Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 4/4/2007 9:52:00 AM

Well, I had to chuckle when I read the review about one gal's husband thinking she was keeping "weird" stuff in the bathroom. My husband will see a new breakout on my face and say "its all that weird stuff your putting on it, stop doing that!" Well, I love the aspirin mask, honey mask is harmless, even Ive tried washing with powdered milk and what ever else there is. I do not however like ACV at all. The first day or two I thought it was working, but after continued use and more breakouts I decided that this is not agreeing with my skin at all. Not everyones's ph is the same, and I think thats why it works for some and not for others. Whoever it works for, the ACV is probably correcting the unbalanced ph. If it doesnt work, it is more than likely throwing the ph off. Im not sure exactly sure how it works, but thats my theory. Either love it or hate it. Gave middle rating just because of the 50/50 chance that you'll like it.

on 3/26/2007 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it, use it right after my asprin mask. my skin looks great! I use 1/2 ACV, 1/2 green tea, keep it in the fridge and use it whenever i want, cause it is cheap! can be a little drying, but that's good for my oily skin.

on 3/20/2007 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i dilute this with water, and in conjunction with baking soda as a scrub, this combo has almost gotten rid of all of my stubborn acne that has plagued me for ten years. i have super sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and was afraid the vinegar would be too harsh. i was wrong. i am speechless. works great!

on 3/16/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this OK. It definitely stinks but it seemed to balance out my skin. I've recently discovered Frownies Complexion Wash which calls itself a "cider wash" and apple juice is it's second ingredient! So far I love it. All other face washes, no matter how gentle they say they are, dry out my skin. This one doesn't, and my skin seems to get softer and more balanced with each wash. For the record, I have very oily and acne prone skin so we'll see how it helps with preventing the acne. So for everyone that likes the apple cider vinegar, I recommend you try this.

on 2/26/2007 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

although the vinegar is cheap, making the toner isn't really worth the time and the money. i made made mine by diluting equal parts of vinegar and green tea (made with distilled water). i think added a drop of aloe vera gel and a couple of aspirin tabs and stored it in the refrigerator. it seemed really clear up my skin for a couple of weeks, but then my skin started to react again and started breaking out all the time. the breakouts were much less than regular, but i think it was because of the vinegar and over-exfoliation. also.... the smell seemed to last forever. i would put on the toner in the morning and would THINK that the smell went away but was able to smell it again at night when washing my face.

maybe it will work if i just diluted it with distilled water and made a new batch almost everyday, but it's better to use a toner that is known to work (like DDF's glycolic toner). i myself am using AHA 12% souffle. i like it much better.

on 2/24/2007 6:47:00 PM

OMAI GOSE! i can't say enough about this product. I started using it in the summer and my skin looked so healthy and clear. I never attributed the glow and even skin tone i had to this, but when i stopped (since october 2006 it's now feb.) my skin became worse and worse ( i stopped because paula wrote soemthing about vinegar being irritating skin). Now i have been using this for about a week and my skin is calming down again and is all glowy. YAY!

on 2/22/2007 3:01:00 AM

I really loathe this as a toner but i love it as a hair rinse, as a toner this leaves my skin red, dry, itchy, and makes my hyperpigmentation more pronounced. I have diluted this down literally 5 times and i still have the same reaction. However, as a hair rinse it makes it really soft. I gave it 4 lippies because it still seems as though it can help others.

on 2/16/2007 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

meh, this stuff is so so. back when i was totally into holistic skin care, i used to spray this stuff all over my body after washing to balance my ph (i used natural soaps with a PH of 9--this has a PH of 4, balancing my skin back to the normal 6). i even used this stuff in my hair when i used natural shampoo bars in my hair. my hair would be so moist afterward, i didn't need a separate conditioner, nor did i need to oil the length down. now onto my review:i'm sorry, but i'm SO glad i stopped using this all over. the smell is horrendous. on my face, it faded, but everywhere else, i could smell the vinegar, no matter how much i'd rinse afterward. maybe my skin and hair are just TOO absorbant. the smell lingers all day with me. i'd go to bed and in the morning, my husband would tell me i smelled like a salad (as a compliment since he loves salad, go figure). i'd repurchase this again, but only to use on my face. however, until i decide to go holistic and use soap on my skin again, i won't be using this for a long time. 3 rating until then. continued >>

on 2/4/2007 3:09:00 AM

I cannot rate this as a toner but I gargle with this when I have a sore throat
and this stuff is GREAT!!! It really soothes a sore throat, although it burns a bit but I guess that just means its working. It works better than other throat medicines out there.

on 1/27/2007 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Didn't work on my skin, it made me red and dry and brought on a flare up of my eczema. I can see it working for those with less sensitive skin though. I have been using it as a pre-shampoo rinse on my hair, a few tablespoons of ACV to a whole bunch of water (liter-ish). I just run it through my hair and let it sit for a min and rinse out and shampoo as normal. Its actually made a big difference, my scalp is less oily and gets oily longer after washing than it normally would. I've always had shiny hair so I have no idea how its effecting that aspect. Hasn't dried out my hair or anything though. For those who say vinegar isn't clarifying, I know for a fact that it dissolves soap really well and can't imagine why it wouldn't help dissolve build-up on the scalp and hair.

Video Reviews & Tutorials