New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

This bronzer is much overhyped. Why do I say this? Because I bought into the hype and purchased two pans (one for backup) when I finally found it at Rexall. I got home and tried it on for contouring, and found it's nothing spectacular. After only two hours of applying this product, my face got super greasy.

So I figured it's probably just my skin acting out that day, right? For the following few weeks, I kept on giving this bronzer 2nd, 3rd, ... chances, and the same thing happened. I guess my skin just really don't like NYC Sunny. The color of this also looked a bit weird on me, it has too much of a red undertone and I'm neutral/yellow undertone.

I will definitely not be repurchasing, since I still have to work through the two I have in stock. I'm not crying over this purchase though, since it's super cheap ($2.99 CAD per pan).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I needed a cheap bronzer to put in my travel bag (I don't like to travel with high-end stuff because my travel kit takes so much abuse) and my current travel bronzer (EL sample of Bronze Goddess) was running low. Of course, I had to try it out at home for a while to see if I liked it, and WOW, this is a really good product that is definitely worthy of the hype. I paid a whopping $2.87 + tax at my local Target. I am an NC25, and this stuff gives me mistake-proof, believable warmth that does not look orange or muddy. It reminds me of my Stila Sun Bronzer - they both look similar in the pan, but I actually like this one more, because I feel I can build the color on my skin a little more easily in a mistake-proof manner. Huge bonus that it is 1/10th of the price. Seriously, this stuff gives my face just enough warmth, I can build it for more color, and it looks totally natural and 100% matte. The only reason why I cannot bring myself to rate it 5 lippies is that the packaging is really terrible. As I said, I bought this to put in my travel bag, but considering how cheap and flimsy the packaging seems to be, I doubt that it would survive even one trip. Seriously, the lid doesn't snap closed fully, and there are huge gaps between the two lids when I do manage to get the latch closed. Totally unreliable packaging for travel, and I wouldn't trust it to carry around in my purse either, for fear of a future giant bronze mess in my bag. But for under $3, I guess I can live with it for home use. Stila Sun just got booted. This is the first NYC product I've ever tried, since I always doubted how good anything from this line could be since everything is so cheap. I may start trying a few other things based on this very good experience. But let me say again - horrible packaging!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on this website for 3 years without writing a single review but I could not stay silent about this product. And not in a good way.

DID I GET A FAULTY BRONZER?! :( I searched very hard for this product because every CVS and Walgreens I went to was sold out of it and I was even contemplating buying it online. When I found it I bought 2 of them and I was estatic!
But I've used this product for a week and this is what I've concluded.

Positives: Cheap.

Negatives: ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE. I hate it when bronzers oxidize into an orangey nasty color. You know what I'm talking about. The packaging is very flimsy, the sponge is useless, the product goes all over the place because it's so finely milled, as the day goes on it becomes splotchy and uneven, and most importantly, IT BROKE ME OUT!!!! I have a bunch of little bumps and pimples on both of my cheek bones and on my forehead. I have come to the conclusion that it is this bronzer because I have broken out in ONLY the places I put this on and I have not changed anything in my skincare nor makeup routine.

So I look up the ingredients.

Talc Alkyl Benzoate Zinc Stearate Calcium Silcate Kaolin Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate Octenylsuccinate Boron Nitride Isopropyl Paraben Isobutylparaben Butyl Paraben Quaternium 15 Mica Titanium Dioxide Iron Oxide Ultramarines Manganese Violet Aluminum Bronze Powder (CI 77400) Tin Oxide

I WISH I HAD KNOWN EARLIER or else I would not have purchased this. This contains Mica and Talc as well as 3 freaking types of Parabens. Yay..... NOT. Ugh I only blame myself though for not checking before I put it on my face. Now I have to suffer the consequences :(

I absolutely love this website so I am hoping this review helps to dissuade all of you lovely girls who are trying to find the perfect bronzer. What I'm going to stick with and what I recommend for NC30 girls like myself is layering a natural matte bronzer such as Benefit's Hoola to contour your nose and cheekbones and going over it with a light hand with something a little more darker such as Nars Casino.. That way it creates more depth and dimension leaving you with a beautiful bronzed face!

Although this product is cheap, the $3 price tag is not worth the sadness of breakouts and all the other products you're going to have to buy in order to heal the breakouts and the scars that they will leave behind. Avoid at all costs.

I didn't think I would like this bronzer at all, since it was only like, four dollars, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite bronzers.
First of all, it's dirt cheap. The packaging isn't amazing, but I don't care at all because it's not breaking or anything. I am really pale and a lot of people don't like this because it's too light for them, but it's the perfect shade for me. I love the fact that this is completely matte, and looks very natural on. My only complaint is the staying power. It doesn't last as long as I would like it to, but there is a little mirror so it's easy to touch up. I really love this stuff I would buy it again in a heartbeat, plus you can't beat the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I hate this product. yes hate is a strong word but what i say is what i mean. it is horrible and now that i am darker in the summer, it doesnt even show up on my skin! To be honest, its more of an all over face powder than it is a brozer. i didnt give it a one because it is okay in the winter. but i bought it for the summer but i guess that 2 dollars is going to a waste.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

hate this product. first, it barely shows up on my tanned asian skin. also, it has talc in it, which a lot of nyc face products do. If youre wondering what exactly talc is, just search up dangers of talc, and you'll see. Conclusion : made with cheap ingredients, cheap packaging, unpigmented color, and pointless sponge.

All things considered; this is a great bronzer at any price with only a few detracting factors--packaging and lasting power.
I found this at Duane Reade in NYC for under 4 bucks--for that price it's well worth a try. The compact is flimsy, copper-coloured plastic with a hinge that feels like it'll break easily but I've been using this for a few months now and so far so good. I also appreciate that it comes with a mirror for easy touch-ups. This is a dry, hard-packed formula that doesn't dust up when you swirl a brush in it, nor does it feel especially creamy, smooth or finely milled. But to its credit, it goes on sheerly with a natural, believable bronze colour--not too orange or brown and completely matte. [For reference, my skintone is Armani LSF #5, Bobbi Brown Sand, Laura Mercier TM in Nude.] On me this gives a warm, slightly bronzed and easily buildable look--not at all dirty or Oompa-loompa-ish. The biggest downside is it's lasting power--on my dry/combination skin I'd say this tends to fade quickly.

A good matte bronzer for beginners. I only use this as a contour powder, and it's decent. The pigmentation isn't super which is good if you're only starting out with make up, but if your skin is fair and you pile this on, it can look somewhat orange. I think the only drawback is the lasting power, because after about 4-5 hours, 30-40% of it is gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i am NW45. dark skinned african american lady. I use it as blot powder over my foundation throughout the day, takes away that shiny oily look. and it is perfect to throw in my purse, i use a powder or kabuki brush to apply a light layer over my t-zones. love it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, this is an amazing contour! so pigmented and great staying power! for under 3 bucks you just can't beat that! Ya the packaging isn't that nice but whats inside is!