August 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kikilynn09

I'm towards the end of my first bottle and I'm in love. When applying my foundation, I also use concealer, powder and also setting powder. This foundation gives me medium, buildable coverage and although I've read a lot about it fadding or become blotchy, that hasn't happened to me yet and I wear this foundation through work, dance and nights out. Honestly, the price tag doesn't bother me too much because you do get what you pay for and I keep seeing amazing results. I don't have many blemishes, but I do have some scarring and this smooths out my skin perfectly. I was prepaired and when ordering this foundation on NARS, I made sure I bought the pump which relieved any agro. But, I would definitely recommend and I will keep repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jennafoster

I tried so hard to like this product. I had read tons of amazing things about it, and was convinced to purchase because I do love a lot of NARS products. I purchased Barcelona, but none of the colours seemed perfect for my skin tone. When I first started to use it, I really loved it, but slowly started to notice that all of my papers at school were dotted with little orange fingerprints from MY FACE! I set my makeup and this would get oily and slick off my face, would make my barely oily t-zone look like a freakin mirror by the end of the day. If you are just going out for a couple hours at night, it can work for that but if you want long wear, it doesn't work at all. I now use DiorNude and I am a huge fan of it. Stay away from this foundation ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xoPaperPlanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

S T A Y----------------------------------------------------------------- A W AY
it irritated the sh*t out of my skin and i always thought i had rosacea or flushed easily. it was this foundation. my skin is not sensitive.
it goes on cakey and matte and turns my face into an orange oil slick with bulletholes for pores by the end of the day. the colors are horrible. the sheer matte is even worse. goes on in pieces and doesnt even cover anything. and i mean anything.
i paid 62 dollars for this in canada.
ive been using the loreal magic smooth souffle in the lightest shade and it is truly amazing and is less than A THIRD of the price.
my skin has never looked better since i stopped using this.
i feel like its made out of bleach and i dont even have sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by bangton

I actually don't know what I think of this one. When I wear it my boyfriend and work pals compliment me on my skin BUT when I look in the mirror, I just don't really get it. It's ok but I seem to be missing what others are seeing. I also don't really find it lasts that long on my skin.
It's a nice texture and the colour range is good. Being a rather light foundation I will probably use it more now the weather is improving but for the cost (£28) I'm not sure i will repurchase it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Being in Europe my selection of cosmetics on hand easily is limited. You would think that euro brands would have lighter shades in their lines. For my experience, this is not the case. Enter Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia. This is almost a perfect match for me. For once my face is the same color as the rest of me. From 3ft away I look like a china doll, which I like. Unfortunately, get any closer and I look like a flaky crater pored monster. My husband swears it's not that bad, but it looks bad in the mirror to me. When I wear this foundation I get compliments from others, even children. I will continue to use it as it's a good color match and it doesn't seem to break me out when used infrequently. If anyone has any tips on how to make this look better close up besides primer or massive exfoliation, I'm all ears!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I finally gave in and bought this in Mont Blanc. (I think I'm about NW15.) I love the effect this creates - that lovely 'lit from within' effect but without the melt down I experienced with Lancome Teint Miracle. I use a damp makeup sponge to apply and follow up with the tiniest amount of powder just to set it and after that it lasts surprisingly well, I'm really pleased with the colour match. It feels lovely to apply. The only thing I don't like is that you have to buy a pump separately from the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by jojoxc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I have incredibly sensitive, dry and acne-prone skin so finding a good foundation has always been my greatest problem. My skin always begins to flake after awhile and my foundation oxidizes so much I begin to look like an oompa loompa.

I've tried dozens of foundations from drugstore ones (Revlon Colorstay, Neutrogena ones) to expensive high end ones (MAC studio fix fluid, Lancome foundations, La Mer, MUA HD and velvet +, Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, Estee Lauder double wear, BB creams, ETC ETC) and they ALWAYS make my skin look dry and flaky to the point where after two hours, I could peel my foundation off. Or it makes me so oily, I can see the foundation slide off my face. I use primer, powder, setting spray and everything and it still happens.

UNTIL I stumbled upon this magnificent creation. This is my holy grail foundation, well worth the insane amount of money, (42 BUCKS -__-) Now remember, everyone's skin is different, and I have probably the most annoying skin combination (acne prone, dry on some areas, oily on some, easily breaks out) on the face of the earth, and this is the only foundation that manages to keep my skin smooth and flawless until the end of the day. It does not oxidize at all on my skin, thank you sweet baby jesus and my color is perfect. I'm a NC30-NC35 in MAC, and the color Punjab is absolutely perfect for me. Brush, fingers, beauty blender, whatever, works incredibly well. I have a lot of acne scarring, discoloration, large pores, you name it, I have it. I need full coverage all the time, and this is the only foundation that makes my skin look flawless for once, and the texture of it is smooth, light, and covers very well.

Nars sheer flow foundation + MAC studio fix concealer = THE HOLY COMBINATION.

My only problem is that it IS extremely pricey, but I am willing to put up with it because my skin is just so picky with everything. And the packaging is annoying as well, because the square part of the cap came off once and it doesnt have a pump but whatever because the formula is glorious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

I have been using this foundation for almost two years and have gone through a few bottles. I started with Barcelona...as I've been more conscious of staying out of the sun I am now using Stromboli. There are a couple of very imporant things I look for before I even sample a foundation. ONE that it doesnt contain sunscreen, I am allergic. I feel like foundations shouldn't contain sunscreen a lot of people that think foundations make them break out are just allergic to chemical sunscreens. I am one of those of people. Second they must have a warm/yellow/olive undertone. I cannot wear Estee lauder, Laura Mercier, Clinique for example those shades are all too pink and look ashy on me. The shades that have a bit more warmth are too orange. This foundation passed both of those requirements. The color selection is amazing. The colors run from very light to dark. I use Stromboli and I would equate that to a MAC nc30-35 BB 4.25. This foundation packs a punch when it comes to pigment I need about a quarter sized amount for me whole face. I use the sigma F82 and stipple a sheer layer over my face and bounce a little extra product over areas where I need more coverage. This foundation builds without looking cakey and I would say it builds to a med-full coverage. I have very textured skin, large pores and this doesnt emphasize them and instead gives me a softer appearance. The finish isnt dewy for me I would describe this as more a satin finish. For me this foundation needs to be set with a powder as I do tend to get shiny in my t-zone. Now on to why this isnt HG status. The wear. It tends to wear off a little patchy. If im careful and dont touch my face ( I know bad) I can get a good 10 hours out of it. Im still on the hunt for a good powder to set this. I have reactive clog prone skin, although this hasnt caused irritation I have noticed if I dont double cleanse to remove this ( Boscia Oil cleanser and Dermadoctor Litmus test) I do get clogged pores. Since I havent been able to get such a good color match I will stick with this and try to adjust the powders and such to maximize wear. The packaging doesnt bother me. I bought a foundation pump it was $6 but it was just a one time purchase since I just transfer it to my new bottle very time. Love this foundation just picked up a new bottle at Nordies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wore this foundation for the first time today (after testing twice!!)

once I got the right colour BAM! Instant love!!
goes on like a dream with or without primer!
it just looks better and better as the day goes on..

packaging not so great!
I want a pump lid
LOL when it is cold it hurts to bang the bottle on the back of your hand :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is an OK foundation..it looks nice on the skin but ive had the same results with drugstore foundations...and for the price and lack of staying power this has HECK NO i would not buy it again.