July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shartigan

i bought this from walgreens when they were giving a free 20.00 cleanser with it , there is also a rebate on olay.com for 20.00 if you purchase 50.00 in olay products. i love the machine so far, the batteries were a bit tricky to install as others have mentioned but once they're in, it is fine. I am using it 2 times a day for about a week and have noticed an improvement. I like the the exfoliating cleanser that came with it and will purchase that when I run out. for my free cleanser they only had the renewing(nourishing?) cleanser. I am using that one in the morning and i will repurchase that as well. I also purchased the night resurfacing elixir, which was on sale for 21.00 and then they had a 3.00 coupon next to it at my walgreens. i don't know if all stores do that but at mine they often put coupons from the paper next to products. I am really liking the elixir so far. it has a little glycolic in it. I don't know if it is the machine or the products that have been working but I have really noticeable improvement in the quality of my skin, I would recommend these products if you are thinking about them. I had not used olay in a long time, but i plan to stick with what I am doing. I am not sure how the machine would compare to the clarisonic, but i just could not justify the expense and I love this one. with all the discounts and the rebate the thing was basically free. if anyone else purchased this, go on olay.com and check out the rebate, it included other products as well so you might have enough to qualify if you bought anything else around that time .

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hivanessa28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with all these other positive comments. I have never used an Olay product before, I was interested in the more expensive power brush but afraid to spend that much and the hassle of trying to return it, AND I have sensitive skin that is Very flakey this time of year.
So for $30, I tried it. So it was a bit hard to get the batteries into it (do use a small flat tool); but then.... heavens sing. I wet my face, put a bit of the cleanser that comes in the box and turned it on. I used it for about a minute.. feels nice; soft. Then rinsed; and my skin was SO SOFT! The flakes gone.. and this was only after ONE use. I've tried other power brushes in years before and Olay's brush is the best due to its softness.
The claim is that it also helps your serum work better, too, and my favorite, Boots 7, does seem to work better. I am excited about this product. My skin glows as if I'd had a professional facial. Works for me!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Rowellty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this the other day from Walgreen's, which had a deal to get the exfoliating cleanser for free. I had been keeping an eye on the Clarisonic for a while, but couldn't justify the price. Well, after seeing this, I knew I had to try it out!

I usually wait for reviews to see what other people say, but since this is such a new product, I just had to take a chance. It does come with a 60 day money back guarantee so that helps. Anyways, I have to say I absolutely love this product and (so far) I am so happy I spent the money. I had some acne on my chin, and after one use on the first night, I woke up and the pimples I have been fighting with for weeks were significantly smaller in size-almost gone! skin is also noticeably softer and I did not have a trace of make up on after I used it.

I like the cleanser it came with as well. I highly recommend the system and going to Walgreen's to purchase, since you get the cleanser for free. I will update as I continue using if there are any changes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by vithuy13

omg..love this product the packaging wasn't all to great because it's hard to get the batteries in, but man it clean my face. It is totally a dupe for the clarisonic, it is a must have

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by swaugerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was intrigued by ads for the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing system in magazines. When I found out the price, I quickly stopped thinking about it! So about two months later, when I saw the ad for this, I was happy to see that I could afford it. It was sold out in CVS; I found the last one in a beat-up box at Walmart.

My face had been attacked lately by salicylic acid because of my acne and in combination with the cold weather it started to peel. I looked terrible on Christmas with flakes of skin peeling on my cheeks and chin. The first time I used this with the cleanser it comes with, I could tell my skin had been exfoliated wonderfully. It took two more cleanings (over 24 more hours) to get all the flakes off because my skin was pretty dried out. The acne hasn't gone away, but of course it's only been four days.

One other great benefit of this is that it feels great, and I use it for well over a minute on the high level. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. When I cleansed my face at night with my hands, I was always in a rush to get to bed, and I know I didn't spend more than 20 seconds doing it. I'm sure this cleans at least 6x better because I'm actually taking the time I should be taking! I always moisturize after and it absorbs quickly.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to exfoliate daily and get a deep down clean.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After getting jipped by Santa who did NOT stock my stocking with a Clarisonic, I decided to pick this up from CVS. It was sort of difficult to remove the bottom portion to insert the batteries (which it came with, thank you!) but other than that, I love this thing. I use it twice a day with various cleansers. I'll also use it with an exfoliating polish, which might not be the best thing in the world for my skin. The brush is soft, there are 2 speeds, (I only use the fastest speed) and it's an affordable option to a Clarisonic. I can't compare the two considering I haven't used the Clarisonic but I can't imagine them being to different. They essentially do the same thing. The Olay scrubber just doesn't have a timer or all the bells and whistles the Mia has. My face feels softer, but it has broken out a bit. Perhaps it's purging? I'm not sure, but I will continue to use it. After each use, I wash the brush head with antibacterial soap and let dry. It's completely waterproof so it's good in the shower. I would recommend this for those who are on a budget but still want the benefit of a clean clean face. I would purchase this again if mine breaks or stops working. It was well worth the 20 bucks.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Walgreens had this with a free large tube of the cleanser. I've never used a Clarisonic which this unit is compared to, but I really liked it. My skin felt super smooth and there was not a trace of makeup left on my face. It feels fairly gently even on the higher speed, so I don't think those with sensitive skin would have a problem with it. I like it better than the Neutrogena Rejuvenating system that I had been using. The pads for the Neutrogena unit are very expensive. The Olay unit has replacement brush heads for about $9. I think in the long run, the Olay unit will be cheaper to use, and I really liked the results. Good product!

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This Skincare Brush Cleansing System Was just released by Olay and I picked it up as they were first stocking it at Wal-Mart. I owned a Clarisonic (Full size, pink), but it died after the warranty ran out and I did not feel like Shucking out $200 for a new one.

This little brush is battery powered, water resistant so you can use it in the shower. It comes with one head, 2 speed settings, 2 duracell batteries and a small tube of their exfoliating skin polish.

First let's compare to Clarisonic since that is what other companies are trying to duplicate. It's closer in size to the Mia, a little bit lighter weight. I had a difficult time getting the bottom open to put in the batteries and suggest that folks use a very thin and small flat head screwdriver to pop it open. Other than that, worked very similiar to the Clarisonic but is not as powerful in it's vibrational speed. Which may be agood for sensitive folks. I found the brush to be soft, but not as soft as the sensitive head for the Clarisonic but softer than the Regular head.

What I like about it is the price $28.99 at Wal-Mart. As opposed to shelling out $200 bucks for a new Clarisonic, this is a bargain. I got similar results, Smoother, less flakes on my skin and my Serums and moisturizers definitely absorb better after using this. I have to say, if this one breaks, I wouldn't be as upset as I was when my Clarisonic died. You can also use it right away, no charging. Just replace batteries. The one thing it does not have, is a cover for the brush head when it is not in use. I'm using a ziplock baggie. the brush head cleaned well and I used this to remove makeup. Which it did very well. I use a toner after washing and no makeup residue came off on top my cotton ball. I would not use this anywhere near your eyes, it's too rough for delicate eye area. So remove your eye makeup first, then use this and rinse.

The cleanser than came with it is a like a skin polish, it has exfoliating grains in it. The Cleanser also contains niacinamide which is really good for skin renewal. I actually like it. Not sure if they sell the same thing under a different name or if refills are available yet.

How long will this last?I really Don't know. But There is a 60 Day Money back Satisfaction guarantee on this and the info is on the side of the box. Just keep your receipt.

Great alternative for those not wanting to buy a clarisonic but want the same benefits!

105 out of 107 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No