October 25, 2014 | 1780 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by starvingidol

I bought this about a week ago and I'm in love! <3 My skin is brighter, softer and all my friends keep asking me who the new guy is in my life. ;) I initially wanted a Clarisonic (like so many others here did), but the price just made it impossible. I'm so glad I stumbled across this. It came with a cleanser, which while nice, isn't anything groundbreaking. I use it with my Yes To Blueberries Smoothing Cleanser and together they're a great duo. Happy as can be with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I couldn't afford the Clarisonic Mia so I thought this might be good. Well, it definitely is. It does make my cleanser work better, exfoliates, doesnt hurt my skin. It's easy to find, use, keep clean, & saves time. My face is so much clearer & glowy now. This is an excellent product & I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't compare this to the Clarisonic unit because I've never used one but I thought this would be a cheap way to test this cleansing method out before I make that kind of investment. So far I'm pleased. This does seem to get 100% of my makeup off and I noticed that my skin did look noticeably brighter and absorbed my other products faster even after the first use. Is the Clarisonic better? Probably but for $30 this does what it advertises and I have no complaints. I like the fact that I just need to cleanse with this and use a quick swipe of toner before adding moisturizer instead of using an oil to remove my sunscreen and TM, cleansing and then still needing to go over a couple of times with toner to get my skin completely clean. If this continues to work well for me I may pass this on to the kids and invest in the Clarisonic but right now I'm content with this reasonably priced knock off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

Just as the boy and I were mulling purchasing Clarisonic brushes for ourselves, we saw this on television (during a hockey game, no less). We were both immediately drawn to it, and, neither one of us wanting to shell out the $225+ for a Clarisonic, I decided to give it a try. Both of us have very clear skin, save for the occasional break-out (me) or ingrown hair (him). I set it up - and wait I have to mention, it comes with batteries! When did anything in our lives EVER come with batteries?! Olay won major love from me there - and got on my way.

Nervous, I set it to the slower of the two speeds, Clinique facial soap in hand, and set out on my journey. It's fun in a ticklish way, and really feels deeply cleansing. My face felt immediately exfoliated, but not in a harsh manner. After the first use my skin was glowing, and now it's positively radiant! I use it at night, once a day, on the gentler setting, and am in love. It got rid of a pesky red blemish immediately as well! I can tell my moisturizers and serums are definitely working better as well. My foundation looks even better, since there are no more flaky or uneven patches. My skin has never felt better or softer. The boy hasn't given it a try yet, but tries to sneak every time he comes over!

For $30USD, that includes a huge tube of exfoliating cleanser (which I have yet to try), the machine, a brush head, and BATTERIES!!, this is a steal. It's so compact and easy to travel with, and the batteries mean no need outlet converters for charging docks if you travel abroad. I'm so happy I didn't spend $200+ on the Clarisonic. I love it! I will gladly repurchase this if it breaks or is lost....or someone smuggles it from my bathroom!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by P0SSUM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, but just wanted to post regarding the battery compartment. On the box it tells you how to remove it: you rock it side to side while pulling.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Bridgitte

I, too, was going to buy the Clarisonic brush but read about the Olay Pro X one in Marie Claire. I have only used it a couple of times...but it is awesome! I use it on my chest and back as well and really bought it for the body as my body started to break out from extensive workouts. So happy I tried it. Worth every penny. After the first time I used it, some redness looked reduced and my husband commented on how pretty my skin looked. A great value. Hope they come out with some additional heads for the body. Way to go Olay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Get it! This little brush delivers by far better cleansing than the "C$$$ic"-brush, is convenient because of it's size, battery operated (take it with you overseas or camping), and highly affordable (29.99). Plus, the cleansing gel included is simply wonderful for any skin. You need just a little as it foams very well, cleanses very thorough, and leaves your skin soft and not dry.

DDF has an identical brush in its DDF 'Revolve 400x' Micro Polishing System for a much higher price, which I would not recommend. But I do recommend to get the DDF replacement package, including a microdermabrasion cream and 3 replacement brush heads (2 micropolishing heads and a normal brush head) --- they fit on the OLAY brush!!! And I must say the results of using this micropolishing head together with their exfoliator are VERY close to a professional microdermabrasion effect.

Overall this is my top cosmetic product discovery this year!

53 out of 54 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I did not want to shell out the money for a clarisonic. Using this to cleaning my face is definitely an improvement as opposed to my previous method (wash cloth- I know very bad).

upside- cost, gentle brush, really does a good job of cleaning even if you wear lots of makeup.

downside- the brush was stained after the very first use, which I cannot seem to get white again. Although, I do wear a rather thick coating of Estee Lauder makeup to hide my rosacea red face. Perhaps I was supposed to wash my face before I used it (??). So I still give my face a quick soap up and rinse off after I use the scrubber on my face.

I would still recommend this product as a gentle and effective way to thoroughly clean the face

Also, use my own cleansers (Cerave foaming cleanser).

UPDATE
weeks later and still use this every day in the evening (to ensure my makeup is really off). Face feels so clean afterwards. Figured out if I use a soft manicure brush it cleaned the brush at the bottom where the bristle attach to plastic (that was what appeared to be stained and is clean now). I just wash my face a bit before using the scrubber too. My face is definitely softer. I still need to get some meds for rosacea but my face is better. Also at one point I felt my face was breaking out worse from the scrubber but I think it was just purging and is better now

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally i found this. So happy i did.

I got this from Walgreens, it was $30, and i got the $20 cleanser free which is 6oz. Its a basic cleanser, no bells or whistles. You could use it with any cleanser, and i definately would have to be a loony to spend $20 on a cleanser that just gets washed down the drain. So when my free one runs out, i would just use my regular cleanser with the brush.

The bottom part was not hard to open because i just popped if off with a knife and that was that.

The brush is soooo soft (even on the higher speed) that anyone with acne or extremely sensitive skin could use this! Both speeds feel great on my face, i dont have a preference yet! Your skin with be so soft after, and your moisturizer will just glide on your face.

I recommend this to everyone, in fact if there is anyone who you have to buy a gift for, buy them this. It is thirty some bucks well spent!

update: 2/5/12- I rarely use this anymore, I have not used it in months. I now use a wash cloth to exfoliate my face. I still think it is gentle but I prefer a wash cloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ssnurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Also wanted a Clarisonic but didn't want to pay for one. My kids have also tested it out and are very pleased....(18 yr old daughter with gorgeous skin and my 16 yr old son with slight acne around his nose). I'll be definitely be picking up additional heads.

I got mine at Walgreens with the large free exfoliating cleanser!