April 16, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by misamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Similar to Maybelline "Waterproof" Liquid Liner, i.e., I like everything about this product except that it just doesn't stick around. I feel that ColorStay is a misnomer; maybe it should be called Color-Disappear-In-A-Couple-Of-Minutes. It's especially bad if I try to wing it out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first ever liquid liners i ever tried. Im a pencil user most of the time so this was a different experiance for me.
The product itself came on a bit sheer. The colour was strong, but i could tell it could have been stronger. I found also that when ever i put on near the tear part of my eye it would burn horribly. Im not sure if its a chemical reaction with the eye and my product but it really wasn't pleasant. Also the formula was non-waterproof to a point it was pathetic If a single drop of water landed on your eye, get ready to look like a raccoon.
The price i think was pretty good for an liquid eyeliner but after the results i would be debating whether i would consider purchasing this type of liquid liner. If i could find something else for the same price i would definitely purchase it instead.
The packaging was my favorite part of this product. The brush made for easy maneuvering which i really liked. Its also excellent for wings, which i do on my eyes everyday. Ive never seen my wings as defined as the ones created with this product.
Overall, im torn by this product. There are things that i love about it but at the same time there are so many things that i dont like about it. I love the way it applies but don't like the burning sensation it give me when ever i wear it. I probably wont buy this again, but instead something with the same applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by babyazn87

I love this eyeliner. It stays all day, and does not smear. It is the only liner that will not smudge on me (I have very oily lids).
Edit: it started stinging whenever i apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by meaganstewart02

I'm really in love with this liquid eyeliner. I like the applicator because it feels somewhat like a pencil. It is pretty stiff, but for me that works great. I noticed there's some sort of glitter in it but I don't mind that either. Buy it! It's not expensive either!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have this in blackest black, and I think it's just okay. I don't really like the stiff felt tip. It makes it harder to draw little eye-wings, in my opinion. I was never good at it, and then I bought a cream liner and an angled brush and now it's a piece of cake. This eyeliner is also not as intensely black as I'd like. I feel like I have to go over the line twice to get the color I want, which, by the way, is never a problem with my cream liner. It does stay put, though. I have very oily lids and this doesn't smudge. To be honest, this product was my first foray into something besides pencil eyeliners, and I've since found better. I'll be sticking with my WnW cream liner from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another bad liquid eyeliner I have used and hated.The color payoff was bad and after a few hours it started to flake off into my eyes which burned.Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by deretsun

I have oily lids but I can wear this all day without reapplying or crease. This is a relatively cheap eyeliner and very readily available in drugstores. I love this product and I'm on my third tube now. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been buying this product for at least 3 or 4 years and I love it! You don't need to spend any more money on a liquid eyeliner b/c I'm sure this could beat any product out there. The color is rich but not too much/intense. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. Sometimes I had a problem with some eyeliners that streak. This one does too sometimes but only towards the time when you're finishing off the product. Just go buy a new one when that happens. Totally recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by alixnaiq

This isn't a bad product, and it's good for a subtle look - the previous liquid black liner I tried was MAC Liquidlast in Point Black, which I'm not planning to repurchase because it was a little intensely pigmented for my current taste. The felt-tip applicator is also nice & firm, good for a precise line. (I found the MAC Liquidlast applicators too soft.) Still, I have incredibly oily eyelids so most eyeliners smudge at least a little on me; it's just a question of how it looks after smudging. This one smudged only slightly for such a cheap product (US$2.59 on discount at Duane Reade), so it's a product I'd like to keep in my stash just to have on hand if I could find it at the same price. I actually find that the way this eyeliner smudges doesn't end up looking as, er, aesthetic as the smudging of the Revlon Colorstay black pencil liner, so I haven't been using this very often. So I might repurchase if I run out, but I don't plan to invest in any more liquid eyeliners - planning to try gel eyeliners instead.

Update 2014: Discovered my HG black liquid liner - L'Oreal Super Liner Intense Impact. (I have a longer review of it elsewhere on MUA.) It's much more pigmented, great felt tip applicator, dries quickly, lasts forever with Urban Decay Primer Potion - I've taken off one more lippy because this wasn't nearly as pigmented or long-lasting as the L'Oreal. Needless to say, I definitely won't repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Kikster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely oily eyelids, to the extent that all of those gel and creme eyeliners (Merle Norman, MAC, and Bobbi Brown) will eventually break down and smudge all over my face. I cannot wear any eyepencil type liner (I've had sales assistants insist that a pencil won't smudge, only to look in a mirror half an hour later and see rings of black have migrated all over my face).
This eyeliner works. And it is so easy to use. I use the point to dot between my lashes, then sort of wiggle the brush to smudge the color along the lashline. I have tried the Chanel liquid eyeliner pen and this one was a million times better (and that much cheaper too). I'm not a very steady hand, either. It's lasted more than six months (I don't wear makeup too often) without drying out at all. Highly recommend for newbie liquid liner users like myself!