December 20, 2014 | 1557 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG highlighter for me. I've been on a long tedious search for an everyday cheekbone/browbone highlighting powder with NO glitter. It has to be a powder because I'm oily, and it has to have no glitter because I work in a professional environment. This is the ideal highlighter for me because it is a beautiful gold shimmer which looks like a soft metallic sheen on my skin, the lit-from-within glow which is non-greasy and most importantly non-glittery. I always finish off my look with this on top of blush. Lasting power is superb and price is good (Cdn$27) considering the amount. I will repurchase this because it gives me the exact effect I want and i haven't been able to find any other highlighting powder that is shimmery sans glitter (strike-outs with MAC msf, MAC iridescent powders, BE all over colors, BB shimmer bricks, Stila all over shimmer powder, MUFE shine on & star powders, Guerlain meteorites, Smashbox soft lights...just to give you an idea of how much $ i've wasted).

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This product looks very plain in the pan (white). However, it looks amazing on. It gives a very soft glow (slightly gold) when it hits the light. This might be my new HG highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i'm having an amazing nars week, i've picked up mediteranee(sp?) eye shadow, nars loose powder, and albatross and all have been phenomenal!

albatross is such a gem though, worn as an eyeshadow it really makes my brown eyes pop and glow. and as a highlighter/blush it makes your skin seem angelic and healthy

i would def. buy again! its so versatile and useful!

ohhh how i love nars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

LOVE THIS! I've been using Stila #9 highlighter but this is more subtle - gentle. I apply this with a skunk brush over my cream blush - it adds a spit shine sheen over my cheeks and add dimension. I never would have thought it would work unless I tried it. It looks bright white in the pan - but really is more of a gold/pearl sheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ingenue

A sheer golden shimmer that gives my face a wonderful glow...I use it as a highlighter on cheekbones (over blush), temples, and nosebridge. Also sweep it on collarbones and cleavage for night...so beautiful! I'm NC35, but it should work well on most skin tones, it's that neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by njohnston

i love this. i have it with the orgasm duo. it's my go-to product. i use it as cheeks, highlighter and eyeshadow. all you need is eyeliner, mascara and gloss and you are good to go!

i have olive skin and the golden shimmer in the albatross is very subtle and complimentary to it. the orgasm is also very subtle on my skin, but isn't that what makeup should be? subtle. just bring out your natural beauty :)

i will def. repurchase when this runs out.

Edited to add: I Just got Mac Vanilla Pigment and the color is identical to Albatross. So, you can do either for the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by chickennuggets23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't a blush. It's a highlighter, and a perfect one at that. It's so multi-purpose. Highlighter, eyeshadow, etc. I think this would look goo on anyone. It's very basic, yet somehow other highlighters don't come close to this in terms of color and lasting power. I'm always very oily in the t-zone area and most highlighters oxidize on me after a few hours but not this one. It stays its true color from the moment I put it on untill the moment I wash it off. It's not sparkly or gritty like some highlighters can be. It's just sheer shimmery goodness. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by coralrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter it is so wonderful. Gives the perfect golden glow that I have been looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The perfect warm golden luminizer for most skin tones. I use this on almost everyone and they love it. this looks so great on my NC50 St tropez skin! I also use it as a highlighting shadow. A great find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am so happy that Nars came out with Albatross! This is very very similar to my HG highlighting eyeshadow, Scott Barnes Lily. Both appear to be snow white in the pan, and both have a slight gold sheen. The only difference is that the ScB e/s is tiny and costs more and is harder to find! Since the two are comparable, I will be getting Nars Albatross from now on. For me Albatross is a dual use product for eyes and cheeks and is well worth the $25!