August 22, 2014 | 1204 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by fromsmithwlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black has quickly become my go-to liquid liner. It's one of the truest blacks I've ever seen, drugstore or highend, and although it looks crazy small I've been using it probably two or three times a week for two and a half months and there seems to still be plenty left. Doesn't dry out, has a really great design. The whole top unscrews for a good-sized handle, revealing a nicely firm, pointed tip. I wipe a little of the excess off to prevent too heavy of an application, and usually start in the middle of my eye working out before doing the inner half. (This is how I always apply liquid liner, not just this one--it makes the application a lot easier, and I definitely make fewer mistakes this way.) A fantastic, extremely long-wearing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by serenitytomo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

my new HG liquid!!! <3 first of all the color is BLAAACK. and it last me all day. and considering that i have oily lids thats a tumbs up for me. and i love the felt tip applicator! i never was good at the brushes .. makes it easier for me and fast too! so i will definately will be bying again! and its cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kamile39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent eyeliner if you don't have extremely oily lids. Pigmentation could be richer, I noticed that even using black I have to go over 2 times to get the blackest color. Stays put for about 6 hours after that it starts to melt and rub off in the corners of my eye. I would say this is a good buy for someone with dry to normal skin that wants a good quality long lasting eyeliner. If you have oily skin beware that this eyeliner will not stay on all day and reapplication will be needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by marym126

Well, at first I hated this product because it was so hard to apply. It took me a couple of months of practice to finally sort of get used to it. The thing that keeps me using it is that it is the darkest, most pigmented black liner I have yet to see. Very dramatic and doesn't smudge all day. Versatile, because you can use it at night for dramatic eye makeup but surprisingly still looks flattering in the day. I thought it would run out sooner since the tube is super tiny but it's lasted me a few months now still going strong. I use it a few times a week. If only it were easier to apply, I would love this. If you make a mistake it dries very fast so it's very hard to correct. It's worth a try only if you want Super dark, dramatic liner that won't budge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sooo very much wanted to love this liquid eyeliner. I have terrible hand-eye coordination so I was never properly able to apply liquid eyeliner to my own eyelids, but I loved the way it made my eyes look. After consulting the MU board, I realized a felt-tipped e/l would be the best choice for beginners like me. I went and picked this up at Wal-Mart for under $10 CDN (not sure of the exact price).

I love everything about this eyeliner. The packaging is practical, black conical shape. You can stand it up on your dresser/vanity and when you shake it (which you must), you can hear one of those ball things inside like in nail polish to mix up the formula. I love the felt-tip applicator/wand as I can *actually* apply eyeliner to my top lid without making a squiggly mess as with the brush types. I do not find it hard or pokey, and it picks up the right amount of color. I got the color Blackest Black, and it is indeed what it says. It's a bold, true black. The staying power is impressive - I swiped this on my hand and it held up through my shower, handwashing, dishwashing etc with no smears, just slight fading. The formula is nice - not too liquidy, not too goopy (unlike my WnW Mega Liner Liquid e/l which has globs of product on the sides of the wand when you use it.)

Everything about this seemed perfect until it came down to applying it. This stung and burned my eyelids like CRAZY. I do NOT have sensitive eyelids and I can pretty much use any eyeliner or mascara and not have problems. I washed my face and tried it again, it still burned. I used pencil first and layered this over top - it still burned. Used it with a layer of UDPP right at my top lashline (I don't usually use primer) - it still burned. And then it burned even more to remove. It did NOT make my eyelid swell, did not make it red, but it was just uncomfortable. I tried to leave it on for a while to see if it would go away and it didn't. :(

This is particularly sad because it was a joy to apply, formula is beautiful, it's cheap, readily available and appears to have good staying power. I love the regular Colorstay pencil e/l (best pencil I've ever used) and I am so sad this CANNOT work for me.

So give this a try if you're new to liquid liners, or if you just prefer felt-tip, I still recommend it, but watch out for any adverse reactions you might have. Phew, sorry for the novel!

NOTE: I contacted Revlon Canada about this and the rep I was talking to says she has received quite a few calls about this - so it's not just me! I asked her if the Almay liquid e/l (since Revlon owns Almay) would be a better option and she says she recommends that because Almay is more gentle and hypoallergenic whereas Revlon is not (not sure about this, I swore the pkg said hypoallergenic?). I also asked her if the ingredients were the same, as they are kind of the same company and I thought they would just repackage, but she assured me multiple times they are completely different. Anyhow, I picked up the Almay Liquid Eyeliner in Black (regular, not i-Intense) and lo and behold, it has the same applicator! And doesn't sting my eyes! Yay! Give this a try if you have the same problem as I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colorstay, color me impressed! I ran out of my Loreal Lineur Intense with the flexible felt tip, and the local Target didn't have one in black. After my initial panic, I picked up a two-pack of the Revlon Colorstay liner for around the same price. Having used it for a week - love it! It really does stay forever - I've had it on for about 14 hours today and it still looks like it did when I applied this morning, winged-out bits and all. The Loreal, much as I loved it, would have faded to a barely visible patchy thin line on my oily eyelids by now. The applicator is stiff, but I think it gives me a much thinner and more even line so I like it. The packaging I'm not so thrilled with - you have to yank the applicator out of the little pot with some effort - that could be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently ran out of this eyeliner and haven't had a chance to buy another one. It's a great product. It's long lasting and the short applicator gives you more control, in case your hands are not steady. I have very oily lids and I've never had a problem with it smudging, even without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by prettykatemachine

I like vintage-looking, Catherine Deneuve-style winged liner, and nothing accomplishes it better than this. The foam-tip applicator is key- actual brushes are hard to use- even for a liquid liner junkie like me. This stuff is cheap, it lasts forever, and when you run out you can save the brush to dip into eyeshadows and use as liner. Definitely a must-have in my makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after running out of my L'Oreal Liner Intense which I had always loved but wanted to try something new. This eyeliner was terrible. The applicator point is too hard and it is impossible to draw a steady line. Worst part of all is it does not last. It runs terrible. If your eyes water even a little you are is trouble. Really disappointed in this product after reading all the good reviews. L'Oreal Liner Intense has a softer applicator and its lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

I love this product. The only thing that I would change is the applicator because it is seriouly to hard and scatchy. I wish it was just a little less firm. I actually use my Mac applicator in it because the top is a perfect fit for screwing it on