July 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Actually I just learned about the Clarisonic Mia, late last summer. Reading the reviews, I wasn't sure and then the price, I thought oh this will be a cute gadget that I use a few times and then it will end up in a drawer...similar to my Paninni maker :-) But one day I am in Sephora and a really savy SA starts talking to me about the product and before I know it I am walking out with the purchase. That was in October, so I chalked it up to an early B day gift. Well, I love it!!! Absolutely love it!! and it is not sitting in a drawer after about 3 months, After about 1 month, I went to a christmas get together and a friend commented, " you look great, positively glowing". I only had on eye make up and the remnants of some lipstick I had tired on earlier at the Chanel counter. I am using the Mia twice a day with my Cerave Foaming Cleanser. I am not sure if it stays ons for 30 seconds or a minute, but I hit the button twice. I was having issues with visible pores on my nose and around my cheek area, no more. They are diminished considerably!! In the morning, after using the Mia I put on my EL Idealist Pore Minimizer and then Murad moisturizer with spt 30. Skin feels lovely!Looks wonderful. At night after using the Ma, I put on my Roc Multi Correxion Night cream, EL Advance Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex and Cerave PM moisturizer. I also use the ANRSC Eye cream. in the morning, I love the way my skin looks and feels. Another staple and fun gadget, glad I decided to get it, but I passed up an opportunity to get it at 20% off due to poor planning :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as an xmas present from my parents - and i have been using it every day since. (I use this in the morning, with mario badescu acne cleanser/botanical facial gel.) My skin has improved dramatically - no more constant breakouts! My pores have shrunk, and blackheads on my nose/forehead/chin have decreased. Acne scarring has also improved. My skin feels incredible after every use - so soft, smooth & 'squeaky clean.'
I did a test ~ one night I cleansed my skin like normal, and used a toner afterwards.. there was so much left over makeup. The next night I cleansed w/ the mia, and after using a toner, there was nothing on the pad. I was amazed. I am in love with this, and will continue to use it (and invest in the 'delicate' and 'deep pore' brushes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With any beauty product that we have high hopes for we tend to want to be a magic wand of sorts. That ONE thing that just fixes all your beauty problems. This is probably the cause of that! And i can see why:) I've suffered with oil and acne, for it seems my whole life. And after years of narrowing down the exactly precise regimen i had finally fixed my skin to a point that was 'Clearish'. As soon as i got this i could tell it was definitely doing something, just not sure quite WHAT. I seemed to get better on the acne front, but i got red and extremely dry. I wondered if it was just to strong. I ran out of my 40 dollar cleanser so i had to go back to my 8 dollar one from cvs, and as it turns out that fixed everything! My old cleanser was just too darn strong! now im clear, normalized and my skin is in the best shape its ever been! So happy i have this:) I would recomend to everyone!

*UPDATE*
Okay its been about 3 more months of usage and a switch of cleansers and i know firmly believe that every girl should own one of these. They are like a magic wand. My skin is now GOOD which i honestly thought wouldn't be possible. Think of this as a cant do without tool like a blow-dryer or flat iron. GET IT NOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A co-worker of mine had the best skin that just glowed. She said she used clarisonic and told me how much it was. At that time, I couldn't justify spending that much money on a device to clean my face so I bought the $30 version at the drug store. After using that for about 6 months, I finally decided to get the clarisonic mia. I bought the Mia because I didn't need the other speed settings the more expensive models offer. I have been using my clarisonic for 2 weeks and I already notice my sun spots and acne hyperpigmentation fading. My breakouts are almost non-existent and my complexion is more even. Either the clarisonic itself is preventing me from breaking out or it helps my acne medicine pentrate better. Either way, my skin is SOOOO much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the mia for about 4 months now...I almost returned it after month one though. This is not a miracle tool. It will not give you perfect skin unless you are genetically blessed to start with =) But...the reason I'm giving the mia a 4 is that it does do a lot of good things. If you wear foundation on a daily basis, as I do, this will make sure you remove it completely. I feel like it prevents a lot of the cosmetic acne that I had before because it really deep cleans your pores. It wont prevent all acne, but I feel like it speeds up the healing process when you do get breakouts. FYI If you have super sensitive skin, try the delicate rather than the sensitive brush that it comes with.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

This is over-priced in terms of what it does.

It is essentially, a high-tech 'cleaner' except it does require a cleanser to be used alongside it for maximum results.

If like me, you wear a fair bit of make-up that's quite pesky to remove with manual cleansing then this gadget is pretty handy. However, if you take into account the initial cost plus the cost of replacing brush-heads etc is it worth it? I don't really think so.

It did take off all my make-up and leave me with a 'really' clean feeling. It also lead me to break out, I even got cystic spots which I never get. It helps somewhat with flaking skin but it's no miracle worker. Can't really comment on fine lines, evening skin tone etc as I've not seen any difference. I have been using it for about a month, if I see any changes I'll definately update.

