April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by machrina

by far the best corrector/highlighter I have ever used. it's easy to use and it works magically, it makes me look like I have slept a whole day. it doesn't set into fine lines which is very important.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by angiexyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say I've been using this for years and panic if I think I'm running out. I have very very fair skin (a whiter shade of pale) and dark dark circles under my eyes and NOTHING works but this. It's not for brown spots or pimples, but for undereye circles I love it. I put a ton on, which ironically works better than using less and just tap it in with my ring finger.

I've tried them all and I keep coming back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I was so excited when I bought this product. But after used it for several times, I was no long impressed. I heard wonderful reviews of this product in magazines and I love YSL golden packaging as always (call me superficial if you want) but this thing, for $40 and 0.1oz. it comes out as a pencil dispenser style, the brush head is not easy or smooth to use, at least not so good compared to my bobbi brown or sephora brand brushes. I got the translucent one to match my fair skin, it matches ok but the coverage is medium, which means it doesn't cover black spots but covers some light brown spots. It doesn't break out my hypersensitive/dry skin. In fact, YSL color makeup line doesn't have bad effects on my sensitive skins, it's one of the very few makeup lines that I can use.(the other is prescriptive, and the rest including EL, clinique, chanel, lancome and etc...all burns my skin or cause horrible break out). It proves that the ingredients are quite gentle.

someone suggested to use it as a highlighter instead of concealer, I'd love to but the color isn't highlighting enough for my fair skin tone. it's a so-so product which I keep it in my makeup bag because I like the golden color, but for the price, it doesn't do the stuff I expect it to do. I guess I'd not repurchase and I'll just keep this one for the sake of it's beautiful gold color. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

Great confortable packaging.
Good if you don't want to use foundation etc. and just want to enlighten your skin.
Be careful, it is not a concealer, so no great coverage in the under-eye area.
The secret:it reflects the light when used in the upper area of your cheeks,slightly down the area you apply an eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is easy to take this little wonder for granted. After trying numerous other brighteners and concealers (most with an unnatural shimmer that is OTT for day wear), I can see why I keep going back to this. It really is a brightener in the true sense of the word. No sparkles, no oil or shine, just a lovely, matte, natural brightening effect that can be moderated with a light dusting of powder. It doesn't set in fine lines and it has very good lasting power. The packaging is excellent - it dispenses just the right amount and the brush is not bad - though I prefer to use a concealer brush or, on spots, to lightly pat it with a finger for an effective camouflage. I've found that it also works well on moisturised lips as a primer/base. I've just purchased Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener and it does not stack up. The latter is nice for a shimmery, 'red carpet' glam look (add it to your stash when you've run out of other products to buy), but it is not in the same league as Touche Eclat as a bona fide brightener, which I consider a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This is a really nice highlighter. I apply it under my eyes, on lip corners and sometimes even as a conceler on small imperfections. Actually it can be used variously.
It has a very light, smooth texute, so the skin won't be hurt or dried out.
Some people are dissapointed with this product just because they expect it to work the same way as conceler. But the packaging says: HIGHLIGHTER.
As a highlighter this product is working good for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a cult product that I was expecting great things from it. Touche Eclat is pretty good for brightening, but as I don't have dark circles under my eyes (the main purpose for the product, according to the SA), I found it has limited uses for me. It works well to highlight the bridge of the nose and area right above the cupid's bow, but I can't use it as a concealer, and have other highlighters I prefer over this. Good thing, I suppose, because for the amount you get it's rather expensive for regular usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello Lover!
I cannot imagine life without this product. This is my HG! I need this to look human and obviously, prettier. This is a concealer/brightener/make-me-pretty product and I use it daily to cover up dark cirkles under/around the eye area. This product brightens and lessens the appearance of dark cirkles, blotchy skin, red marks/imperfections and the like. It is perfect to use on eyelids also to set powder shadow or just even out skintone. Burst blood vessels are no match, it's easy to cover and/or diffuse any type of imperfection with the brush-on, smooth, moisturising formula. One warning is issued; do NOT use on acne or wounds! Bacteria will get into the brush and you'll spread it around. use another product for covering of blemishes and pimples. Would buy it again and again and pray to the God of Makeup they never discontinue this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by missy_c

Lovely product, love the packaging and the texture of the product , it goes on really easily and blends very well. It is not good as a concealer and if very dark circles are present then you' d need to put concealer first, I like applying this over foundation rather than the other way around. I chose a no 2 but it might have been a bit too lite for me and will probably need to purchase no3 for the summer months

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dorisdx

I use it for under-eye only when traveling.
I was told I could use it for any imperfection on my face when I bought it. It's simply not true. It's kinda shiny and has this pinky glow which looks very weird when I try to cover my acne marks w/ it. However it's a wonderful product for under-eye coverage. I have dark circles and I usually use the bobbi brown eye brightener at home. When I travel, this radiant touch works a like a charm cos it's very small, and convenient to carry. It's also very expensive and I don't like the brush that it comes with. Therefore I'll stick with my eye brightener for everyday use and keep this for traveling.