August 23, 2014 | 1373 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Ori1

OMG! I absolutely cannot believe my skin this morning!!!! And I have only been using ACV since Friday night! Okay a little background on my skin...I am oily and acne prone; very hormonal around the jaw line. I was able to keep my skin under control for a long while taking sprinolactone, but all of a sudden it stopped working for me and I did not want to increase the dose so I stopped taking it all together; which was fine considering I did not really like to take it in the first place (always made me a bit nervous). I starting washing my face with a benzoyl peroxide soap; which also kept my skin clear for a few months and again stopped working..ARGH! I had been experience really deep cystic breakouts around my jawline for the past eight weeks...ouch! Well once again I went on my search for the perfect and ultimate skincare procuct that would heal the situation, but instead I found myself using products that were drying me out horribly and making the situation worse! Last week I started reading about ACV and decided to see if you ladies here at MA had tried it and to my suprise many of you had with GREAT results, well that did it! I was sold and am so glad I've tried it! I cannot begin to tell you how much better my skin looks OVERALL! Not just the acne...It has healed the dry skin and the bumps I had have subsided significantly and some have already altogether healed! My skin overall is SO SMOOTH! I stopped using all of the harsh benozyl peroxide and salicylic acid cleansers and have started using a gentle cleanser followed by the ACV. I do not dilute it. I think everyone should give this remedy a try...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by parmesanlover

I just wanted to thank everyone that contributes their reviews on this board. I have been having such a hard time the last few years trying to get my face back to the way it used to be. I can open my own pharmacy with the amount of products I've purchased that didn't work and are sitting 1/2 full in my bathroom. I have found such comfort here reading that others have the same issues as me and it helps keep me sane in my effort to find the right skincare routine. So my skin: Oily tzone, especially forehead, with dry cheeks and my chin area tends to get very dry with use of certain products as well. Acne , closed white comedones all over my face, blackheads and horrible hormonal cystic acne that will emerge 4-5 days before the event. Most recently on the search again for something, I kept reading about ACV, what the hell is this stuff? AHHHH.. apple cider vinegar. A while back a friend had told me that drinking it helps your digestive system and ph balance, so why not for the face? Well, i love it !!!! It is really helping !!!!! OMG !!!! I love that it is natural and actually the smell is fine for me, way better than the fake perfumy smells in other products, and the smell goes away quick. 1:1: braggs ACV w/ brewed green tea and and some aloe juice. I also learned about the aspirin mask (great!) and honey (great!) I've also been using Kiss my face break out, and washing w/ philosopy purity. these seem to be working for me, too. I woke up this morning, and I swear my stubborn comedones that have been with me now for YEARS!!! are going away.. just going away.. i'm in shock.. i had to write to thank you all !!! It's only been about 3 days, so I will update if anything changes, but thank you thank you thank you!!! **** UPDATE 01-20-07**** well, i did stop using this a while ago.. seemed to dry out my skin and it stopped working for me.. i still keep it around and use occassionally..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 1:12:00 AM More reviews by amybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this one lippie because it does NOTHING for my skin. Absolutely no change, not for the better, not for the worse. I might as well not use it. In fact, I think I am finally going to stop!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lani69

When I first read about the apple cider vinegar thing, I thought uck, how smelly, but because of the great reviews and having some in the fridge already, I decided to give it a try. Have been using it once a day for about two weeks now, and at breakfast the other morning, my boyfriend looked at me and said, "You're face is so clear now!" That did it, this stuff rocks!! For HIM to notice, it has to be a big change. Who would've thunk all this greatness in something that we usually just have sitting around to use in the rare recipe or two? If you haven't yet, you MUST try it!! THe smell is horrible, but well worth the results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

True or False? Dabbing on apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball is a good astringent for oily, acne-prone skin.

False. "Vinegar is much too drying to the skin's protective barrier. Plus it stinks!" says Wechsler. "If you want to go the do-it-yourself route, try making your own kinder, gentler toner of 1 part witch hazel to 3 parts water."

