April 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ltnguyener

I purchased two a few days ago, and when I wanted to return them the first time. It first seemed to dry my lips out, and it just looked so dry and flaky. I then tried applying eos lip balm before applying the lip butter, and I was obsessed! It looked perfect. I love not having a weird scent or tasting gross. I am also very glad they have a sticker seal. I now see what's the big rave!(:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm extremely disappointed with this product, especially considering how much other people seem to like it. The color I got was Strawberry Shortcake which just looked like a nice, ordinary pink in the tube, but on my lips it turned out a very cool-toned, frosty pink that was not at all flattering. On top of the unflattering color, it actually made my lips DRY! Extremely dry. It wasn't at a great price either. I'm so upset, and I'll definitely be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AllieN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I have been looking for the perfect bubblegum pink lip shade for the longest time, and no lipstick or lipgloss really gave me that. Then, I picked one of these up (in Cupcake), and tried it out. Fantastic! It is so moisturizing, it lasted a very long time on my lips, and did NOT leave that really obnoxious line on my bottom lip (ya know, that line that sometimes appears between your lips). I am going and buying another one tomorrow. Def buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Vastly overrated. This is like colored vaseline. Who cares if it's pigmented if it disappears from your lips in the next hour? Some colors are nice for natural looks but that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Rubijule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off; these are SO overhyped. Like seriously. What is the big deal of a tinted buttery lip balm with that comes with almost no product for eight dollars? I mean I'm not saying they are bad but they are honestly not as great as they are made out to be. They aren't as moisturizing as most lip balms. They aren't as pigmented as a lipstick. Kind of a mixed up version without enough of either. Just buy a Revlon lipstick instead and Nivea Kiss of Moisture. Layer them. Voila! Perfect looking lips without having to sacrifice color *or* moisture. And they don't fade gracefully. They last about 5 minutes. I have Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie. Pink Truffle; pink toned brown. Gorgeous mlbb on warm or cool skin tones. Raspberry Pie; blue toned fuschia. This one is far more pigmented but is a bit messy.
Pros:
Packaging
Darker shades pigmentaton
Color Range

Cons:
Level of moisture
Level of pigmentation in nude shades
Price (for drugstore)
Overhypedness (lol thats so not a word)

Overall:
I will not repurchase these.

Please Rate!! E> : ) XD

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These were much more pigmented than I expected. Moisturizing properties and longevity is average when compared to other lipsticks. I really like the colors and the feel of them on my lips though. The first hour they are on they look glossy.

I got Raspberry Pie which I have to be careful with; its so pigmented I can end up looking like a clown but its a bright pink that brightens up my face and much more suitable for spring. Cherry Tart is my absolute favorite color. When I wear a light layer of this, its a pink red thats perfect for the daytime. When I add extra layers, its a deeper red- good to wear for when I go out. I do not like crimson red lipsticks that scream "OMG Im wearing makeup!" so its a good color choice for me. I also like that theyre sold at drugstores and the price isnt bad either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are so, so, so nice! For the price, they really cannot be beat. They are meant to be somewhat sheer and they are fairly true to color. I really love how moisturizing they are, and the coverage lasts a fairly long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by toriiimiiin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these. They have incredible color payoff for a lip butter, and they really are as moisturizing as advertised. I apply lip balm beforehand out of habit, but you really don't need to, to be honest. I have Sweet Tart and Peach Parfait, and they're both amazing. Sweet Tart is a glitterless bright pink that doesn't look garish or too Barbie-like, so it's good for days when you want to wear a bolder lip color than usual but nothing too out-there. Peach Parfait is THE ideal lip color for everyday, or at least for me, as it's quite close to my natural lip color, so it does a great job of enhancing my lips. The only complaint I might have is the glitter in it; after the color has worn off there are little silver glitter pieces left on my lips. >.< But overall this is a fantastic product, and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many are almost comparable to the Chanel and Dior moisturizing lipsticks for a more agreeable price. The darker colors (mostly reds) get five stars but I find the light pinks go on a bit chalky (not in texture but in look) and deserve three stars. Sheer but color can be built up. Packaging practical but not very refined. Love most of the red tones but my everyday favorite is Sugar Plum.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got Candy Apple, which is a lovely clear red. Very pigmented. (bonus points for staying red and not turning magenta/fuchsia on me). But this is not moisturizing. My lipsticks are all more hydrating than this, except the matte ones. I'm still disappointed. Wouldn't buy again unless it's for a color I can't find anywhere else.