November 24, 2014 | 1124 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Very nice colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this palette. I've been hearing all the rants and raves about the Wet n Wild eye shadows lately and finally bought some yesterday. First, let me say that I am not a high end makeup shopper. I'm all drugstore, but I still thought of Wet n Wild as crappy makeup because it was pretty bad when I was a teenager. But after all of the reviews, blogs, and youtube videos about Wet n Wild eye shadows I felt like it was time to give it a shot. I am so happy I did. This palette is so ridiculously gorgeous, pigmented, and silky smooth. Even though it's supposed to be a neutral palette, it's not boring and I feel like it's got a lot more potential for different looks. The colors are so unique! I also picked up a new trio and a single and am quite pleased with them too. There was only one of each of the new 8 color palettes at Walgreens and the Comfort Zone was an easy choice because it is so different from the other ones. I picked up a lipstick, which is also awesome. And the 8 color palette for 4 dollars and some change? Perfect! Yay for Wet n Wild!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I really like this. The shadows are soft and easily blended. I love the neutral side, but the green does not look to great on me. I do not normally like green shadow on my eyes so it is not a problem with the shadow. Great product, very happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Edit** - Found a few more dupes for anyone who either owns or has been lemming for the Kat Von D. "Ludwig" palette. The browbone and eyelid shades on the left side of the WnW palette are dupes for "Tequila" and "Downtown". The crease shade on the same side of the WnW palette, although not exact, is a very close dupe for "Baroque". And the eyelid shade on the right side of the WnW palette is a dupe for "Dimebag".

As everyone knows by now I'm sure, Wet 'n' Wild is releasing new 8-pan eyeshadow palettes which will be permanent in their Color Icon line. After a couple of weeks of looking for them, my local Walgreens finally received them this past weekend and I was able to snag all three palettes. This review is for Comfort Zone (738) which is the neutral/green palette. The texture of the eyeshadows is excellent. They are soft, easy to apply and easy to blend. And they are so very pigmented. They are a steal at $4.99 a piece as you are getting 8 full-size shadows and because they are so pigmented, you really do have to use very little product. The different looks you can achieve with each palette are only limited to your imagination as there really are endless combinations. I have read that there are possible dupes in this palette for Mac Club, Vex and Romp and Too Faced Label Whore. A great all around purchase and a nice addition to any makeup collection.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So pretty and so pigmented, I'm still always so surprised by this with their shadows. As others mentioned there are MAC dupes in here, and the top right one is what I wanted Vex to be, which is my favorate MAC shadow. Love! Go get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about these palettes this is the one I wanted most and it doesn't disappoint! The quality of these is just totally amazing. All the colors are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. I've tried HE eyeshadows in the past and none of them were like this palette. It's perfection but I will say that it is very warm toned so the cool toned girls out there might not like this. The dark brown on the bottom left is the best powder eyeliner I've ever used and is sooo pigmented! I'll stop gushing now so I don't ramble on forever. Just go out and get this if you can! For 5 bucks you just can't lose.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! Great pigmentation and good value. Go get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by G3uss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like WnW products and stalked every wlagreens for this. lol I wasn't expecting a lot but i LOVE this palette. MY favorite is the 2nd shade (left side) and the 4th shade on right side (duochrome as someone mentioned it might be a dupe for MAC Club & some similar color was available in the Night Elf palette. But Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by rumo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette didn't seem like it would be too amazing just looking at it, but it really didn't disappoint. The colors are much more pretty in real life than they seem in swatches online. Also, every shade in my palette is soft and pigmented -- none are chalky. I don't have the blue one in this series, but this is much better than "Petal Pusher". (That one was powdery or pressed super hard in the pans and there was hardly any color payoff for most of the shades. Maybe 3 shades were ok.)

I have some of the new trios also, and it seems sometimes the shadows are pressed very hard in the pans in those as well. My "Comfort Zone" is perfectly fine though so if you get one that's hard, maybe do an exchange because they're not all like that.

I actually like the Color Icon packaging (not too much fluff and you can see everything) though I'll admit that with the bigger palettes, there could possibly be an issue of sturdiness around the hinges after continued use.

Would definitely repurchase!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the actual shadows. They're very rich and wearable, and I didn't even need my eyeshadow primer. My only beef is with the packaging. This is the flimsiest case from WnW, just awful. I am definitely going to try to transfer these into a ghetto palette.