April 17, 2014 | 1034 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, after using it for quite some time I think it's time to review this foundation.
In Canada / Wal Mart this goes for about $12.50..or so.

So, bottom line I do not like this foundation.
At first I thought I did..but then the more I used it the more I started to notice how it wasn't working for me..

Now, as always I try my foundations with diff. ways, as in- I use different primer/powders/moisturizers even brushes/or fingers to see if it'll make a difference..or-work better.

So, the first few days when I started using this foundation I liked it, but after a while I noticed I didn't..and here's why:
So when I apply this, right away I notice it starts to go matte, which I like because I'm very oily. The color AT application is perfect(I was using 905 Ivory, neutral pale shade), then within a few mins. it does start to darken and become more pink....but I'v had this problem with another CG foundation so I wasn't too surprised, just disappointed.
Then throughout the day the color get's even darker(starts to oxidize) so the Ivory color turns about 2-3 shades darker on me...which is not good because I'm very, very pale..and my face looked too dark compared to my body.
Also, during application one layer covers redness/unevenness in your skin tone but does not cover deep, dark acne spots/scars so you would need a second layer or concealer.
So, when I went to apply my second layer...even in just those area's I noticed right away the foundation was getting cakey...esp. around the nose area and my cheek's, my jaw..it looked horrible! and again, even with diff. method's of application as well as primers etc..I still saw my foundation appear very cakey..like I'v never seen!
Another problem is you can NOT set this foundation with a powder, at least I wasn't able to..because it created more of a cakey look and for some weird reason when you apply powder on top of this foundation the foundation look's like it's been...rubbed off? or slid down your face..you know what I mean? or disappeared in some areas..I was shocked..I was like wth is going on? I honestly have never had a foundation that I wasn't able to set with a powder..this was beyond bizzare..I was not liking it.
Then by the end of the day...mattifying power was an 8 out of 10. It did control oil but it did make me slightly shiny in some area's like the cheeks/nose/forehead/chin etc..
Now when I say this I mean it in a good way, because upon application of this foundation it's soo matte that it actually look's a little flat on your skin..too matte? so by the end of the day you just look like you have a glow, in a good way, which I liked. It wasn't oily, just glowy. Very different things.

So..overall I am very disappointed in this foundation..I though it was going to be the new Double Wear(before they reformulated it) ..but sadly worse. =(
I'm still waiting for a perfect drugstore foundation..and this is def. not it.

Very disappointed, will not re-purchase again. This is actually worse than Revlon's Nearly Naked which I also hated...but never thought NN would be better than this..:/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because it seemed to match my skin tone and it claimed to be long lasting.

what i like about this makeup:
-inexpensive
-matches my skin tone
-does not look orange or brown
-does not cause breakouts

what i dislike about this makeup:
-is not fragrance free
-is not oil free
-does not provide coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

This is the best foundation I have tried for my oily skin, and I have tried them all! The only con would be color selection. I am NC30 and nude beige is my best match. It is also kind of hard to blend because it dries so quickly, but with a beauty blender it does a great job. It also is thinner than Revlon colorstay and doesn't smell as bad, thank God!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Someone went up to me and said that my skin looked great and that it was so clear and healthy looking. NO ONE has ever said that to me. Needless to say, I am very happy with the foundation. I actually think I have a shade that matches closet to my summer skin tone than anything I've tried. And I've tried sooooo many. My first CG foundation. I use Soft Honey. Previously, I've been matched to NW25. It didn't oxidize or fade on me. I wore it for 9 hours straight. Although I do recommend that one's skin to be moisturized because this will emphasize dry spots.

I have no problems with removal. I double cleanse with clean and clear sensitive skin wash and it comes off easily. [I always double cleanse unless I haven't been wearing makeup.]

