November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about the Clarisonic. Working at a higher-end cosmetic chain, we were always trained about the amazing ability of the Clarisonic to cleanse more deeply and allow other skincare items to penetrate deeper and work more effectively (it does NOT exfoliate). I'm not really sure these claims are true. I have used my Clarisonic pretty religiously since I bought it over 2 years ago and I can't say my skin is really that much different. The fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes are exactly the same. I love that one in comparison to the others. I'm in LIKE with my Clarisonic, not love. It may just be psychosomatic in my mind thinking that it is making a big difference. That being said, I still continue to use it and do not regret purchasing it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I dont know what I did before I had this...
oh wait, if you look at my other reviews, I had pimples! Painful cystic breakouts on my chin.
Not anymore. seriously. I use the mia with purpose cleanser every night and spot on zit cream (bp) around nose & on chin. then moisturize with cerave pm. This has been my routine for a few months and I haven't been happier. At first you will have a few breakouts as your skin purges, but keep with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by swats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the product, initially after use I had a dry skin but then I used it with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and it works wonders.
I use it nightly in my makeup removal regime and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had some break outs around my hairline when I first began using the Mia but after 5 weeks I guess I'm finished "purging" and my skin is wonderful. My face is so soft, and while in the beginning it seemed to dry my face out a little I found using this only once a day instead of twice fix that. My pores do seem to be clearer/smaller and makeup seems to go on better. I was a little conceded that the Clarisonic was just a bunch of hype but I'm glad I got over it and gave it a try, it's great. My husband has seen such a difference in my skin he's decided he wants one for himself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by teago

Ive only had this for a few days, using it nightly, and I really like it and can see a difference already.
Im a frequent user of high percentage glycolic so my skin is already pretty 'tough' but is easily sensitized if the balance is slightly off. I thought Clarisonic might upset this balance but it has not. Everything else in my skincare is natural and organic so Im hoping the Mia will replace my need to use glycolics. After using it my skin looks brighter and more plump due to the Mia boosting circulation.

It has ever so slightly dried out my skin but Im sure it will rebalance itself soon. The drying has not effected my makeup application or made me feel tight at all so Im not worried.

If you have Dry and Sensitized skin I would not recommend this. Only maybe for a weekly or fortnightly treatment, not once or twice a day like normal - oily skinned people may be able to use.
I know that everyone probably wishes it was for all skin types but its really not.

In Australia this retails for $150AUD. I thought it was going to be at least $50-100 more, especially considering that a cleanser and moisturiser can cost a similar amount here in Aus! Considering what it is I believe the price to be very reasonable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG. Worth the hype. Great skin begins with clean skin, and this does it. I feel my skincare products work better because they are not sitting on top of a layer of dead skin cells. Had this since September, and it has improved the overall appearance of my skin. I use Philosophy purity or Cetaphil cleanser with my Mia after I wipe the day away with my Ponds or Olay cleansing wipes. It's worth the splurge. For those of you that get dried out, make sure you are using a good moisterizer after cleansing with your Mia, it will make a HUGE difference :) LOVE IT!!!! My only regret is that maybe I should have really splurged on the full size Clairsonic.... I am a self tanner addict and can only imagine how amazingly the full size clairsonic exfoliates :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nominal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be careful purchasing this product. Before using the MIa my skin was dry and I had the ocassional pimple. I was hoping the Mia would revitalise my skin and allow it to glow. No such luck. The Mia completely dried out my skin and I broke out into a rash after using it 5 times. My skin feels irritated, itchy, and bumpy and hard like I have a layer of dry scar tissue on my face. I have all of these tiny little bumps on my skin that I never had before. Long story short, the Mia damaged my skin and it feels tender and flaky. I have tried to moisturize but it still feels scaly and dry. I am going to return this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bebelove01

Love it I use it every other day and it really makes a difference. It's not cheap but definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Clarisonic Mia after much deliberation at the end of September, and to be really honest I'm a little disappointed with it. I read such glowing reviews that I thought this would improve my skin a lot. I mainly bought it so that I wouldn't have to use cleansing oil to remove my makeup and also to improve the texture of my skin. It has done that to a certain extent but it hasn't done anything like drastically reduce the appearance of clogged pores/blackheads, nor does it make the skin that much nicer. If you can afford it, it is a good tool to have since it does do a better job of cleansing than just using your fingers, but I wouldn't say it's a huge necessity.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by slinky501

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi, I bought this after reading reviews on here, sounded great. I've suffered from acne in the past and my skin type is acne prone and also prone to deydration and showing first signs of ageing (I'm prone to suspect this is in part due to use of BP, which was effective at clearing my skin of acne, but has lead to slackened, dehydrated skin). Ok so was excited to try this out but tbh didn't notice any amazing results at all. My face didn't feel cleaner than with my micro-fibre cloth- 1 from bodycare, I HIGHLY recommend), in fact I found that I had to wash it anyway with the cloth afterwards. My skin also broke out in spots after the first use and for me this is just not workable. I scar and it took some time and care to get my skin under control, so I have no intention of sticking with something that irritates my skin so markedly. I've found other products that clear acne and blocked pores without any so called 'purging' period (a theory that I am skeptical about anyway). I really don't believe a period of breakout to be necessary with any skin product, in my opinion, it simply irritated the skin and caused acne inflammation. If it works for you great, but I would not recommend from my own experience.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No