April 21, 2014 | 1544 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AbbyAnne

It does what it's supposed to. However if you spray too much, you start to smell all funky then your hair feels all clogged. Idk. It's just weird. If you purchase this, don't use it as a substitute for not washing your hair, that would be a bad mistake. just use it for taking out a little oiliness or adding a bit volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

omg this stuff is awesome!!!! great to use in between washings for greasy, limp bangs to give them volume and fluff! soooo happy i bought this instead of the more expensive ojon or oscar blandi. the smell isn't great but its not strong so its bearable. the packaging is kinda ghetto but who cares if it works right?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by deadmedia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally! A dry shampoo that doesn't cost $25!! And it works just as good! I have curly hair that i straighten, and when i put an hour into straightening it, the last thing i want to do is wash it away the next day. I found this hiding on the bottom shelf of the shampoo isle at Shoppers Drugmart for $8.99...they need to move it up higher because if people knew that there was a cheaper alternative to the other dry shampoos out there it would fly off the shelves!! The smell isn' t the greatest (it smells like Halloween coloured hairspray) but i honestly don't care because it works

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

Hate the smell, but it does mop up grease like magic! It dulls, and on my brown hair, you can definitely tell it looks a little lighter where I spray it, but its a quick fix in emergency situations (like wake up with no time to shower!). I dont like how it smells up my whole room either, but I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, don't even think about whether you should buy this- go and get it now, because it is amazing! Okay so my hair is typical of those who highlight a lot- greasy at the roots and uber dry at the tips. Washing my hair everyday just isn't an option for me because the tips would probably snap off! In comes Batiste. All I do is spray on my roots, rub it in a bit with my fingertips,then brush or comb it out, scrunch it up, and spray with a blast of my favourite hairspray! Et voila, perfect hair! I have naturally ashy blonde hair with a lot of highlights, so I couldn't say whether this makes your hair look lighter or not as I can't tell. One other great thing is the smell, GORGEOUS! The pink can smells great, floral but in a young way sort of sweet and powdery too. The yellow 'tropical' can is beyond amazing, it smells just like holidays- sun tan lotion mixed with coconuts! Also it is sooo cheap taking into account how great it works. Go buy this stuff now, you won't regret it! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jessieheartsmakeup

This stuff is awesome! I love it. I use it in the morning on the day when I dont wash my hair (every 2 days) just to get rid of any greasyness going on and its great! I have the one in the pink container so I think it smells a bit better than the original. I don't understand people who spend loads on the high end dry shampoos when this is here!
Its so good I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

I cannot give up my Pronto Oscar Blandi because I just love the lemony smell of my hair when I use it but this Batiste works just as good (the scent is tolerable). I have 1 in my car & 1 in my locker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MadeasRage

I love this! It makes hair look almost as fresh as if it were washed. The smell is kind of unpleasant, but overall a very good value. Students, especially, might find this a lifesaver ( I do).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Katrinaelef

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I finally caved and bought this stuff. A bit reluctantly because the can looks so cheapy and outdated (ya, I'm a sucker sometimes for marketing...). But wow, amazing product! I just can't believe how inexpensive this stuff is and that it works so well. Left no chalky residue in my hair, smells great, and really sops up oil. Of course, it's not the same as showering (for me anyhow), but it works MUCH bettter than Oscar Blondi by far and 1/4 of the price. My hair is dark brown, fine, and very oily after a day; this Batiste spray works great for me.
I almost forgot to add: if you like your hair very shimmery, this will, of course, leave it not quite as shiny because it mops up all the oil. BUT, sill, it's much much better than other hair powders I've tried and is hardly noticable. However, if you want your hair really shiny but need to use this stuff here's what I do: 1) Use it as directed on can, then... 2)Try misting a squirt or two of Matrix "Color Smart: Reflective Shine Spray" on top (from a distance), then comb through with a natural bristle brush or fine-toothed comb - Viola, good as new and very shiny! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $6 at Pharmasave drug store. I hate when my bangs become 'stringy-looking' at the end of the day so I decided to give this product a try. It is good for freshening up your hair for days when you go out for dinner after work. The oiliness at the roots flatten my hair but this product absorbs the oil, thus bringing back the volume in my hair. However, this stuff can make your hair look MATTE and dull so don't spray it anywhere other than the roots. I don't use this product a lot because I prefer to simply re-wash my bangs: the time it takes to wash my bangs in the sink and blow-dry is about the same time it takes to spray in the dry-shampoo and brush it out. But I imagine this stuff would be especially useful for e.g. camping trips or travelling. This stuff WORKS but won't be repurchasing because (1) it isn't all that useful to me and (2) this stuff sprays white and my hair is black.