December 20, 2014 | 1667 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin, so I wish this could work for me. Made me break out really bad (I usually don't). The smell is bad, but it does go away. Vinegar is very harsh for a lot of people's skin, and it can work well internally. I tried some apple cider vinegar capsules. They help a lot of disorders in the body, but again- vinegar is harsh on the intestines. Use in moderation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by hdevestern

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff totally ROCKS!!! My skin glows, my pores are smaller, zits have left the building (even the stubborn blackheads on my nose have dissappeared), and it seems to firm up loose skin. Have had many compliments on my overall appearance and I think ACV has a lot to do with it. Unlike many of the other reviewers here, I use it full-strength out of the bottle on a cotton pad. Stung a bit at first, but now it doesn't bother me in the least - my skin's pretty tough. Oh, yeah, it does stink! But I find that an application of moisturizer on top will help the smell dissipate. And it's cheap cheap cheap. I strongly urge everyone to try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using ACV about a month ago and LOVE it! I mix about a 1/3 cup of ACV to 1cup of filtered water. I wet a cotton pad to remove makeup then follow with a honey mask. It seems to be working very well, I no longer have that tight feeling and my face feels very smooth, my pores appear smaller and I have a nice glow afterwards. I started out using this without diluting it and that proved to be to strong for me. Oh, and I am using the Hienz acv.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by thedragonflies

When I first read about apple cider vinegar here I thought it was crazy. I've tried antibiotics, Proactiv, and a million other things during my 11 year fight with acne and none of them really worked. But this does!!! It's amazing!! I did get more pimples for the first two weeks but then they cleared up and my skin is better than it has been since I was 10. The smell is bad but you get used to it and it doesn't linger on your face. Try this if you have uncurable acne!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by hot_mama

This worked really well for me, but I had to stop because DH kept complaining about it stinking up the bathroom. If I wasn't so lazy I would try mixing it up with some essential oils, though the smell doesn't bother me. Might try again in the summer, which is when I need a toner anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bobalina

I tried this for a week and my skin broke out in huge cysts all over. The smell was also too much for to take. I used a mix of avc, green tea, lavender in powder form. I'm now using it to clean my dogs ears. My skin is oily to combo. My pores are small everywhere but my nose. I have better luck with alpha hydrox oil free 10%.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by iammew

After one week of stinking (DH not happy with the situation :)), skin is smoother, pores are smaller, no breakouts, which previously I could only stave off with Glycolic Acid. I'm using organic ACV by Spectrum Naturals. Need more time to be my HG but so far so good. Changed my face wash to Ponds Cold Cream which is great! Takes off all my makeup and I scrub it off with a warm washcloth. It leaves a residue but for my dried out sensitive skin it feels nice and moisturized. Then I wet a cotton pad with water and tip the bottle onto the pad twice. So it's really a toner to remove the cold cream and my skin actually doesn't have that dry tight feeling I usually have. I've also been using it on my neck which every once in a while looks a little crepey (yikes!) and I swear it's looking firmer! I've read that skin has something called the 'acid mantle' having to do with the PH of your skin, and that soap can disrupt that. Maybe this, being acidic, leaves your skin with the correct PH? Anyway, after one week I love it and I'll update again later.
*UPDATE* It's about 4 months later and my skin is smooth, flake free, zit free - overall AMAZING. I'll never be without this :-) After reading more about the skins 'Acid Mantle' found that soap and water has a PH of about 12 (alkaline) and skin's natural PH is around 5 (slightly acid). Vinegar has a PH of 3 (acid). Using vinegar as a toner gives your skin back it's naturally acidic PH, which I read protects your skin from bacteria and other irritants because they have an alkaline PH. My skin has always responded well to acid (like glycolic) and I think anything acidic would give the same results. Glycolic was great but expensive and I feel burning/stinging for an hour or more. Vinegar is natural, cheap and if diluted barely burns. What more could you want!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by trustmeonthisone

loving it. totally working for my acne. i use in a spray bottle kept in the fridge. i mixed one part braggs brand acv with one part tea concoction i made with white tea and calendula flowers. it's a stinker but totally worth it. i only use this at night or during the day when i know i'm home all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by reinventingyourexit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

GLOW!!!- That's what my skin does now that I use this stuff. I've been complimented on my skin being glowy, and today I looked in the mirror after I took my makeup off and noticed it myself. Helps keep my skin clear, too. I think I use an Our Family brand of acv, but either way I love it. I use a small spray bottle and fill it about 2/3 with acv and 1/3 with water. I then put in a bit of honey (not much.. but I don't measure it or anything..just put in how much looks right). I've been recommending this to my friend with acne (she's been going to a derm for months and months with no results) and I hope she starts using it soon! Highly recommended!

*note: when you first start using this, you'll probably want to use 1/2 water-1/2 acv (as opposed to the 3/4 acv I use) since your skin needs to get used to the vinegar at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kimstar247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

there is so much to "brag" about with "bragg's" brand acv. this organic acv is the "bombastick" (for a lack of better words). it really makes a difference, in my experience, when using the organic versus the regular non-organic, i.e. heinz, etc. a few months ago, i tried the heinz, and did absolutely nada. i have been using the bragg's brand for a few days now and my skin is glowy, pores are less visible, zits are nonexistent, and it was that time of the month w/ no hormonal breakout, which is a total miracle! bragg's acv is my new bff. =)