September 2, 2014 | 946 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bschoolbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my mia! The first two weeks I used the clarisonic, I experienced purging and was freaking out. But after those spots cleared up my skin looks great! I've even received compliments on my "glowing" skin. I don't break out as often and my skin looks more even. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find a Clarisonic anywhere in New Zealand but I managed to pick one up on my last trip to Australia and I'm so glad I did! Firstly let me say that although I do understand why people think it's an expensive item, if you think of it in terms of what it really is, it actually seems more reasonable - it's not, for instance a consumable like a face cream and when I consider that I probably spend an average of (say) $50 a time on each face cream and each of those probably only lasts 3 months, it really doesn't seem so bad. I guess it's a bit more like buying a hairdryer rather than getting a blow dry, or investing in the home facial machine rather than going out and paying for a one-off facial.

Anyway, justifications aside, I've been using the Mia for just over two weeks and really like it. I started off using it morning and night (I got over-excited!) but after the first week switched to just using it at night. I noticed an immediate improvement in my skin, both in tone and in the way it feels, it's never been so soft and it's never looked so clear. Just before Christmas my skin had become crazily congested and was a hormonal mess, I went back to basics with skin care, using an organic range (Trilogy) and although I had managed to get the situation somewhat under control I was left with a significant number of blocked pores, small scars and uneven looking areas of skin - all of which have now totally cleared after two weeks of Clarisonic usage.

I don't use my Mia for make up removal (I quickly take my make up off with cleansing cream first and then use the Mia for face washing only) but I'm fussy about brush head cleaning which means that my routine probably takes a few minutes longer but really it's not a big deal and it's worth the extra effort. It's pretty early days and I'll update my review if anything changes but at this stage I'm a happy Mia user!

***Update*** So..I've been using my Mia for just about a month now and thought I'd do a quick update. I'm still really happy that I made the purchase and in fact such is the improvement in my skin that I now only use need to use it 3 times a week. I think it's clear that it's NOT a miracle product, but what it is, is a first class exfoliatior, something that I think it's very hard to do perfectly by hand. My skin is definitely brighter, softer and 'glows' in a way that it has never done before, due to consistent, uniform exfoliation - I still love it :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at Christmas and I really love it. It gets rid f all your makeup and makes my face feel baby soft. It has also really improved the look of my skin it's definitely brighter and i think it's trying to get smoother. It hasn't done a whole lot for my acne scars or blackheads yet. I still have bumps under my skin and some mild indention's. As for actual acne it really made it bad and I'm just starting to come out of it (I think). The reason this didn't turn me away is I knew this would happen anything that exfoliates your skin or bring out the impurities in your skin is going to do that, what other way is there to get rid of them? i am noticing some blackheads after I wash becoming visible , like they're being drawn out. I also haven't seen any unsightly dry patches since using this with a moisturizer. As for pore size it's hard for me to tell since that's not a big problem for me, however my mom (49) has seen a huge improvement. This is a product you have to stick with to see results, it's not a quick fix. However I believe the longer I use it the better my results will be.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Fleet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I gave into the hype and confirmed my worst suspicions. The Mia is a glorified manual face brush. There are no magic pore-purifying waves coming from the vibration. Like a vibrating shaving razor, this product has an added electric function that does not improve the results. If you prefer scrubbing your face with a brush, there are plenty that go for a fraction of the cost of this machine. The Mia does as good a job exfoliating my face as my cotton washcloth, which I prefer. I never saw a brighter complexion, smaller pores, a healthy glow, softer skin, or any of the benefits it was claimed to bestow. Furthermore, the Mia, perhaps due to the scratchiness of the bristles or because it can't be sanitized like a washcloth can, actually spread acne to places like my neck and shoulders, where I had no blemishes before. An expensive beauty tool that made my skin worse. Now I remember why I stopped buying any but the basic hygiene products last year and found my skin looking better than it's been since I was a teenager. I should note that I always used the Mia with my normal face wash with salicylic acid, washed the bristles afterwards as best I could with hot water, and never used it to remove makeup. The rest of my routine remained the same. I used it for two weeks and watched more blemishes pop up every day. I used it only once a day as I heard it can over-exfoliate easily. Perhaps that's where the problem lies. Maybe it scratches the skin, depositing bacteria from other places on the skin in the abrasions. My cotton washcloth exfoliates just as well, I can wrap it around my finger to get into the corners of my nose, eyes, and behind my ears (unlike with the brush), and can't damage my skin, plus it can be completely cleaned in the washing machine. Now I have the dilemma of what to do with this. I can't throw away something so expensive, but I can't return it and don't want to subject a friend or family member to the problems I had. I even paid extra to get my favorite color, Garnet. I like the magnetic power cord, and thought that was pretty ingenious, but it's irrelevant if the brush itself doesn't improve the skin. Don't waste your money on this. It doesn't deliver anything special and could mess up your skin like it did mine. I have to wonder what the people who claim it exfoliates better than anything have used before this.

