July 28, 2014 | 1927 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jchelkowski

This product is great! I think it smells amazing and I only need a dime size amount of product for my thick, somewhat wavy hair. Although it is expensive, I believe it is worth it. My hair stylist has told me for years that I have some of the thickest hair she's worked with (that isn't a head of curls/thick waves) and every time I use this product my hair feels smoother and cuts my blow drying time in half!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! This is the HG of hair smoothing. I have premature gray hair (since I was 16, now 33). Since it turned gray so early on, I've been coloring and processing my hair since then. To add to the list....I blow dry and flat iron OR curl my hair every single day. I have long hair that for the most part....is in good shape (except for being dry at the ends), but with the beating it takes everyday, I had to find something to calm the ends down. THIS stuff is what took care of the problem.

I apply it to damp hair after washing/conditioning, proceed to blow dry, then I straighten OR curl and VOILA. It's soooooooooooo soft and SILKY. Silky is the key word. This is one of my top 3 serums I use as I like to rotate my products. However, I would put this one at the number 1 spot.

Oh and the smell...........it's delightful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Alicina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GAG!!! I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and oil treatment stuff. Yeah, my hair looks great, but results are similar to what I get with Fresh Meadowfoam conditioner or even Pantene, for heaven's sake (it's just the silicones coating the hair and making it shiny). But can we please talk about the scent for a second? One of the gals below says it reminds her of feminine spray; I don't know what that smells like, but to me it smells identical to le male cologne. If you don't know what that smells like, picture that scent mixed with B.O. in the back of a NYC taxi cab, because like every cabbie and doorman in the city wears it. Along with my cheesy euro ex-boyfriend, who I would be very happy to forget. And the stuff REEKS to high heaven--I can smell it constantly! If you at ALL sensitive to smell, I would seriously skip this one. The scent is gross--it's musky and dirty, and it is not the thing that I want to smell when I go for a refreshing shower after a workout. Disgusting.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Jaychra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this, I have fine wavy hair (but lot of it, plus it's long and frizzy when dry) and this is the only treatment I can leave in without coating my hair in residue or adding weight. It's like an awesome lightweight but penetrating, moisturising and softening lip balm or body oil, but for your hair. Or in another sense, like merino thermals. Except this smells pretty, whereas thermals aren't really what you'd consider decorative...

Aanyway - I make a point to use natural shampoo wherever I can (Alchemy in Mandarin) and conditioner (Maclyn Grove), and this fills in the gaps on bad hair days beautifully - even though it's mostly silicones. A bit of a conflict for me, but it doesn't leave my hair worse for not using it. I'm interested to try pure Argan oil and compare, to see if it holds up or is too rich.

I use it mostly on ends and a little on the roots for more bounce, also to even out the moisture. It feels natural, rather than adding another layer or weight to my hair.

The scent is musky and somewhat organic and fresh, but it'd be too strong to put up with if you didn't like it (unfortunately). I love it, and think it's versatile without being overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for over a week now, everyday. I absolutely adore it. It has made my hair very soft and shiny. I can use truckloads of it without it making my hair oily as my hair is naturally very dry. I had it highlighted on saturday and this stuff, among hydrating/protein masks has kept my hair looking and feeling very healthy. My hair is in the best condition in years! I have curly, very frizzy hair, this makes my hair less frizzy and I bought a back-up bottle a few days later as I think I will use loads of it. Im also panicking that my favourite website, beatybay.com will stop selling it. As I live in the UK I cannot find it anywhere else. And the smell, someon on youtube described as a good boy smell, and its spot on! I love the smell! I'm going to try the moroccanoil hydrating mask tonight!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by nmai4

To start, I have somewhat thick hair thats naturally poofy and frizzy after a shower. I use this product on my damp hair. So far, I can only say that my hair looks the same. Sure it makes it shiny and somewhat softer but overall when I style my hair whether it's flat ironed or let out naturally, my hair looks like it did before I used this product. It just gives you that look like any of those shine spray/serums does. Sometimes I feel like I can achieve the same "healthy" or "shiny" look with cheaper products. The thing I like about it is that it does absorb quickly into your hair. Luckily I bought a small sized bottle because I'm still uncertain if this is one of those overly advertised and hyped up products. I'll use it for a little longer and see the result then. I suggest trying it out before actually buying the whole thing, everyone's hair is different. Oh, and the smell... it's not bad but I personally don't think I like it too much either. It has sort of a musky/candle-like/organic/like those ethnic hair product scent. That did not make sense but hope you'll understand ._."

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEE this product. After years of experimentation its in my extremely streamlined HG routine. I buy the small size, it last a very long time. I spray my fine long hair with Elnett and then put my palm on the top of the moroccan oil bottole, tip the moroccan oil upside down and right side up and use what is on my palm. Rub palms together and rub on length of hair. Blow dry and repeat Moroccan oil process.My hair is shiny, layers look great, and very smooth. Perfect!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never got past the smell. I was expecting a musky, organic smell based on the reviews. Instead, it smells EXACTLY like the FDS Feminine Deoderant Spray everyone used in the 80s. I mean, exactly like it. Wretched.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by sweetstef24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Moroccanoil because it makes my hair super soft and feel so healthy.But I also don't like it because it doesn't make my hair shiny at all and it's too pricey. I bought the small bottle, it was $17 just for 0.85oz of oil. It's too darn expensive. But i'm planning to purchase it again just because I haven't found anything better for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

OK. I had heard rave reviews about this product from all places so I bought the 100ml without trying a sample. What a mistake! This product is just silicone and fragrance! It did absolutely nothing for my hair apart from a little bit of shine but I already have products for that (which are far better.) I like the fragrance. That's about it. Don't waste your money on HYPE girls! If you want a product to smooth, soften and add shine try aveda style-prep smoother which is a FAR better product!