November 24, 2014 | 1797 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by deborahlouise

I got this within the realness of concealness kit. It works well for me and I don't find it difficult to blend, but I have fair skin so it works well. I'm not sure how good it would look with olive skin. I don't know whether I'd buy this separately, but I do like it for days when I don't want to wear full eyeshadow and it does take away any redness on my eyelids. Great value within the kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the theory behind this product: pale yellow counteracts red and purple tones on the eyelid. However, while it does that job wonderfully, it also began to crease after about 3 hours, hence only 4 lippies. The only way I could fix that was by putting this product on very carefully with a faux-haired eyeshadow brush and blending carefully. I little too much work for me. I will give it props for giving me a wide-awake look and being very natural-looking. I'd buy it again, but I don't think I'll run out anytime soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Moriana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eye base as I have darkish and oily eyelids and thought it may help both problems (lighten them up and help eyeshadow last longer)
At first, the result (as long as you don't apply too thickly) was quite good and did make me look wide awake but over time I felt it creased fairly quickly and after a few hours made my eyes feel very tired (As if the product irritated in some way)
I did try it as a base for concealer as I have dark circles and enjoy multi tasking products, but the result was too horrible to try again as it made the circles look ashen and I resembled a bride of Dracula, so with its comrade "Boing" this product resides at the bottom of my large make up bag

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Ali0624

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was too thick for me. For something that is applied to such a delicate area, I would want the consistency to be lighter and smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by star100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first couple of times you use this it can be hard to blend. However i really like this product and after using it for a month or so, i know have the application sorted! It's a great product for neutralising blemished / red areas on eyelids, as the yellow colour provides a neutral base for either wearing alone or with eye shadow. It's probably not that good if you're simply looking for a primer as it can be hard to apply.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really should have listened to the reviews with this.but its just been one of those products ive been so curious to try, since, well forever but never got round to it! well i finally caved in and bought it, oh what a waste of time and money doing that! On the lids, no matter how lightly i apply this it creases up within 30 SECONDS. secondly it makes me look like i have (quite bright) lemon e/s on....not a look that suits me at all! I finally tried it as a concealer and i think this was the best purpose of it, however it didnt do much then either. creased (although not as badly as on my lids) and kinda gave me that 'reverse panda' look- bright white under eye look, im quite fair as it is, and it was just too bright. im so angry for buying this, i KNEW deep down this was just one of those gimmicky benefit products!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by purplegirlie

Hmm. This one's a mystery to me. It doesn't work well for me, though I can tell it's a very high-quality product. Lemon Aid creases and smears all over my eyelids. Then again, EVERYTHING creases and smears all over my eyelids, so I don't really think that's a fault of the product. I think it's the perfect shade of yellow, and I really wish I could use it successfully. If I could find a way to keep my eyelids from being the absolute greasiest part of my face, this would be the first thing I'd put on them; really, I'd love to use it. Until then, Lemon Aid will, sadly, gather dust on my makeup table.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by imluckyly

This product is so hard to blend, i always feel like i'm wrinkling my eyes. The color is too bright for me,it doesnt look that natural and it just sits there. it doesn't do a good job holding colours. I think foundation does a better job. I havent' tried it underneat the eyes yet, but i'm scared because the skin around there is so delicate, it's not safe. Overall, i'm pretty disapointed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mamalizzie

Pleasantly surprised with this ... have been disappointed with most of the BeneFit items I've tried, but I really like the way this brightens my undereye area [PLEASE - don't write to correct me, I know it's not meant as concealer rather an eyelid product -- but, hey, it works for me the way I use it, okay!!]. I do use a concealer (MaryKay is still the HG for coverage in a concealer), and then dab a light layer on top to brighten with my pinky (don't have the "blend" issue talked about in other reviews if you "dab" ;) )... I also use it to hide any reddish undertones, as well as directly above my brows as a highlight -- works very nicely in all these areas and sets very well with loose powder. Thanks for redeeming yourself, Bene ... :o )

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by one_life_lover

Not thrilled at all with this product. I love Benefit, they usually have some great stuff but this is probably the worst I've tried. It's hard to blend & settled into the creases of my eyelid & within a few hours my eyes looked awful. I kept trying different ways to apply but nothing worked, I ended up with the same effect no matter what I tried. I've given up...$18 down the drain.