Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

When my mum's derm suggested this for her rosacea prone skin, I decided to try it myself. I have dry skin and this was a nightmare. It left my so skin dry, tight, red, and so flakey. I wasn't sure if it hurt or itched more. A few days of very gentle treatment brought my skin back to normal, but it was definitely an experience I do not want to repeat!

my skin type: dry, somewhat sensitive ppp, prone to product induced pimples but not cystic acne or blackheads.

on 4/24/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can use Dove original white bar on my face with no problems, it doesn't dry me out or make me breakout, the only makeup it doesn't remove for me is mascara (but there's remover for that!). I also use this on my body to change it up once in a while (it also reminds me of my childhood) and it makes me feel very clean...but it has a little added moisture. I personally like the added moisture, my husband does not, he wants that original dry your skin, squeaky clean feeling.

on 4/17/2009 10:22:00 PM

the only soaps i use is this and the dove body washes! they're wicked gentle while still getting you clean, and they moisturize your skin pretty well too. they also smell nice, & not overpowering, and if you don't like scents too much, you can just get the sensitive skin, or original which to me still work just as goood.

This works good on your body, but I always seem to drop it in the shower when it gets smaller and smaller. It lathers alright and keeps your skin moisturized, however I still moisturize after.
But..DON'T USE THIS ON YOUR FACE, it broke me out like crazy, that was 4 months ago and I still have some spots, but mostly acne scars. My skin is combination to oily.

on 4/9/2009 2:20:00 AM

Oh i love this for my skin the small bars I buy are really cute. I use the classic white beauty bar.

on 4/7/2009 10:32:00 PM

I have been using Dove's Beauty Bar for sensitive skin now for quite a while, and it is truly a remarkable soap. I started off using it for my body, but then I used it on my face one day just out of curiousity and it is lovely. Does not leave my skin dry, nor did it me break out once. It leaves my face and body with a continous clean all day and leaves my skin feeling so soft. And with a great and cheap price, this is my beauty secret for life.

on 3/18/2009 9:05:00 PM

I really love the Dove bar. 1st it's NOT a soap... it cleans as well as soap! The scent is classic - Clean, comforting and pure.

I always keep a bar around!! Although I love the scent - I wish they would make different Dove scents. But other than that - this is a classic soap. I love when my DH uses it - it smells really nice!

on 3/18/2009 9:22:00 AM

A doctor recommended this to me when I was having some skin (body, not face) issues. The ingredient list is a mile long and all chemicals. I then went back to an all-natural cold-process soap with goats milk - and one that I can read the ingredient list. (note: I wasn't using this when I saw the doctor, it was after I saw the doctor that I remembered about this soap and then went back to it rather than Dove).

I also get annoyed with their commercials that show the "soap scum regular soap can leave behind" with the naked woman under the black light. Fine print says "artistic dramatization". What are they hiding that they can't just have their product without needing and artist to make another product look bad?

on 3/18/2009 9:14:00 AM

I've had bad acne for about 4 years, I've been to dermatologists, tried countless numbers of products, this is the only stuff that helps my skin. Doesn't irritate it at all and clears up my zits :) I buy the green sensitive bar or the blue unscented bar, both perfect. Definitely recommend !

on 3/18/2009 12:15:00 AM

Love! Love! Love! I've tried so many shower gels and body washes and I always keep coming back to the good old Dove...its efficient, smells clean, and doesn't leave my body dry at all...and it last too, will definately repurchase over and over again.

Popular Gels/Soaps