I just don't think it's fair to associate the product with evening skin-tone, helping fine lines, reducing pores etc when really, it is just a cleansing tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

UPDATE: 11/03/2012
Okay so the cystic breakouts gradually stopped. The mia doesn't really make me break out much anymore think it might just have been my skin getting used to it. My skin has become a little better in terms of texture/fewer spots [but I do still get em frequently!] I think most of the credit goes to the cleanser I'm using which I'll admit seems to be a bit more effective with the mia than without it.
I still think it's over-priced but I've used it now and can't return it anyway so for the price I paid I'll keep on using it.

Still hasn't made any changes in terms of skin tone, fine lines, dry patches etc so stick by my original review that it is basically a cleaning tool/way of making products a little more effective but not drastically so.

Also I've found it's better if I only use it a few times a week. Gives skin a chance to rest in-between uses and doesn't irritate it too much. I wouldn't personally advise to use it every single night and definately wouldn't use it twice a day that'd be much too harsh on your skin/would probably lead to more breakouts.

If you're still keen to try it and live with a fellow skincare junkie, I really reccommend you both chip in to buy one plus an extra brush head so you won't feel quite as guilty if it doesn't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by teacherjess

I tried to wait a month but my excitement and disbelief got the best of me. Stop thinking about buying this; just do it- NOW. Save up, start a paper route, or cut back on your Starbucks and movie rentals- buy this because it is worth every penny. A week ago my face was flaky, super oily, clogged, and angry hormonal acne on my chin. Not to mention little oil bumps and engorged pores. After just one use, my skin started peeling in large flakes & felt real dry. While this was annoying, I realized the Mia was breaking up the top layer of dead gunk that caused my face to look like hell. After the 3rd or 4th use, the flaking stopped and revealed smoother, brighter skin that felt soft to the touch. Pores shrunk a bit too. No touch of makeup, oil, or dead skin when I swiped with toner. Going into a week, I still have that soft smooth feel and my skin glows. My makeup looks better. Products perform better. Acne scars fading, and blemishes I have go away faster. This is all in less than a week. WOW. I use Mia 2x a day for about a min & a half to 2 mins. I can't believe I waited to get this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I questioned the hype, laughed at the price and thought "who in there right mind needs a $120 hand held device to wash their face"...and then I got one...on a whim while buying some Lancome makeup (yeah the SA roped me in...but how could I resist when it comes in pink?). I have to tell you that I fully expected to try it, find it absurd and return it (although secretly hoping that it would be awesome). So I charge it up and then it was time to try it: It was fun and easy to use, removed every trace of makeup (which I didn't think it could - fyi I have the sensitive brush head). But then I noticed my face looking....dare I say it? Glowing! Rosy complexion...clean looking skin. Like a clean I never felt. Needless to say I love it and actually look forward to washing my face at the end of the day. No more rubbing and rubbing with a washcloth. I just do my little circles without even pressing down and voila! **UPDATE** I returned this after a few weeks when a blister like area appeared on my nose!! plus the skincare board talked about it spreading bacteria. After a while it was sort of a pain to use, once the initial fun wore off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

After months of reading reviews (good and bad) I decided to purchase the mia 2 from spaboutique.com. O-M-G I love this thing! I told myself I was only going to use it at night but I'm just so excited to wash my face that I use it morning and night (i've had it for almost 2 weeks now). I use the sensitive brush daily and deep pore once a week. I do see purging happening, mostly forehead and chin which is where I expected it the most. My skin does look and feel smoother, make up goes on nicer, and skin is just glowing. I clean my brush after every use with a mild PH balanced cleanser and warm water. It removes all my make up, weird the last review said that there's residue. Not sure how I lived without this and I'm so glad that it lived up to the hype!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Women, I'm going to be honest: this economy is killing me. Life is tough, I'm looking for work, and my skin is showing the signs of all stress I've been under. The Clarisonic is expensive, so I was lucky enough to receive mine as a gift. I'm not going to sit here and act like $135 is not a lot of money...it is. But in the case of the Clarisonic it is a wise investment, particularly if you cannot afford facials and/or massively expensive skincare products. I've used my Mia for 3 weeks & it is everything they say it is.

The brush head vibrates, thoroughly cleaning my skin and stimulating the circulation. My skin is so smooth and rosy. I use Cetaphil cleanser. I've stopped using a weekly exfoliant because I don't need one anymore. And what other reviewers have said is true: moisturizers & serums are absorbed into my skin so quickly, plus I've found that I use less than I had used pre-Clarisonic.

I'd like to add that for the past year I've been using the $30 Olay rotating head skin brush, and to be honest, $30 is bloody robbery for that product. It's works well enough, though the rotating brush is a bit scratchy on my skin. But seriously- the battery operated brush is really only worth $10 max. The Clarisonic is in another league.

Results (over 3 week period):
-smoother skin
-seems to regulate oil production
-overall rosiness, beautiful complexion (if I may say so myself!)
-pores on nose & area around nose seem diminished in size

I don't have a problem with fine lines, so cannot comment on that aspect of change. All I can say is that I LOVE my Mia and can't believe that what I did before was considered truly "cleansing" my face. If you want to invest in an excellent product that is well made, easy to use (and travel with) & results in healthy, younger-looking skin, consider the Clarisonic Mia.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No