July 28, 2014 | 2069 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cg277

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It works well in that it adds moisture before you apply foundation. Foundation goes on smoother. The smell is nice. I don't particularly like the way it comes out because it can get kind of messy. But I still like it. This is kind of pricey for a primer that works as well as others but the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I personally love this product. I live Denver, where it is very dry sometimes, and That Gal gives me some added moisture before putting on powder. I also have an uneven skin tone, and when I use this product it seems to even it out a bit and add some glow. It is expensive (high 20's) but I don't care because I love what it does for me and my skin. Smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Finally received this in a swap and love it. I have combo/acne prone skin so I am constantly concerned about breakout out--I have not broken out from a week's use of this product. It adds a slight glow under my foundation and I have received several questions asking what I did different. I love this primer for a healthy glow! I would definately re-purchase. EDIT: I am still loving this as of 9 months later! I read in a magazine that a user puts this on over her mineral foundation--well, I tried it over my concealer (don't wear foundation much now) and it gave a very nice glow--a bit more noticeable then without the foundation, but I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Gammagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product quite bit. It applied very nicely and easily. It definately made a difference in my make up for the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

while i love the benefit line i didn't notice any "pink glow". in fact it was just another primer except it cost $27. i used it all because i did like the smell but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pialeah

I just don't get it. Perhaps one of these days I will stop falling for Benefit's cute packaging & promotions and realize that I have NEVER been satisfied w/any of their products. As a very light (and nicely frangranced) tinted moisturizer this works, as a primer it does next to nothing. I do see a slight radiance or glow when I use it, but I don't feel that it has any properties that I think a primer should have. Such as mattifying, smoothing or helping make-up last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kaylaann

So I bought this on a whim thinking it would brighten my complexion and even out my skin tone a little. With makeup I can see a difference. My face looks bright and I don't need as much makeup to achieve the affect I want. However, the price of this primer versus the amount you get is ridiculous. It does not do all it claims to thus it should be less expensive. I like my philosophy primer WAY better and you get twice as much for the price you would pay for "that gal". I'll admit that I like this product-I just don't think it is worth it. if you have money to burn go ahead an purchase this product-but if your like me and earn a pretty modest living you need a product that has multiple functions as opposed to a product like this that claims it does all these great things but really only brightens up your skin IF you wear makeup over it. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit421

Ok... so as a "PRIMER" This isnt anything. I put this under Get Even (which has ZERO staying power) and it did NOT make ANY difference. As a BARE FACED LOOK, this does SLIGHTLY smooth out your face, makes your pores look SLIGHTLY better, but for the price... SO NOT WORTH IT!!! If you can score a sample, or a swap, or a good deal on EBay or something, then go for it, but $27... NO WAY!!! I would only spend about $10 on it. Because it is SO SUBTLE!!! DONT put it on with Moisturizer though, because it will flake.
OVERALL: Okay if you can snag a deal, but only good for a BARE FACED LOOK!!!
UPDATE: BROKE ME OUT BADLY!!! It looked like a blackhead/whitehead party on my face!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is really cute - it will probably end up in my purse, but as a primer or brightener: its okay. I normally don't like primers - I feel a foundation should be able to stand on its own. However, since I've been trying to sheer out my foundation/powder application, I thought this would give me a little brightening without adding coverage.

It has a nice texture, very smooth and velvety. It has a nice fragrance, like strawberry lip gloss. But it didn't do anything for my skint one, texture or makeup wear. It was a good attempt, but I will stand by my "primer = useless step" opinion.

BUT - I will leave it in my purse to freshen up my makeup during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this product, but I am pretty sure it is just a waste of money. As far a primers go - it's just so-so. It is handy on days that I don't feel like wearing makeup though since I will actually apply this due to the handy, easy to use packaging.