Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

I started using this 9 or 10 months ago for my acne but I don't think it has helped much. I have worked my way up to using this stuff full strength all over my face but I have not really seen an improvement in my skin. However, I really like this for cleaning my face on the days I don't use cleanser. I have very dry skin and sometimes it is just too dry to use a cleanser on, so I will rub in some olive oil and take it off with warm water and a washcloth then apply this with a cotton ball. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean, and when I use it, I know that all the dirt and fibers from my clothes and towels are gone. I'll keep using this for those benefits, and because it is so dirt cheap, but for acne, I found that Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment works a lot better with my skin.

I've been taking this internally, 2T mixed w/ about 4 oz water, AM and PM. I didn't think it was doing anything except tasting horrible but then I went away for the weekend w/o it and had some new pimples by day 3. My face had been clearing nicely but I attributed that to my new face wash. I had the face wash w/ me on my trip so the only missing part of my regimen was the ACV. So, I guess it is helping clear my skin. Not using it externally b/c I don't want to purge. Took away one lippy b/c- ewww! The price we pay for beauty!

I've never had acne problems when I was a teenager but now in my 20s with stress, lack of sleep and all, my face gets really dry and sensitive and breaks out all the time. I've tried many many facial products that only seemed to make my skin worse, so that I end up throwing everything away and using nothing at all because my skin can't tolerate anything. But the ACV toner has really really helped my skin. I figured out that I have used it for about 4 weeks and now my skin is back to normal! I can also start using all the facial products that my skin was sensitive to 2 months ago. This is really my HG, miracle, and it didn't take any visit to the facialist or dermatologist. I love this stuff! The smell is one thing, but for what it does for my skin, I'll say that its nothing! And btw, I only use it at night, 1:1 ratio with water.

This is fantastic. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures. Although it doesn get rid of acne in a day, i have noticed that they are smaller and less red and irritated. I took a small pill bottle and 1:2 (vinegar to water) or sometimes a little more. I use this after i wash my face at night and before I put on foundation in the morning. I'm trying to get back to basics to this is great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This bottle of ACV had been sitting on my shelves for as long as a year or so?and after reading and hearing stuffs abt e benefits of ACV I decided to give it a shot.well, i din try to use it as a toner cos its too acidic?but i tried using it as a pimple/acne remedy and it helps! E ACV gotta b chilled first. Be sure to wet e cotton balls,squeeze out e excess.Pour e ACV onto e wet cotton ball making sure its not dripping evrywhere! Tear into thin layer and slap it right onto tt dam acne/pimple. Leave it on throughout e night.
ps: eu will experience a mild tingling sensation but it wun cause any irritation. If there is, remove immediately and wash it with clean water.(rarely)
Eu guys can try e EVOO too for make-up remover too! its realli good for all skin type.make sure its organic!
=P
good luck!

I initally did not like this product because it was too strong for my skin. But I finally figure out the right dilution. I added some cucumber, water, and moisturizer so that it is much milder. I use it once in a while in conjunct to aspirin mask. It nicely exfoliates the outer layer of skin leaving baby soft skin to the touch. I have a hard time with the vinegar smell. But other than that, it is a fairly good product reasonably priced, and natural for the skin. This bottle lasts forever. I still have it in my cabinet and it has been over a year!

I only used ACV & Green Tea for a few days (once a day), so I didn't want to affect the rating because I'm confident that if I had kept using it, my skin would have benefited. I found my skin was really dry & it started breaking out. I know I could have just used less often & if I had continued, my skin would have adjusted. I stopped simply because I could not handle the smell! I switched to using Milk of Magnesia as a face primer and am so so incredibly happy with it. PLus there is no smell!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I havent tried this as a toner on my face.... i don't have oily or acne prone skin (altho but i've noticed it has helped w/melasma spots so i may try it on a brown spot i've got & will update)...

