November 20, 2014 | 2192 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Dance41886

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, the finish is beautiful, the wear is excellent but it broke me out! I got a sample of this from the beauty store along with Lancome Teint Miracle and tried it out right away. It gives you that beautiful satiny, healthy skin look that I love, it wears beautifully and the color range is great. However, within a day I was breaking out! I was hoping it wasn't this foundation, and after I took a break I tried it out one more time just on my chin and the next day I had a breakout! I guess it's just proof that not everything works on everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this as I wanted to buy into the hype that is NARS. However, for me this foundation was not that special. This foundation acts like Revlon Colorstay(normal/dry skin) on me. I can get the same kind of coverage and performance for around $9 a bottle versus $42. I was hoping for a WOW foundation and this is not it for me. It settled into pores and was dull on my skin. I'll keep looking for my HG....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on the fence about Sheer Glow. I wanted to have it because of all the RAVE reviews about it here and...everywhere. I do like it...sometimes. What I mean is, sometimes I put this on, and my skin looks amazing...it goes on sheer, looks natural, but makes my skin look healthy and luminous. Other times I apply this, and it enhances my dry patches and makes my skin look dull. Yes, DULL. I don't get it. So I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Would I buy it again? I don't know. At $60 CA., I can't see me picking this up again...the results are just too inconsistent.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by stephbnguyen

This is a rubbish foundation. After all the hype surrounding the product I thought I would try it. It is definitely not 'light' like everyone says it is. I find to be really thick and gluggy. It looks so heavy on, and emphasises dry areas and make its look super flakey (which I've never had a problem with previous foundations and I exfoliate every second day). Once I had applied this all over my face I wiped it off immediately, I would definitely rather go bare faced than wear this around.

Sticking to Chanel Vitalumerie and Giorgio Armani LSF instead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

UPDATE:
This is a foundation review I decided to update. Ever since I changed my skin care routine my skin has changed from being an oily wasteland to combo/normal skin. Thus, I decided to revisit foundations that I liked but didn't last on my back then greasy skin.

NARS sheer glow is one I thought I would really like after revisiting but I was surprised to say that this stuff is WAY too mattifying for me. Its a really weird type of matte though, a shiny matte.

It has this amazing capability to latch onto all your dry patches/spots. I still agree that this is one of the best undertone matches I have ever found, NARS is AMAZING for girls with golden/yellow undertones. But damn this made me look dry and dead (something I never thought I would say before).

It lasted all day on me, and didnt really get too shiny except on my chin and nose, but a long as I patted it down with some powder all would be fine. Finally, I just couldnt handle how dry and old this made me look.

Would not reccommend. Also no pump, not cool.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am currently on the hunt for a new foundation. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for the past year, but I've never really been completely happy with it (but I'll save that for another review). I decided this time to try something more high end. My skin is pretty much all over the place. Sometimes it's extremely dry to the point where I get flaky patches, sometimes it's pretty oily (although, I know someone with what I would describe as "very oily skin" where every part of their face feels like it's been rubbed with bacon grease, and my skin, at NO point has EVER been close to that oily). Most of the time it's somewhere in between, with dryish skin on my cheeks and some oil in my T-zone. I also LOATHE matte foundations (one of the reasons I was never truly happy with Colorstay). I feel like they just don't look right on my skin; like my face is chalky and flat, with no dimension. Anyway, I decided to go to Sephora to get some samples of medium coverage, lightweight, satin finish foundations-- sheer glow being one of them.

