July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I brought this in punjab. It broke me out. Each time i put this on i had new spots when i doublecleansed my skin. I actually needed the matte version but selfridges was all out so i got this cos i liked the way it looked on.

Next time i tried this was matched to barcelona in matte. Too dark and dint look as flawless as glow version. Such a shame cos this could have been hg if it looked good and dint break me out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by rallu

The color "Ceylan" is perfect for my skin tone but that's where it ends...The coverage is very sheer and not buildable, if you have any flakey areas it will highlight them, it gets cakey after a few hours and didn't give me any glow at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by misswedemeyer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I love the product, I hate the package. The cap does not screw on, and since I travel a lot I end up losing half of the makeup because it leaks all over my other cosmetics. NARS is a great company but they really need to consider repackaging this product ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Mhgroener

Feels like a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahbeans

Just bought this yesterday so this review may be a little premature but definitely seems to be the foundation i have been searching for!! It leaves a beautiful finish.. the girl at Sephora applied it and it stayed perfectly on my face for hours without budging, which is awesome because I constantly touch my face out of habit/ seem to sweat my usual foundation off within two hours. Like everyone else who seemed to like it I definitely have very yellow undertones to my skin, it looked VERY yellow in the store so thank goodness she brought me out to the hallway to show me how it really looked... great if you are not looking for something super full coverage or too matte, it lets your natural glow come through which is something I've always had issues with about most other foundations. I got the deauville and it is gorgeous. Initially they tried to talk me into getting the makeup forever foundation, but I have always been much happier with nars products. bottom line- good investment if you want an every day natural looking foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I want to love this but just not sure! It looks great when it's first on but definitely has a yellow undertone which I'm not convinced about. Bought this in SpaceNK when newly back from holiday and was convinced that my pink skin tone (which I've always had) is actually a yellow undertone - hmmm. That's more about SpaceNK being pushy than the foundation though!! It gives good coverage, I'd definitely say its more an evening out coverage than a day-to-day work type. It's quite heavy and feels difficult to blend but does look good once you've managed to bend it in. It also seemed to exhasibate my dry skin. I've tried Benefit's That Gal as a primer under this as I was informed this was a really moisturising primer that should help with this, it was an awful combo!! Really slidey and patchy. I'm going to try it with the Laura Mercier primer next and see if that helps. In all - good but not as great as I hoped for the price and as many have commented before me - the lack of pump is just annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by alonzocris

I have never used foundation before so I wanted to try this one, since I heard it was very lightweight and natural looking. I LOVE IT!! IMO it is worth the $40 dollars that it costs, if you apply it correctly it will look very beautiful on your skin. I do have to say that if you have heavy acne or looking for full coverage this is not the foundation for you, but if your face is okay and a couple little pimples here and there this will do the job.
I have combo skin so I do set it with powder (T-zone) so it won't look super shiny. I have used it for a week approx and it hasn't broken me out. Also I think this foundation is good for people with yellow-ish undertones, it matches my skin perfectly!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Love the finish, the texture, and the feel. But I'm absolutely confuddled as to how they feel it makes sense to provide ROWS of testers of the product WITH a pump, for a foundation that does not come with a pump. After using MAC F&B and Revlon ColorStay, the pump was a major selling point for me. Now it's gotta go back, just because....

I'm not sure if Sephora or Nars is the culprit, but it stands to reason that if you think store associates and potential customers need a pump to TRY the product, then a pump is probably the best idea for those idiots like me who are actually dumb enough to BUY it.

Very disappointed. Mainly because NOWHERE does it say that the product doesn't come with a pump. Yeah, I should have done better research, but still.

Meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

generally I like it because it's the first foundation to keep its word of 'glowing' on my extra extra dry face.Even on winter days when my skin is troubled with danders ,it can apply smoothly without leaving any visible trace.And it lasts an entire day without darkening,which is very important because I hate to power up again and again.But what is not so satisfying is that it's too glowy and clear to offer enough coverage.I'll have to work with extra concealers to cover my acnes.
I use the color DEAUVILLE and it fits perfectly as most foundations' lightest tone cannot fit on my sightly pale complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I like this foundation a lot. When I wear it, I seem to get more compliments on my skin. I don't get a lot of compliments on it, so that's a big deal for me. It isn't completely dewy or glowy, but not matte either, which I like. I wear it in the shade Deauville, and I am an NC20 in MAC. It has not broken me out as far as I know, but I rotate foundations a lot, so it would be hard to say. The coverage is really good for my occasional acne. It makes me feel pretty! I intend to keep buying this foundation because it works pretty well for me.