Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 5/15/2007 2:04:00 PM

Kind of like Bonnie Bell's Lip Smackers for adults. Other than the variety of color choices and the amusement factor, I haven't found anything particularly special about them, but I'm sure I'll keep buying them whenever the need for a punchy little not-so-serious gloss arises.

on 5/12/2007 1:24:00 PM

This is probably the most expensive lip gloss I have ever purchased ($21) but to me it is entirely worth it! They are a little on the sticky side but from my experience that helps to stay on longer than typical lip glosses.

on 5/10/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lovely gloss i prefer the clearer formulations, but i will only repurchase juicy tubes again if i see a coloured one i really can't resist. For clearer formula i will now be buying loreal color juice as this is an identical formula for a fraction of JT price. Could this be because they have the same parent company............

on 5/6/2007 8:42:00 AM

An OK product. Juicy Tubes tend to go on pretty shear and with my pigmented lips it's a bit boring. I do agree that they are somewhat moisturizing and stay on fairly well but for the money, they are nothing special. I will rebuy if I see a good promotion as I think JTs (I have Peche and Simmer) are nice staples to have around.

on 4/29/2007 1:19:00 AM

I bought this a long long time ago, anyways I love the color that it was and the feeling how ever at the time 21 dollars was a lot for a lipgloss, plus it broke at the top.. and it was completely useless to me :(..

on 4/28/2007 10:21:00 PM

I'm sort of a lip gloss junkie, and I own close to 30 juicy tubes. There is always a juicy tube in my purse. Kinda expensive for a tube of lip gloss but I think the color choices are great so I'm willing to pay the extra cash. The consistency is good and keeps my lips moisturized. For the most part, they are not glittery (something I can not stand). I will definitely be purchasing more. I don't think I'll stop until I have every single color! I'm hooked.

on 4/24/2007 8:52:00 PM

I really like them. By the way it's Juicy Tubes with an 's'. The trick is to apply them in a sheer coat because that cuts down the stickiness. I find them to be non-drying, long-lasting, and non-gritty and they have no nasty plastic taste or smell. I also like the packaging although I have had a couple of tubes that have cracked at the top through over use so I had to chuck them out before they were finished. My favourites at the moment are Fraise, Groseille and Marshmallow for their subtle bright colours.

on 4/12/2007 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This should be only 5 dollars.I don't get why so many people rave about this. the formula is too sticky and the colour is subtle.also it kinda dries off my lips such a waste of money

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Juicy Tubes are great! But they are a little pricey in my opinion. They offer many shades and types so its a good little splurge if you want to treat yourself to something nice.

on 4/1/2007 10:42:00 AM

I LOVE Juicy Tubes
(I think I am somewhat obsessed with this ultra-shiny little masterpieces :))

The gloss comes in a generous 15 ml tube with a slanted tip applicator. The texture is thich and "syrup like" (makes the staying power superb) so if you dont like a little stickiness in your gloss then stay away from these little babies.

Over the years, I have had 19 Juicy Tubes (Sweet So Young (sheer watermelon pink), Groiselle (sheer berry pink), Lemon Sugar (yellow in the tube, transclude on the lips), Honey Violet (sheer berry/mauve w. gold shimmer), Simmer (pigmented light peachy/rose), Pink Horizon (pigmented light rosey/mauve), Manihi (sheer golden caramel) , Magic Spell (sheer berry), Midsummer Eve (light peachyrose in the tube, transclude on the lips), Tahuata (sheer burnt orange), Tickled Pink (pigmented rosey/mauve), Bolole (sheer orange/red), Bonfire (medium pigmented orange), Gold Escapade (sheer golden brown), Chilled (pigmented natural rosey brown), Touched By Light (sheer golden), Raspberry Ice (sheer watermelon pink w. glitter), Iced Cranberry (sheer red w. glitter), Fraise (sheer berry) ---- Ummm.. Okey... As you can see Im REALLY into JTs ;) )
I like the fact that many JTs isnt all that pigmented because I find it difficult for me to wear anything else but sheer coverage (I have really unpigmented lips and lipglosses that looks just like a little stain on someone with pigmented lips looks way too much on me). But of course there is pigmented JTs out there as well (like Beach Plum, Ablaze, Raisin, Lollipop, Energizing Melon, Coral Rush, Sun Bronze etc) for you lucky ones who can pull them off :)
My all-time favourite of all JTs I have own is "Manihi" which smells exactly like Nutella (YUMMY!) and gives a warm golden glow too the lips.
continued >>