December 18, 2014 | 1802 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

This was crap. I bought it mostly because I liked the shape but its so inconvenient when I'm at work and I can't put it in my pocket b/c it looks all akward. The smell I liked at first but now I can't stand it. The moisturizing quality is horrible IMO. Didn't do anything for me. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is horrible! I bought this thinking the packaging is cute and curious to see how well it will work on my lips and it does absolutely nothing for me. It's less moisturizing than the original blistex and Chapstick brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dorororo

I don't find the smell very fruity at all. Doesn't last long nor does it moisturize well (I have very dry lips as well). I bought it because I thought the packaging was cute but realized how inconvenient it is to put it in a clutch when I'm on a night out. Definitely not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by 1017

So after constantly seeing these in adorable advertisements, always getting mentioned here, etc, I broke down to buy the weird round ball. I thought it was cool the outside was rubbery and not plastic. Then I unscrewed it and applied it to me lips waiting for all the awesomeness to take over. Wah, wah, wah. Nope...wax in a ball. Didn't feel great, felt/tasted really, really waxy, and didn't do anything for my lips. Back to Neutrogena's white tubed lip balm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this online a few days ago, i read the reviews before i bought it, some people said that it smelt of plastic and has no fruity smell to it whatsoever. once i opened it i realised what they had meant, it does not smell fruity in any wayyy, i have bought other products that smell aboluelty delightful but this does not. hte reason i gave an overal rating of 4 was because it is so cute, the packaging i mean and i love the silky texture of the moisuuriser- perfect. its not greasy and its hyrating. so i will buy again but this time in a different flavour hopefully the taste and smell of the next one will be much nicer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love eos lip balms!! They feel great on the lips and I love that they're natural and organic. I can't actually identify from the scent what summer fruit this smells like but its very pleasant. My fave is still the tangerine though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I was naturally drawn into this product for the packaging and design, which is really unique. I don't mind that it wont fit in my pocket, as I carry handbag around everywhere anyway. The quality of the balm is really good, it has a creamier consistency than I expected, though it does take a few good coats to get good coverage. It costs about $8-10 for me to buy in Australia, but then again, thats normal for a good quality balm. Definitely trying other flavours!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Aivlysm69

I have the Melon one and was halfway ordering some from a company when it was cancelled due to reports from China stating that the EOS lip balms contain DEHP which causes cancer :(
I'm unsure about these products now. Loved them coz they were natural.. Hmm..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

This is a balm that is comparable to my organic softlips lip balm, which I love, but for a less expensive price. For the eos balm, you get 7g of product while softlips only contains 2 g. Both cost around $6 and are natural products that are also almost 100% organic, which is a must for a product that I constantly apply throughout the day, because we ingest 80% of whatís on our lips! So always check the ingredients in your lip products!

There are also many complaints about it being waxy and not giving enough of a shine. Here's the thing, this balm is not SUPPOSED to make your lips glossy (go buy a lipgloss if you want that!), it's supposed to moisturize your lips, and that waxy residue will help retain moisture better, so this product has more lasting power than a balm that's "shiny" or very "creamy". If moisture and shine are both wanted, put on the balm, then a gloss on top...VOILA, problem solved.

There is a faint fruity smell and taste that I personally do not enjoy, but it's different for everyone, so if you dislike any sort of natural flavouring or scent, I suggest staying away from these eos lip balms as all the flavours do have a taste!

I didn't know whether I would like this product or not, as the actual balm looked a bit hard and I decided to try it anyway after eyeing it for months, but didnít expect much. However, Iím glad I did! I still love Soft Lips very much, but itís a bit pricy if you use it several times a day, every day. Another bonus, both eos and soft lips are animal-cruelty free! WOOOT (:

I think you guys should give it a try, itís not too expensive and maybe youíll love it! Both this balm and soft lips are natural, unlike many lip balm brands out there, such as chapstick and blistex.

EDIT: I went back to soft lips, because Im finding this less and less moisturizing and sometimes my lips peel after using this! still worth a try, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Track4ever07

These lip balms are awesome!! The packaging is cute, but not good to put in your pocket because they are bulky, but easy to find in your purse. The cap stays on great also. To me, this smells and tastes like Fuzzy Peaches :). I don't smell or taste artificial fruit scent. These mosturize great once you get past the top layer, which doesn't take long. They don't help my chapped lips as much as carmex, but I certainly see a little difference. They last a decent amount of time on my lips. In the end, this lip balms is great!!