MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 2/25/2004 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is soft and dense... gives a great result! I hate that the bristles are white. I know it's silly, but I feel like it's dirty although I wash it regulary, because after been using it with dark colors it's hard to wash it all off. Oh well, not a big deal.

on 1/11/2004 1:45:00 AM

After years of using, what I now know as, scratchy brushes, I coughed up the $24 to buy this shadow brush. I have to say it was well worth it. It's soft and glides easily. I'm thinking of buying more MAC brushes because I love this one soooo much.

on 11/13/2003 11:35:00 AM

This brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow very precisely. Much like the 213, but more compact in how it was put in the brush. The 213 is more fluffy.Although, I try to use this brush when applying a light colored eyeshadow, due to the white hair as opposed to the brown/black hair in the other brushes, this is a great brush. continued >>

on 10/1/2003 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is an excellent brush for lid work and general eyeshadow applications...i wasn't happy with the 213 or the 242 for applying color to my lid area but this brush deposits just the right amount of pigment and color and doesn't require a lot of work...the hairs are pony and so are white and they feel substantial so it should last me a while...it's $27CDN which is kinda pricy but i fihure good brushes are a in investment so definately check this one out!

on 5/16/2003 12:21:00 PM

If I had to choose only one brush by MAC or only one e/s brush by any brand it would be this one. It's super-soft and can be used to apply e/s all over as well as for the crease area. I wash it regularly and it has never shed any hair. Highly recommended!

on 3/20/2003 5:17:00 PM

This is a great brush! I use it to apply my base shadow and it works perfectly.

on 3/1/2003 4:31:00 PM

I got my husband to pick this one up for me after looking it on the web site. The pics on the MAC website make it look like its on the same scale as the 213 fluff brush that everyone raves about. So I was shocked to see how large it actually was. I have small eyes so it didn't work for me. I like my 228 mini shader better and the 219 pencil brush is divine for crease work. Needless to say, I returned it.

on 12/27/2002 3:35:00 PM

Of all of my 15+ brushes, I must say that I use this one the most! I was flabergasted that someone had not reviewed it yet! I have very small lids and this one is perfect for sweeping the perfect intensity of color across my lids. The hairs are packed pretty tightly allowing the brush to pick up a good amount of color. Even though I have several brushes specifically for contouring, I use this one since its rounded end fits my crease perfectly. I couldn't do without this brush!

Video Reviews & Tutorials