October 21, 2014 | 984 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LHANEMANN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good soap. It doesnīt dry the skin.
Sometimes I get bored of the scent, then I use something different.
But when I use it again I immediatly notice the difference: soft skin.
I donīt use it on my face, but this is the best soap for my back: keep it soft and eliminates break outs.
It does its job, so it gets a five.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG!!!!! I love absolutely everything about this bar. I feel so luxurious and wonderful every time I use it. I've used the original (white), moisturizing (pink), and Nutrium (lavender) dove beauty bars and I love them all, though it might be a toss up between the pink bar and the nutrium for my favorite.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE It!!!!! I have NEVER been able to use bar soap on my body or face, and can only use gentle glycerin soap on my hands because my skin is so dry. I've tried so many types, but none have made the cut, even the expensive french milled versions or the fancy natural types. I've actually even made my own soap in the past and that's the only thing that has ever come close to Dove.

The scent is divine and it leaves my skin silky soft and clean without any kind of filmy residue. I don't feel stripped or dry at all. Dove bars do have a tendency to become melty so I keep my bar in a dry place and not in the normal soap holder in the shower. It lasts quite a long time.

My BF has been a long time bar soap user and has used everything from Lever to Dr Bronners and even he has been converted to Dove. He loves using it as much as I do! His skin is super sensitive and prone to break outs, but Dove works wonderfully on his skin.

I also love using Dove on my face. I have Never ever EVER been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I'm a Cetaphil kind of girl, but for the past couple of months I've been using dove and love the results I've been getting. At night I use Pond's Cold Cream to remove make up then tissue it off and follow with Dove. There's a reason these products have lasted as long as they have. I love the old fashioned scent and feel. So many retro brands (such as Benefit, etc) are extremely popular, but this is the genuine retro product. My skin is radiant and Velvety and I often get compliments on how beautiful my skin is. Granted, genes have something to do with it, but if I don't maintain my skin properly there's definitely a difference. I will use Dove as long as they make it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! I used this years ago and didn't like it because it left a sticky film on my face, and it then led to breakouts. I tried it again now and wow! Left my face soft and with no sticky film. Did they reformulate? It seems like it. It also takes away all my makeup off, even eye makeup. It lasts forever, and is cheap. Way to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried using this, I thought it broke me out... but when my breakouts did not clear up, I realized it was not the cleanser... it was my toner. This doesn't clear acne, but my skin isn't flaky and red for once. I will update... I don't think I have used this long enough to be sure of it's results with acne... but with dryness it has worked wonders for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Why, oh why, do I try to stay from good ol' tried and trues? This works wonderfully, softens and cleans my skin at the same time, and smells soft and clean. Use on my body and my sensitive facial skin. A staple in my household!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Dove is the best bar soap on the market, and it's about $1/bar. Up until 3 weeks ago, when I first used Olivella bar soap, this was the only soap I dared use on my face. It's moiisturizing and smells nice. I mainly use shower gel now, and my husband often uses Dove. I'm giving it 4 Lippies since it can be drying to the face.
Edit: A few months ago I had an acne outbreak. I think it was the changing of seasons (summer to fall) since I could not pinpoint any product that may have caused it. I have used the Dove beauty bar since then and have been acne free since. Wow! I love trying new products, but I will never venture far from Dove again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by terriblebeauty

I love how this is cheap and it works better than high end products for me. High end products never seem to work on me, but this does.

Bar soap cleanses better but dries your skin out more, however that is not a problem if you use moisturizer.

Oh, and a warning. I hear it has almond oil in it, so if you're allergic to nuts, beware of allergic reactions.
Other than that, its a great soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sydneyroxx

OMG! I LOVE this! I have been dealing with acne for 3 years now. I have tried many products, from Proactiv to Neutrogena. Most did not work,or only worked a little,or just made my skin uncomfortable. The only moisturizer I had was Cetaphil,and that made my skin oily/heavy. I read reviews for this soap,so I just said "Screw it.I'm gonna try this". and bought it for $1.09 at my local 99 cent store. Well,I'm glad I did! It's clearing up my acne breakouts well. The best part-I DON'T HAVE TO USE MOISTURIZER! NO MORE OILYNESS! And it's so gentle and I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sd0tbunny

The only soap I use on my body and face! Its helped me nurse my skin back to health when I had painful cystic acne breakouts, and now I use it in conjunction with SSC's Glycolic Cleanser to help keep my acne at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always liked Dove. It's a great cleanser for the body (I don't really use it on my face, I'm too afraid to) It's the creamiest body bar I've ever used, doesn't leave me feeling stripped. I don't buy it all that often since I use a lot of body wash, it leaves the shower cleaner meaning cleaning it less often :) If I had an HG cleansing bar, Dove would be it.