January 28, 2015 | 1882 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sugarysugarcake

The short story is that the product works exactly as described and as I had hoped it would. I like it very much. The long version of my review follows...

I'm on my second can of this product and here's my story:

I have wavy-ish medium length dark blonde totally virgin hair. I can't go more than one day without shampooing; greasy, nasty, smelly hair. I know it's bad to wash every day but...greasy, nasty, smelly hair and all...

I read about this product on a relatively new hair blog that I like very much (hdofblog.com for those interested).

I'm not thrilled with the list of ingredients:
Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Propane, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride

Butane? Distearyablahblahblahlongword? I'm uncertain of the toxicity of these chemicals.

But!

It works. It worked really, really well for me.

My process is this:
I shake, shake, shake the can and spray in short bursts a few inches away from my scalp. I try to hit the actual roots by parting a section then spraying in the part. It does get white/grayish. I let it sit for a minute or two then rub with my fingertips and brush out a little. After the rubbing/brushing, there is no visible white/gray residue.

It has consistently yielded silky, delicious smelling hair with the appearance of having been freshly shampooed and styled. To put it into perspective, here is a scenario from today. Yesterday, I washed my hair then blow dried and flat ironed it straight. I slept on said styled hair and this morning enjoyed a rather rigorous boot camp class. Now, this class was held outdoors in the heat and sun of late July. It was approximately 90 minutes of crossfit/strengh/cardio/core exercise ending with a bit of inspired yoga. To say that I was damp with sweat would be a gross understatement. After the class, I took a shower but did not shampoo. The boot camp-affected hair was, not surprisingly, greasy, nasty, and quite smelly. After a few shots with the hair dryer (just to eliminate any residual "dampness"), I followed the above procedure. The style remains void of any greasiness, nastiness, or funky scalp smells.

I should also mention that I've tried Lulu Organics Hair Powder and the Treseme dry shampoo. The Lulu Hair Powder was not enough to help with second day hair but is a valuable asset in other avenues such as creating a little volume and texture. Treseme...ooh la no. Disgusting results.

The Batiste Original scent is a somewhat artificial lemony fragrance. It's not horrible or wonderful. I cannot comment on the Blush scent as of yet.

The can is rather small for the price (I paid 6.99 USD at my local beauty supply store). The first one I purchased lasted about four weeks with conservative use. Eh.

All in all, I highly recommend the Batiste Dry Shampoo.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. Lately I have been trying to not wash my hair everyday or every other day. My hair gets oily the third day between washing, so I thought that trying a dry shampoo would help. It does get all of the oil out. So it serves it purpose. My only con is that it seems like it will run out fast. I've only used it once but it seems like there is a good bit of product gone. I will update how many uses I get out of it once I use the whole bottle up. But it is cheap, so I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Tropical and I love the scent. Coconut-ish? Yum.

I really like this dry shampoo over others I've tried (f.ex. Toni & Guy) just because I can actually see my hair getting fresher and ''cleaner'' right then and there. It's also great for adding some volume to my straight hair.

It does have a lot of white/gray residue, but I just comb lightly through it and you can't even see it on my dark hair afterwards. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

I have this in "Blush" and I love the scent, though I have had some people complain about how it smells when first sprayed out of the bottle. I don't find that it bothers me though. It is a fairly good dry shampoo, though the bottle is quite small for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great dry shampoo, but it takes awhile to get the hang of it. Spray too close and you'll get gray roots, spray too far and it won't do much. I will update if I find something that's is simpler to use and lasts longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by jananaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I will buy this stuff again and again and again. It has been a lifesaver on all those mornings when I roll out of bed and go... Ohhh noes! and have to scramble to get my act together quick fast and in a hurry. I spray this stuff in pretty generously. Flip my hair over. Brush brush brush. Out the door looking (and smelling) like Iím freshly shampooed, hair dried, and styled. Amazing. Iíve tried a bunch of other dry shampoos ranging from Oscar Blandi to Psssst and this one is my favorite. I like the Blush scent the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by margirl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this...i'm not too crazy about the blush scent (the only one i could find) it's a little perfumy for my taste, but this stuff does what it says...absorbs oil, gives my hair tons of volume, and gets me through a day of not washing. If i even miss one day of not washing my hair, it gets very greasy, and this stuff does the trick...would buy again...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by shoeaholicanon

Recently bought this. Used it for 2 days. Got 4 days out of not washing my hair! Brilliant and LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Samantha1224

I am in love :) I have the kind of hair that must be washed daily or else it looks sooo greasy! Even if I shower at night my hair is looking yucky by like 7pm the next day !! This dry shampoo has totally changed that! I spray this on my second day hair when i wake up, I kind of rub it in then use my 100% natural boar bristle brush to brush it in an take away the whiteness. It literally makes my hair look like it was just washed and blow dried! It is a little expensive for such a small bottle but it saves me so much time not having to wash blow dry and straighten my hair every single day! I got mine from sallys beauty supply for like 6.99 with my sallys card

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I very much wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it didn't work on me. I bought this because I wanted a solution to my hair problem, which is that I don't want to wash it more than once a week, two times at most. The reason for that is that I have relaxed hair and a lot of it, and I like to dry it under a hair dryer. Because it is so much it takes an 1 1/2 hrs to dry it. That and I work out everyday of the week because I want to lose weight (hello 30 day shred & Turbo Jam) so my hair hasn't been looking nice due to sweat.

I hoped this would clean it and save me a lot of hassle I don't have time for. It dried my hair up like nothing else. Made it as dry and hard as straw and made my hair smell like a pig sty. It also made it look chalky and white, and at one point my hair looked like the 18th century version of a ponytail. it also made it difficult for me to style and comb my hair unless I washed it out. So case in point: If this works for you, you are very fortunate, for you have discovered a cheap little jewel. I meant not to bash this product, but rather describe how it worked for me. However, I must warn anyone with ridiculously thick hair (think something between Indian hair , real kinky, nappy hair, & horse hair, naturally, like yours truly ) and very dry, take what I said to thought.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No