Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 9/11/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i found this sittin in my bathroom i figured why not ive tried damn near everythign else out there. so my skin is relativly good, i dont get pimples n im not dyin to apply lotion to my face all day. but ive got blackheads, and a ton of them. so i had slaped this stuff on, was doing the whole wasing thing, n then just let it sit on my face until i was done w/ my shower... give or take 20 min later... pretty much after the coolin effect stoped, i took it off. at first i was like not bad... my blackheads werent as dark, my pores are noticeably smaller, still noticeable, but smaller then b4, i was just really impressed w/ the way it made the blackheads alot smaller

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product because of the reviews on this website about a month ago and let me tell you, my skin is lookin clearer than ever. I never really got too many break outs, just the occassional zit especially around that time of the month but i had maybe 2 zits in the past month. After using this my skiin feels soft and smooth. I definately recommend this and would buy it again.

on 8/25/2005 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My new choice of cleanser, well for the time being anyway. I originally used it as a mask as I thought this would be too drying for my combo skin if I used it as a cleanser. Beforehand, I had a breakout on my forehead and I'm sure that this has slowly helped it to clear. I'm not fond of the smell but that doesn't put me off. Also, makes the perfect mild exfoliator when mixed with baking soda. My skin had never felt so soft!

on 8/7/2005 11:36:00 PM

My skin rarely breaks out and maybe this is one of the reasons why. I use this once a week or so as a mask/cleanser. It feels SO nice and tingly and doesn't dry my skin out. I'd love to use it more often but am afraid to mess with what works!

on 7/30/2005 5:52:00 PM

Wow, this stuff really works! My skin always breaks out more in the summertime, and this cleared it right up. I only use it as a cleanser, though, not a mask. It's really drying on my skin. Oilier-skinned gals could probably really benefit from this, though. If you can put up with the dryness, this cleanser really zaps zits.

on 7/27/2005 2:53:00 PM

Well... i have used this twice already. once as a mask, once as a cleanser. so far, it has done absolutely nothing, and i think i`m getting more blemishes on my face. this crap doesn`t work NEARLY as fast as all the other MUAers said it would. this was a waste of money, and most importantly- it has done NOTHING GOOD for my skin. it doesn't burn, and it hardly tingles. oh, i used this as a spot treatment, and if anything, my blemish got BIGGER -- not smaller! i will stick with this for the next 2 weeks...and update if any damages, i mean *miracles* result....
[EDiT] *crosses fingers* it`s growing on me...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this because I got a huge pimple on my cheek and was looking for something to help shrink it quickly. I think this helped. I put it on and left it on for about 15 mins, when I woke up in the morning the breakout was significantly smaller. I'm not sure how much I'll end up using this, but for the price I can't complain so far.

on 7/21/2005 11:34:00 AM

I used a little of my BF's last night as a cleanser and this morning as a mask. First off, I do not in any way, shape, or form have sensitive skin (I use AHA, BHA, peels, clay masks, and various other treatments nearly every day on my combo/oily skin and never get irritated, red, broken out, etc.) This stuff, however, did give me a strong tingling/just-this-close-to-burning sensation due to the menthol in it. No visible irritation but it wasn't a totally pleasant experience.

Rant: I am completely against menthol in face products--sure, it feels like the product is doing something when you feel the cool tingling--but it is an irritant that does no good for skin. The menthol is listed fairly low down in the ingredients list, but it still seemed extra-strong to me. When I used it as a mask, my eyes actually began watering up from the fumes.

My face did feel nicely smooth and fresh after using this as a face wash, but I can't imagine using it on a regular basis. It can't be used to remove makeup since you shouldn't get it near your eyes. Plus, it's meant for acne-prone skin (has benzoyl peroxide in it) so it'd be too drying in the cooler months (right now it's very hot and humid and I'm very oily). Avoid if you have dry/sensitive skin. Use with caution if you have oily/acne-prone skin (but even in this case, I think you should just go with a gentler cleanser that you can use all year round--even the acneic can get irritated). continued >>

on 7/13/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have dry, ultra-sensitive skin, but this product works really well for me. i love that cool, tingly feeling and those teeny-tiny scrubbers in this cleanser. it works really well on me too and leaves my skin acne-free and smooth.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

people keep complaining about how it burns their skin.well most of the people who are have sensitive skin and it says right on the label not to use it if you have sensitive skin. otherwise it is a great cleanser,though i havent tried it as a mask yet. so for those people who look at this,dont use if you have sensitive skin, honestly it'll save you the burn.EDIT:used it as a mask and it works nicely. i use it in the shower so it'll be easier to wash off and i think its working perfectly