October 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kaylarenee2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I use the AHA souffle by Alpha Hydrox at night and then this foundation for the day and my skin has never been more clear. This controls oil much better and looks more natural than my EL Doublewear did, and costs way less. I would absolutely recommend to anyone with oily and acne prone skin. I think any reviews that commented on it being too drying were posted by people who don't have oily skin. For me it has been wonderful to stay matte past noon. I will buy this foundation for as long as they continue to make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aimeedemilo

This foundation is great for the price! I haven't tried many other foundations, but the SA reccommended this to me and I really like it. My nose area is my only problem so i only use the foundation in that area, and it fits my skintone so well you can't tell the difference between my nose and my cheeks. It covers well is you apply a bit thicker and it's really easy to blend. I've tried mineral make-up and i have to say that this liquid one is much more natural looking.I'll probably rebuy this when i use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by scoobella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation I have used! I still try others out from time to time, but nothing comes close to this. For oily acne-prone skin it is perfect. Contains salicylic acid and I really think it helps clear my blemishes. I get amazing results using a foundation brush - I don't use much product but it is quite matte and doesn't wear off. I like that it feels quite light but has the staying power of heavy foundations like revlon. Keeps oilies away, I just set with loose powder in the morning and it doesn't need touching-up all day. For night I just use blotting paper or light dusting of powder around t-zone and I'm good to go. Even when I'm concerned I'm getting a bit oily I check in the mirror and it just looks like a lovely glow! Range of shades is limited, I'm at the fair end of the spectrum and used Naked. The bottle frustrates me at times because the opening is so big. Not a big problem though. I don't notice any smell either. I'm yet to find a better product, and the low price is a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by zazzified

I really like this foundation, because it can go on thick or thin, depending on your taste. My only beefs are that it's pricier than regular drugstore brand foundations (around 12 dollars) and doesn't seem to last as long. When it gets to the last few uses worth, it's very difficult to get it out of the bottle and feels somewhat wasted without quite a bit of work. I think it's worth it, though, because it keeps my skin in check without getting greasy.

Another thing is that it occasionally makes my skin feel a little dry and tight. It's always either not enough to really bother me or easily corrected with some lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Steph1820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation. At first, before I put it on, it seemed like it might be a little thick, but once I applied it I liked the consistentcy. It kept my face a little less oily than usual. Good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by suziegurl88

I really like this foundation..it goes on light non greasy..and it heals blemishes its great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

This is an okay product. There's nothing really bad about it, nor anything remarkable. I hate the smell, but that goes away after a while. The consistency is quite thick, and a little goopy. However, for a DS brand, that's to be expected. I needed a cheap foundation that I could wear everyday and that wouldn't break me out. This pretty much gets the job done, otherwise I would've had to shell out $40 for my HG Scott Barnes. The problem with this is that I cannot get the right color. I wear Beyond Beige in Scott's creme foundation and I picked up Sand but it leaves a really weird greyish cast on my face. It's not THAT much of a distraction but you could definitely tell something is a little off because my face is a tad lighter than my neck. Sand is also the most yellow out of the limited selection, so that was the best find I could pull off since I have very yellow undertones. The rest of the colors were either too pink, dark, or orange. If you're an oily skinned gal like me and could find a perfect color match, then you'll be pretty satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by chela12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation. My skin didn't get as oily as it usually does w/liquid foundation. It didn't seem to last as long as I would like though, and I would like a little more coverage. This didn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kkres

My favorite foundation by far. Leaves your skin flawless and it's easy to blend. I got it in beige and the color is very natural. Perfect for the break out prone, and in fact I've found that it has actually improved my skin since I started using it. It also doesn't make my skin oily at all which is a big plus since a have major combo skin. I tried the almay nearly naked foundation and HATED it so much that I was hesitant to buy another almay foundation. Based on the great reviews here I decided to give this one a try and I'm so glad I did because this is the perfect foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jsneff

I got a bottle of this in the old packaging (don't know if the formula is different) for $.99 on cosmeticsandmore.com, and I love it. It doesn't make me break out, and feels like I'm wearing next to nothing. My skin looked flawless in photographs, and the color matches perfectly. The only thing I didn't like is the packaging - the foundation is a bit runny, and the lid wasn't tight enough to keep it from making a mess. So I just poured it into an old pump bottle from Almay's Engergizing foundation - terrible, so good they discontinued it - and the problem was solved. I agree about the powder though - I tried the powder foundation, and it was too orange and crumbled into an orangey mess within a week.