April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by reneelet

This mascara was just average. I have fairly thick, dark lashes to begin with. I like more of a dramatic look when it comes to my eyelashes. Lash Blast Fusion looked too natural without much oomph. It didn't really make my lashes stand up. I've found that I can build it up a bit by layering without creating clumps, but it's still not as impressive or eye-catching as I'd wanted.

Before using Lash Blast I had Lash Stiletto by Maybelline. I liked Lash Stiletto more, and have generally had better luck with Maybelline mascara as compared to Cover Girl. I will probably return to Lash Stiletto or another Maybelline product when I finish this tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Molls214

Overall, I like this mascara. The tube itself is way too big, I would never carry this around in a make-up bag. The brush is big, with kind of small bristles. But it separates my lashes well, doesn't take away my curl, and lasts all day with no flaking or smudges. I don't get much volume from it, but it's good enough for every day wear. I have it in black.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vstpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this so I could do a Katy Perry inspired look for a contest. She listed it as one of her "favorite" products (isn't she a spokesgirl for Cover Girl??), so I decided to use it. I must say, even though it isn't my favorite, I'm impressed.
I have black, and it cost me about 10$ (you can get it for 7$ at Wal-Mart, I think). The brush is big (big pro) but the bristles are small (con :/). It's not lengthening as it claims to be. If your lashes are short, they will stay short. However, the formula looks blacker on lashes than it looks in the bottle. I think that is one of it's best features.
Anyway, I like to use it on my lower lashes. I also don't use it alone. I'd use it with Diorshow or MAC's Haute and Naughty.
Just to get this out there, I really hate the packaging. I know it's drugstore, but seriously?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a faithful Diorshow waterproof wearer for the past few years - but have been feeling let down by Diorshow the past few months and have been hunting for a good volumizing/lengthening mascara with mixed results.

My last h/e mascara i purchased was MUFE smoky lash - and i thought it was ok - but required far too much work and layers and combing to get a decent look. Also seemed to pull out the curl.

Fast forward to grocery shopping last week when i saw this Lash BLast Fusion and on a whim picked it up and thought i would give it a try.

Bottom line - I AM IMPRESSED!! I have pretty sparse thin lashes that are blond on the tips - so i am looking for a mascara to do it all - lengthen, volume, and not smear or flake all over my face.

This mascara rocks. i can easily apply 2 or 3 quick coats back to back and have NO problems with clumps or droopy lashes. 3 coats give me a great fan of black, long, lush and thick lashes in a snap. I am not super fond of the huge tube and how much space it takes up - but honestly that's just trivial stuff :)

I have tried all the other lash blast mascaras and ended up tossing them or giving them away - but this one is def. a keeper and has found a permanent place in my m/u collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like this mascara for a drugstore mascara. I bought several tubes of this when I was vacationing in the States since we do not carry Covergirl mascaras in BROWN here in Canada. I took a bit of a chance since I hadn't yet tried this particular big purple tube, but I have enjoyed all of CG's spikey wand mascaras (Lash Exact, Volume Exact, Lash Blast Length, etc)...and I think this is the best one of the bunch, as it does hit every desired trait in one affordable little package. I'm pretty impressed with what it does to my lashes for a drugstore mascara. Will definitely be buying more next time I'm in the US. (Please bring your brown formula to Canada, CG! I don't know anyone who uses the blue you provide here in place of brown...)

EDIT: this mascara isn't as great as I thought it was. It's not lasting me through the winter very well. It wears away with minor eye watering and it flakes everywhere. I will keep buying it/using it as a cheap alternative, but Diorshow Iconic is still the best mascara I've used.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to drugstore mascara. Though it voluminizes and lengthens, it doesn't do the best job I've ever seen, but the product is good quality and definitely helps my lashes. It doesn't give me spider lashes and isn't too black for the office everyday. For what this product is worth, it does the trick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used the original Lash Blast and liked it fine but found it dried up really quickly in the tube. I hate this version. The brush is too soft and the bristles are too short to grab my lashes. I remember the brush from the original being a bit over sized but it worked excellent and grabbed every lash. This one is terrible. This product was a waste of money and time. It gave no fullness or length what so ever even after multiple coats. I think I'll be avoiding this entire mascara line if the brushes have been changed to that crap. It's like putting on mascara with a q-tip.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by eyecandyispretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great mascara for the price, though the brush is huge, but the bristles are short >>

Does a half half job at lengthening and volume, but nothing too amazing.

Doesn't clump, the formula is a nice consistency.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by attackofdameepits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this stuff is good, I will be switching back to my reg Lashblast. It did nothing really for any volume. Length is pretty good but not great. I didn't get the full look of my reg Lashblast that I was expecting to out of this. If only my normal stuff didn't expire. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by camillamae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I found this mascara worked pretty well considering it's a Cover Girl product. Not clumpy and doesn't flake off. It adds quite a bit of volume and a bit of length. Not as much as my favorite Clinique High Impact mascara, but not bad concidering it's half the price. Good for every day wear, but I'd still prefer a more dramatic look for special occasions which this mascara doesn't deliver.