Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 4/29/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this lip balm! It smells great and leaves a subtle red tink on my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing burt's bees lip balms from now on. :)

*Edit: This lip balm kind of dries out your lips with continuous use...I won't be repurchasing this again..

on 4/27/2009 5:02:00 PM

The best and only chapstick I will ever use. The texture is firm and not sloppy or melty like many other chapsticks and the smell is wonderful. It moisturizes my lips well and the red tone adds a bit of a flush that is very nice. I will be buying this product many, many times more.

on 4/22/2009 3:04:00 PM

I'm a HUGE fan of the Burt's Bees classic lip balm. This one looked interesting enouh and it was tinted a subtle red. I tried it and the 1st thing I noticed was the heavy scent. It was kind of annoying, but It's not as irritating as the honey scented lip balm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root extract, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopheryl acetate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, cinnamomum cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, tocopherol, carmine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROS:
smooth, long lasting hydration

CONS:
scent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will stick with the classic lip balm or the shimmer versions from now on.

on 4/19/2009 8:43:00 PM

I really like Burt's Bees products and this is no exception, except that I really LOVE this particular one ;). Great moisturizer for the lips with just a touch of color. I love it for when I'm working out and not wearing any make up at all, this gives the lips just a natural but better color, perfect! Definitely would repurchase.

on 4/19/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A great balm, feels really nice on the lips, really smooth and moisturising. Not sticky or uber-waxy. Okay, so the smell is a bit weird but not bad. My lips actually crave it. The only problem I have is that I can barely finish a tube because the windy upthing /or product always breaks on me and I can't wid it up to get it on to my lips where its needed.

on 4/18/2009 5:53:00 PM

This is the first lipbalm that I've loved enough to keep up with until it was all gone! Never leave the house without it. Just purchased my second tube.

on 4/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Really great lip balm! Very good at moisturising, as soon as I put this on my lips look and feel great! One of the best lip balms I've tried (and I've tried alot!),so much better than carmex, vasaline etc. Price is totally worth it, i got mine from debenhams for 3.45. The smell isn't too bad, I would recomend this to anyone who has horribly dry lips that crack etc like mine do all the time!

The only negative is i like to wear my lipbalm under lipgloss as my lips are too dry to wear anything on them without a lipbalm, and after a few hours it did start to make a little white layer like some lipbalms do, but it was significantly less that most other ones! And it could just be due to the lipgloss itself!

on 4/18/2009 7:26:00 AM

reaaallllly good :] doesn't make them feel greasy & it really moisturizes you lips.

on 4/18/2009 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was out last week and my lips got painfully chapped, so I ran to the first drug store I saw. I've been fairly unimpressed by most brands of chapstick and had heard good things about the Burt's Bees brand, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's now a week later and my lips are still really chapped. I was hoping at that price it would work really good and not have that annoying waxy feeling. Not only is it waxy and ineffective, but it has a very odd smell (nothing like pomegranate) It's such a ripoff, basically like Chapstick brand cherry chapstick with a bad fragrance and a higher price.

on 4/16/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my absolute favourite lip balm, and with good reason. As other reviewers have mentioned, it moisturizes the lips and has a pleasant scent, rather than the overpowering smell of the original formula. It doesn't leave my lips feeling greasy, as it absorbs rather quickly. I purchase this balm on a regular basis, and have been known to search endlessly for it in various drugstores. It's well worth the price, which isn't very much for the value. Great stuff!

Popular Lip Treatments