November 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bobalina

I tried this for a week and my skin broke out in huge cysts all over. The smell was also too much for to take. I used a mix of avc, green tea, lavender in powder form. I'm now using it to clean my dogs ears. My skin is oily to combo. My pores are small everywhere but my nose. I have better luck with alpha hydrox oil free 10%.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by iammew

After one week of stinking (DH not happy with the situation :)), skin is smoother, pores are smaller, no breakouts, which previously I could only stave off with Glycolic Acid. I'm using organic ACV by Spectrum Naturals. Need more time to be my HG but so far so good. Changed my face wash to Ponds Cold Cream which is great! Takes off all my makeup and I scrub it off with a warm washcloth. It leaves a residue but for my dried out sensitive skin it feels nice and moisturized. Then I wet a cotton pad with water and tip the bottle onto the pad twice. So it's really a toner to remove the cold cream and my skin actually doesn't have that dry tight feeling I usually have. I've also been using it on my neck which every once in a while looks a little crepey (yikes!) and I swear it's looking firmer! I've read that skin has something called the 'acid mantle' having to do with the PH of your skin, and that soap can disrupt that. Maybe this, being acidic, leaves your skin with the correct PH? Anyway, after one week I love it and I'll update again later.
*UPDATE* It's about 4 months later and my skin is smooth, flake free, zit free - overall AMAZING. I'll never be without this :-) After reading more about the skins 'Acid Mantle' found that soap and water has a PH of about 12 (alkaline) and skin's natural PH is around 5 (slightly acid). Vinegar has a PH of 3 (acid). Using vinegar as a toner gives your skin back it's naturally acidic PH, which I read protects your skin from bacteria and other irritants because they have an alkaline PH. My skin has always responded well to acid (like glycolic) and I think anything acidic would give the same results. Glycolic was great but expensive and I feel burning/stinging for an hour or more. Vinegar is natural, cheap and if diluted barely burns. What more could you want!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by trustmeonthisone

loving it. totally working for my acne. i use in a spray bottle kept in the fridge. i mixed one part braggs brand acv with one part tea concoction i made with white tea and calendula flowers. it's a stinker but totally worth it. i only use this at night or during the day when i know i'm home all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by reinventingyourexit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

GLOW!!!- That's what my skin does now that I use this stuff. I've been complimented on my skin being glowy, and today I looked in the mirror after I took my makeup off and noticed it myself. Helps keep my skin clear, too. I think I use an Our Family brand of acv, but either way I love it. I use a small spray bottle and fill it about 2/3 with acv and 1/3 with water. I then put in a bit of honey (not much.. but I don't measure it or anything..just put in how much looks right). I've been recommending this to my friend with acne (she's been going to a derm for months and months with no results) and I hope she starts using it soon! Highly recommended!

*note: when you first start using this, you'll probably want to use 1/2 water-1/2 acv (as opposed to the 3/4 acv I use) since your skin needs to get used to the vinegar at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kimstar247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

there is so much to "brag" about with "bragg's" brand acv. this organic acv is the "bombastick" (for a lack of better words). it really makes a difference, in my experience, when using the organic versus the regular non-organic, i.e. heinz, etc. a few months ago, i tried the heinz, and did absolutely nada. i have been using the bragg's brand for a few days now and my skin is glowy, pores are less visible, zits are nonexistent, and it was that time of the month w/ no hormonal breakout, which is a total miracle! bragg's acv is my new bff. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by k108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I was not impressed by the Apple Cider Vinegar "miracle". I purchased some organic Bragg's at the health food store and figured I would give it try, both externally and internally. I took 1 tsp with a cup of water at lunchtime. When they say "detoxifying" they're not kidding. By the next day, I felt sick as a dog, dizzy and feverish w/ chills, just like I was coming down with the flu. The symptoms lasted about 24 hours. Since I did not actually get the flu, I can only attribute the weird symptoms to the ACV. I also tried it on my face. It made me break out almost immediately and yet made my skin feel dry and crusty. I was surprised to have such adverse reactions to ACV. While it may work for others, it seems a bit to harsh for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

Well I read all the reviews on Bragg's last week and went out and bought a bottle last night. At first I tried just regular vinegar on Friday night and it seemed to work but when I tried the Bragg's last night I could see a difference. I did break out a bit from the regular vinegar but this morning after using the Bragg's the zits I did have were almost gone....AFTER 1 NIGHT!!! This stuff is amazing. I used it on my 14 year old daughter (of couse complained about the smell of feet) she had a zit on her cheek which she has had for about two weeks. This morning she woke up and it had a head full of puss. She also had one on her forhead that was like a cyst which is almost gone too!!!! HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL !!!!!! I BOUGHT IT AT GNC FOR $2.79 TELL EVERYONE....THIS IS GREAT after all the money I spent on my daughter trying to get the right combo!!! Finally. I will update in 1 week and let you know how it is going. OH I made a solution of 1 cup ACV and 1 cup distilled water and only used at night. Update 3 months later: My daughters skin is glowing. She gets so many compliments on her skin. Her acne scars are fading and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

I'm not blown away. I can see that it works to exfoliate, but in the long run I think it is too harsh on skin and I fear it will cause premature aging. It's just too much acid for my sensitive skin. I think it would be interesting to see what all this scrubing and excessive abuse to the skin does in 20 years to a person's skin. I've instead opted for gentle cleaners and moisturizing treatments and have found it has helped my skin.

UPDATE: I think it depends on a person's skin type. I stopped using it and then tried it again and I find that for a one time use it actually works "ok," but if I use this every day, even diluted it DESTROYS my face in the long run. It dries it out like I've never seen. It's too harsh for me. I think everyone's skin responds differently to certain treatments and ACV just doesn't work for my sensitive skin. Hopefully it will work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by FieryLove

I have been using a generic ACV at my local grocery store, and it is wonderful! I started using it the beginning of Aug, so over a month and the results have been awsome. I broke out two the first couple of weeks but I have concluded that this happens because our skin needs to adjust. Most products we buy, especially ones for acne almost always break you out but the more you use it the better it usually gets. This I believe it because yur skin needs to adjust to the knew product you added into your regimen, so yo ubreak out a little but it does subside. I noticed the ACV dries up pimples and leaves no redmark afterwards :) I also ahd this huge brown spot on my right cheek from a Nair products and I had it for 6months. Since using ACV it is almost gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by AprilA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to answer the question in the post below me first, than Ill write about my experience :)
Actually after reading peoples experience about this (on acne.org), and regarding my own experience, alot of people seem to break up during the first 2 weeks of using acv as a toner. I personally broke out in 5(!!!) new pimples during the first 3 days of using it, but about 4 days later, they subsided and went down. So as of right now I've been using it for about 1 week and 1 day, and Im LOVING it! my skin looks PORELESS, I have a faint pink glow on my cheek, and my red marks are fading! OVERALL my skin skin tone looks MUCH better! and all this in just a week! But you never REALLY know how good a product is, until you've used it for 2 weeks (imo) soo I'll shall update in a week! OH YEAH, I'm using a ratio of 1(braggs):2(green tea)! =)