17 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by beckelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive waited a few weeks to write this review because i wanted to give a more definitive answer. to start, i do like this product. is it the life-changing skin fix for everything? not really. is it a really good cleaning device that leaves you feeling fresh and clean. absolutely. it has easily become a staple in my daily routine.
I wear makeup most days and am a bit obsessive about getting it all off. even at my drunkest, i never go to bed without washing my face. i would also use a pretty harsh scrub on a daily basis in order to get a really clean feeling. since using the clarisonic i've actually been able to go easier on my face which is helping it stay more hydrated.
i got mine with a gift certificate to nordstrom so for me the price wasn't as big of an issue so it's hard to determine if it's worth the hefty price tag.
i love it's sleek look and the magnetic charger is really cool, however, as a result of that, charging it takes almost a full day and only lasts for about 20 one-min uses. i would recommend getting it from sephora or nordstrom or somewhere with a good return policy in case it doesn't live up to your needs. i like mine a lot and am keeping it, but it is an expensive facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a month of use of my Mia, (normal head, lavender) I can write a review. And here it is: LOVE IT. Here's the 411: (1) It's a wonderful washing experience. Gentle and pleasant. (2) The result of washing is fantastic - clean and smooth and soft. Not stripped feeling. (3) Moisturizer goes right in. (4) Improved skin texture and tone. I use much less foundation. (5) My monthly hormonal blemishes were not absent, but less severe this month. That is within the 'purge' period that others have commented on too. At 51, I have much better skin than a lot have. But I have to work at it. I am really glad I got this wonderful gift. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Passiion07

This product is great. I seen how amazing it is after I used it once. Of course its not an over night product that cleared my face or improved my complexion. But this morning I felt my skin so smooth and very clean, Last night when i first used it, I felt how my face wash and toner worked into my skin. Its a very good investment when coming to the face, the MIA will provide a great difference in the apperance of the face and cleaning blemishes. I so far love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how the reviews for this are so positive -- it really is that great. I originally got the Clarisonic Pro about 3 years ago during the worst skin period of my life. At that time it didn't work for me at all -- it was probably spreading bacteria around my skin further and my breakouts became worse. The only thing that helped control those breakouts turned out to be BCP. Now I no longer have acne but I suffer from large, clogged pores and uneven skin texture. Great, right? Well, this thing helps. I used to think that this couldn't be better than a muslin cloth or a non-mechanical face brush, but then I saw a review on the top page here and it got me thinking about the Clarisonic again. I got it on a whim at a Sephora while I was out looking for products that might help my pore size. What could help better than keeping them clearer? Well, I absolutely can't live without this product anymore. Now that I don't have acne it's the best thing in my routine. I love it with any cleanser. I don't think it helps my pore size too much since they're huge, but it helps my skin texture on other areas of my face be baby-butt smooth. I managed to drop mine and it stopped charging correctly, and I didn't have any time to call customer support to have it replaced under my 1 year warranty -- luckily the new one's on the way now but I haven't had a working Clarisonic for about 3 weeks. Let me tell you, you can absolutely tell. I cannot wait until the new one gets here..! It's expensive but it's really an investment. I would recommend to anyone without active acne.
Edit: I just wanted to add that the Clarisonic customer service people were fantastic! They give me a tip I wanted to share -- they told me to bring my Clarisonic back into my room when I was finished using it (I had been keeping it in the shower on the windowsill). I guess moisture does get into the device if it's in a moist room all day and can cause it to malfunction like mine did. Also, apparently you can charge it every day and it won't hurt the battery!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Actually I just learned about the Clarisonic Mia, late last summer. Reading the reviews, I wasn't sure and then the price, I thought oh this will be a cute gadget that I use a few times and then it will end up in a drawer...similar to my Paninni maker :-) But one day I am in Sephora and a really savy SA starts talking to me about the product and before I know it I am walking out with the purchase. That was in October, so I chalked it up to an early B day gift. Well, I love it!!! Absolutely love it!! and it is not sitting in a drawer after about 3 months, After about 1 month, I went to a christmas get together and a friend commented, " you look great, positively glowing". I only had on eye make up and the remnants of some lipstick I had tired on earlier at the Chanel counter. I am using the Mia twice a day with my Cerave Foaming Cleanser. I am not sure if it stays ons for 30 seconds or a minute, but I hit the button twice. I was having issues with visible pores on my nose and around my cheek area, no more. They are diminished considerably!! In the morning, after using the Mia I put on my EL Idealist Pore Minimizer and then Murad moisturizer with spt 30. Skin feels lovely!Looks wonderful. At night after using the Ma, I put on my Roc Multi Correxion Night cream, EL Advance Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex and Cerave PM moisturizer. I also use the ANRSC Eye cream. in the morning, I love the way my skin looks and feels. Another staple and fun gadget, glad I decided to get it, but I passed up an opportunity to get it at 20% off due to poor planning :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as an xmas present from my parents - and i have been using it every day since. (I use this in the morning, with mario badescu acne cleanser/botanical facial gel.) My skin has improved dramatically - no more constant breakouts! My pores have shrunk, and blackheads on my nose/forehead/chin have decreased. Acne scarring has also improved. My skin feels incredible after every use - so soft, smooth & 'squeaky clean.'
I did a test ~ one night I cleansed my skin like normal, and used a toner afterwards.. there was so much left over makeup. The next night I cleansed w/ the mia, and after using a toner, there was nothing on the pad. I was amazed. I am in love with this, and will continue to use it (and invest in the 'delicate' and 'deep pore' brushes.)