October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mtoy

This is definitely NOT just water in a can. I had my doubts at first but after reading the reviews decided to try it on the annoying redness on the left side of my face. I spray my face twice a day after cleansing, pat it in and let it dry. After doing this for 3 days the redness has faded considerably. Also, normally my face would feel just ok after cleansing but after using the water and letting it dry it is soft, smooth and comfortable. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by aolena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG toner. It calms down my skin right away - just unbelievable! Additionally, it is “all-in-one” multi-purpose product. You have to try it! EDIT (04/28/2006): I still love it and use it. In the summer time it is a "must" product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by GUNNER

Awesone.

Burnt my upper lip from waxing and was red raw, was told to spray this on all day repeatedly, after 3 hours no redness at all, I swear.

I use it daily now to sooth and make makeup dewy.

Amazing product, this is sooooo not just water.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by deborahv

I agree with every comment from the reviewer directly below. I also use it to set makeup, love it and I have tried all of the different brands out there - this is by far the best. I use it for
1) after cleansing like a toner
2) after makeup
3) to freshen up during the day
4) after the gym

This is my FAV skin care product :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by barbre

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Perhaps it's ONLY water, but hey - life begun in the water, our body is mostly composed of water... so there must be something special. No seriously, it's a great product. I tried Avene's and Uriage's, and Avene's is by far better. It's soothing, it hidrates. Although they recommend you to wipe it off, I leave it and apply some moisturizer when my skin is still damp. I use it instead od toner sometimes. Also, it's excellent for fixing make-up. When I have a lot of foundation, concealer and powder, I spray it all over (mind, not too much, it musn't drip) and make-up looks much more natural and dewy. The result is amazing! I didn't get same results with Uriage. Highly recommended! Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Hecate21

this water is magic! I was a little skeptical when I got the sample of it... but OMG its works better then any moisturizing cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yep, it's water. This hasn't done anything that a splash of tap water wouldn't do. A complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 8:54:00 AM More reviews by twinkley88

I love this product. A friend of mine recomended it for me and I decided to buy it. I am very glad I did! It's a great product and really makes skin less red and flacky. Works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by rupster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hmm... how to start? Yeah, so this is water-in-a-can. Pretty expensive water-in-a-can too. However, in certain situations, I would rather sacrfice my right arm than go without it. I do not us this product on a daily basis, so I cannot testify to how it works as a regular part of a beauty regimen. However, as an essential part of a carry-on bag, I can speak from first hand experience. Anyone who frequently travels by plane will understand the effects that pressurized cabin air can have on ones skin. After a flight of 5 hours or more, most people come out looking like a corpse. However, when lightly sprayed on the face, neck and hands, Avene Thermal Water replenishes the lost moisture leaving the skin soft and refreshed. That is why I walk off the plane looking ready for a night on the town, whilst everyone else looks like they need 14 hours of bed rest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

I'm prone to skin rash, and when it's on my face, I'll have to suffer through a peeling stage before everything goes back to normal. A charity fundraiser walk under the hot sun (even with a baseball cap) triggered some lovely patches of rash around my temples. I was at a loss as to how to put a stop to it. At my local London Drugs, all Avene products were and still are 20% off. Out of desperation I bought the 50ml size for $6 CAD, feeling pretty stupid about having to pay for WATER. So after washing my face, I sprayed the water on, let it sit for about 10 seconds before patting dry, then applied a bit of my usual moisturizer. Strangely enough, the redness and itchiness went away next morning, and after a couple more applications, the rash disappeared. Normally such rash would not go away for at least a week. The only thing I've done differently was adding that extra step of Avene water. My fickle skin is also calmer overall with continuous application. Even though I STILL don't want to think about buying water, I went back and bought a larger bottle. Don't know why it's working, but while it's working, the skeptic in me will just stay quiet.