October 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

My 12 year old daughter likes these but they do NOTHING for me! It does not moisturize as it states AT ALL and it doesn't even stay on long. I don't get what the big deal is. I have not used the tinted ones but my daughter's friends have and in my opinion it bleeds out and makes them look like clowns.

For those who are looking for a moisturizing chapstick, try Neutrogena's Naturals lip balm (over with the skincare products). It is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by geekybabe91

Hate this product. Did not moisturize my lips at all. In fact, this product made my lips worse! Never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I got 3 of them and wanted to see why everybody is so crazy about them and soon discovered that it's such a HORRIBLE and OVERRATED product!!! They feel very greasy and as soon as dries on the lips you have to reapply it again because it feels very dry and smell is nasty too. So dissapointed that i got into youtube hype with this and EOS lip balms, even NIvea sucks. the only one really helps it's burt's bee's lip balm they are the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

Bought this because of the rave reviews.
I didn't like this product at all. Barely any pigment and it dried my lips out. It also tastes and smells weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pb84

I stumble on this one when Nivea lipbalm not in stock for many weeks. Not much to say about a lipbalm actually, but I find it more moisturizing than the Nivea one, more naturally softm less slipper/glossy and last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by tpostell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average lip balm. Hydrates for a few minutes, then back to normal. The best lip balm is Lypsyl (without the SPF).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For whatever reason, Baby Lips was sold out in virtually every store in my area when it was first released for the longest time. All I would ever find were torn up display cases and, on occasion, an empty package. About eight months ago, the fervor finally died down a bit and I got a tube. I picked Cherry Me because I'm super boring and, well, that was the only "flavor" available.

First, the name Baby Lips is just weird to me. I suppose it is suppose to invoke images of soft, supple, unchapped lips that babies have or something but I'm still wondering how Maybelline came up with the name. The packaging is nice enough. It looks more like a cool tube of lipstick than a lip balm, mainly because of Louis Vuitton/Stephen Sprouse-esque writing. The balm itself is decent. In fact, I dare say it's just a heavier, less waxy version of good old cherry Chapstik. It has nearly the same cherry Chapstik-smell and also leaves your lips lightly tinted just like cherry Chapstik. It is fairly moisturizing, more so than Chapstik because it is heavier. I don't know if it's truly healing as I rarely get full on chapped lips unless I'm sick or sunburned. When that happens, no lip balm on the planet helps but this does manage to keep my lips from drying out and being totally devoid of color. Thus far, this hasn't crumbled or dried or become a total mess like some higher priced lip balms tend to do.

I likely would buy this again because it's cheap and the packaging is cute. It's not an HG product for me by any stretch but it's a good lip balm that is actually reasonably priced - quite a rarity these days.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Baby lips?? More like GRANDMA LIPS. It makes my lips even dryer and more chapped than before I put it on. And as it wears off it strips all the natural moisture from my lips. Even Vaseline is more effective. Sigh*

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by qcardsforclass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this chapstick! I picked this up right before my ski trip in Colorado (the mountain air is so dry) and it worked so well. The minute I put it on my lips I felt how moisturizing the balm was and I didn't feel like I had to reapply all the time. It also has SPF 20 which is so important to make sure lips don't get burnt! I have the quenched baby lips (it's the clear one) and I think it smells amazing; however, my sister said it just smells like sunscreen (which I disagree with...)
Definitely try this out if you have super chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love these balms! So far I have nine of them: peach kiss, yummy plummy, cherry me, quenched, grape vine, pink punch, peppermint, melon mania and pink wink. There isn't one that I don't love. They are all different and each has a unique quality. Some have a fruity scent, some have no scent, some have faint shimmer, some are more moisturizing and some have SPF and some leave sheer color behind and are glossy and some have a thicker layer of color. These are so very good and there's one for everybody. They are also inexpensive and the packaging is very cute yet sophisticated. I have seen photos of these balms in two types of packaging-one has a clear top and goes down the length of the tube with the words baby lips in a chubby font and the other are more of a traditional tube with a short cap with no printing and opaque tube with baby lips on the tube sticker. I have the clear ones (the ones sold in the US). As a 39 year old, I cannot get enough of these and if they make more colors/flavors other than the ones I already have I will happily get them! Highly recommend. They are not greasy and they wear well.
UPDATE: I just grabbed a limited edition 2 pack online with the ones called coral crush and twinkle. So happy!