September 16, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ChrissiRose

I love this lip balm so much! It is extremely moisturizing and it leaves a nice hint of color on your lips. The only bad thing is that if you leave it in the heat it melts faster than other lip balms. Other than that its a great buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CloudySkye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The lip balm claims to give eight hour hydration. It also has an SPF level of 20 and it doesn't contain oxybenzone, which is always a plus because oxybenzone is an endocrin disruptor.

I can't tell you anything about how long it lasts on your lips before you need to reapply. I reapply lip balm every 20 minutes when I'm at home and quite often anywhere else as well.

Let me just put this in perspective. I am a huge EOS lip balm fan, and I hate softlips. I bought softlips once about a year ago and I liked them at first. Then I realized, they do nothing for my lips. First off, they unfortunately contain oxybenzone. Secondly, they dry out my lips! I apply a layer of lip balm and thirty seconds later, my lips feel dry and the soft lip balm-y effect isn't there. I rub my lips together and they don't feel softer, just more dry!

This isn't a review of softlips though so I'll get back to Baby Lips. But now you know how I feel. Eos>>>>>>>>softlips. Where do the Maybelline Baby Lips fit in?

The quenched flavor is clear and it smells amazing. It's almost like fruit punch, but not quite. It is that full fruity sent you might imagine from the name quenched.

The lip balm's moisture is medium for me. I go back and forth on this. Some days I find it not so moisturizing, other days I find I like it. It is definitely not heavy duty moisture but it isn't drying. My lips do stay soft but I don't think the lip balm makes them any softer. It keeps my lips nice but doesn't make them better, if that makes sense.

It is a good lip balm, and pretty inexpensive, so I would probably repurchase this. If you want something for crazy chapped lips, this would help, but not as well as an eos lipbalm or a Nivea lip butter (not that I've tried those, but I've heard they have the heavy moisture aspect).

I like that it has SPF to protect your lips. Overall, its nice, but not great.

UPDATE: 2/28
I really like these now. I'm using them more and I love them. My favorite is peach kiss because it tints my lips and moisturizes them. I prefer the tinted ones because even if the moisture level isn't crazy awesome, they still are moisturize and give some tint so they do more. I do recommend :)

I'm changing my rating because I changed my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My all-time favorite lip balm! :) Leaves your lips smooth and helps repair chapped lips. It's my go to everyday lip balm. I always have one in my bag if ever I need to replenish my dry lips. And you can't resist the packaging! Great buy!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by luckyhipo

I have got two, cherry crush and cherry kiss from this range. Love them all. They are light but moisturizing and gives a bit of tint to my lips. Only problem is they don't last too long, I had to reapply every 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gave me the Cherry Me one, which I wasn't particularly found of because it gave my lips a redder tint than I would hope for. Fortunately, the moisturization really worked out and I decided to purchase one that wasn't quite as red. I gave the Cherry Me one to my sister, who likes and is currently still using it very much. I settled on the Peppermint, because I wasn't sure if the other tinted ones were too colorful and I just wanted to test out the product. It worked wonders on me, and after about a month I was down to just a little bit of product, so I went ahead and bought three more: the Peach Kiss, Peppermint, and Quenched. I realized that the tinted ones didn't give quite as much moisturization, and the Peach Kiss one really just didn't show up at all on my lips, and seemed to make my lips more flaky. I gave that one to my sister as well, who really enjoyed it. The clear Baby Lips really are adorable though, and they are magic on my lips. My lips feel very soothed and they actually seem to have plumped up. Some people say it didn't work, but I went ahead and went on with a thick layer on my bottom lip and just smacked my lips together. It also helped a lot to brush my lips a little with my toothbrush (Yes, it really does exfoliate!) and then apply it. The circulation was better and my lips had more of a natural pink tint, so I went on with my Baby Lips for that fresh and moisturized feel. Overall, I love this product. I hope it never discontinues, I will keep on repurchasing. For anyone who chose the tinted ones and they didn't work, try with the clear ones. I bought this at Walmart for $2.97, and it was definitely worth it. I completely recommend, but the cap did come off once. Luckily, nothing happened to the lip balm as I had rolled it all the way down and had used most of it. Very good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate these lipbalms. They all smell terrible, they dont absorb into your lips, and they taste aweful! When you buy the coloured ones, they colour your lips like a lipstick. Not like a stwin or sheer balm. I would not reco, end this product. It is terrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I have both good and bad things to say about baby lips lip balm. my first one was the cherry color, and it honestly was pretty, but not flattering on my skin tone. the cap wouldn't stay on though, and it got ruined. the packing is super cute, but i seem to have a problem with the caps! then i got a limited edition set over the holidays from walmart, it came with a coral color and something else. both colors were gorgeous, the coral was great because i like a really natural color on my lips, and it was something i could just apply at work without looking over done, and not too glossy. i lost it though, hopefully they sell the coral color on its own now. my problem with these balms is they are not moisturizing enough for me to wear alone, and honestly they do seem to chap my lips. i'd rather just have to apply one balm, not two, so it's inconvenient. not sure i'd def repurchase any of them besides the coral color.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LasVegasTia

Very cute packaging but extremely disapointing product. Did not work for me. Not moisturizing at not.will not soothe dry or chapped lips. For the same price go with yes to carrots lip balm. You wont be desapointed

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by vivapocalypse

I love this product! Many people said to not use this with dry or chapped lips. My lips disagree. They were really chappy before using this (exfoliated regularly) and this product make the dry flakes come off easily without making my lips bleed (I know it sounds gross). While the moisturizing effect lasts a very long time, i reapply every so often because I love the smell (Quench).
While it is slightly greasy, I don't really mind. It still manages to stay in place and I don't have sensitive skin, so I haven't broken out. I'm going to keep applying this just until I feel like my lips are fine without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxovo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Baby Lips! Makes my lips feel so soft and moisturized. I hope they never discontinue it.