BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who is very pale with neutral undertones, this product is perfect for me. It isn't too dark or too orange. I love that it is completely matte. I can use it to contour my cheeks and nose, or as an overall color supplement to my natural skin tone to get a nice, healthy-looking glow without looking glittery or shimmery. The only thing I'm not that big a fan of is the packaging. It is cheap cardboard. The mirrored top with the brush is rather heavy, so when you have less than half the product left, I found that it would tip backward instead of staying flat on the table, forcing me to remove the brush from the lid. Not that big of a deal, I know, but I had to find something negative to say about the product. Besides that, I love this and definitely recommend it to other fair-skinned ladies and gents.

on 12/27/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best contour/ bronzer I've ever had the pleasure of using. After coming to the sad realization that my previous bronzer made me look like an Oompa L, *NYC Sunny*, I embarked on my hunt for a neutral contour/bronzer powder. Did some research, strolled around Sephora for an unreasonable amount of time, and settled on Hoola. The price is slightly off putting, but when I remember that good contour can take 5 pounds off the face, into the shopping cart it goes. It's super pigmented and one box lasts a long long time. Doubles as my contour powder because it's matte lasts all day. I've had a little problem with the packaging when the sharp edges on the lid would dig into the product when I close it incorrectly, but that's the only qualm that I have with it. Haven't found a dupe yet, so I'll keep repurchasing... Until I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my current contour powder and I love it because it is very neutral and it isn't too warm, until other bronzers that tend to look too orange on me. When I first tried this out, I wasn't sure if it would even show up on my skin, but after a couple of tries, I noticed that using the brush on its side and sweeping it directly on my cheekbones as opposed to under it, and a bit on top of my blush gives me the perfect contour and application. Apart from the brush that comes with this, which, may I just add, is as soft as ever and can surprisingly do the work fine, I like using a small tapered blush brush, similar to ELF's blush brush to contour my cheeks and temples. Since this is perfectly matte, I find that this also works well in contouring your nose and jawline without making it look too obvious. Again, a little goes a long, long, way, and it did take me a couple of tries to finally make this product work, because it is very pigmented. It may seem like a lot of money, but I find that this is well worth the money (even though from past reviews, I heard that Benefit sadly cut back on the amount of product without lowering the price) and will repurchase after using this one up, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. :) Highly recommend you guys check this out!

on 12/18/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got the sample size in the "tan about tan" kit from sephora.

the sample version has very cheap packaging, it's in a plastic box! difficult to open, sometimes too. but the product is AMAZING. very good pigmentation, lasts all day, and gives a natural look. my mac shade is nw25 so i have fair/medium skin. once i run out i will purchase the full size. :)

on 12/16/2011 7:26:00 PM

I use it every day, all year round. It has the perfect colour, pigmentation and lasted me almost two years. Def a holy grail item :)

on 12/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My ALL TIME favorite bronzer!!!!! I love love love Hoola, one of the best products that has ever come out of Benefit!
Why i love Hoola - the bronzing is oh so natural. it's matte and of just the right shade for shading. i use bronzers as a face shaper - to give illusion of a slimmer face. for this purpose, i really can't use shimmery bronzers.
i own more than a dozen different bronzers- all of them collected thru impulse shopping at Sephora....and only Hoola i actually manage to finish and replenish. Nowadays i tend to save Hoola for special occasions and try to use my other dozen plus bronzers..

on 12/12/2011 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love bronzers and have wanted Hoola for years, but for some reason, never purchased it. I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap a few months back and am so glad I did. Hoola is the perfect bronzer. It does apply on the lighter side, but that's why I like it. So many bronzers out there leave my skin uneven and muddy looking. Hoola doesn't disappoint and gives me the perfect bronzed flush, minus looking like an orange, glimmering disco ball. I also like to use this as a contour powder with my MAC #109 brush. The packaging isn't the greatest and gets beat up during travel, but I can overlook that. Will definitely repurchase.

I have fair, olive skin with yellow undertones and absolutely need to use bronzer to bring my skin to life so rest assured that I have tried a few in my time and no other powder bronzer compares to this, in my opinion. (I do use a cream bronzer by Chanel sometimes too - though often in conjunction with this rather than instead of.)

For a start, waaaay too many of them are riddled with sparkly bits. Hardly consistent with human skin so best saved for parties. This one, is a lovely matte formula which is perfect day or night..and the colour is so natural! It's not remotely orange toned so it gives an amazing, healthy, sun-kissed glow.

A lot of people seem put off by the price but it lasts for so long that it really doesn't work out expensive at all. Literally, it lasts me for a good year and I use it EVERY day.

The only downfall of this and any other benefit powder is the cardboard packaging. I make sure i carry it around in a make-up bag all of the time now as I have had them fall apart fairly quickly when flung into my bag on a daily basis.

On the whole, I can't recommend this enough. This will be in my bag for years to come, without a doubt.

on 11/27/2011 1:15:00 PM

Pros:
Gives a lovely, natural tanned look when applied properly.
As it is well pigmented, it does not take a lot to get that tan look, also making it last longer.

Cons:
When it isn't applied properly, it can make you look orange and completely unnatural :(

on 11/17/2011 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really liking this bronzer. You have to apply it with a light hand, otherwise it can look very dirty/muddy. Its a really nice matte tan colour and suits my skin tone perfectly. I use it most days either as a blush or as a contour. EDIT: After using this for a night out recently, I came back home to see that it looked patchy and had collected in areas on my cheeks. I think you need to be careful that you don't have greasy skin when using this, but otherwise it is a great realistic looking bronzer!

Popular Bronzers