November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont know why people complain about the price of this. Its a luxury brand, and the prices are actually quite comparable to others on the market.

This is the first, the original. People think this is a concealer which it is NOT. Its a brightener. It will conceal, but its more for adding light to areas of the face (under eye, above the brow bone, around the nose and mouth to soften lines).

If you need more coverage find a good concealer and use this on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

I love this product, and the price is why I had to take off a lippie. Before you try or buy, know that it is NOT a concealer. Rather, it's a lovely, sheer yet effective highlighter. I place a few tiny dots at the inner eye after applying my Prescriptives concealer. It does a great job of waking up tired eyes, and I've also found that it adds a touch of glow on my upper cheekbones. I know there are similar products out there, and maybe they're fine too -- but for me, this is the best of the best. In fact, I've had mine for over a year (that's how little is needed if used as directed), so really the price isn't too bad if I look at it for cost per use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice product, but SO not worth the money. I don't have terrible circles, but they can get bad when I'm tired or stressed. Lasts about 4 hours, easy to touch up, but it dries up my under-eye area... sometimes burns when I apply it. I'm more keen to try some of the other products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by irange180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah! The infamous Touche D'Eclat. I first began coveting this alleged "magic wand" after seeing it in countless supermodel beauty bags. the $40 price tag alarmed me, no doubt, but I was determined to get it. And I did. Eventually. This product is excellent at covering redness and blotchiness, especially ideal for acne and it does a very good job covering my dark circles. The most amazing part of Touche Eclat has to be that IT NEVER EVER EVER LOOKS FAKE. Often times when I apply concealer around the eye, I end up looking way too airbrushed, and it is painfully obvious I have made an effort. Not so with this. It is without a doubt the most natural looking concealer I have ever found. But for all its fame and glory, I expected it to really wow me away, and for $40 it sure as hell better be good. That being said, I think this is a very nice product, but there are much better, cheaper, alternatives out there. PF Wanderful Wand, Sephora Light Touch, Givenchy Mister Light. Because when you spend a lot money on a product, it must pay itself back, no?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Kagali

I really wanted to love this as over the years I had read so many wonderful "OMG HG" reviews of this concealer. But alas, it didn't do anything for me. My gripe with it wasn't really that it provides minimal coverage-normally I don't have anything disastrous to cover so that wouldn't be a huge problem for me. But even with eye cream and facial moisturizer this dried out my undereye area and areas on cheeks and on the sides of the nose and amplified this dryness by sticking to every little flake. It looked horribly caked on.

Edit: The gross smell intensified more yet, truly gag-worthy. If I wash the brush end it disappears until the next application so it's really the product that smells, not the "dirt trapped in the brush" or anything like that. Not using this at all any more. If someone comes up with a product that uses this delivery method and is worthwhile I will absolutely try it. I now have a $40 pen that doesn't write. :P

I do really like the idea of the clicky pen, I think that is comfortable to use and gives you good control over how much product you use, but everything else about this sucked. Plus I do notice that after a few weeks this has acquired a sort of odd smell that wasn't there before even though I wash the brush end. Plus for the price I think there are a ton of better concealers that do not dry you out and provide better coverage. I am really disappointed because normally I love everything in the YSL line (especially the lippies mwwwuahhh).

Maybe it would work for someone with really oily skin.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Magster1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this, but ended up unimpressed. It's not really a true "concealer" because the texture isn't thick enough and it didn't really work wonders on my under-eye circles like I was hoping it would. It would probably be good for certain areas if used in conjunction with another, thicker concealer, but I won't be buying this again because it just seems unnecessary. The gold pen-like applicator is pretty cool though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by AngelTea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies, this is a wonder pen, I must say! It does wonders in hiding the dark circles under and in the inner corners of eyes. If tired or deprived of sleep, I use it and look fresh and relaxed as if I had a good day off out of city. It lightens and brightens the problem areas (they are not only under-eye circles, but dark spots and the nostril corners – those areas near the nose base – too) and any imperfections you would like to hide. No. 2 looks very natural (for my very fair skin with cool undertones). The texture is light and it blends easily. A very helpful pen for a modern woman with her hasty regime, lack of sleep and applying makeup on the run:-)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This is a truly fab product. What I love best about it, other than the great coverage, is the fact that its so non-fuss! You can throw this is in your purse, apply quickly and get a flawless look. If I'm going out, or want to retouch my makeup through out the day I just toss my touche eclat, mascara and lipgloss in my bag and am good to go. This covers dark areas seamlessly and actually brightens your face, making you look refreshed and camoflouging baggy eyes. I have heard others complain that the brush smells, but I just wipe it clean with a tissue and haven't had this problem at all. My only gripe is the price, but it is a great product. I have found a cheap substitute in Boots highlighting concealor, but the product doesn't last as long and the coverage is not as good. Still, if you aren't looking to spend the cash on Touche Eclat, Boots will do the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I loove this highlighter. It covers dark circles well. I look well rested and glowing even if I've only had a few hours of sleep. This works well with the radiant brush on foundation. It is quite expensive but definitely worth it and it actually lasts long.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarmouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot understand the hype that surrounds this product. I forked out the money because I have awful dark circles and was desperate for something to cover them. This does NOTHING for the circles. The coverage is too light and the colour doesn't blend into the circles. I think this is good for people who have very slight circles, as an eye brightener, but no way good enough to cover heavy ones. Will not be repurchasing!