever i apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by meaganstewart02

I'm really in love with this liquid eyeliner. I like the applicator because it feels somewhat like a pencil. It is pretty stiff, but for me that works great. I noticed there's some sort of glitter in it but I don't mind that either. Buy it! It's not expensive either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have this in blackest black, and I think it's just okay. I don't really like the stiff felt tip. It makes it harder to draw little eye-wings, in my opinion. I was never good at it, and then I bought a cream liner and an angled brush and now it's a piece of cake. This eyeliner is also not as intensely black as I'd like. I feel like I have to go over the line twice to get the color I want, which, by the way, is never a problem with my cream liner. It does stay put, though. I have very oily lids and this doesn't smudge. To be honest, this product was my first foray into something besides pencil eyeliners, and I've since found better. I'll be sticking with my WnW cream liner from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another bad liquid eyeliner I have used and hated.The color payoff was bad and after a few hours it started to flake off into my eyes which burned.Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by deretsun

I have oily lids but I can wear this all day without reapplying or crease. This is a relatively cheap eyeliner and very readily available in drugstores. I love this product and I'm on my third tube now. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been buying this product for at least 3 or 4 years and I love it! You don't need to spend any more money on a liquid eyeliner b/c I'm sure this could beat any product out there. The color is rich but not too much/intense. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. Sometimes I had a problem with some eyeliners that streak. This one does too sometimes but only towards the time when you're finishing off the product. Just go buy a new one when that happens. Totally recommended!