August 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara for it's volumizing and lengthening ability, but I can't wear it for the smear/smudge factor. It only takes a couple of hours for the first smudge, and after that it's all downhill. Unfortunately, into the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ibfan1

Wow. Very nice mascara and I'm quite glad I bought it. Definitely volumizes and adds length to my Asian lashes. It really defines and separates each lash making them very dark, long and thick! It's dirt cheap too as I got it for $2.99 at Walgreens. BUT another thing that I really love about this mascara besides the price and its performance are the ingredients! The first 5 are all completely natural (Water,Beeswax,Carnauba Wax, Sunflower Seed Wax and Chicory Root Extract) and there aren't any really toxic ingredients!
I checked out every single ingredient on EWG Skin Deep and the highest ingredient's toxicity was 5 for Triethanolamine. I believe another 2 ingredients were a 3? Everything else was between 0 and 2. Overall, this definitely a mascara I'll be buying again and again as it works well, is cheap, and is relatively safe! I strongly recommend it!
EDIT: I'd also like to explain exactly how I apply it to make each lash really defined and look like your lashes are just naturally long and thick! Works really great for Asian lashes. Okay, so first you have to curl your lashes. Now, what I do is first get the lash curler as close to my eye as possible and, obviously, curl it. Then slowly move the curler up your lashes and keep curling them all the way up to the tip. My lashes always end up sagging after I put on mascara so I always curl them really tight at this point. If your lashes don't uncurl themselves, then just curl 'em 'till you like how they look. Then you take the mascara brush out of the tube and really try to wipe off as much product as possible onto the inner rim of the tube. And then take the brush and gently wipe any excess onto a piece of paper and maybe squeeze the tip of the brush a bit because product tends to collect there. Now, you're brush should like pretty bare actually, and not look like there's much product. Finally, apply to the lashes. I like to wiggle the brush up the lashes starting from the base and then maybe swipe the tips to make them look longer. You can use a lash comb if they are any clumps (usually I don't get any though) and the lash comb by tweezerman is the one I use. I try to avoid curling my lashes after I've applied mascara, but since my lashes are straight sometimes the curl will fall out too much and I'll have to curl them again. After I do this I always use the lash comb because curling mascara'd lashes always ends up with clumps. I usually apply 1-2 coats, but beyond 3 it'll start to get kinda clumpy.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gloppy, gummy and messy to apply. Gives lashes a strange texture, as if someone had dropped crumbs into the mascara. Gave it two tries, washed it off and threw it away.

UPDATE: Okay. I bought a new tube and tried it, and this time it fulfilled all of its promises. The first tube I bought must have been old or a bad batch or something. But yeah, this is a very good mascara, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Heartkeepsake

I recently got this mascara due to the great reviews on makeupalley. So thanks everyone !(: i have to say that i really like this mascara. I actually brought the other one the first time by mistake,( The best lash which has pink lettering instead of purple) because the packaging is so similar! But i have to say, that the best lash extreme volumizing one (purple) is WAY BETTER than the best lash one(pink).

The pink one tends to smudge and flake on me. The pink one is more natural and i find it gives the same effect that Maybelline's Full and Soft gives me. But i really cant deal with the smudging and flaking. The flakes get into my eye and my eyes start getting all red and watery, which is a nonooo !

BUT ! the purple one, omg the purple one, i really love it. I find it gives the same effect that my beloved Covergirl Lash Blast gives me; But this is wayyy cheaper (3 dollars vs 11 dollars in nyc)! And the brush on this one is smaller, which i find easier to work with. Also, i find that one coat of this mascara gives the same effect as 2 coats of lash blast! Can this mascara get any better !

My only complaint for this mascara is, it comes only in one shade, which is black, but the black is a pretty dramatic black, not gray toned or a soft black but a BLACKBLACK. I also find that when i apply the mascara my lashes look nice but after a few seconds, my lash tips start to change shape a little, so i have to use my fingers to press it back to shape. It also takes a little more time to completely dry. But the pros of this mascara definitely outweighs the cons ! If you like lash blast,you should like this mascara. But its definitely not for someone looking for a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

Its okay, good price and does the job...just does now 'wow' me. I like my mascara blacker and thicker but this is fine to use during the day. I wont purchase it again but I dont mind using it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after I read reviews for it on MUA. I have used Lancome Hypnose for years and even though I have tried other mascaras, I always go back to Hypnose. I was totally shocked at how much I like this mascara! Honestly I will be saving my money and using this from now on since I have finally found a cheaper alternative to hypnose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

Best mascara Ever!!!! I have tried expensive (DIOR, Lancome, MAC) has mascaras and this is by far THE BEST.. I WLL Repurchase for ever and ever............ Everyone needs to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xpeach_lollipopx

This was a very pleasant surprise. I forgot my makeup bag and it was going to be an hours drive to go retrieve it. Instead, I rushed to Walgreens to pick up some cheap makeup as a temporary replacement. The only two cheap makeup brands there were Wet n Wild and Jordana. Having been disappointed in my previous purchases of Wet n Wild mascara, I purchased Jordana's Best Lash. I have naturally long lashes, so lengthening is never a problem.. However, my lashes won't stay curled, even after I curl them with my Sheseido eyelash curler. Having forgotten my eyelash curler in my makeup bag, I wasn't expecting fantastic results. But I was amazed when I looked up and saw curly long, un-clumped eyelashes. My lashes are curlier with just this mascara on than they have ever been when I combined my old mascaras with my eyelash curler. And they have stayed curled!!!! I have used Bad Gal Lash, Diorshow, Bare Escentuals, and all the drugstore mascaras and nothing compares to this. It was only $1.99 at Walgreens, but I think the best part is that they don't test on animals or use animal products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best mascara I have ever used and I have tried alot of them. I can't believe this is a drug store mascara. It outperforms every high end mascara that I have tried (YSL, Lancome, Chanel) by a mile. It lengthens, voluminizes, separates and has a glossy black color. It stays on all day long with no fading and flaking. It doesn't clump. It is perfection in a bottle. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

I have tried quite a few mascaras just looking for one that would just give great looking lashes. I love love love that this mascara can give my lashes length as well as volume! And it is buildable with minimal clumping. Yes, sometimes it can cause clumps but it's nothing that can't be fix. It also lasts all day, does not weight my lashes down, and does not smudge or flake! The only thing is that it can be a bit harder to remove than some other mascaras. The best part is that it costs $3 at Walgreens. This has been the only place that carries Jordana in my area but I know they have an online site as well! I highly recommend you girls to try this - it is not gonna burn a hole in your pocket at all!