September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I only just discovered dry shampoo and I really adore it. I wash my hair every other day, but need to wash my fringe every day as it gets greasy, usually overnight because there isn't a hair clip or bobby pin in this world secure enough! For years, I've been shampooing it with regular shampoo, which takes time, and can be a bit tedious. Enter this product! It's so easy and quick to just spray and brush out.
While another reviewer has said this doesn't replace a normal shampoo, she's right, but it's incredibly good for 'in the meantime', it definitely buys me extra time before my next proper shampoo.
The only gripe I have, which I suppose isn't a massive deal, is the spray. I don't know whether it's just the two cans I have, but I feel I have to press down on it fairly hard and then it comes out in a massive burst, when I'd prefer a bit more control over how much/how fast the product comes out. As I mostly use Batiste for my fringe, gentle bursts would be great as I've gotten this in my eye and it wasn't pleasant!
Also not a huge fan of the smell (the original), but am going to try the blush version next!

But overall, I love it. It's quick, easy, it works, and the small cans are perfect to fit in your bag when you're out and about. Would be nice if the price was a little bit cheaper, but I guess you can't have it all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for inbetween washes, when you don't NEED to wash your hair but it could use a refresher. Has a light fresh scent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hotmom37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect dry shampoo...there's just no substitute for the real thing. That being said, this stuff is pretty darn good. I have very oily roots and the length of my hair is dry and damaged. My stylist has been begging me not to wash every day but I normally can't stand the itchy, greasy feeling I get by midday if I even skip one day. Batiste dry shampoo makes my scalp comfortable and while my hair doesn't look as full or glossy as after a shampoo, it does look good enough. I love being able to skip a day of further damaging my fine, colored strands. I will definitely keep using this stuff and hope that it works in the summer months as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by PixiesMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hallelujah! I've always had an oily scalp and since I don't often blow my hair out, it gets greasy quickly. I also don't like to shower everyday (I'm a busy, single, SAHM and it just doesn't always fit into my schedule!). Lo and behold when I find out there are many others out there that don't wash their hair every day. This has been a God-send for me! It was the first dry shampoo I ever tried (aside from the Aveda stuff, which I would not categorize as a dry shampoo, it didn't work very well AND it was price even on ebay). Anyway, it works as it should, is great for taking care of oily roots so I can go about my day without feeling gross. I recently ordered the Oscar Blandi from Sephora and I don't like it nearly as well; it's akin to the baby powder I used to use. Batiste is perfect! yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this ages ago, and never really used it much. I'm not one to go long enough without washing my hair that it'll get greasy, but for those days, I'm so glad I have this stuff. It really does help make my hair look clean, and not disgusting. It does have an oddish scent to it(reminds me of grandmas), but if you could get past that, it's an awesome product. I'd also recommend putting this in your hair at nighttime before a day when you intend to go out without washing your hair, since it could look a little powdery at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products that I own that officially has HG status and I am not tempted to try anything else like it. You can shove your Oscar Blandi, Bumble and Bumble Powder etc, Batiste is the dry shampoo for me. I must have gone through about 20-30 cans off this stuff.

I first found out about it about 10 years ago when my mum was ill in hospital and couldn't wash her hair and she got me to get her a can of this to freshen her hair up. Apparently dry shampoo is a really old fashioned thing.

Pros
Dirt cheap (about 2 a can).
Gives you an extra day before you have to wash your hair (for me this reduces amount of heat styling and improves overall condition of my hair).
Sops up slight oliyness on hair, but without leaving hair looking matte and/ or dirty.
Despite being a white spray, doesn't leave a white residue on my dark brown hair once I brush it out. They have recently come out with a brown coloured dry shampoo, which I am going to try out and see if it is worth the extra 30p.

Cons
Doesn't last that long- I get about 6-8 applications per can, but at that price, who cares.
Can leave a white residue on your clothes, however I apply it before getting dressed so this isn't really a con for me.
Very occassionally, I get the odd can where the nozzle jams up and it won't spray.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this for when my hair's getting a bit greasy and I don't have time for a full on bath, but I'm still having a big night on the town. This doesn't leave any white residue or any of the powder left and the smell is as if I've just washed it. Like it very much and if you are an on-the-go girl, then this is definitely for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by martas777

It's ok but it doesn't last long. One use and half of the spray bottle is gone. I could imagine it would be too white (a dandruff like residue) on black hair. I use it only when desperate coz my hair looks kind of flat after this but I guess it's still better than greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kieustar

I like the klorane better as it gave me more volume and seemed to last longer.

Batiste is cheaper and if there was no more klorane ones then i would buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by HannahBoBana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG product right here! I love this dry shampoo, its a saviour on greasy hair days. I wash my hair & on the second day my hair looks greasy, and im sure some of you lovley ladies have the same problem. I apply all over my hair & mainly on my fringe (about 30cm from my hair) and leave it in for about 5-10 minutes. I massage it into the roots, and then slowly brush it out. You may think its a gimic, but actually, your hair looks amazing. I tried this on my brother, who has the most disgusting hair & after it, he looked amazing. He couldn't quite believe it. So he skipped having a shower :D Anyway this is amazingly cheap & its a life saver. I keep a small version in my handbag :)
hannah x