Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 6/1/2007 6:32:00 PM

I've been trying to enjoy the anti-acne/AHA benefits of ACV I've been reading about here on the blogs. Frankly, ACV alone is just too smelly for me to hang with and use consistently. I could smell it on me a day later in the shower. I tried several toners that have ACV in them, but they are just too diluted to be effective. I recently found an infusion online by an herbalist at Soothing Herbals. It clearly smells like ACV, so that's what it mostly is, but the herbals in it, including lavender, calendula, and some witch hazel, leave no smelly residuals. Basically, for anyone who wants a strong ACV solution, but can't stand the smell, this is a great find. I've had positive results clearing current acne, and hope for preventative results also. They even sent me a sample of some herbal cream, which was nice. Fast shipping. Cost is 14$ for 4 oz, but very worth it to me (it lasts a good while since it's concentrated and I use it on a moist cotton ball).

on 5/24/2007 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Unbelievable! This gives the quickest result of any product I've tried. In a matter of days, clarity, brightness and eveness improved, redness and dryness diminished, pore size shrank. I had to stop using it for a week and my skin went back to "usual" but then the MOMENT I applied this anew, the benefits came back! It had no effect on acne, except for making scars fade faster, but I must say this is as close to a miracle product as I have found. I use it straight up without irritation or purging, even, and find that the smell evaporates very quickly. Considering that some have strong positive results in reaction to this and others don't, the toner is probably ideal for people with acne prone skin who use antibacterial products, since this is the sort of thing that would most disrupt the natural acidic barrier and make this step so important. This is just a hypothesis, and I would welcome everyone to try it. One thing is sure, it made a big difference in my skin.

on 5/5/2007 6:55:00 PM

I dilute the Braggs with water and after I wash my face I apply it with a cotton ball and then I cut open an aloe vera gel capsule that I get at GNC and rub it all over my face and neck. I also drink 2 teaspoons of the Braggs in 10 ounces of water twice a day. I sweeten it with some Stevia and it tastes a bit like lemonade to me. I have been stuggling with acne for years now and this has made a HUGE improvement. Not only has it dramatically cut down on my breakouts...it is really helping to even out my skintone and give me a beautiful glow. I LOVE this stuff!

on 4/22/2007 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Last year I noticed brown spots on my cheeks-probably from age, or sun. I couldn't cover it up as foundation made it more obvious, so I thought I would try Bragg's ACV on it. I had read in a booklet all about Apple Cider vinegar that it was great for removing age spots, you were to dab some on the spots with a q-tip, twice a day, and leave on for 10 minutes. It said that it would take several weeks to see results. Well I tried it- please note your skin may turn red at first, either because you put too much, or left it too long. It does get used to it. I thought I had nothing to lose, and didn't really pay attention until possibly 2 months went by. I looked in the mirror and realized my brown spots had completely disappeared. The skin on my cheeks was an even color again. I have always had nice skin and was really upset when it looked like I had dirt on my cheeks. This is a wonderful product for that. I should mention though, that it is not permanent. Sun damage is deep in the skin, and may always be here, but the ACV does a gentle job of fading the brown until it is invisible. You don't need to worry about the skin around it lightening, it only works on the brown. If you find your skin too sensitive, dilute it in water. I would rather use something natural rather than a chemical fading creme. Had this not worked though, I would have tried anything at any cost.

on 4/17/2007 10:06:00 PM

After being overwhelmed with the quick "before" and "after" look of using the aspirin mask, it has encouraged me to do DIY facial products. I am asian, with combination skin, which is incredibly annoying. (Aspirin mask is great, but doesn't really lasts, and makes the skin quite dry after 5 minutes of having "baby" skin) Yesterday, I made a ACV toner, with 3/4 of strong green tea (just put a teabag in some water, and let it rest for a while) and 1/4 apple cider vinegar. My skin pretty much liked it (though I didn't like the smell) and it doesn't make a person break out or anything. Definetely recommened, as it does tone the skin and makes it a bit smoother (I've only used it twice) but when I put on powder foundation this morning, it went on better than ever!!!

on 4/14/2007 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF.

I have very oily skin and tend to have large pores on and around my nose. I also suffered with severe cystic acne for several years which accutane cleared right up, but then left me with red marks aallllll over my cheeks. I dilute the ACV with water and then apply twice a day. The difference really is amazing, my redmarks are fading SO fast it's unbelievable! I went downstairs the other morning with no make up on and my mom thought I was wearing some! Crazy!

To put it into makeupalley terms, this is, like, so totally my HG! : )

on 4/4/2007 9:52:00 AM

Well, I had to chuckle when I read the review about one gal's husband thinking she was keeping "weird" stuff in the bathroom. My husband will see a new breakout on my face and say "its all that weird stuff your putting on it, stop doing that!" Well, I love the aspirin mask, honey mask is harmless, even Ive tried washing with powdered milk and what ever else there is. I do not however like ACV at all. The first day or two I thought it was working, but after continued use and more breakouts I decided that this is not agreeing with my skin at all. Not everyones's ph is the same, and I think thats why it works for some and not for others. Whoever it works for, the ACV is probably correcting the unbalanced ph. If it doesnt work, it is more than likely throwing the ph off. Im not sure exactly sure how it works, but thats my theory. Either love it or hate it. Gave middle rating just because of the 50/50 chance that you'll like it.

on 3/26/2007 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it, use it right after my asprin mask. my skin looks great! I use 1/2 ACV, 1/2 green tea, keep it in the fridge and use it whenever i want, cause it is cheap! can be a little drying, but that's good for my oily skin.

on 3/20/2007 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i dilute this with water, and in conjunction with baking soda as a scrub, this combo has almost gotten rid of all of my stubborn acne that has plagued me for ten years. i have super sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and was afraid the vinegar would be too harsh. i was wrong. i am speechless. works great!

on 3/16/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this OK. It definitely stinks but it seemed to balance out my skin. I've recently discovered Frownies Complexion Wash which calls itself a "cider wash" and apple juice is it's second ingredient! So far I love it. All other face washes, no matter how gentle they say they are, dry out my skin. This one doesn't, and my skin seems to get softer and more balanced with each wash. For the record, I have very oily and acne prone skin so we'll see how it helps with preventing the acne. So for everyone that likes the apple cider vinegar, I recommend you try this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials