September 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by DaisyKatLuv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product knowing exactly what I was going to use it for. It's too light as a contour type bronzer for me but I bought it to give my cheeks a sunkissed not-to-made-up glow.
I am about NC 37 in MAC and Rich Tan in Revlon Colorstay. Sure, the packaging is flimsy but it's $2.99. Even at that it hasn't malfunctioned on me yet. I luv it for the purpose I bought it. It gives a beautiful sunny flush to my cheeks with no shimmer. I wear a little bronzey shadow and liner with a soft gold based lip gloss with this and I'm happy camper. I will definitelly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a good all over matte bronzer, if you want something of a natural glow. You don't want a shimmer in bronzer if you tend to wear shimmery higlighters. I put the bronzer on where the sun would hit the face hence the t zone and cheeks. Well it was no good because i have oily skin it turned the bronzer orange. great bronzer if you have not so oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

So after hearing all the hype I decided to try this and I too like it but can't get as ecstatic about it as many do. This is a simple matte bronzer that is good for subtle contouring. It's more brown than orange and super easy to blend (no dark "I contour!" stripes on light skin). The packaging is flimsy crap that sometimes is hard to close, but it's dirt cheap (less than $4) and made by NYC who aren't exactly notorious for awesome packaging so I guess I can't complain too much about that. I will say though that I have cool toned NC20 skin and I could see this shade being too light or showing up chalky on ppl with tanner/warmer or dark skin. I think this one is more for the medium to pale girls out there and I would probably steer clear if you have darker skin. Hear it's been discontinued which is sad, but I think there are similar products out there and I will survive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Am I the only one who didn't like this product? From all the MUA and youtube reviews, thought it will be great...not really! It's too light, not pigmented at all...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

A very nice bronzer, I especially love the fact that it is matte. It gives me a light bronze finish to my face without making me look crazy. I use this everyday and would recommend to anyone looking for a light bronze finish for their face. It's a great product for the cheap price!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer because is cheap at $2.99, completely matte, and has a nice color. The packaging is the same as the other NYC powders, so it's a little bit of a pain, but it has a nice size mirror which is good, and of course I use a brush of my own instead of the sponge pad provided.

To add to this review I've noticed that this wears badly on me throughout the day! It gets blotchy and gross :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by chocogrrl05

I adore the bronzer. I usually wear sparkly brushes and my favorite high lites are also sparkly so to avoid looking like a glitter ball I was need a great matte bronzer. I'm pale so by bronzer is IMPORTANT. I don't have good check bones so my bronzer is IMPORTANT. This was amazing. It doesn't look orange, cakey, or too dark. Absolutely 100% everyone can use this it wont look silly! (unless of course your skin is darker then this color)

Remember do not over apply over bronzer is gross.

Happy Shopping

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Suuuch a steal when it comes to bronzers! I bought this because of all the hype for it & Im glad I did. It is very light, but I like building up my bronzers. The color is completely matte so no shiny-glittery face! I used it as a blush last time and it came out pretty nice, giving me a healthy glow. It's also a great contour color. And of course the packaging is whack but who cares when the product is great right? I bought a second one for back-up cuz it's supposedly dc but I still see it in stores. Ohh well, just go get yourself one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

Supposedly this product is getting discontinued, so go buy it while you can! I've been looking it for it whenever I go to drugstores and they're always out.. ):

Anyway, this is my favorite bronzer. I hit pan on it today! It gives me a healthy tanned look - not necessarily a glow, since it's matte, but I like that I don't look fake. The only downside is that it can tend to look cakey and orange if you put on too much or with a brush that's too dense. But once you master the art (hah), it looks fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great basic bronzer. Can be used for a light glow or a full on suntan look. I can see this working on a variety of skin tones, and on my fair, freckled skin, it looks great. Five stars for good quality and lasting power, great basic bronzy color w/out visible shimmer or glitter, and a great inexpensive price!