Pros:Nars claims that this foundation is meant to be applied with the fingers, which I whole heartedly agree. Other methods just don't achieve the same finish. Speaking of which, the finish. OMG the finish. By far, THE best finish I've ever seen. It's satin, but it doesn't have that "wet" look that a lot of satin and dewy foundations have. The finish almost reminds me of an eggshell. It's also sooo easy to apply, blends like a dream, and a very little bit goes a long way. A few fingertip-sized dots will do your whole face. Once it's on it feels so lightweight on my face. And it almost creates a soft-focus effect, blurring my dry patches, fine lines, etc, Staying power is decent for a non-long-wearing foundation, I can easily get a full workday out of this. BUT, I've discovered paired with UD All Nighter setting spray this easily lasts 12 hours. Primers do not seem to achieve the same effect, in fact primers really don't work well with this at all.

Cons: All the shades run yellow. Even the ones that are marketed by Nars as having pink undertones have more neutral undertones. I have neutral undertones and was matched to Mont Blanc. I tried Deauville which is the light shade that's SUPPOSED to be neutral, and it was waaay too yellow. It also oxidizes pretty bad on me, making it MORE yellow as the day goes on. By the end of the day my face is noticeably darker, and when I remove it with a makeup wipe, it looks like sunless tanner coming off my face. But that's pretty much my only gripe with this, and I may just try out a shade lighter to see if that would oxidize to the correct color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

this is the 4th full sized department store foundation I KEPT. I buy so MANY high end foundations from chanel to MAC and ended up keeping only my favs; MAC studio fix fluid/Dior Airflash/LM Silk creme/ now THIS! i am usually NC25-30 and the shade FIJI suits me well.. gives my skin tone a nice healthy color.. BLENDS STUPENDOUSLY! FLAWLESS finish. hides it all while not being considered a FULL coverage foundation.. SO when people ask what im wearing i can just say a sheer foundation. BUT i was quite surprised of the coverage it gave cause it is a sheer glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $99 AUS for this foundation and it ended up in the bin after three uses. My skin just did not like it, I broke out within hours. I let my skin rest for a week, tried it again, and again - horrible break-out. The colour oxidised on me and turned a horrible dark orange yellow on my face, even with a good primer. Really bad experience.. it put me off Nars for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Cindy105

This foundation is my HG! And I do not have very many HG products. I'm constantly switching around, looking for something better. I've tried many, many foundations in my lifetime (MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MUFE HD, MUFE Face & Body, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, etc.) and this is the best. The reason why I like it so much is because it gives great coverage while still looking natural (very rare) and it has staying power! My t-zone is extremely oily and by the end of the day, my foundation usually has slid off or lord knows where it goes. My skin also ends up looking super shiny near the end of the work day. If I am going somewhere after work, I'll usually have to reapply, but not with Nars Sheer Glow. I look in the mirror at 6pm and it still looks the same as when I applied it in the morning. I'll use blotting sheets and I'll see oil that comes off on the sheets, but yet I don't see it on my face. So strange. But I won't question it.

When I first bought this foundation, I applied it with my fingers and I hated it! It looked heavy and cakey. Then I learned to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and it is sooooo beautiful. I just dab the foundation around my face and then start blending. I think the damp Beauty Blender helps to deposit the product in a sheer layer, then if you need more coverage you can do it again but I find that one layer is enough for me. The finish is satin so I don't need to powder my face. The satin finish gives it the look of skin, not too matte and not too shiny. If you're thinking of buying this, I'd recommend getting a sample first and practicing the application of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own this in Punjab. I am an NC 35 and next time I think I may go a shade darker. Some days this color is perfect and somedays I feel like I need just a little more. After playing with different foundations it is my opinion, with foundations you get what you pay for. I have tried Revlons colorstay, and its nice, but the quality of NARS is a whole lot nicer. I use the Sephora airbrush foundation brush to apply this, and only takes about 2 small drops in my hand to cover my whole face. So while expensive, it is gonna last awhile, which works for me. I am ablle to get light coverage (how ever this foundation is very buildable so you can totally get full coverage out of this) and with my brush get an airbrushed finish. I do really like this and think I will be repurchasing when ever the time comes, bc it does give me a nice dewy finish on my combo maturing skin. I'm not sure yet if this is my HG, but still it is very nice.