Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this chapstick. It gives my lips a very subtle reddish tinge, moisturizes, doesn't melt, and isn't too dry or too greasy. It also smells really good. I wouldn't say it smells like pomegranate, but it's a strong, sweet, vaguely fruit-like scent. I just wish it had SPF... that would make it perfect.

on 5/4/2009 4:15:00 AM

This lip balm does not replenish, nor does it smell or taste like pomegranate...and nor does it REPLENISH anything close to your lips. Its like a layer of nothing after 5 minutes after application. It dries out very quickly. I think this is their worst product by far, and I love this company. Very disappointing.

on 5/2/2009 6:24:00 AM

It's chapstick! I have had an erie relationship with Burts Bees due to a surplus of mini products that I received from everyone at Christmas. Of course, I had asked for it because I was really curious to investigate the dealio behind this more natural brand. I found a mixed bag of results....
For starters I would like to talk about my dislikes with their lotion products... granted they are made with bee-byproducts, but seriously- why the stickiness factor? I brought all my lotion leftovers to the office so "that guy" who is always hovering over my desk to swipe the last tissue, use up my hand sanitizer, and swipe from my lotion stash could actually use something that I am not dependant on.
Now on to the main attraction, their chapsticks, specifically the Pomegrantie formula has become a staple in my purse. I love it, it actually moisturizes without drying out my lips (therefore I am automatically giving 4 lippies for this breakthrough). The only downfall, as I noticed someone else had already noted- was that this product contained no SPF. For a product that boasts natural, the type of crowd that this would appeal to are looking for health-friendly products. I am hoping they come around, because this is an important factor for me (docking a lippie).
Lastly, their other chapsticks are good too, however they need to be broken in- the smooth application is only apparent after the initial surface is worn away.

on 4/29/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this lip balm! It smells great and leaves a subtle red tink on my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing burt's bees lip balms from now on. :)

*Edit: This lip balm kind of dries out your lips with continuous use...I won't be repurchasing this again..

on 4/27/2009 5:02:00 PM

The best and only chapstick I will ever use. The texture is firm and not sloppy or melty like many other chapsticks and the smell is wonderful. It moisturizes my lips well and the red tone adds a bit of a flush that is very nice. I will be buying this product many, many times more.

on 4/22/2009 3:04:00 PM

I'm a HUGE fan of the Burt's Bees classic lip balm. This one looked interesting enouh and it was tinted a subtle red. I tried it and the 1st thing I noticed was the heavy scent. It was kind of annoying, but It's not as irritating as the honey scented lip balm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root extract, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopheryl acetate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, cinnamomum cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, tocopherol, carmine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROS:
smooth, long lasting hydration

CONS:
scent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will stick with the classic lip balm or the shimmer versions from now on.

on 4/19/2009 8:43:00 PM

I really like Burt's Bees products and this is no exception, except that I really LOVE this particular one ;). Great moisturizer for the lips with just a touch of color. I love it for when I'm working out and not wearing any make up at all, this gives the lips just a natural but better color, perfect! Definitely would repurchase.

on 4/19/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A great balm, feels really nice on the lips, really smooth and moisturising. Not sticky or uber-waxy. Okay, so the smell is a bit weird but not bad. My lips actually crave it. The only problem I have is that I can barely finish a tube because the windy upthing /or product always breaks on me and I can't wid it up to get it on to my lips where its needed.

on 4/18/2009 5:53:00 PM

This is the first lipbalm that I've loved enough to keep up with until it was all gone! Never leave the house without it. Just purchased my second tube.

on 4/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Really great lip balm! Very good at moisturising, as soon as I put this on my lips look and feel great! One of the best lip balms I've tried (and I've tried alot!),so much better than carmex, vasaline etc. Price is totally worth it, i got mine from debenhams for 3.45. The smell isn't too bad, I would recomend this to anyone who has horribly dry lips that crack etc like mine do all the time!

The only negative is i like to wear my lipbalm under lipgloss as my lips are too dry to wear anything on them without a lipbalm, and after a few hours it did start to make a little white layer like some lipbalms do, but it was significantly less that most other ones! And it could just be due to the lipgloss itself!

Popular Lip Treatments