August 28, 2014 | 893 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sydneyroxx

OMG! I LOVE this! I have been dealing with acne for 3 years now. I have tried many products, from Proactiv to Neutrogena. Most did not work,or only worked a little,or just made my skin uncomfortable. The only moisturizer I had was Cetaphil,and that made my skin oily/heavy. I read reviews for this soap,so I just said "Screw it.I'm gonna try this". and bought it for $1.09 at my local 99 cent store. Well,I'm glad I did! It's clearing up my acne breakouts well. The best part-I DON'T HAVE TO USE MOISTURIZER! NO MORE OILYNESS! And it's so gentle and I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sd0tbunny

The only soap I use on my body and face! Its helped me nurse my skin back to health when I had painful cystic acne breakouts, and now I use it in conjunction with SSC's Glycolic Cleanser to help keep my acne at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always liked Dove. It's a great cleanser for the body (I don't really use it on my face, I'm too afraid to) It's the creamiest body bar I've ever used, doesn't leave me feeling stripped. I don't buy it all that often since I use a lot of body wash, it leaves the shower cleaner meaning cleaning it less often :) If I had an HG cleansing bar, Dove would be it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good everyday use soap bar. Not so drying unlike any soaps out there. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, there is just something odd about this soap that irritates my 'most sensitive parts' - if you know what I mean. It's okay for the rest of my skin, although it needs a lot of rinsing, but when it comes to my 'personal parts' it burns like crazy while I am using it. I wind up rinsing and rinsing and telling myself "why did I do that again?", so I know it's not a one shot deal. This even happens with the sensitive skin formula, so there must be an ingredient Dove uses that just doesn't agree with me, because I use Safeguard, a so-called 'harsher' antibacterial soap down there and have not had the same reaction. Dove stays on the store shelves for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This soap is great. I don't know why people would use it to clean their face though, there are face products for that. I haven't ever had any problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Married2TheChiWhiteSox56

Gorgeous Soap. The Smell is Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Dove is the very best from there Bars to there Body Washes. I Love Dove soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best Bar out there. Not Drying..simply perfect!!!!! and will continue using it!!!!!! :) I LOVE YOU DOVE!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Jamica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Dove soap because it's not drying at all, and the pink soap bars are the best color after the white ones.

I would definitly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by goldenfae

Don't like the filmy feeling after using this. I have to rinse and scrub a lot to feel clean. But it does get me clean. Washes off oils and body odor, which I had a problem with with ivory. Have yet to see if it makes the breakouts on my body worse or not.

Edit: It seems the only way to get any moisturizing power out of this is if you leave the film on your skin. Otherwise, it is fairly drying. My toes feel silky when I wiggle them. But the rest of my body will still need moisturizers since I'm afraid of leaving the film on my acne prone skin. On the positive side, the soap cleans me thoroughly enough to prevent most breakouts and doesn't seem to be causing any either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

This is the only bar soap I buy on a regular basis for my body. It is mild and not drying. I can even use this on my face if I run out of face wash! Works great.