September 17, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

picked it up at walgreens today since MUB loves it - it was $3.99 and sealed in shrinkwrap (i am hesitant to buy unsealed items at the drugstore).

i was pleasantly surprised by the small brush, it's the type of brush i really like, and it really is a great mascara - i applied one coat and got decent length, great volume, and no clumps. i can get more length from fiber mascaras, but i got MUCH more volume from the jordana, and i've never been able to get this much volume without clumping before. and the length was good too - just not the best ever.

it's very black (yay). i wore it for half a day and it didn't flake or smear (i get flaking pretty frequently from mascaras). it removes easily.

big thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great rec. from the MUB!! After being brought up by my mother as a teen, only using high end mascaras & always being disappointed by them, I got out on my own &started buying drugstore mascaras. Fell in love with Maybelline FullnSoft & more recently, Revlon's GrowLucious Plumping WP, and while those two are good, this is great & really holds its own! I own(or have owned at one time) every drugstore mascara ever made & at one point or another have test drove most HE ones that are raved about as well & this is by far the best! I paid $2.99 for this at Walgreens -an unbelievable steal!! (I literally felt like I was STEALING it's so cheap!) & I by NO means have "mascara model lashes".. I'm one of those women who looks like a different person when their eye m/u is done (in a good way!) -so mascara is very important to me -my lashes are short, and not "full" at all.. This mascara fits the bill in every way - no clumps, volumizing, legnthening, and removes without ripping all the lashes you DO have b/c you had to scrub your freakin eyes for 10minutes! <-yes I'm talking to YOU Revlon GrowLucious waterproof!! Lol :) I actually went back to Walgreens the following day after originally purchasing this & bought the last two that they had in stock - I don't ever want to run out of this great stuff! -Jordana, please don't ever discontinue this stuff!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! It goes on smooth, gives great volume, separates and doesn't smudge ever. It isn't too hard to remove either. For only $3! I find it thickens up in the tube quicker than other mascaras. But for this price I don't mind replacing it more often. Or I have heard that you can add a few drops of saline solution to thin mascara out again- haven't tried that tip myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara itself is great - it reminds me of Armani's Eyes To Kill. Super black, it adds a lot of oomph to my pretty nice lashes. Doesn't smudge or flake on me, and is fairly easy to get off. Given that my HG mascara is Serge Lutens, which sells for an eye-watering $65, I was super pleased to discover this. My only quibble is the tube itself, which is horrid. The mascara completely gunked up the neck of the tube on the very first use, and I feel like I waste tons of product wiping of the wand and tube. Nevertheless, I'll keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is a pretty good mascara. I wanted to see what all the hype was about so I can see now why people like this mascara. It is not the best ever but it does a pretty good job. Definitely adds some drama to lashes lengthens and volumizes some. Volumizes more than anything but thats obviously what this mascara is aiming for. Wears the whole day and hasn't run either even when my eyes get irritated and water sometimes. Only problem I have is after you apply it some of the lashes clump in a weird way but its easy to seperate them until the mascara dries. I have repurchased time & time again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing stuff! It defines well, lengthens, volumizes, doesn't flake, and lasts pretty much all day. As it ages, it tends to clump a little bit, but much less than most of the others I've tried. And it's dirt cheap. I wish it were more readily available (the only place around here I can find Jordana is Walgreen), but I think I finally found my HG is mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW, so impressed by this! I bought this after reading MUA reviews on it..I used to be mascara-crazy! Trying loads of different brands with all sorts of different wands, formulas, etc. and I always seemed to go back to my trusty Maybelline Waterproof Turbo Boost because it gave me the blackest black, had the glossy natural look I loved, and went on without clumping. But this mascara commitment also meant that my lashes haven't been given much an oomph in terms of volume and length, even with a double coating each day. I never thought I could find anything that compared to this same dark black look, and have since not bought many new types of mascara after trying so many, but I am SOO glad I tried this! It is dark black, loads up with length and volume, and may outshine my original HG! Also it was only $2.99 at Walgreens! I'm only unsure about a tad bit of clumping I got on a lash or two, but I think that was more due to not wiping the wand off before my second coat...Anyways, I highly recommend going out and buying this because it is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tennatian1994

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have found my HG mascara now. I used to swear by Covergirl's Lashblast in the fat orange tube, it used to lengthen and volumize perfectly, but would require multiple coats----which is annoying when you are strapped for time and don't feel like spending hours just on your lashes. But lately it hasn't been working the way I used to get, or wanted----and keep in mind my lashes are pretty good to begin with thickness and length wise. However, having the right mascara makes all the difference in the world, likewise having the crappy mascara really messes up your lashes as well. Anway, coming to Jordana mascara now, its seriously the best mascara I've ever used. It both lengthens and volumizes my lashes so well without clumping, to the point of looking like I have falsies on. I really have no complaints, and do not have much more to say, except totally worth the $3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

WOW!! I bought this mascara after reading all the hype on MakeupAlley and I was NOT disappointed! It's got the nice drier formula that I'm a fan of in mascaras. It builds beautifully and gives me killer dramatic lashes! The only thing I'm not a fan of is that a bit too much product comes out on the brush. I just wipe it on the side of the tube - no big whoop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Best Lash Volumizing mascara, which comes in the black and pink packaging, is NOT the same as the Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara, which comes in the black and lilac packaging; they have very different brushes, formulas, and results! I really hated the pink-and-black packaging formula and said so, but everyone told me I should try the tube in the lilac-and-black tube, and I am just hooked!

This is an incredibly cheap mascara--I got it for $3.50, but I know some places sell it for as little as $2. It has a very standard wand with a smaller, thinner brush than what I've gotten used to. When you use this mascara--or any mascara, for that matter, but ESPECIALLY this one--you REALLY need to make sure you wipe off the excess product. Otherwise, you'll get way too much product on your lashes, and they'll clump horribly. This is one of two big ways I think they could improve the product: put an anti-clump ring on the inside of the tube.

Beyond that, this product is just plain fantastic. Unlike most volumizing mascaras, it volumizes by separating and coating each lash individually; hence, it may not be the best if you have super-sparse lashes. The look, however, is super-dramatic while still looking kind of natural. It also lengthens like woah.

The only other problem I have with this mascara is that it doesn't layer very well. You can keep applying it while it's still dry, but if you put too much on, it's going to start to look kind of dry and mascara-y. It also doesn't work well over my favorite lash primer, the DiorShow Maximizer, which makes me a bit sad. It's a good enough mascara on its own, though, that I don't entirely mind and would gladly repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No