April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Finally received this in a swap and love it. I have combo/acne prone skin so I am constantly concerned about breakout out--I have not broken out from a week's use of this product. It adds a slight glow under my foundation and I have received several questions asking what I did different. I love this primer for a healthy glow! I would definately re-purchase. EDIT: I am still loving this as of 9 months later! I read in a magazine that a user puts this on over her mineral foundation--well, I tried it over my concealer (don't wear foundation much now) and it gave a very nice glow--a bit more noticeable then without the foundation, but I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Gammagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product quite bit. It applied very nicely and easily. It definately made a difference in my make up for the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

while i love the benefit line i didn't notice any "pink glow". in fact it was just another primer except it cost $27. i used it all because i did like the smell but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pialeah

I just don't get it. Perhaps one of these days I will stop falling for Benefit's cute packaging & promotions and realize that I have NEVER been satisfied w/any of their products. As a very light (and nicely frangranced) tinted moisturizer this works, as a primer it does next to nothing. I do see a slight radiance or glow when I use it, but I don't feel that it has any properties that I think a primer should have. Such as mattifying, smoothing or helping make-up last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kaylaann

So I bought this on a whim thinking it would brighten my complexion and even out my skin tone a little. With makeup I can see a difference. My face looks bright and I don't need as much makeup to achieve the affect I want. However, the price of this primer versus the amount you get is ridiculous. It does not do all it claims to thus it should be less expensive. I like my philosophy primer WAY better and you get twice as much for the price you would pay for "that gal". I'll admit that I like this product-I just don't think it is worth it. if you have money to burn go ahead an purchase this product-but if your like me and earn a pretty modest living you need a product that has multiple functions as opposed to a product like this that claims it does all these great things but really only brightens up your skin IF you wear makeup over it. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit421

Ok... so as a "PRIMER" This isnt anything. I put this under Get Even (which has ZERO staying power) and it did NOT make ANY difference. As a BARE FACED LOOK, this does SLIGHTLY smooth out your face, makes your pores look SLIGHTLY better, but for the price... SO NOT WORTH IT!!! If you can score a sample, or a swap, or a good deal on EBay or something, then go for it, but $27... NO WAY!!! I would only spend about $10 on it. Because it is SO SUBTLE!!! DONT put it on with Moisturizer though, because it will flake.
OVERALL: Okay if you can snag a deal, but only good for a BARE FACED LOOK!!!
UPDATE: BROKE ME OUT BADLY!!! It looked like a blackhead/whitehead party on my face!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is really cute - it will probably end up in my purse, but as a primer or brightener: its okay. I normally don't like primers - I feel a foundation should be able to stand on its own. However, since I've been trying to sheer out my foundation/powder application, I thought this would give me a little brightening without adding coverage.

It has a nice texture, very smooth and velvety. It has a nice fragrance, like strawberry lip gloss. But it didn't do anything for my skint one, texture or makeup wear. It was a good attempt, but I will stand by my "primer = useless step" opinion.

BUT - I will leave it in my purse to freshen up my makeup during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this product, but I am pretty sure it is just a waste of money. As far a primers go - it's just so-so. It is handy on days that I don't feel like wearing makeup though since I will actually apply this due to the handy, easy to use packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by FridayandBootsy

I thought the product was well put together, in the sense that it looked appealing. As soon as i applied some on my face it soaked right in, it left a powdery finish. Not only did I love the smell but the conveniece of this product. One thing I think they should do different is give you a larger amount for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

Hum - I wonder whether the effect of the product depends on your age. as the oldest reviewer so far, I am still not completely sure but....first of all the packaging is ace, and you can carry it about, and use only what you need. This is half the battle. Secondly, it has a great smell and goes on evenly. Unlike everyone else, it did not mosturise me (too old!!) but dried quite quickly to a powdery finish. It does help my makeup (Bobbi Brown sticks) stay on longer, but does it make me glow? Is that impossible at my age...> Tomorrow, I will ask my husband to compare as I will do only one side of my face!

Generally though a hit with me, although, as usual we pay way too much for makeup and Benefit in particular in the UK.

Update - not sure I would buy again. It went very quickly and I did not use a lot. For the price it is not that good. Will stick to Prep and Prime but might buy again if in US/Canada where it is cheaper!

Another update- have bought again! Why? It is so portable, all the others I tried were not as good, and my brother can buy it for me in the States