November 28, 2014 | 848 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by 8hourcream

I loved the look of the rubbery brush - although this idea has already been done by Max Factor - and I was very happy to try the purple hue. The texture of the mascara is nice, the colours is nice - it is a black based hue - but I found that after a few coats, it felt heavy and flaked a little. The brush itself didn't really help my lashes stay separated - this is ok but I think there are better mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by skygirl78

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I have very short fine lashes. This mascara gives me great length and volume. It does not clump or smudge. It lasted me 13 hours while flying. I love it. I do not however love the price. I will buy again though, but I will still search for something less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The moment I tried this mascara on (with the rubbery brush off local Nordie counter) I was totally sold! It is everything I hope in Cover Girl Lash Exact and more: lengthens, separates, volumizes & even makes my lashes look glossy. The difference is in the combination of the brush (the rubbery type) and the formula (this one goes on somewhat thinner than CG Lash Exact, making it clump free). My only gripe is that it does not hold curl that much (about average), so I would give it 4.5 lippie, but this is by far the best high end mascara I tried so far.

Update: I *returned* this mascara back since it turns clumpy on me. I'm not sure why, but no matter what I do, it turns goopy and thick. If I have to pay $26.50 for a mascara, it better performs; otherwise, I'm back to DS mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by suzier

I've converted to this from DiorShow -- can't think of a higher compliment than that. Gives a more separated and sophisticated look, albeit with less volume, than DiorShow -- excellent lengthening mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by fmindikoglu

I loved this mascara. Today I went to a store (I'm in the Netherlands by the way) and experienced Lancome Fatale on one eye and Inimitable on the other. I asked a make up advisor to apply the mascaras since she had a good makeup on her. She poked me in the eye with Fatale 3 times :). As a result, I had dramatic lashes with both of the mascaras (I must say I have naturally long lashes). But Inimitable seperated my lashes more beautifully and curled them (I did not used curler before application) Fatale was a bit clumpy (although she wiped the wand to the tube). They both gave me the same length. Because of the ease of application and curled, seperated lashes, I ended up buying inimitable mascara. I bought it for 21 euros. Formerly I used MAC fibre lash, Chanel cils a cils, Clinique long lashes, high impact, MF 2000 calorie. I only liked MF 2000 among them, but Chanel Inimitable beats it in my opinion. I didn't use MF masterpiece (lashperfect) before so I can't make a comparison unfortunately. Chanel Inimitable gives you long, curled and volumised lashes, believe me. I could quickly cleaned both Fatale and Inimitable by Bifacil. Go out and try both!

UPDATE: I solve the clumping problem by a spoolie, and after Hypnose disaster this mascara is definitely HG, Check out my picture in the profile

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rachesi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I was on the lookout for a dramatic mascara, as I had become disillusioned with Diorshow- after all, getting less than 3 weeks out of such an expensive mascara before it clumped really was not good enough. I have never used a mascara that lengthens and volumises so dramatically- it is far superior to Diorshow. Try this mascara, it really will make your eyes pop!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2006 5:19:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say that although it has all the makings of being a maxfactor ripoff, somehow this really is better.
It really does lengthen and seperate a hell of a lot better than mf, and I will buy again.
Besides, I'd much rather whip out a Chanel mascara than a Max Factor.
I reckon this will be a permanent fixture. I really don't have much luck with mascara, I always buy the latest one from each brand only to be left dissapointed. Having said that this has got to be one of the best ones I have purchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gotta say it takes chutzpah to name this product "Inimitable", when it itself is mostly an imitation of Max Factor's Lash Perfection/Masterpiece. Exact same rubbery-bristled brush, similar creamy-but-not-goopy formula. That said, this is an excellent mascara which lengthens, defines and darkens with no clumping or smearing. My lashes are long, black and very fluttery-flirty with this and remain so for the entire day. Despite the label claim, it doesn't really volumize at all, so look elsewhere for that. The curling claim is partially true...it does curl a little. Can't speak to how it wilts curler curls since I don't use a curler. I got this as a pre-release sample and will definitely use it up, and might even buy it again...assuming I forget the resemblance to Max Factor.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No