BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 2/8/2007 10:26:00 AM

I bought Lemon Aid on a lark one day and regret it. It does work as an eye brightener, but there is nothing natural or appealing about it. The texture is simply too think to be effective on the eyelids. It also blends very, very poorly. Will not repurchase.

Also, while the price is not astronomical, it's not a good value in the sense that you are not getting a high quality product in exchange for a big price tag. Mediocre, at best.

I love this as a primer before applying eye shadow. When I use it, my makeup doesn't budge. I also really like the way it looks on its own, but find that it creases after a short time, hence the one-lippie deduction.

on 2/1/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this product.i tap it on my eye lids and i let it sit there so my body heat can soften it up a bit then i blend it all over my lids.this stuff hides all the redness and discolorations on youre lids like nothing can ,youre eyes look awake no matter how early in the morning it is..remember it is not a concealer ladies it is a primer.my shadow stays put all day long with no creasing i mean no creasing at all!!it also makes the color of the eyeshodow stay true.i put my make up on at 5.30 a.m.and by 7.00 in the evening my shadow has not moved at all!i just started using this and it will be a staple in my makeup bag.$18.00 is not a bad price for considering how long this will last.

on 1/29/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great look for eyes, however, it should be a bit creamier. It really does just make eyes look good, young and healthy.

on 1/28/2007 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I don't understand why more people don't love this?? It's my HG concealer. If you are pale enough (I am NW 15-20) you can use it for blemishes, too, and it works perfect if you use it right. I always use Urban Decay's wonder brush to apply it. I get some on the brush and dab at the imperfections and put some under my eye and at the top of my nose at either side, that eye area. Then I PAT it. Don't rub! Just pat until the imperfections are gone. I set it with Jane Iredale's loose amazing base all over, but any mineral foundation will do. The little pot lasts forever, so to me this is not that expensive. I love it!!

on 1/28/2007 2:54:00 AM

Eh, I'm changing this review. This stuff creases way too easily. A good product but not a great one. Nice color, does brighten eyes but only for an hour or so.

on 1/24/2007 8:45:00 PM

I wish I had found this site before I bought this product. The color is perfect and makes me look like my eyelids are actually skin colored, instead of dark purple. But that only lasts for a couple of hours, and then it creases and looks awful. I only use a very little bit just touch my finger to the product, then put on, but it still creases. It's just not meant for people with oily lids.

Also, if you live in a cold climate, this stuff (and Boi-ing) gets so thick in the winter that it tugs on your lids when you apply it. Not good for the delicate eye area! One solution - blow your hair dryer on it for a couple of seconds before you try to apply it (I do this with some eyeliners too).

on 1/15/2007 10:15:00 PM

I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow tends to form a white shadow line by the end of the day. Lemon Aid was great! Just apply using a concealer brush, blend it well, let it dry for a few secs then apply powder eyeshadow.. Worked like a charm!

on 1/12/2007 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am amazed by how worthless this procuct is. I think if it were creamier, or if it were a cream-to-powder, it might work. But as it is, it's impossible to work with. It's so hard and impossible to blend! I have tried using my finger and a concealer brush, and my eyes end up more red from all the blending it takes to get it on. Skip this and get a better result with a layer of creamy opaque concealer and a skin-colored matte eyeshadow. I was so stoked when a girlfriend gave this to me, but she was right - it's garbage!

on 1/11/2007 1:48:00 AM

Thought this was a powder and I think if it was I would like it MUCH better. The color is perfect for hidding tired eyes and as a good base but it acts and feels like a cream eyeshadow and creases and makes my powder eye shadow come off quick.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products