August 29, 2014 | 998 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by user1988

I've tried almost all the cleansers from LUSH and this one is one of the harder ones to use. The first few days of using this my jawline started to breakout, after a few days I started using coalface at night for better removal of makeup. The acne along my jawline has since cleared up so it's definitely AOBS that made me break out. The combination of this and coalface together isn't so bad so I'm going to continue to use AOBS to finish it up but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by RainWitch

I used to use Aqua Marina before using this, but I changed because I wanted something a bit scrubbier. This is possibly my perfect product. It has cleared up my combination,acne-prone skin, and my face is now near-perfect.My skin is so much healthier overall, blackheads have shrunk dramatically, spots rarely come up and when they do they last for less time and are smaller! I can walk out of the house with nary a scrap of make up on!

I notice no film of oil left when I rinse my face, but I do follow this with Tea Tree Water, which helps to get rid of a few bits of almonds that float around, and probably takes off the grease. It's packaged in a round black tub that isn't at all flimsy, it's very sturdy and tough imo. If you save up five black pots and take them back to Lush to be recycled they will give you a free facemask!
Lush have now stopped wrapping this product in greaseproof paper (as other reviewers have said), as it attracted moisture and got oily.

I don't understand what other reviewers mean when they say this takes effort! Wet your face with a flannel or something, wet your hands, pinch off a bit, rub your hands together! It doesn't lather because it's not supposed to, it just goes gently creamy. Then just rub your hands over your face! I then wipe most of it off with a flannel and use Tea Tree Water for the rest! Takes like 5 minutes all in people.
The price is 5.14, which I think is quite good. You get a 100g of product., and only need to use a tiny amount.

EDIT: I have now started using this with honey. I scoop a fingerfulof honey into my palm, put a dob of AOBS there, add water and mush it up in my hands, then just spread it over my face as normal. This works really well, honey is antibacterial so kills spots, makes it creamier so it's easy to spread, and of course smells gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by maskedlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! It's the best skincare product i've ever used. I ran out of this a few days ago and within a couple of days, all my acne started popping up everywhere. I never relized how much it acutally did for my skin. It's the first product i've used that acutally made my skin really soft and i've grown a liking for lavender because of the pretty scent. After i've washed it off my face feels soft and not overly dry. I think it lasts around a month, maybe a bit more, using around a pea sized amount morning and night. The price is fairly reasonable ( what is it $15-$16?) and whatever packaging it's in it's looked after well ,twice i've had it in two plastic containers and on my last purchase it was just wrapped up in paper ( acutally taken from their magazine "the lush times" which i think is a great idea!)

Ahhhh, i can't wait till i get my hands on it again, looovveee it!! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

This is a pretty good product. It's not overly drying and didn't cause breakouts or anything. It's just a little too much work for me. When I first started using this I was super excited about it and I didn't mind the extra time mixing it into a paste. After a while though, I got tired of it and started squirting a pump of my Philosophy Purity in my palm instead. Also, I didn't like exfoliating my face so often. Now I just use Ocean Salt every 10 days or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

eh, i don't feel any particular way about this product. it is mediocre to me. i don't really feel exfoliated when i use it, nor do i feel exceptionally clean. i just feel like i used a very bland face soap. all i like about this is i guess the gimmick of the product, like mixing it or the smell or texture. i don't mind the preportioned package - i just keep it on a little triangle shelf in my shower and its never gotten water in it. you could pick a more expensive lush product but it's still a little expensive. i like coalface much more for exfoliating and deep cleaning. buyer dont get suckered from aesthetics! LUSH is ultra tricky this way!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. It's perfect for dry skin, it really softens and smooths. I use it in winter time and get great results!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with LUSH. I love this cleaner but I hate the application and the packaging. I find I waste soo much product because I have to scoop it out with my fingers, it falls apart and winds up in the sink. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by guigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have used this product for 8 years and still love it. It's wonderful to use in the morning before doing your makeup, a great primer. Softens and smooths and plumps my skin, leaves it glowing a radiant all day even under makeup. If i forget to use it for a couple of weeks, I notice my skin looks duller and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jamie620

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I began to use this product, I loved it, it made my skin feel very soft and smooth. After using this product for about a month, my forehead and chin broke out in o bunch of nasty bumps. I stopped using AOBS about two weeks ago and the bumps are finally beginning to clear up. I was thrilled to begin with, but became disappointed with the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn`t get this. I don`t think it did anything for my skin. It reminds me of smashing a certain kind of drug in my hands and desperately try to make a paste of it so it`s spreadable, but it just didn`t work. Smells kind of nice, but LUSH has plenty of other goodies which smell good and actually DO something...