December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Joseybird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WnW eyeshadows have wowed me with their quality for years. As has been said by other reviewers, they apply smoothly, are highly pigmented, and wear really well (I have oily lids).

I love the color selection in this palate. They're perfect for both creating casual, bright, and smokey looks. The shadows can be worn both wet and dry, and the dark shades work beautifully as eyeliner.

The only problem I have with WnW shadows is that they are extremely delicate and break easily, so be sure to treat yours with care!

WnW are the very best-value makeup I've ever encountered. Even if you only like a couple of shades, I highly recommend you buy this palate!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by tbeighs

The shadows in the Comfort Zone palette are buttery smooth, blendable, and highly pigmented, and dirt cheap at $5. Some of the colors are almost too soft, so the brush will pick up a lot more product than you need. I found this with the left #1 and #4 (a bit of fallout on this one as well) colors and the right #3 and #4 colors. Nonetheless, people would pay (eh, I have paid) 3x-5x this cost for high-end palettes. Plus many of the colors in the Comfort Zone palette are simply lovely -- especially the lid colors. I do wish they had included a matte or two in Comfort Zone, but I have enough mattes in my arsenal, so this isn't a huge deal. I think it's easier to be more forgiving when the cost is $5.

To note, I have very pale skin and green/hazel eyes. I found the right side of the palette worked better with my coloring, but I was able to get the left side to work, it's just more subtle, and time consuming. I use all the shadows over a primer.

In terms of the the right side of this palette, I put the beautiful #2 green all over my lid, and then use the #3 shade in the crease. I use the left side #1 highlighter shade in my inner eye. I used the definer on my lower lash line and lightly in the outer V. I then layer Wet 'N Wild "Brulee," a matte, (not in this palette, it's a single shadow) at the brow bone. I do not use the top right color here, but I love it. Someone said it's a dupe for MAC Dalliance, and while I would say it's close, Dalliance is more sheer.

In terms of the left side, Color #2 is a really pretty pink shade, and on me I could see it working as a blender or a highlighter. I first created a look following the instructions on the packaging. The overall impact was a bit washed out on my translucent skin (I think it would be OK for a causal day eyes though), but I bet it would work wonderfully on a darker skin tone. When I added the definer color in the crease and the outer lid it was less washed out and really rather pretty.

These looks lasted 12+ hours, but the lid colors (green or pink) lost vibrancy as the day wore on. It's not a convenient thing to touch up as the packaging is pretty shoddy and I would not want this shuffling around in my purse all day. I think this is another result of the $5 pricing.

Overall, this really is a great palette. And again, I think it's easier to be more forgiving when the cost is $5. I have purchased every eye shadow in the last 3 Wet N' Wild campaigns and you really cannot beat the cost to quality ratio.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by GreenT

I've been hooked on the Naked palette for the past couple of months, but I think I've found my new go-to palettes. Pigmentation is really good for all of these colors, though some are better than others. They're very blendable, smooth and long-wearing with primer. The colors are gorgeous and go better together than I thought they would.

I originally bought this palette for the Club dupe, but this ended up being the color I liked the least. The blue doesn't come out as well on skin as it does in the pan.

My favorites are the peachy gold and the greenish silver (rather a hard color to describe, sorry). They're like BUTTER!!! So pigmented and soft.

The highlight is great too, but it has a lot of glitter so be careful.

I can't believe these shadows are only 5 dollars. Can't wait to get the other two 8-pan palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LashFlashingLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hyper pigmented, insanely pretty, sooo smooth and blendable, and so far very promising longevity--cannot believe these were five bucks! They totally live up to the hype. I have never been able to afford high end eyeshadow so this is by far the nicest stuff I have ever used. I can't believe this is the same brand that middle schoolers butchered in my youth.

I have my issues though: not enough matte (I cannot use this palette alone, I just can't--where's the varietyyyy?), cheeeeap packaging, REALLY crumbly--I may transfer these to pots as semi-loose powder, I am that concerned about how they'll hold up as-is.

That said, I hope WnW responds to the community reaction and expands with some mattes. This is surprisingly great stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Very nice colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this palette. I've been hearing all the rants and raves about the Wet n Wild eye shadows lately and finally bought some yesterday. First, let me say that I am not a high end makeup shopper. I'm all drugstore, but I still thought of Wet n Wild as crappy makeup because it was pretty bad when I was a teenager. But after all of the reviews, blogs, and youtube videos about Wet n Wild eye shadows I felt like it was time to give it a shot. I am so happy I did. This palette is so ridiculously gorgeous, pigmented, and silky smooth. Even though it's supposed to be a neutral palette, it's not boring and I feel like it's got a lot more potential for different looks. The colors are so unique! I also picked up a new trio and a single and am quite pleased with them too. There was only one of each of the new 8 color palettes at Walgreens and the Comfort Zone was an easy choice because it is so different from the other ones. I picked up a lipstick, which is also awesome. And the 8 color palette for 4 dollars and some change? Perfect! Yay for Wet n Wild!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I really like this. The shadows are soft and easily blended. I love the neutral side, but the green does not look to great on me. I do not normally like green shadow on my eyes so it is not a problem with the shadow. Great product, very happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Edit** - Found a few more dupes for anyone who either owns or has been lemming for the Kat Von D. "Ludwig" palette. The browbone and eyelid shades on the left side of the WnW palette are dupes for "Tequila" and "Downtown". The crease shade on the same side of the WnW palette, although not exact, is a very close dupe for "Baroque". And the eyelid shade on the right side of the WnW palette is a dupe for "Dimebag".

As everyone knows by now I'm sure, Wet 'n' Wild is releasing new 8-pan eyeshadow palettes which will be permanent in their Color Icon line. After a couple of weeks of looking for them, my local Walgreens finally received them this past weekend and I was able to snag all three palettes. This review is for Comfort Zone (738) which is the neutral/green palette. The texture of the eyeshadows is excellent. They are soft, easy to apply and easy to blend. And they are so very pigmented. They are a steal at $4.99 a piece as you are getting 8 full-size shadows and because they are so pigmented, you really do have to use very little product. The different looks you can achieve with each palette are only limited to your imagination as there really are endless combinations. I have read that there are possible dupes in this palette for Mac Club, Vex and Romp and Too Faced Label Whore. A great all around purchase and a nice addition to any makeup collection.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So pretty and so pigmented, I'm still always so surprised by this with their shadows. As others mentioned there are MAC dupes in here, and the top right one is what I wanted Vex to be, which is my favorate MAC shadow. Love! Go get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about these palettes this is the one I wanted most and it doesn't disappoint! The quality of these is just totally amazing. All the colors are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. I've tried HE eyeshadows in the past and none of them were like this palette. It's perfection but I will say that it is very warm toned so the cool toned girls out there might not like this. The dark brown on the bottom left is the best powder eyeliner I've ever used and is sooo pigmented! I'll stop gushing now so I don't ramble on forever. Just go out and get this if you can! For 5 bucks you just can't lose.