December 19, 2014 | 1634 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep running back to this over and over and over again. I love the fact that it's a multi-tasking product. You can use it as a cleanser and also a mask. My skin feels so incredibly clean after using this and makes it so smooth. Will repurchase forever (or as long as they keep making it).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Lol-leave it to me to ruin a product's good rating. I guess I'm one of the very few who didn't like this. I think it's too harsh for my skin. I had a few breakouts I wanted to get rid of so I used this as a mask. The next morning, I woke up with a faceful of new breakouts-even in places where I was clear the previous night. I also looked red and blotchy the next day. Oh, and this isn't a one time thing either. I tried it a few months ago and got horrible results. Put it away, tried it again last night, and the same thing happened. This is not a good product for me. I think my skin is just too sensitive for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by candycanesummer

This is my favorite cleanser (I'm oily-skinned and acne prone). I put down that it was a "4" on the price scale because I go through quite a few of these tubes (about 2 a month). But I will never use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by GlisteningStarlights

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry skin but I do get those cystic zits when I get my period. So, I just take dabs of this and put it over the zits and leave it on overnight (just on the zits) and by morning, they're practically gone. This is really awesome and does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I usually don't buy this sort fo st uff for frear is will break me out. But after seeing the rave reviews and knowing that I normally get good results from BP I decided to try it.
I think this has really helped to control my breakouts. I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner as well and then using my Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream and my face has been looking much better.
Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by medsmku

First the bad -- it can be a little drying, and it's a little harder to wash off than some cleansers I've tried. I never use it as a mask because I wind up with dried, cracked sensitive skin the next day. Probably not great for those with dry or sensitive skin. Now the good, no GREAT -- I haven't broken out in a month, including "that time"! I have mild/moderate acne, the kind where there was ALWAYS something cooking on my face. Something would be fading while something else is popping up. This stuff has broken that frustrating cycle. Woohoo! I'm giving it a 5 because the good outweighs the bad by a looong shot =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 2:35:00 PM More reviews by velvetmoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for controlling breakouts! After going through years of once-a-month, on-time-every-time breakouts I was desperate. This reduced a pimple the size of Oregon and no others dared to return. I use as a cleanser on my combination (but not sensitive) skin, once a day; the thick cream makes it a bit difficult to scrub off, but it's worth it. Doesn't seem to do much for blackheads but my face feels completely clean, clean, clean after use! Moisturizer afterwards is a must. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by charmy186

neutrogena's oil-free acne wash stuff didn't really work for me, so i thought i'd give this a try. and i'm happy! my skin is a bit oily around my nose and t-zone, and this cleanser kept it pretty fresh throughtout the day. the mask is very cooling and after washing my face, it leaves my skin super smoooth. i have yet to see what it does for my acne (since i just bought it yesterday). i'm crossing my fingers! but as for the oil-controlling properties/mask, i would definetley re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by debbiesbookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had some problems on my face, pimples on the upper lip and chin area. I used salicylic acid products, mostly Clearasil and other Neutrogena products. These did nothing! I used this, and I swear, in the 2 monthes I've been using, only 4 pimples! Yes, it's that good. Must be the benzoyl peroxide!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive rosacea skin, and this product burned the heck out of my skin!!! I left it on for 3 minutes as a mask. My face was red all day afterwards, even after soaking my face in chammomile tea. Ack! I did try using as just a cleanser, and that was better but still too harsh. I do believe this product would work for those with very oily skin with acne, but for those with combo sensitive skin like me, stay away! I tried this because I do get a few pimples and blackheads. I will stick to masks for sensitive skin from now on!