October 31, 2014 | 1577 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was not the best foundation I have ever tried. It didn't apply as easily as I am used to with my others. It also felt and looked quite heavy on my skin, I am very fussy, and I want my foundation to look like skin. This one did not look like skin enough for me.
The little doesn't have a pump, you have to tip it onto your hand. Awkward and wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lucypotamus

I have oily skin and I am NC15, and I am in the shade 'Mont Blanc". I think this is a really great foundation for people with dry/normal skin, as after only 2 hours of wear my face was an oily mess! It also made me break out along my jawline, which I was really surprised at as I've heard such great things! Overall, a good product, but just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't like this foundation. I looked very made up, it emphasized dry patches, it faded quickly. I've used fingers, Beauty Blender and a Sigma F80 to apply it, but I was never really satisfied. You really have to use trial and error in methods of application with this one (Beauty Blender is the most pleasant). However, unless you have flawless and impossibly smooth skin, it will emphasize every flaw on your face. The oil control is surprisingly low for a product that is pretty matte.
It is easy to over-apply this and look cakey, in fact I wouldn't recommend it to you unless you have really nice skin... but if you had nice skin, why would you need a product with such high coverage?
Make sure to exfoliate your face too, because it emphasized places on my face that I didn't even know had a dry texture.
Annoying how it doesn't come with a pump, but I just shake the bottle well and dip my Beauty Blender on the air bubble that has formed at the neck of the bottle.
The worst foundation I've tried. Drugstore has better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by liloush

I tried a lot of foundation, and he is the one i dreamed of.
Quite expensive, but it worth it. The skin is sublimated, luminous, looks healthy.
The bad point is that it doesn't come with a pump, and i can't buy it in store in France, the only way is to order on nars website, and 8euro (11$) shipping delivery for a pump... it's a shame!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation!! It Really did make me glow and it didn't oxidize on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A purchase I regret because of the price, £30. This is just way too greasy looking and looks horrible after wearing this all day. I would say wear it as a going out foundation but I dont think it photographs very well.

It does have good coverage, but its too heavy and looks like you are wearing too much make up. I do like the colour, it makes you look like you have a nice tan. I would be a MAC NC35 and I think I had santa fe or syracuse.

It broke me out as I knew it would as it is way too thick. I think if you had dry skin that needs coverage and isnt prone to breaking out, this would be good. But I am not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

skin: im very pale (nw10),acne prone very sensitive skin,combination-dry, sweaty person

im using Siberia, and i love it.. the color just matches my skin tone very well.. it has a sheer-medium build able and dewy finish which i like.. the texture just runny, non sticky at all.. i've use 3 types of wearing this foundation (finger used, sponge, brush) and the best result i get is apply this foundation with sponge and finger

pros:
- matches my skin tone well
- easy to blend
- the finish just like my second skin, its give natural glow..love it!
- lightweight
- didn't cakey and blotchy when i'm starting sweating on nose and other area
- the staying power its awsome, sometime i've been using up to 9 hours and its just stay in place (at least for me)
- the packing was expensive looking..

cons:
- sometimes its just make dry pacthes
- you need buy the pump!
- it'll transfer a bit
- melt on oily skin

so i just use this foundation when my skin was in good condition

EDITED
i think it's all about skin.. my skin before it tend to be dry and flaking.. but when i doing some treatment by changing my daily moisturize, it become okay and i can use it everytime i want now.. it's no longer moody and i give one other lippies for this.. i'm madly in love with NARS Sheer Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I love everything about this foundation except for one thing... the bottle. Now, usually, a bottle without a pump isn't a dealbreaker for me, but this particular bottle design will prevent me from ever purchasing Sheer Glow again. Why? I have had two bottles of this and both of them have SNAPPED. As I screw them shut (gently) the little glass screw that the lid attaches to shatters and pops clean off, taking the top of the bottle with it. The first time it happened I let it slide thinking it was a fluke, but it happened again after I purchased a second bottle. I now have over $100AU worth of foundation sitting on my dresser, UNUSABLE, because there is little glass flecks throughout it.

Now, crappy bottle aside, this is possibly the most amazing foundation I have ever used. It is creamy and applies beautifully. After applying this with a 187 brush my skin looks velvety and absolutely gorgeous! It is not too matte but not too dewy- right at that perfect middle ground. After setting with MAC MSFN it lasts me all day and does not break me out like so many foundations do. I have combination skin with a nose that is disgustingly oily but flaky at the same time and this controls the oil without emphasizing the dry spots. Colour match is great too- Mont Blanc is a perfect match for my NW10/15 skin.

I simply can't afford to purchase this again, but would still recommend the formulation along with this advice- If you do decide to purchase this, decant it into a decent bottle or buy a pump attachment so that the screw end doesn't snap off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by completelyloony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin: very pale (nc10 mac) combination (dry facky patches, oilyness and normal) acne prone and sensitive.

I bought this product after hearing about it from youtube and beauty blogs. The reviews were great so I had to try it. It was very expensive about £30 i personal think that its over priced because it doesn't come with a pump and the cap gets dirty easily, the bottle is thick glass and probably won't break if you travel will it.

The colour was great i got Siberia it's described as very fair with neutral undertones. Siberia was a perfect colour for my skin i would describe the undertones as yellow not neutral and very fair probably the palest i've seen thats easy to get hold of.

The foundation is meant to be for dry skin, it has a glow it dry but not completely. It has medium build able coverage and not sheer as the name congests. I find that the foundation does have a glow but when it sets it still makes me look dry. It highlights every bump and flakey patch that is on my skin so my face looks flakey and cakey. I find that it doesn't aggravate spots and doesn't break me out.

This lasted about six to 8 hours on me. I wasn't doing much only shopping and cleaning.

Other problems with the foundation is that it transfers to everything that my face came in to contact with my shirt, phone hands and other people. Its also smudges and smears on to my glasses even the lenses.

I won't by this product again because it looks highlights every flakey patch, it's to expensive, it doesn't last long enough on me as well as the smudging and smearing.

For me the only positive thing about this foundation is the colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Aensing

I absolutely adore this foundation. This is the best foundation for my skin (normal to combination). I pair this with my hourglass primer and it is flawless. The hourglass primer really prevents oil and my nars glides on so easily. I don't know why people say this is a sheer foundation because it is not. It does give you a sheer glow, but it is a light to medium coverage. This foundation is so moisturizing and feels great on the skin. It feels like a second layer of my skin and does not feel like I have anything on at all. It is great for pictures. It even claims to even skin tone and improve the quality of your skin. I have had no break outs with this foundation like I have with other liquids. It blends like a dream and is so easy to put on. The packaging sucks but I purchased the pump which makes it a little easier. I love how buildable the foundation is so I can wear it light or more for special occasions. This foundation has been great for cold and warm weather and I have not have any problems with it fading off like my MUFE foundation did. Would recommend this for all skin types as long as you use a good primer to control oil because the foundation does give a light glow as the day goes on.