This was just on Yahoo today, a review by Dr. Wechsler, dermie. Sad news for me b/c I loved this stuff. Will stop using now b/c the last thing I need is to dry out my skin. WAH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is absolutely amazing! I do NOT use Braggs brand - I just use regular Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar from the grocery store. I mix 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/2 purified bottled water (1:1 ratio), and my skin absolutely glows! Also just FYI ...... Apple Cider Vinegar DOES NOT need to be refrigerated. As long as you mix the vinegar with ONLY water, it does NOT have to be refrigerated because of the high acidity of the vinegar. The high acid content works as a natural preservative. The only time you would need to refrigerate the mixture is if you add a bunch of other perishable ingredients that might spoil (like tea or various oils and/or extracts). But as long as you use JUST VINEGAR & WATER (preferably pure bottled water), you DO NOT need to refrigerate it! Just sit it in a nice, room temperature place in your bathroom or on your vanity, and it will last for years! I looked up this information online to verify, and it is true. A simple mixture of vinegar and water does NOT need refrigeration. Okay ... now that that is out of the way, I just need to emphasize how much my skin GLOWS from using this! My acne has cleared up, and my oily skin has balanced out. It has also seemed to lighten my skin discolorations and age spots. My skin has really improved tremendously, and I am floored that all it took was a $3.00 bottle of apple cider vinegar. After all the expensive toners I have tried, I can't believe I found my HG in something so simple. 10 lippies! :)

40 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by funkgirldeluxe

I have bad adult acne and was using Proactiv to try to combat it. After a year the Proactiv stopped working and the acne came back with a nasty vengence. I read about ACV on the message board and thought I had nothing to lose, my skin wasn't really going to get any worse. Lo and behold, after 1 week of using ACV as a toner I was floored to see the results: clearer skin, acne scars fading, smaller pores, and actually less oily skin too! I was skeptical and went back to the Proactiv - and just as I suspected the acne came back too. So now my routine is to lightly scrub my face with a honey/cinnamon scrub, wash with Spectrojel for oily skin, tone with a concoction of ACV and green tea (1:1 v/v), and moisturize with a BP lotion. I don't mind the smell, which dissipates after a few minutes. But actually I couldn't care what it smelled like as long as my skin was clear!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy that I learned about ACV toner on this website. Most toners I've tried have been irritating to my sensitive skin. When I read about ACV I thought I would give it a try. I dilute the vinegar with water and some vitamin C crystals in a cobalt blue spray bottle. After cleansing I spray this concoction on and it feels so soothing and cooling. I'm sensitive but for some reason the vinegar and vitamin C does not burn. I love natural products and the price is so right. I love it!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rachelanise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product as a toner in the am and pm for the past two weeks and am amazed at how it has changed the quality of my skin. It has reduced shiny patches, cleared any breakouts without irritation and keeps my face smooth--its amazing. I was first using Bragg's without any dilution and in the second week made a concoction of one part green tea and one part Bragg's. I am totally ok with the out of the ordinary scent-it seems to dissipate once it dries and the benefits seem for the long term. My daily process is to wash with a BP cleanser, put on the Bragg's with a cotton round, use 2 drops of Decleor ylang ylang oil afterwards, and after a couple of minutes, I put on some Olay spf 30 complete defense for sensitive skin. At night, I follow all the same steps but instead of putting on sunscreen at the end, I put on the Decleor ylang ylang night balm. This has seemed to be a great purifying and balancing program for my skin and I couldn't be happier!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I really like this stuff. I've been using the clean and clear astringent faithfully for years, so i was hesitant to try anything new. My skin is VERY oily, and I was wondering if the harsh c/c toner and benzo cream was to blame. I mixed 1 part acv to water and have been using it at night after I wash my face. I then apply the c.c benzoperoxide cream. I noticed right away how soft my skin was. Also when I wake up in the morning my skin is usually an oil slick, it's not at all now. I've been using it for two days and am already seeing a difference. My one blemish is gone, my pores seem smaller, and my skin isn't as oily by the end of the day. I'm going to apply it in the morning and see how it works under makeup. So far it's working well, and I can deal with the smell if it has good results. I'm also taking a teaspoon straight before meals as this is supposed to help skin too. My next venture is to use it on my hair. No one will want to come near me with all this vinegar i'm taking!