October 31, 2014 | 1625 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by k108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I was not impressed by the Apple Cider Vinegar "miracle". I purchased some organic Bragg's at the health food store and figured I would give it try, both externally and internally. I took 1 tsp with a cup of water at lunchtime. When they say "detoxifying" they're not kidding. By the next day, I felt sick as a dog, dizzy and feverish w/ chills, just like I was coming down with the flu. The symptoms lasted about 24 hours. Since I did not actually get the flu, I can only attribute the weird symptoms to the ACV. I also tried it on my face. It made me break out almost immediately and yet made my skin feel dry and crusty. I was surprised to have such adverse reactions to ACV. While it may work for others, it seems a bit to harsh for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

Well I read all the reviews on Bragg's last week and went out and bought a bottle last night. At first I tried just regular vinegar on Friday night and it seemed to work but when I tried the Bragg's last night I could see a difference. I did break out a bit from the regular vinegar but this morning after using the Bragg's the zits I did have were almost gone....AFTER 1 NIGHT!!! This stuff is amazing. I used it on my 14 year old daughter (of couse complained about the smell of feet) she had a zit on her cheek which she has had for about two weeks. This morning she woke up and it had a head full of puss. She also had one on her forhead that was like a cyst which is almost gone too!!!! HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL !!!!!! I BOUGHT IT AT GNC FOR $2.79 TELL EVERYONE....THIS IS GREAT after all the money I spent on my daughter trying to get the right combo!!! Finally. I will update in 1 week and let you know how it is going. OH I made a solution of 1 cup ACV and 1 cup distilled water and only used at night. Update 3 months later: My daughters skin is glowing. She gets so many compliments on her skin. Her acne scars are fading and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

I'm not blown away. I can see that it works to exfoliate, but in the long run I think it is too harsh on skin and I fear it will cause premature aging. It's just too much acid for my sensitive skin. I think it would be interesting to see what all this scrubing and excessive abuse to the skin does in 20 years to a person's skin. I've instead opted for gentle cleaners and moisturizing treatments and have found it has helped my skin.

UPDATE: I think it depends on a person's skin type. I stopped using it and then tried it again and I find that for a one time use it actually works "ok," but if I use this every day, even diluted it DESTROYS my face in the long run. It dries it out like I've never seen. It's too harsh for me. I think everyone's skin responds differently to certain treatments and ACV just doesn't work for my sensitive skin. Hopefully it will work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by FieryLove

I have been using a generic ACV at my local grocery store, and it is wonderful! I started using it the beginning of Aug, so over a month and the results have been awsome. I broke out two the first couple of weeks but I have concluded that this happens because our skin needs to adjust. Most products we buy, especially ones for acne almost always break you out but the more you use it the better it usually gets. This I believe it because yur skin needs to adjust to the knew product you added into your regimen, so yo ubreak out a little but it does subside. I noticed the ACV dries up pimples and leaves no redmark afterwards :) I also ahd this huge brown spot on my right cheek from a Nair products and I had it for 6months. Since using ACV it is almost gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by AprilA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to answer the question in the post below me first, than Ill write about my experience :)
Actually after reading peoples experience about this (on acne.org), and regarding my own experience, alot of people seem to break up during the first 2 weeks of using acv as a toner. I personally broke out in 5(!!!) new pimples during the first 3 days of using it, but about 4 days later, they subsided and went down. So as of right now I've been using it for about 1 week and 1 day, and Im LOVING it! my skin looks PORELESS, I have a faint pink glow on my cheek, and my red marks are fading! OVERALL my skin skin tone looks MUCH better! and all this in just a week! But you never REALLY know how good a product is, until you've used it for 2 weeks (imo) soo I'll shall update in a week! OH YEAH, I'm using a ratio of 1(braggs):2(green tea)! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2006 10:25:00 AM More reviews by cloudninegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've started using this a couple days ago... did anyone notice increased breakouts (a purging stage, perhaps?). I've been breaking out alot more but it also might be near that time of the month (when I usually do break out)... so I'm not sure if I should blame it on that or the ACV. I will take a break from ACV until after my period to make sure.

Just want to get everyone else's feedback regarding the possibility of a purging stage... I really want ACV to work for me! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ButrflyGrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff because while it helps fade old acne marks and seems to even out my skin tone it alaso gave me a ton of pimple. The only place I ever get them is my chin..hormonal acne I suppose but with using this stuff I got them under my nose and on my forehead. I was really hoping it would work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Ori1

OMG! I absolutely cannot believe my skin this morning!!!! And I have only been using ACV since Friday night! Okay a little background on my skin...I am oily and acne prone; very hormonal around the jaw line. I was able to keep my skin under control for a long while taking sprinolactone, but all of a sudden it stopped working for me and I did not want to increase the dose so I stopped taking it all together; which was fine considering I did not really like to take it in the first place (always made me a bit nervous). I starting washing my face with a benzoyl peroxide soap; which also kept my skin clear for a few months and again stopped working..ARGH! I had been experience really deep cystic breakouts around my jawline for the past eight weeks...ouch! Well once again I went on my search for the perfect and ultimate skincare procuct that would heal the situation, but instead I found myself using products that were drying me out horribly and making the situation worse! Last week I started reading about ACV and decided to see if you ladies here at MA had tried it and to my suprise many of you had with GREAT results, well that did it! I was sold and am so glad I've tried it! I cannot begin to tell you how much better my skin looks OVERALL! Not just the acne...It has healed the dry skin and the bumps I had have subsided significantly and some have already altogether healed! My skin overall is SO SMOOTH! I stopped using all of the harsh benozyl peroxide and salicylic acid cleansers and have started using a gentle cleanser followed by the ACV. I do not dilute it. I think everyone should give this remedy a try...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by parmesanlover

I just wanted to thank everyone that contributes their reviews on this board. I have been having such a hard time the last few years trying to get my face back to the way it used to be. I can open my own pharmacy with the amount of products I've purchased that didn't work and are sitting 1/2 full in my bathroom. I have found such comfort here reading that others have the same issues as me and it helps keep me sane in my effort to find the right skincare routine. So my skin: Oily tzone, especially forehead, with dry cheeks and my chin area tends to get very dry with use of certain products as well. Acne , closed white comedones all over my face, blackheads and horrible hormonal cystic acne that will emerge 4-5 days before the event. Most recently on the search again for something, I kept reading about ACV, what the hell is this stuff? AHHHH.. apple cider vinegar. A while back a friend had told me that drinking it helps your digestive system and ph balance, so why not for the face? Well, i love it !!!! It is really helping !!!!! OMG !!!! I love that it is natural and actually the smell is fine for me, way better than the fake perfumy smells in other products, and the smell goes away quick. 1:1: braggs ACV w/ brewed green tea and and some aloe juice. I also learned about the aspirin mask (great!) and honey (great!) I've also been using Kiss my face break out, and washing w/ philosopy purity. these seem to be working for me, too. I woke up this morning, and I swear my stubborn comedones that have been with me now for YEARS!!! are going away.. just going away.. i'm in shock.. i had to write to thank you all !!! It's only been about 3 days, so I will update if anything changes, but thank you thank you thank you!!! **** UPDATE 01-20-07**** well, i did stop using this a while ago.. seemed to dry out my skin and it stopped working for me.. i still keep it around and use occassionally..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by amybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this one lippie because it does NOTHING for my skin. Absolutely no change, not for the better, not for the worse. I might as well not use it. In fact, I think I am finally going to stop!