BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 9/18/2011 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm really rather underwhelmed by this product. It's decently pigmented and applies well enough, and the color is a true brown, not some kind of orangey glittery mess. It just does nothing much for me. I try to use it as a contour, but to no avail. As a bronzer it's a little too dark, I think. And I have NC30 skin. Also the lid design is annoying, I keep nicking the product every time I close it. Would not repurchase.

on 9/16/2011 12:13:00 PM

I love this bronzer!! Ive tried many bronzers before but i love this for contouring. no shimmer or shine. so perfect for contouring! the brush sucks balls... strands always falls on my face. the package could be better as well.

on 9/15/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bought this in the Legally Bronze collection, assuming it would be the product I would never use. I was wrong--I love Hoola. I'm very pale, and look dirty when I use bronzers, so I never buy them. This powder is clean looking, not frosty, and I could use it as a regular powder if I apply it lightly. Very pleased.

on 9/13/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is great for contouring fair skin! I'm NC20 for reference, and I have tried numerous drugstore bronzers looking for a natural looking contour product (NYC Sunny-a lil orangey, NYX Taupe Blush-too gray and can look dirty, ELF contouring blush and bronzer-good but not great). Hoola is finely milled, really pigmented and buildable. I use a small tapered brush (Sigma F35), I tap it once in the box and its a perfect amount for one side of my face. It is pretty expensive but I bought it as part of the Legally Bronze set since I wanted High Beam as well so I feel like it was worth it. I love it so much that I would definitely repurchase it I ever run out, which wont be for a very long time since you need so little every day.

on 9/11/2011 5:18:00 PM

This a great bronzer for contouring. I find that using this with a MAC #109 brush creates a very contoured, yet natural look. This is also a great bronzer if you want to use it to warm up your face! Very happy with this bronzer, have yet to find one to live up to this. Looks great with NARS Orgasm blush or BeneFit's Coralista I find! Only thing I'm not a fan of is the packaging, however it's something I'm willing to ignore.

This is a bronzer I ALWAYS have in my makeup bag! Even if Im not using it one day - I take comfort knowing that its there for me if I need it!
This is a matte bronzer with no shimmer - its great for contouring, and its a lovely natural colour. The little brushes that come with BeneFits bronzers and blushers are a little small - and Ive never used them, so I cant really say if they are good or bad - i just remove them.
It may seem a bit pricey - but it LASTS AGES so your money goes a long long way and its a really great bronzer.
Just gives my skin a lovely little sun kissed look!
Is there any cons?? eh in my opinion - no! I know some people think the packaging is a little on the cheapo nasty side - but I think its an ideal size and great for popping in a bag/clutch for a night out. I tend to be more involved with the quality of the product than the packaging - and unless the packaging was falling apart, which Hoola doesnt - only then would it be a problem for me.
All in all - a superb bronzer!

I love love love this Bronzer, since it works best for my skintone, even when I get a tan. What I like most are the facts, that Hoola does look very natural (not orangy) and it is matte. You can always build it up and add some shimmer.
I also like the new packaging (with the mirror). The only thing I don't like is that the new version contains only 8g of product.

on 9/2/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just recently bought this and have been using it ever since! It gives off such a natural color against my skin tone anyway. I use it as a daily blush/bronzer.

Pros:
- Natural looking
- Matte - no shimmers
- Warm coloured
- Small and compact

Cons
- Pricey
- Packaging

on 9/2/2011 1:22:00 AM

I have two Benefit products (Hoola and Thrrb) I love Hoola as a contour but for the price.....meh. (although this was a gift from my friend who works at the local mall)

It can be duped easily by NYC's Sunny bronzer.

It's a very warm matte tone and it's not exactly what I was looking for (contouring wise) but that's not the product's fault, that's mine.

Amazing staying power!

Is it just me or does the brush they included in Hoola SUCKS big time! It sheds....and not that few strands here and there but CHUNKS. I pulled 1/3 of it out and I saw that it wasn't attached/glued down very well. Fail dude x-x!

on 8/31/2011 11:39:00 PM

I've been using Hoola for the last four years and I love it. I'm very fair so it's hard to find a bronzer that looks natural on my skin. I blend Hoola on my cheeks, forehead, and nose year round to add some color. One lipstick docked off because the brush they provide seems futile; I just use a sephora blush brush. Also, I'm still working through my old box (which lasts forever!) but apparantly the new one contains a lot less product for the same price.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products