[CORRECTION: Now I wear medium beige cooler months when I am less tan.]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by lovelycristi

This is my holy grail foundation. I have terrible skin that I am insecure about and this gives me great confidence. I have oily/acne prone skin with large pores and acne scars. This is amazing. It is the only drugstore foundation Ive ever re-bought. I LOVE my Estee Lauder DW Foundation but I have not gotten any due to the fact I love this. I am on my second bottle. Its great.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by marinabonet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how this got such a high review. I hated this foundation. I have sensitive, dry to combination skin and as soon as I had put this on, I immedately had dry patches all over my face. My routine always starts with a cleanser, moisturizer then foundation..skipped primer since it had one already, but omg this product was awful the moment I put it on. It is very light and goes on smoothly,I'll give it that, but that's about it. I don't recommend this product if you have oily or dry skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it really is possible to "get a bad one"? I haven't had the same experience with this as everyone else seems to have had. I found the coverage of this average, and when I tried to build it up it still didn't give me great coverage. I have acne scars to hide, I'm not someone who already has good skin or something. But I didn't expect this to have concealer-like coverage, I just thought it would give better coverage and it just wasn't good in that area compared to the numerous other drugstore foundations I've tried.
I have oily skin and when I put this on it wasn't a matte finish like everyone says. On me it was actually a pretty dewy finish (it felt dry to the touch but looked pretty dewy), even after I had just put it on after my skincare routine in the morning and my face wasn't very oily yet. I use an oil-controlling base too, and my face stayed dewy looking throughout the day...
Another problem I had with this was trying to prevent it from looking cakey. I could get a bit more coverage by using a flat top brush (still not great coverage like people say), but then it would look cakey. I tried using primers and making sure my face was well moisturized and everything, but I had to use my blending sponge (a beauty blender "dupe") with this, otherwise it would have looked cakey.
It did seem to stay pretty good and didn't get ridiculously oily throughout the day, and it didn't oxidize or turn dark on me like it seems to have done for other reviewers. I could say it worked alright with my oily skin in the heat overall (not as good as revlon colorstay for combination/oily skin, which I can't use because it breaks me out), but I was disappointed with the coverage and how I had to try to make sure it didn't look cakey. It doesn't seem to be breaking me out which is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone who manages BP magnitude oil spills on her face every day, I was very impressed by this foundation's mattifying power. I had 6+ hours of wear before little signs of oil show up, and even then, it just became dewy instead of a gross oil slick.
It has a nice watery texture that feels lightweight on the skin. I'm around NC30 (plus or minus a few sunny days) and 842 was a decent match colorwise, but the pink undertone makes my skin look really ashy. Despite the awesome mattifying effect, I'm going to have to return it because of the color.

Now for the bad:

- you need a heavy duty cleansing ritual for this. I double cleansed using carrier oils and followed up with a gel cleanser, then baby wipes. Repeat.

- cakeface. it can look reaaaally cakey. I applied one layer with a stippling brush, and maybe I'm just not used to full-coverage, but damn.

- settled into my pores and clogged my nose like cray

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ninaanngi

This isn't the best for dry skin. BUT YOU AN MAKE IT WORK! I heard SO MANY good reviews and so I wanted this sooooo badly! But unfortunately, once again us dry-very dry girls were left out. It made my pores noticeable, showed my flakes, and had no coverage. I picked this up at Walmart for $9 ($10 because tax) so I thought it was a waste. And even after some moisturizing I couldn't get it to work! But then I found a way! I went to Walmart and picked up the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer for $8 ($9 if you add tax) and spread it on my face. I then dotted the foundation on my face and used my Eco Tools Kabuki/Stippling brush to blend and it worked!!!! My skin looked fabulous. I also added my CoverGirl Clean powder to set it. All I needed was a primer! The packaging is AWSOME by the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I love to try new products even though its rare for me to fall in love with something so much, but I can honestly say that after using this for about a week now I am in love! I've read all these amazing reviews about it and the shine free part sold me on it as I tend to get a very oily t-zone. I got the lightest colour, which matches me perfectly, and even though I've read this foundation oxidizes on some people but I haven't had any problems. It has good coverage as I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and chin, and this covers it beautifully but it doesn't feel heavy or look cakey, thick or fake. I look glowing. Not luminous as in a shiny or a dewy look which I'm not a fan of due to my oily skin, but it gives a beautiful skin look, which is what we all want. Flawless looking skin. It blends well, it lasts for about 6 hours before I need a touch up which isn't bad, and that's without setting power. With powder if say it lasts about 8 hours. The packaging is lovely and the price is reasonable. This is my new go to foundation and I couldn't be happier. Nothing negative to say here.