November 26, 2014 | 1663 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by candycanesummer

This is my favorite cleanser (I'm oily-skinned and acne prone). I put down that it was a "4" on the price scale because I go through quite a few of these tubes (about 2 a month). But I will never use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by GlisteningStarlights

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry skin but I do get those cystic zits when I get my period. So, I just take dabs of this and put it over the zits and leave it on overnight (just on the zits) and by morning, they're practically gone. This is really awesome and does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I usually don't buy this sort fo st uff for frear is will break me out. But after seeing the rave reviews and knowing that I normally get good results from BP I decided to try it.
I think this has really helped to control my breakouts. I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner as well and then using my Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream and my face has been looking much better.
Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by medsmku

First the bad -- it can be a little drying, and it's a little harder to wash off than some cleansers I've tried. I never use it as a mask because I wind up with dried, cracked sensitive skin the next day. Probably not great for those with dry or sensitive skin. Now the good, no GREAT -- I haven't broken out in a month, including "that time"! I have mild/moderate acne, the kind where there was ALWAYS something cooking on my face. Something would be fading while something else is popping up. This stuff has broken that frustrating cycle. Woohoo! I'm giving it a 5 because the good outweighs the bad by a looong shot =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 2:35:00 PM More reviews by velvetmoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for controlling breakouts! After going through years of once-a-month, on-time-every-time breakouts I was desperate. This reduced a pimple the size of Oregon and no others dared to return. I use as a cleanser on my combination (but not sensitive) skin, once a day; the thick cream makes it a bit difficult to scrub off, but it's worth it. Doesn't seem to do much for blackheads but my face feels completely clean, clean, clean after use! Moisturizer afterwards is a must. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by charmy186

neutrogena's oil-free acne wash stuff didn't really work for me, so i thought i'd give this a try. and i'm happy! my skin is a bit oily around my nose and t-zone, and this cleanser kept it pretty fresh throughtout the day. the mask is very cooling and after washing my face, it leaves my skin super smoooth. i have yet to see what it does for my acne (since i just bought it yesterday). i'm crossing my fingers! but as for the oil-controlling properties/mask, i would definetley re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by debbiesbookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had some problems on my face, pimples on the upper lip and chin area. I used salicylic acid products, mostly Clearasil and other Neutrogena products. These did nothing! I used this, and I swear, in the 2 monthes I've been using, only 4 pimples! Yes, it's that good. Must be the benzoyl peroxide!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive rosacea skin, and this product burned the heck out of my skin!!! I left it on for 3 minutes as a mask. My face was red all day afterwards, even after soaking my face in chammomile tea. Ack! I did try using as just a cleanser, and that was better but still too harsh. I do believe this product would work for those with very oily skin with acne, but for those with combo sensitive skin like me, stay away! I tried this because I do get a few pimples and blackheads. I will stick to masks for sensitive skin from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by crazy_beautiful

oOooooh this cleanser makes me wanna dance!! I love the tingly feeling I get after I rinse the product off.. I can feel every one of my pores clean! It has helped me with my break outs and it can be a little drying but nothing good moisturizer couldn't fix. I used to use the neutrogena deep cleaning cleanser and occassionaly switching with the cliniqe foaming face wash, and this has been the most effective cleanser. ^_^ The only part I don't like is when I go to rinse I have to go over it with warm water several times to get rid of it completely.. but I know that's from the "mask" factor you can use it for. I will keep using this unless I find something better. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have moderate to severe acne, this product is worth a shot. This completely clears up my skin. It's too strong for people with mild acne, that may be why it got some bad reviews. But it seems great for people with very oily, broken out skin. I've tried other cleansers after buying this, but this is the only product that keeps my face pretty clear. If I use it twice a day everyday (especially at night), it really controls my moderate acne well! Definitely my HG to always to have on hand. Glad I found it. Highly recommended, and definitely worth at least a try (if it doesn't work, just return it!).