October 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Kagali

I really wanted to love this as over the years I had read so many wonderful "OMG HG" reviews of this concealer. But alas, it didn't do anything for me. My gripe with it wasn't really that it provides minimal coverage-normally I don't have anything disastrous to cover so that wouldn't be a huge problem for me. But even with eye cream and facial moisturizer this dried out my undereye area and areas on cheeks and on the sides of the nose and amplified this dryness by sticking to every little flake. It looked horribly caked on.

Edit: The gross smell intensified more yet, truly gag-worthy. If I wash the brush end it disappears until the next application so it's really the product that smells, not the "dirt trapped in the brush" or anything like that. Not using this at all any more. If someone comes up with a product that uses this delivery method and is worthwhile I will absolutely try it. I now have a $40 pen that doesn't write. :P

I do really like the idea of the clicky pen, I think that is comfortable to use and gives you good control over how much product you use, but everything else about this sucked. Plus I do notice that after a few weeks this has acquired a sort of odd smell that wasn't there before even though I wash the brush end. Plus for the price I think there are a ton of better concealers that do not dry you out and provide better coverage. I am really disappointed because normally I love everything in the YSL line (especially the lippies mwwwuahhh).

Maybe it would work for someone with really oily skin.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Magster1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this, but ended up unimpressed. It's not really a true "concealer" because the texture isn't thick enough and it didn't really work wonders on my under-eye circles like I was hoping it would. It would probably be good for certain areas if used in conjunction with another, thicker concealer, but I won't be buying this again because it just seems unnecessary. The gold pen-like applicator is pretty cool though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by AngelTea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies, this is a wonder pen, I must say! It does wonders in hiding the dark circles under and in the inner corners of eyes. If tired or deprived of sleep, I use it and look fresh and relaxed as if I had a good day off out of city. It lightens and brightens the problem areas (they are not only under-eye circles, but dark spots and the nostril corners – those areas near the nose base – too) and any imperfections you would like to hide. No. 2 looks very natural (for my very fair skin with cool undertones). The texture is light and it blends easily. A very helpful pen for a modern woman with her hasty regime, lack of sleep and applying makeup on the run:-)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This is a truly fab product. What I love best about it, other than the great coverage, is the fact that its so non-fuss! You can throw this is in your purse, apply quickly and get a flawless look. If I'm going out, or want to retouch my makeup through out the day I just toss my touche eclat, mascara and lipgloss in my bag and am good to go. This covers dark areas seamlessly and actually brightens your face, making you look refreshed and camoflouging baggy eyes. I have heard others complain that the brush smells, but I just wipe it clean with a tissue and haven't had this problem at all. My only gripe is the price, but it is a great product. I have found a cheap substitute in Boots highlighting concealor, but the product doesn't last as long and the coverage is not as good. Still, if you aren't looking to spend the cash on Touche Eclat, Boots will do the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by patoots30

I loove this highlighter. It covers dark circles well. I look well rested and glowing even if I've only had a few hours of sleep. This works well with the radiant brush on foundation. It is quite expensive but definitely worth it and it actually lasts long.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarmouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot understand the hype that surrounds this product. I forked out the money because I have awful dark circles and was desperate for something to cover them. This does NOTHING for the circles. The coverage is too light and the colour doesn't blend into the circles. I think this is good for people who have very slight circles, as an eye brightener, but no way good enough to cover heavy ones. Will not be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Bunny85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this product its a brilliant highlighter and people are constantly commenting on my eye area , saying all of that i havnt used many other concealer/ highlighter iv used loads of concealers and highlighters separately , and this one out ways them all all by its self.
packaging is nice , bit pricey i may consider trying some copies for a cheaper price ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

Er, im here to atone for my sins cos ive always dissed this product, labelling it as overrated and overpriced. I never expected i would join the club.

My opinions have always been : there are many other copycats and rip-offs of the Touche Eclat like Estee Lauder's, Guerlain's, Clarins, etc, and ive tried them all and i found them all jolly good. I know Touche is the original but sometimes newer copies of the original are done much better.

One day while swapping with a MUAer i decided to just pick this thing as im a concealer queen and i collect them all anyway. So i said, ok, ill just take it. When it arrived i was most delightfully shocked to find that the color 03 was a orangey color. Orangey color is so important for me - any other regular skintone turns my dark circles grey-white. I used it for a few days and it slowly became indispensable. Of all the concealers ive tried, this doesnt have the best coverage but it surely does have the softest texture. My eyes are very dry and in order to cover my dark circles i often have to sacrifice texture for coverage.

In comparison i find that Touche eclat balances opacity and texture quite well. Its not 100% opaque but maybe 80%, but at least it doesnt give me more lines. Its a give and take situation. The brush is easy to use to tackle those corners too.

I suspect im almost running out and im wondering if i can continue my life without repurchasing it. One thing i really hate is the horrible smell like what the other reviewers mention. Im still really reluctant to be a sell-out and join the Touche Eclat club but i have a hunch i will be buying a new pen soon. We'll see how it goes....

/// EDIT: i just wanted to add a note that i agree with one of the reviewers above that it does not ever look fake. touche has the most wonderful texture. and also wanted to add a side note.. i suspect that the formulation of 01 & 02 is different from 03. i have very very very bad back from the dead circles and i find the coverage of 03 substantial. whereas my friend who doesnt have circles half as bad as mine complained that her 02 didnt cover well at all. the diff between 01/02 and 03 is that 01/02 are flesh toned whereas 03 is orange-peachy. for myself, i can only orange-peachy undereye concealers as my circles are really bad. give 03 a try if youre looking for a peachy concealer.. forget about bobbi brown and all the rest.. this is the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have tried, in vain, to cover the dark circles under my eyes for years and years. Concealer just looks thick and gives me an almost purple tone and dry look under my eyes but the YSL Radiant Touch is fabulous. It is light in texture and effective. I usually dab a few dots of it under my eyes, in the corners of my eyes & under my brows. Smooth it in gently, leave to dry for a few minutes, then do the same again, add a light brush of loose translucent powder and it covers brilliantly and also, I think, seems to cover my fine lines (perhaps that's more wishful thinking!!). Although putting too much on has the opposite effect so you can't go mad with it. As other people have mentioned this is not a concealer it will not cover spots. What a difference not having dark circkes makes to your face. I feel so much more confident as I don't look ill or tired anymore!! I had to laugh at 2 comments on here, the old "clickety click" is a happy sound indeed, I agree and I too panick when I think I may be running out! One thing though, the price. It is £25 in the UK ($50) so not cheap but they've got me hooked so I'll keep buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Lususnaturae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift. I didn't realize how revered the product was until I was in Europe and I met many people who "swear" by it. Honestly, it isn't THAT fantastic. I mean, it works.... But its no better than all of the other concealer pens I've used.