Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Super harsh stuff here folks! I made my concotions with this based on things I read here...I did the mix involving the 50/50 split of green tea & apple cider vinegar. It burned my skin, made it tight and red. That's about it. I guess I will be making some salad dressings with the rest of this HUGE bottle of organic apple cider I bought : )

on 1/25/2007 10:48:00 AM

This product was a total nightmare for my skin. I have been blessed with overall good skin, but after having to take some gruesome medicines for arthritis, I got some nasty breakouts in my chin area. Nothing would make them go away. In despair I turned to MUA and read all the positive reviews on this acv toner. I had a bottle of Organic ACV in my kitchen and thought I had nothing to loose. I made a mixture of 1/4 ACV & 3/4 mineral water and added some drops of Teatree Oil. Well, it turned out I had a lot to lose. Not only did it do absolutely nothing in my problem area, it totally ruined the rest of my complexion. I read some people spoke about "glowing pink skin". My skin looked more like burned irritated skin. After a couple of days I got the worst breakout possible with big painful zits. Because I sooo wanted to like this product (organic! cheap! positive reviews!) I still didn't give up and hoped I was "purging" like other MUA members mentioned. It was the worst month of my skins (and my) life. In the end a dermatologist convinced me that what I had had absolutely nothing to do with "purging" I was just torturing my skin. It was then that I stopped and allthough the outbreak immediately calmed down, I still have the nasty scars to remind me that this products was BAD for me. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 (or 0 if that was possible) is that I still believe this might work for other people (I mean look at the reviews)..It just definetely didn't work for me. Proof again that no product is for everyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this out on my chin... and the next day I had a huge under-the-skin pimple! And I never get pimples, I just get a bit oily so I wanted to see if this would help. Too bad it didn't. :(

on 1/23/2007 1:33:00 AM

WARNING THIS IS TERRIBLE HARSH STUFF! I am so shocked that this is used on people's faces (and some people don't even dilute it - gasp!). I have sensitive skin and this made me break out in impetigo (blisters) - and yes I diluted it down with purified water! I have never had impetigo before I started using this and I got it numerous times. I cannot stress how terrible vinegar is for your skin if you have sensitive skin (and statistics tell us that 80% of the population have sensitive skin) - it is waaaaay too harsh and breaks down the skin's natural defenses.

Please do not use this - it was the worst recommendation in the world that anyone should try this. The high ph in vinegar may clear your skin, but over time the acidity also breaks down your skin's natural ph balance and ends up leaving your skin vulnerable to infections.

Worst WORST product - if you are curious please DON'T TRY IT!

on 1/19/2007 11:51:00 AM

Smelly! Though it does kind of leave my face feeling toned and "balanced", I haven't seen any dramatic results that have compelled me to use this daily. I keep a bottle under my bathroom sink and pull it out to use on my face maaaaaaaybe once a week. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Not a miracle by any means. I say Yes to repurchase because I might use for a salad dressing in the future.

I have sensitive skin, so I wish this could work for me. Made me break out really bad (I usually don't). The smell is bad, but it does go away. Vinegar is very harsh for a lot of people's skin, and it can work well internally. I tried some apple cider vinegar capsules. They help a lot of disorders in the body, but again- vinegar is harsh on the intestines. Use in moderation.

on 1/13/2007 10:00:00 AM

This stuff totally ROCKS!!! My skin glows, my pores are smaller, zits have left the building (even the stubborn blackheads on my nose have dissappeared), and it seems to firm up loose skin. Have had many compliments on my overall appearance and I think ACV has a lot to do with it. Unlike many of the other reviewers here, I use it full-strength out of the bottle on a cotton pad. Stung a bit at first, but now it doesn't bother me in the least - my skin's pretty tough. Oh, yeah, it does stink! But I find that an application of moisturizer on top will help the smell dissipate. And it's cheap cheap cheap. I strongly urge everyone to try it!!

on 1/2/2007 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I started using ACV about a month ago and LOVE it! I mix about a 1/3 cup of ACV to 1cup of filtered water. I wet a cotton pad to remove makeup then follow with a honey mask. It seems to be working very well, I no longer have that tight feeling and my face feels very smooth, my pores appear smaller and I have a nice glow afterwards. I started out using this without diluting it and that proved to be to strong for me. Oh, and I am using the Hienz acv.

When I first read about apple cider vinegar here I thought it was crazy. I've tried antibiotics, Proactiv, and a million other things during my 11 year fight with acne and none of them really worked. But this does!!! It's amazing!! I did get more pimples for the first two weeks but then they cleared up and my skin is better than it has been since I was 10. The smell is bad but you get used to it and it doesn't linger on your face. Try this if you have uncurable acne!!

on 12/30/2006 8:52:00 AM

This worked really well for me, but I had to stop because DH kept complaining about it stinking up the bathroom. If I wasn't so lazy I would try mixing it up with some essential oils, though the smell doesn't bother me. Might try again in the summer, which is when I need a toner anyway.

Video Reviews & Tutorials