September 17, 2014 | 2095 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this in the place of my tinted moisturizer for the past few days. I don't really have anything *bad* to say about it, but like others have mentioned, it's nothing to scream and shout about either. It has a pleasant fragrance, and it hasn't irritated my skin or caused me to breakout or anything. It seems to make my skin look and feel a bit softer and smoother when I use it, but it's supposed to be a primer for your makeup, which is why I bought it. Sadly, it does not perform as well as I had hoped as a primer (doesn't seem to make my makeup last any longer, doesn't keep shine away, etc, etc.). And although it's okay by itself in place of my tinted moisturizer, it's unable to do things that my tinted moisturizer can- like even out my complexion, and give my skin that "polished" look. I will continue to use it because I hate to waste, and I will try it under my tinted moisturizer, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The effect of this way way too subtle for me. So subtle that I really didn't notice anything from it. It just didn't seem necessary to put yet another product on my face during the day. It just seemed like an unnesseccary step. Cute packaging though (of course).
UPDATE: This made me break out. I wasn't sure if it was the product (but I suspected it) so I stopped -- and then when I came back and tried it again the clogged pores and pimples started immediately. When you think about it, why would you need something else on your face? I think this just adds another layer and makes it so my skin can't breathe. No likey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cg277

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It works well in that it adds moisture before you apply foundation. Foundation goes on smoother. The smell is nice. I don't particularly like the way it comes out because it can get kind of messy. But I still like it. This is kind of pricey for a primer that works as well as others but the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I personally love this product. I live Denver, where it is very dry sometimes, and That Gal gives me some added moisture before putting on powder. I also have an uneven skin tone, and when I use this product it seems to even it out a bit and add some glow. It is expensive (high 20's) but I don't care because I love what it does for me and my skin. Smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Finally received this in a swap and love it. I have combo/acne prone skin so I am constantly concerned about breakout out--I have not broken out from a week's use of this product. It adds a slight glow under my foundation and I have received several questions asking what I did different. I love this primer for a healthy glow! I would definately re-purchase. EDIT: I am still loving this as of 9 months later! I read in a magazine that a user puts this on over her mineral foundation--well, I tried it over my concealer (don't wear foundation much now) and it gave a very nice glow--a bit more noticeable then without the foundation, but I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Gammagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product quite bit. It applied very nicely and easily. It definately made a difference in my make up for the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

while i love the benefit line i didn't notice any "pink glow". in fact it was just another primer except it cost $27. i used it all because i did like the smell but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pialeah

I just don't get it. Perhaps one of these days I will stop falling for Benefit's cute packaging & promotions and realize that I have NEVER been satisfied w/any of their products. As a very light (and nicely frangranced) tinted moisturizer this works, as a primer it does next to nothing. I do see a slight radiance or glow when I use it, but I don't feel that it has any properties that I think a primer should have. Such as mattifying, smoothing or helping make-up last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kaylaann

So I bought this on a whim thinking it would brighten my complexion and even out my skin tone a little. With makeup I can see a difference. My face looks bright and I don't need as much makeup to achieve the affect I want. However, the price of this primer versus the amount you get is ridiculous. It does not do all it claims to thus it should be less expensive. I like my philosophy primer WAY better and you get twice as much for the price you would pay for "that gal". I'll admit that I like this product-I just don't think it is worth it. if you have money to burn go ahead an purchase this product-but if your like me and earn a pretty modest living you need a product that has multiple functions as opposed to a product like this that claims it does all these great things but really only brightens up your skin IF you wear makeup over it. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit421

Ok... so as a "PRIMER" This isnt anything. I put this under Get Even (which has ZERO staying power) and it did NOT make ANY difference. As a BARE FACED LOOK, this does SLIGHTLY smooth out your face, makes your pores look SLIGHTLY better, but for the price... SO NOT WORTH IT!!! If you can score a sample, or a swap, or a good deal on EBay or something, then go for it, but $27... NO WAY!!! I would only spend about $10 on it. Because it is SO SUBTLE!!! DONT put it on with Moisturizer though, because it will flake.
OVERALL: Okay if you can snag a deal, but only good for a BARE FACED LOOK!!!
UPDATE: BROKE ME OUT BADLY!!! It looked like a blackhead/whitehead party on my face!!!