October 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Edit** - Found a few more dupes for anyone who either owns or has been lemming for the Kat Von D. "Ludwig" palette. The browbone and eyelid shades on the left side of the WnW palette are dupes for "Tequila" and "Downtown". The crease shade on the same side of the WnW palette, although not exact, is a very close dupe for "Baroque". And the eyelid shade on the right side of the WnW palette is a dupe for "Dimebag".

As everyone knows by now I'm sure, Wet 'n' Wild is releasing new 8-pan eyeshadow palettes which will be permanent in their Color Icon line. After a couple of weeks of looking for them, my local Walgreens finally received them this past weekend and I was able to snag all three palettes. This review is for Comfort Zone (738) which is the neutral/green palette. The texture of the eyeshadows is excellent. They are soft, easy to apply and easy to blend. And they are so very pigmented. They are a steal at $4.99 a piece as you are getting 8 full-size shadows and because they are so pigmented, you really do have to use very little product. The different looks you can achieve with each palette are only limited to your imagination as there really are endless combinations. I have read that there are possible dupes in this palette for Mac Club, Vex and Romp and Too Faced Label Whore. A great all around purchase and a nice addition to any makeup collection.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So pretty and so pigmented, I'm still always so surprised by this with their shadows. As others mentioned there are MAC dupes in here, and the top right one is what I wanted Vex to be, which is my favorate MAC shadow. Love! Go get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about these palettes this is the one I wanted most and it doesn't disappoint! The quality of these is just totally amazing. All the colors are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. I've tried HE eyeshadows in the past and none of them were like this palette. It's perfection but I will say that it is very warm toned so the cool toned girls out there might not like this. The dark brown on the bottom left is the best powder eyeliner I've ever used and is sooo pigmented! I'll stop gushing now so I don't ramble on forever. Just go out and get this if you can! For 5 bucks you just can't lose.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! Great pigmentation and good value. Go get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by G3uss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like WnW products and stalked every wlagreens for this. lol I wasn't expecting a lot but i LOVE this palette. MY favorite is the 2nd shade (left side) and the 4th shade on right side (duochrome as someone mentioned it might be a dupe for MAC Club & some similar color was available in the Night Elf palette. But Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by rumo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette didn't seem like it would be too amazing just looking at it, but it really didn't disappoint. The colors are much more pretty in real life than they seem in swatches online. Also, every shade in my palette is soft and pigmented -- none are chalky. I don't have the blue one in this series, but this is much better than "Petal Pusher". (That one was powdery or pressed super hard in the pans and there was hardly any color payoff for most of the shades. Maybe 3 shades were ok.)

I have some of the new trios also, and it seems sometimes the shadows are pressed very hard in the pans in those as well. My "Comfort Zone" is perfectly fine though so if you get one that's hard, maybe do an exchange because they're not all like that.

I actually like the Color Icon packaging (not too much fluff and you can see everything) though I'll admit that with the bigger palettes, there could possibly be an issue of sturdiness around the hinges after continued use.

Would definitely repurchase!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the actual shadows. They're very rich and wearable, and I didn't even need my eyeshadow primer. My only beef is with the packaging. This is the flimsiest case from WnW, just awful. I am definitely going to try to transfer these into a ghetto palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll try to make this review short and sweet. I attached a picture to show you the colors in this palette. First of all, all 8 shadows are insanely pigmented and they apply beautifully. They blend better than my MAC eye shadows. I don't own a lot of MAC eye shadows but for the one's that I have, I spotted 2 dupes in this palette. In the picture, top row going from left to right, the fourth color is a 100% better dupe to MAC's beauty marked. It's richer in color and the sparkles actually show up! It's such a stunning color. The second dupe is on the bottom, again the fourth one. A better dupe to Mac's club and an equal dupe to Too Faced labelwhore. I honestly haven't been so blown away by drugstore makeup as I have been today. The quality is outstanding if not better than high end eye shadows. If anyone thinks nothing is better than high end, then I encourage you to take a step into your local drugstore and pick up this palette and judge for yourself. Way to go wet n wild, you've truly come a long way in quality and I'm definitely a happy with my purchase.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Mrsgold310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This palette is AMAZING!!! They are sooo buttery and pigmented. The left side is ivories/ browns and the right side is olive greens.Here's a description of the colors.

Left side colors (browns)

Top color- A shimmey ivory with the tiniest specks of glitter.

2nd - A shimmery champagne color, slighty similar to "Fine Wink" from their old Mega eyes colors.

3rd- A nice light brown (again with shimmer)

4th - A dark brown with copper flecks. Similar to my twice baked UD shadow (but this is a little darker)

Right side (The greens)

Top- A shimmery taupe with a very slight olive tint to it.

2nd- (my fave) A mid tone shimmery green. a somewhat bright golden olive shade. (soooooo pretty)

3rd- A dark olive green with gold shimmers in it. Very pretty and very pigmented!

4th- This one gets a drumroll....... The dupe for MAC's Club shade is back and BIGGER than before!! I have the Night Elf palette and while WnW says they changed the formula, it's still the same color we all went bonkers over. It's a dark reddish/ brown with blue and green duochrome in it. ( I know you all know what it looks like, but I still felt I had to say it, LoL)

If you see it, buy it! I'm waiting for a sale to get a back up, but they aren't LE, so I don't have to spaz out again!

48 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

God, I really hate to admit this....I really do....but the quality in this palette surpasses many high-end shadows. The 2nd shade in this is even more pigmented than MAC's "All that Glitters" imo. The "Club" dupe is extraordinary. Every shade in this palette is so f****** gorgeous! Endless looks can be created. I'm too lazy to describe all the colors but they're gorgeous!

27 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No