NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/29/2013 9:09:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product, and I've tried to work with it because it has such great coverage but it makes me break out so much every time I use it. Think i'll be sticking to my revlon colour stay.

on 4/28/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful finish on my uneven rough textures skin. Better than Armani Luminous Silk and better staying poweNot as expensive and you don't have to buy two shades of the stuff to get the right look.

on 4/28/2013 10:31:00 PM

Within 15 minutes of trying this on my skin was irritated and itchy. Gave it a chance and tried it again later that week. Nope. Same thing happen. Maybe it's just my skin but for sure I usually don't have problems.

on 4/28/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I like this foundation. It's lightweight, feels so comfortable to wear and makes my skin look really good and healthy. It doesn't cling to dry patches. It gives a really beautiful effect. I get compliments when I wear it.

The packaging looks chic but it is kind of annoying in reality.

for reference- I am NC30 and wear Punjab

on 4/28/2013 8:01:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this I love it for summer and spring my only real problem with this foundation is the packaging it needs a pump and I have heard you can buy a pump for it but with the foundation being 44-48 dollars it should come with a pump I am a huge huge fan of NARS in general I have used both this and the sheer matte I like matte skin in the winter time though. I think this is a foundation you love it or you hate it and I happen to love it I have normal to combo skin and it works well for me.

on 4/28/2013 1:31:00 AM

i do love this product since i don't usually wear foundations this is my go to but i can't always wear it if i haven't moisturized fully because on my nose it can cling to some dry spots but that has only ever happened rarely and in the begging when i didn't apply well. Now i apply it usually with a sigma F80 or a damp sponge and it makes me look amazing but still natural and even if the price is a lot i would still repurchase great find !

PS: I am NC15-NC20 in Mac and i was matched to Gobi which works perfectly in the winter fall area and then the next one Deauville matched me to for the summer

on 4/27/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've finished my bottle of this so I definitely think I'm ready to write a review on this! I'm about a MAC NC35 and was matched to the shade Barcelona. This can turn a little bit orange in the winter but I save this foundation in general for the summer anyway. A lot of people seem to be complaining that this isn't even glowy or doesn't live up to the name but I think by the term 'sheer glow' that's exactly what it means, it's not super glowy or super matte just a teeny bit glowy hence the name sheer glow. I have dry skin and found that in the winter this was just too dry for my skin but by summer, when my skin is more on the normal side it's perfect. I'd usually apply this with my Sigma F80 which would give the most flawless finish. It has a medium to more full coverage depending on how good your skin is. It feels beautifully light and goes on easily. I do find that it isn't the most glowy foundation when first applied but I like that because when I'm running around on a hot summers day getting a little bit sweaty/oily I find this holds up incredibly well and it starts to look more glowy too. For me, this is really practical as I don't have to worry about applying loads of powder throughout the day as it starts off matte and gets glowy as the day goes on (not shiny though!). But I am a dry skinned girl so maybe an oily skinned person would find that it gets a bit too shiny. The only downfall I had with it is that I have a slightly oily T-zone and it gets really shiny as the day goes on so maybe if you have normal skin and get slightly oily throughout the day this could be a good one but I wouldn't recommed it for those who get really oily. Also the packaging could be improved. As for oxidising, I didn't noice anything major! I would definitely repurchase!

on 4/26/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that I have textbook combination/oily skin. The first time I went to the Nars counter I was advised to try sheer matte. Poor shade match notwithstanding, I would recommend sheer glow over sheer matte unless you have VERY oily skin. I am the sort of person who has to blot/powder every few hours in the T-zone no matter what foundation I use, but I have gotten used to it because any foundation that stops my oil production will inevitably clog my pores. The reason I love Nars Sheer Glow over all other foundations that are supposedly formulated for my skin type is that it is truly invisible. I have tried powder foundations, I have tried Makeup Forever HD--it was OK but it accentuated my dry spots more than I would have liked. The coverage was too heavy and covered up my freckles, which I have recently come to terms with. If you have oily-combination to dry skin and want a natural but flawless finish, I strongly recommend Nars Sheer Glow. I am half-Chinese, half-German/English, roughly NC20-25, and I love Fiji (summer) or Ceylan (winter) because the pink/yellow balance is excellent if you are mixed-race.

on 4/24/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have a love and hate relationship with this foundation, price is way to expensive i dont agree to it, I'm an nc41 in mac studio fix and the lady matched me to syricus way too dark for my skin tone, so what i do is apply my studio fix than apply this to contour also wen i wnt dewy skin it works very well and makes my skin look flawless, on its own last for 4 hours, i would recommend only because it does not have spf which is good for photos otherwise no for an everyday. :)

I got matched with Mont Blanc (lightest the store had). It is a little too peachy pink for me, but I was really impressed with the coverage and finish of the foundation. Because it's called sheer glow, I thought it might have minimal coverage or leave me looking kind of greasy (like Make Up For Ever HD), but it's more of a medium coverage foundation with a natural finish. Pretty! I will try it in the lightest color if I can find it next time I'm shopping.

The more I use this, the more I love it. This looks beautiful at the end of a workday! Although it's not completely full coverage and has slight shine, I'm so impressed with the overall performance, really loving it.

Still on the lookout for my ultimate HG though. While this is a great foundation, it does oxidize (at least in Mont Blanc) and I do prefer the matte look.

Update: still think this is great, but in the summertime, it does leave me too shiny, even with powder! Also, it doesn't fully cover my acne scars. Not sure if anything really can, but I would love something that goes on smoothly like Sheer Glow but with a little more coverage and a little less shine.