October 20, 2014 | 1931 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LizzieMcguire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. I tried Bed Heads dry shampoo and was so dissapointed with it. This dry shampoo did not make my hair feel like it was filled up with gook. It smelled fresh and did the job! It is a great product to have especially in the summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Hannnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a life saver for those lazy days :) I Really like this product,it soaks up all the oil on your hair, so bascially its a refresher. it works well but my hair usually gets greasy again after a few hours. I have the original one, and i don't really like the smell. Theres really nothing else to complain about, I paid about 10$ which wasn't THAT cheap but still affordable. I reccomend, and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the pink Blush version of this. While it's not going to get my hair completely clean (nothing will except actually WASHING it), this is a good option for when you just do not have time. I found that compared to Pssst! and the Oscar Blandi version, this worked really well. But there are a few things that you must do when using this. First, hold the can further away from your scalp, and move the can as you spray. If you hold it too close, and stay in one spot too long, you will get white powder residue that is hard to get out. I lift sections of hair and spray the scalp LIGHTLY. It has a cooling feeling. I let it sit for a minute while I do something else, like brush my teeth, and then massage my scalp a bit to work it in, and then brush it out. I do not go all the way down the length of my hair, that is totally pointless. It's my scalp that gets oily and uncomfortable. So, using it this way, I have gotten very good results from this product. When I take the time to flat iron my hair, I need it to last more than one day!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by xsxcstarx

omg i cant see really what all the hype is about,i was really excited at first about buying this,read many things about this before so thought i would try it as i saw it in my superdrug. i brought the boho one,hated the smell,left a white residue/flakes and made my roots look almost grey! i will defo not be using or buying this product again would just rather wash my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by bonafidebride

HG dry shampoo! I have tried *everything* from Sephora and Blue Mercury stores (try me)... and NOTHING compares to this cheap can of dry shampoo from Sally Beauty Supply. No white residue (take that, Bumble & Bumble!), no crunchiness (so long, Oscar Blandi), and the smell isn't HALF as bad as Ojon. While other cans clog after 2-3 uses (and they all do!), this can stayed true to the end. For around $7, I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing. And repurchasing, and repurchasing...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blech. This is awful. I had both the green can (original and the pink can (blush/scented). While the pink was less offensive and smelled kinda nice, they were both equally awful. They both leave a white cast on my hair, and it doesn't matter if I brush it out. My hair feels filmy and oily afterwards -kinda pointless, I much, MUCH prefer the Blandi powder or even better, the Salon Grafix brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the tropical scented version. It works decently to give the hair volume and make the hair appear cleaner. It did leave a whitish residue on some of my hair but it just made my hair look blonder in those areas. The one thing I've noticed since using this though is my hair is drier and seems frazzled on the ends. I only used the product one time and have shampooed since then. I even used deep conditioner once and my ends are still somewhat dry, so if the dryness was caused by this product then it is best to keep the product as close to the scalp as you can.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the green spray bottle. It gets rid of excess oil from the sculpt decently. I don't like to wash my hair daily so I went on a hunt for instant dry shampoo. This doesn't give me volume back like some have, but it makes my hair less greasy looking. The spray is just like any typical hair spray type. I haven't noticed any grayish/whitish tint after use at all. The thing that kinda bothers me about it is that when I run my fingers through my hair I get a 'powdery' feeling on my hands (even after brushing the product thoroughly through my hair). Overall it's an ok product. I wouldn't use it 2 days in a row though as I find the powdery build up gets annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

i LOVE this product!
smells amazing - great value for money and does the job brilliantly.
if you have black hair like me, needs a lot of rubbing in but well worth it, this is also kinda like hair perfume!
i'm surprised that this is on makeup alley!
i've been using this for almost 2 years!
definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I only just discovered dry shampoo and I really adore it. I wash my hair every other day, but need to wash my fringe every day as it gets greasy, usually overnight because there isn't a hair clip or bobby pin in this world secure enough! For years, I've been shampooing it with regular shampoo, which takes time, and can be a bit tedious. Enter this product! It's so easy and quick to just spray and brush out.
While another reviewer has said this doesn't replace a normal shampoo, she's right, but it's incredibly good for 'in the meantime', it definitely buys me extra time before my next proper shampoo.
The only gripe I have, which I suppose isn't a massive deal, is the spray. I don't know whether it's just the two cans I have, but I feel I have to press down on it fairly hard and then it comes out in a massive burst, when I'd prefer a bit more control over how much/how fast the product comes out. As I mostly use Batiste for my fringe, gentle bursts would be great as I've gotten this in my eye and it wasn't pleasant!
Also not a huge fan of the smell (the original), but am going to try the blush version next!

But overall, I love it. It's quick, easy, it works, and the small cans are perfect to fit in your bag when you're out and about. Would be nice if the price was a little bit cheaper, but I guess you can't have it all :)