New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 7/17/2010 4:29:00 AM

I didn't think I would like this bronzer at all, since it was only like, four dollars, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite bronzers.
First of all, it's dirt cheap. The packaging isn't amazing, but I don't care at all because it's not breaking or anything. I am really pale and a lot of people don't like this because it's too light for them, but it's the perfect shade for me. I love the fact that this is completely matte, and looks very natural on. My only complaint is the staying power. It doesn't last as long as I would like it to, but there is a little mirror so it's easy to touch up. I really love this stuff I would buy it again in a heartbeat, plus you can't beat the price.

on 7/16/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I hate this product. yes hate is a strong word but what i say is what i mean. it is horrible and now that i am darker in the summer, it doesnt even show up on my skin! To be honest, its more of an all over face powder than it is a brozer. i didnt give it a one because it is okay in the winter. but i bought it for the summer but i guess that 2 dollars is going to a waste.

on 7/16/2010 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

hate this product. first, it barely shows up on my tanned asian skin. also, it has talc in it, which a lot of nyc face products do. If youre wondering what exactly talc is, just search up dangers of talc, and you'll see. Conclusion : made with cheap ingredients, cheap packaging, unpigmented color, and pointless sponge.

on 7/10/2010 12:06:00 AM

All things considered; this is a great bronzer at any price with only a few detracting factors--packaging and lasting power.
I found this at Duane Reade in NYC for under 4 bucks--for that price it's well worth a try. The compact is flimsy, copper-coloured plastic with a hinge that feels like it'll break easily but I've been using this for a few months now and so far so good. I also appreciate that it comes with a mirror for easy touch-ups. This is a dry, hard-packed formula that doesn't dust up when you swirl a brush in it, nor does it feel especially creamy, smooth or finely milled. But to its credit, it goes on sheerly with a natural, believable bronze colour--not too orange or brown and completely matte. [For reference, my skintone is Armani LSF #5, Bobbi Brown Sand, Laura Mercier TM in Nude.] On me this gives a warm, slightly bronzed and easily buildable look--not at all dirty or Oompa-loompa-ish. The biggest downside is it's lasting power--on my dry/combination skin I'd say this tends to fade quickly.

on 7/9/2010 11:41:00 PM

A good matte bronzer for beginners. I only use this as a contour powder, and it's decent. The pigmentation isn't super which is good if you're only starting out with make up, but if your skin is fair and you pile this on, it can look somewhat orange. I think the only drawback is the lasting power, because after about 4-5 hours, 30-40% of it is gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i am NW45. dark skinned african american lady. I use it as blot powder over my foundation throughout the day, takes away that shiny oily look. and it is perfect to throw in my purse, i use a powder or kabuki brush to apply a light layer over my t-zones. love it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, this is an amazing contour! so pigmented and great staying power! for under 3 bucks you just can't beat that! Ya the packaging isn't that nice but whats inside is!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my favorite bronzer so far, and it happens to be dirt cheap! i love how it is MATTE with no annoying shimmer. it does not break me out, or make me look oily. awesome!

on 7/8/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this simply out of curiosity since I already was happy with my bronzer stash.

I never see it in my area so when I was out of town I spotted it and grabbed it just for the heck of it for like 3 dollars.

its the best bronzer for its price and its also unique as it is completely matte and decent.

Its a pretty good dupe for Hoola but slightly more orange

I use this as my travel bronzer now.

Recommended if you want a cheap bronzer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is one of my Go-To-Bronzers. If you love matte bronzers, then defiantly try this out, and if you don't like it, losing 2.99 isnt THAT big of a deal.

Yes, the packaging is cheap but what do you expect for something so cheap, AND it comes with a mirror which is nice! Not many bronzers/drugstore bronzers do!

This product is VERY comparable to Benefits Hoola Bronzer, so if you want to pass on that $28 purchase, I would try this out.