October 2, 2014 | 1349 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by hyperhoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my one and only paint pot. so here it goes... i am an nc42.

this is great to use as an eyeshadow, eyeshadow base and brow highlight. i haven't tried it anywhere else.

as an eyeshadow, it creases slightly after a few hours, and wears of if i wear it for more than 6 hours because i have oily eyelids. if i use UDPP under it, it doesnt crease at all.

as an eyeshadow base: i bought this b/c i read it would make my eyeshadows pop. and it did. it brings out the pink in all that glitters. it also helps to make honesty stick. and woodwinked looks more gold. It also makes my eyeshadows last even longer. when i use it with an eyeshadow on top, i do not have to use UDPP to prevent creasing. i also sometimes go back and use it on the inner v (the MA showed me this).

as a brow highlight: the MA suggested i use a 217 brush and it works perfect! the 217 buffs it in, so it doesnt look harsh on my skin.

i gave packaging quality a 4 because its a glass jar and i had the hardest time opening it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, MAC Paint Pots - where have you been my entire life of oily eyelids?! I purchased Bare Study on a tip that it helps eyeshadow stick to oily eyelids. And it outperformed my craziest expectations!! It makes my eyeshadow POP and it lasted for 9 hours without a single crease!! It's a creamy, pink shimmery champagne color and it's just a wonderful base. If you have oily eyelids, give this a try!!! I swear it's magic in a pot! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I love Bare Study so much. This creamy Paint Pot is a shimmering, pink-based champagne that's lovely as base or as a wash or as a highlighter - or all three at once. I'd been using Beige-ing Shadestick, but Beige-ing doesn't glide on nearly as effortlessly as Bare Study. Bare Study is just gorgeous underneath everything, and it's not wildly obvious, either - your eyeshadows will just have more pop, and you'll look instantly more luminous. Lots of product for $20CDN.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

Bare Study is the latest addition to my paint pots collection. I bought this as the store just happned to run out of Rubenesque. Quite happy to have scored this instead, because I found that it's lovely on the brow bones. The shimmery pearl/champagne colour is the perfect highlighter, the great staying power also means no touch ups necessary!

Without doubts repurchase material, if I ever finish the huge pot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

let me start by saying i love the idea of the paint pots. I have 4 of them so i normally like how they apply, but bare canvas just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't really make my shadows pop like Rubenesque does. IT's just a blah color for my skin tone and i would not purchase it again. I just don't like the consistancy of the bare study. It just doesn't go on my eyelid as smoothly as some of the other ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect as a browbone highlight or allover shadow. Easy to apply with a just about any shadow brush. I find this to last longer than powder shadows and it's so creamy and feels great on the skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by luckyrose11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this! great when all my pigments. Long wear too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Mariana83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is a sparkly gold beige. Think Magic Dust eyeshadow in cream from. the texture is perfect, slick easy to blen, but with plenty of pigment. Wear is long without a base. These can be used as a base to increase depth of color, or also as a line. Love this product all around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture of these Paint Pots is perfect. They are cream to powder bases or shadows, depending on how you wear them. If anyone remembers the Calvin Klein cream eye shadows in the tubes years ago? These are just like that, but soo much better. They dry quickly, are sheer enough for blending or can be packed on for impact. The staying power is pretty good for a cream eyeshadow. Much better than most actually. Bare Study is a soft champagne with a hint of gold and pink. Looks lovely on it's own or as a highlight color. Most recently, I've been wearing it with with Lovely Lily pigment (from the Lingerie collection) or French Gray (Danse). I have to take off a lippie since this product is in a pot and that just always feels a little unsanitary to me