October 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't like the smell of the product, but it left my face feeling clean... and it doesn't even leave my face feeling tight! I don't know if it's just me, but it makes my face look more "glowy."

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells fantastic and is a good exfoliator. I actually wish it was more gritty though. Not the best cleanser ever but really nice for something different. Smells of the lavender.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's not bad, but I wouldn't say it's terrific either.

I had really bad acne prone skin and AOBS was what the BA suggested me to use. It had no impact on my face what so ever, so I stopped using it.
A few years later, once i got out of my pizza face phase, i wanted to give it a try again. Still, it had to significant improvement on my skin. I think it's too light to be doing anything to my skin.

I gave it a 4* coz i love LUSH products and I'd choose to use this over any other over the counter cleansers (I'm using Herbalism). And the smell is TO DIE FOR!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by 222tresor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not impressed. I used this product for 1 month. During the first 2 weeks, my skin felt so soft and matt. Then I begin to notice pimple on my neck. I never had pimple on my neck before. I blame it on this cleanser because that's the only that has change in my skin care regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MACai

My sister used this on her sensitive skin and she broke out in hives. When I used it, I didn't break out, but I didn't feel that my face was smoother. So for me, it wasn't worth the price. My sister and I were both disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gentle and leaves your face feeling soft and smooth. I probably won't repurchase because it's a hassle to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Msadams224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG facial cleanser. I have dry skin and if I use this in combination with MAC's moisturelush cream I simply do not get pimples. My skin is hydrated and I just do not break out as long as I am using this product. I use it in the shower so it is easier to mush the product up enough for use on my face. It could be better at removing make-up (I use a make-up remover or wash with Purity if I have make-up on) but I love AOBS and swear by it. It is my secret to clear skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this product (honestly!), but really didn't care for my 1st in-store Lush experience nor the product itself.

The main problem with the cleanser, I feel, is the texture. They have tried so hard to clump/bind the stuff together that in order to create a paste with water, it takes like 30 seconds to mix/mash it up in your hands. Bottom line: It's a lot of work, and I knew in advance it wasn't going to be easy to use.

For cleansing, I thought it was OK, but not fantastic, and overly lavender in fragrance (and I like lavender).

Also, they were trying to sell me everything in the store, and the sales girl (after I asked her to prepare me a small container of the AoBS to buy) used her bare hands to pick up the block of cleanser, slice off a chunk, and then used her hands to put the container in the packaging. Not very sterile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by user1988

I've tried almost all the cleansers from LUSH and this one is one of the harder ones to use. The first few days of using this my jawline started to breakout, after a few days I started using coalface at night for better removal of makeup. The acne along my jawline has since cleared up so it's definitely AOBS that made me break out. The combination of this and coalface together isn't so bad so I'm going to continue to use AOBS to finish it up but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by RainWitch

I used to use Aqua Marina before using this, but I changed because I wanted something a bit scrubbier. This is possibly my perfect product. It has cleared up my combination,acne-prone skin, and my face is now near-perfect.My skin is so much healthier overall, blackheads have shrunk dramatically, spots rarely come up and when they do they last for less time and are smaller! I can walk out of the house with nary a scrap of make up on!

I notice no film of oil left when I rinse my face, but I do follow this with Tea Tree Water, which helps to get rid of a few bits of almonds that float around, and probably takes off the grease. It's packaged in a round black tub that isn't at all flimsy, it's very sturdy and tough imo. If you save up five black pots and take them back to Lush to be recycled they will give you a free facemask!
Lush have now stopped wrapping this product in greaseproof paper (as other reviewers have said), as it attracted moisture and got oily.

I don't understand what other reviewers mean when they say this takes effort! Wet your face with a flannel or something, wet your hands, pinch off a bit, rub your hands together! It doesn't lather because it's not supposed to, it just goes gently creamy. Then just rub your hands over your face! I then wipe most of it off with a flannel and use Tea Tree Water for the rest! Takes like 5 minutes all in people.
The price is 5.14, which I think is quite good. You get a 100g of product., and only need to use a tiny amount.

EDIT: I have now started using this with honey. I scoop a fingerfulof honey into my palm, put a dob of AOBS there, add water and mush it up in my hands, then just spread it over my face as normal. This works really well, honey is antibacterial so kills spots, makes it creamier so it's easy to spread, and of course smells gorgeous!