November 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bronzer I've ever used! It's matte, which is really hard to find, and its a great price! I have pretty fair skin and this does not turn orange. The only thing I do not like about this is the packaging. It looks a little cheap, but for only $3 I can look past that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This bronzer is 100% matte and works for those of us whom have fair skin,YES!! I picked this up at Target for UNDER $3!!! I can't get over it.... I have a Mac bronzer and a Clinique bronzer that cost close to $30 each but I never use them. Sunny is just so perfect... matte, no fragrance, it's more on the lighter side so you do not have to worry about applying too much, it goes on nice and even, does not turn orange throughout the day, and it stays put. If you've tried 'em all and have given up on ever finding a bronzer that will work for your fair skin just give it one more try and pick up the NYC Bronzer in Sunny, you won't be sorry. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this bronzer. I have so many ( Cargo, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Nars, Too Faced, Fresh) but always come back to this one. It is so easy to blend and looks so natural. Its a matte bronzer and it doesn't turn orange on me. I like that I can get it as dark as I want to without it looking muddy. I find that with overly pigmented bronzers I have to be very careful when applying and I don't really like that. You can't beat the price either. This is an HG for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by rg1991

I give this 4 lipsticks simply because "Sunny" isn't much darker than my own skin colour right now, but with a fairly good amount, it's great for contouring! I love how it's a matte bronzer, and it's so cheap. For NYC, this is very good.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kellikelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just a basic really cheap bronzer. Its really great if you are on a budget. Its a matte color and you can layer it to get as much color as you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I bought into the hype about this product--cheap thrills! I really had NO expectations about this product....shortly after, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought this @ CVS buy one get one free deal!! Awesome. I picked up two..$2.99 :) Price -- you cannot beat..seriously dirt cheap. It says that it is oil free...and I have crazy oily skin ... I find that it oxidizes very slightly...and does turn SLIGHTLY orange-y. (very mild) For reference, I am NC 30 (yellow/olive complexion). Pigmentation is kinda shitty, so I had to brush into my skin a couple of times to get the color I wanted. It is what it says -- COMPLETELY MATTE! It is so hard to find a matte bronzer esp for drugstores. It gives me such a radiant and sun kissed finished. Texture is OK. Not as finely milled as I would want it to be. I do not intend to use this as a "contour" color at all. But more of a overall bronzer to give my face a nice glow. I am really, really pleased with my purchase. For the price..this is a seriously "bang for your buck deal." For all my light skinned ladies..this is the bronzer for you! Almost reminds me of my high end Bobbi Brown matte bronzer expect at a FRACTION of the price. You will be pleased so pick up at CVS while they have the sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by L7412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a week now. I have medium toned asian skin, so not uber pale but not tanned either. I bought this hoping it would work as a contour for my cheeks.Here are some pros and cons from my point of view:
+Pros:
Super cheap, nice big mirror, matte finish. I actually really like the big mirror, I think I might just carry it around for the mirror! Provides a super soft wash of "tanness" to my skin. Not orange, not brown, not glittery. Good for general addition of colour.
-Cons:
Bad for what I got it for which is contouring. The colour payoff is not very good. I found that if I tried to apply it to the point where I can see the definition I want in contouring, its starting to get a bit cake-y. I'm using an angled blush brush which generally picks up product really well when I use it with my Mac blushes, but doesn't give colour with this NYC bronzer.

Alternate ideas for uses. Since I couldnt get colour payoff with a blush brush, I tried using my dense angled eyeshadow brush. I used it as just a bronze toned eyeshadow and it actually is very nice. Used it on the sides of my nose and that worked pretty well too. So I guess if you want the effect of contouring you need to use a very dense brush, with this bronzer a big fluffy brush isn't going to cut it because the payoff is so low.

Would I buy again? Probably not. I like my makeup to be easy and just work. Having to use many techniques just to get colour to show up isn't worth it even for $3. I like the mirror though. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by babyyypink

The only thing I like about this bronzer is the color.
Everything else I hate about it, It makes me oily, does not last or blend well. But I guess that's what I get for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by eescobal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good matte bronzer...but I'm not that hype about it. I find that I have to keep dipping my brush to get a good amount of pigmentation and I have light medium skin tone. I don't know if it's my brush? or is it the pigmentation problem? And for that, I wouldn't use it for contouring...more for giving my skin a nice "tan". This doesn't make you look orange or rusty. I'd buy again just because it's pretty cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear bronzer on a great deal of my face. I want to have a sun kissed look because I use foundation as a canvas (I am 48 and have skin issues like redness, age spot on one cheek, permanent melasma) and must put some color back into my face. I do not use bronzer for contour. I use another product for that.
Now that I explained how I use bronzer I have to say that this cheap little compact is on par with EL Bronze Goddess Matte Bronzer.
The only difference that I note is that NYC sunny is not as finely milled as EL.
I have a compact of this because I had forgotten to pack my EL when I was moving last year. I intend to keep purchasing it because I much prefer to throw a compact that cost roughly 3.00 bucks into my bag while I'm on the road and going through airports rather than have my EL possibly get damaged.
IMHO, the only difference is the milling of the powder. Otherwise, they perform in much the same manner.