BUT.... for your scalp... this has been AMAZING so far. I've suffered w/sporatic dandruff for YEARS... when the weather changes (summer to autumn, autumn to winter especially) my scalp gets p!ssed. It's usually only at the back of my head... but it's frustrating, and uncomfortable and embarrassing...

so I've tried...

jojoba oil.... and ehhh... didnt really do anything for me. i'd say it was soothing, but didn't really alleviate anything for me.

i've tried straight up tea tree & find that more helpful than the jojoba... but not enough to rave about it (and my husband can't seem to STAND that smell at all)...

another product i've tried... the Alterna Hemp Scalp Solution Tonic i thought was AMAZING, but it's discontinued SOOO.....

Apple Cider Vinegar... i purchased the Organic Trader Joe's brand... and placed it in a little spray bottle (travel hairspray bottle size). At nite, I spray the affected areas... till it's well covered or saturated... (the scalp not so much the hair) i twist my hair up... and sleep w/it on. I sometimes i'll wrap a towel around my head till the smell dissipates a bit... and use the towel to protect my pillow because the smell is STRONG (but it does dissipate)... and it stings if you happen to have scratched prior to application...

but i've noticed a significant improvement in my scalp... that has lasted upwards of a week.... in fact maybe longer now that i think about it.

I shower it out in the morning using my normal shampoo (Jingles Tea Tree Rejuventating shampoo that i find happens to also help w/the scalp situation much better than any other tea tree or dandruff shampoo i've ever tried)... a conditioner (this will vary on my mood) and so far i'm REALLY pleased.

I don't feel the scaliness that i'm used to feeling when it's aggravated (i used it last nite) I don't see any flakes flying either... so if all i have to do is this once a week... i'm really pretty HAPPY.

Hope this helps anyone else suffering!
I will update regarding the brown spot (i'm pregnant and can't use ANYTHING really) so we'll see....

UPDATE: The treatment helped the first few times... however the SMELL just couldnt be tolerated after awhile, and neither could the stinging.. I found myself just as irritated and no closer to cleared up after the first successful applications.

I much prefer neem oil & ecco bella exfoliant (i've posted reviews of both)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've only used this for a few days, and I'm already in love!!!! I use 1:1 ratio (ACV in the generic Target brand) with green tea. I have huge pores on my nose and surrounding areas. After the 2nd use they IMMEDIATELY disappeared!!! I wish I took before and after pictures!!

I did do a little bit of research before making this potion. I must say my concern was how long will the mixture keep. Basically if you mix ACV with water...it can keep forever (literally). But if you mix it with green tea or any type of oils, that you should only keep it for a week while being refridgerated. This is because green tea doesn't keep very long. (Ever had just a regular cup of hot tea, and come back a couple of days later...not a pretty picture. I doubt you would want to rub it on your face either!!) I found out that the people who said they broke out more when they started using ACV, and then cleared up was because of the pH level of your skin. Think of this way....you skin is balancing out, so all the bad stuff comes to the surface, and from there you are all good to go.

Also, I'm sure many of the people who use this product have very very oily skin like myself. If you haven't read already... Check out the "Milk of Magnesia" review for solving that treaded shiny greasy face!! I wash my face, use the ACV toner, follow by Biore Shine-Free moisturizer, and then MoM before the make-up!! It all works so many wonders!!! THANKS MUA!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: 3/4/08
I have stopped using this product, the smell got to me after awhile. It's still a great product. I have switched to Aspirin Toner since January, and will never try anything again!! (Read the Reviews)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. I had horribly congested skin and it seemed like nothing would help. My pores were so badly plugged up; the texture of my skin was like sandpaper. I read reviews and decided to give this a try even though I had a high chance of purging. Well, I purged and I purged for 2 months but I continued using Bragg's acv. Most people only experience a week or two of purging which definitely made me want to stop using the acv when I was still purging after week three. I continued using this because my skin was so bad before, I thought more acne now would be worth the smooth skin later. Boy am I glad I stuck with it! I like to mix the ACV with concentrated amounts of Green tea, chamomile tea, and numerous essential oils. Here's a website where you can read about essential oils and tailor a toner that's perfect for your skin. http://www.standinghorse.com/soothingessentials/
I got this site off of Carekate's notepad which also has tons of useful info on DIY skin products.
Enjoy and good luck!