September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally i found this. So happy i did.

I got this from Walgreens, it was $30, and i got the $20 cleanser free which is 6oz. Its a basic cleanser, no bells or whistles. You could use it with any cleanser, and i definately would have to be a loony to spend $20 on a cleanser that just gets washed down the drain. So when my free one runs out, i would just use my regular cleanser with the brush.

The bottom part was not hard to open because i just popped if off with a knife and that was that.

The brush is soooo soft (even on the higher speed) that anyone with acne or extremely sensitive skin could use this! Both speeds feel great on my face, i dont have a preference yet! Your skin with be so soft after, and your moisturizer will just glide on your face.

I recommend this to everyone, in fact if there is anyone who you have to buy a gift for, buy them this. It is thirty some bucks well spent!

update: 2/5/12- I rarely use this anymore, I have not used it in months. I now use a wash cloth to exfoliate my face. I still think it is gentle but I prefer a wash cloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ssnurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Also wanted a Clarisonic but didn't want to pay for one. My kids have also tested it out and are very pleased....(18 yr old daughter with gorgeous skin and my 16 yr old son with slight acne around his nose). I'll be definitely be picking up additional heads.

I got mine at Walgreens with the large free exfoliating cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by missmakeupmaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this product on YouTube on TotalBeautyTV's channel and I thought, hey I'd give it a try. So I went to my local CVS and bought the starter kit for $30 and let me tell you, it's like having all your troubles cleansed away in just one minute. I used it with the cleanser it came with & I noticed immediately how soft my skin became. I had flakiness around my nose area: GONE. When I rinsed, I paired it with the Olay toner. Once I looked at that cotton pad, there was no dirt or residue to be found. Never have I ever seen that before which makes me a total believer in Olay. No wonder it's been around for so many years. Please go out and purchase this, it's a godsend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this almost a week ago and i'm loving it!!! I bought mine at costco for 36.99 you get the brush,two brush heads, and a full size cleanser with it. Walgreens has it on sale for 29.99 with the cleanser free but the offer is only good online, and i didnt want to wait a week to get it and i belive you only get one brush head with it. This brush is well worth the money you pay for it. It takes off any makeup your makeup remover didnt get off your face. I use ponds cold cream or noxema to take off my makeup as usual and then i used the pro x exfoliating cleanser and the brush on my face and i was shocked to see that my brush had turned brown from all the foundation that was left on my face. After using this for a minute i rinsed my face and dried it, waited a minute and put on my night moisturizer and it felt so great on my face, it felt nice and moist and dewy where usually in the winter my face feels dry and i need a lot more moisturizer. Since i've been using this i dont need as much moistuizer anymore my skin is very soft and my pores are a little smaller. I dont have have big pores but on my noses and on the sides of noses they are a little bigger this has helped and it's only been 5 days i can't wait to see what they look like after 2 weeks.Also I havent had any new breakouts which i'm prone to. The only thing that its a little hard to open as others mentioned. I recommend using a jar grip thing and it's easy to get open. I know a lot of people want to know if it's comparable or better than the clairsonic i dont know, but personally i dont feel that it matters if it's comparable to the clairsonic or not, people should be asking :does it do what they're advertising it to do and the answer is yes. Overall I recommend this product and i already bought a second one for my mom she likes it a lot as well. If my opinion changes i will come back a update my review :)
P.s Just wanted to mention that you can use any liquid cleanser with this brush, i use it with my ceptaphil cleanser and they work great together.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shartigan

i bought this from walgreens when they were giving a free 20.00 cleanser with it , there is also a rebate on olay.com for 20.00 if you purchase 50.00 in olay products. i love the machine so far, the batteries were a bit tricky to install as others have mentioned but once they're in, it is fine. I am using it 2 times a day for about a week and have noticed an improvement. I like the the exfoliating cleanser that came with it and will purchase that when I run out. for my free cleanser they only had the renewing(nourishing?) cleanser. I am using that one in the morning and i will repurchase that as well. I also purchased the night resurfacing elixir, which was on sale for 21.00 and then they had a 3.00 coupon next to it at my walgreens. i don't know if all stores do that but at mine they often put coupons from the paper next to products. I am really liking the elixir so far. it has a little glycolic in it. I don't know if it is the machine or the products that have been working but I have really noticeable improvement in the quality of my skin, I would recommend these products if you are thinking about them. I had not used olay in a long time, but i plan to stick with what I am doing. I am not sure how the machine would compare to the clarisonic, but i just could not justify the expense and I love this one. with all the discounts and the rebate the thing was basically free. if anyone else purchased this, go on olay.com and check out the rebate, it included other products as well so you might have enough to qualify if you bought anything else around that time .

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hivanessa28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with all these other positive comments. I have never used an Olay product before, I was interested in the more expensive power brush but afraid to spend that much and the hassle of trying to return it, AND I have sensitive skin that is Very flakey this time of year.
So for $30, I tried it. So it was a bit hard to get the batteries into it (do use a small flat tool); but then.... heavens sing. I wet my face, put a bit of the cleanser that comes in the box and turned it on. I used it for about a minute.. feels nice; soft. Then rinsed; and my skin was SO SOFT! The flakes gone.. and this was only after ONE use. I've tried other power brushes in years before and Olay's brush is the best due to its softness.
The claim is that it also helps your serum work better, too, and my favorite, Boots 7, does seem to work better. I am excited about this product. My skin glows as if I'd had a professional facial. Works for me!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Rowellty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this the other day from Walgreen's, which had a deal to get the exfoliating cleanser for free. I had been keeping an eye on the Clarisonic for a while, but couldn't justify the price. Well, after seeing this, I knew I had to try it out!

I usually wait for reviews to see what other people say, but since this is such a new product, I just had to take a chance. It does come with a 60 day money back guarantee so that helps. Anyways, I have to say I absolutely love this product and (so far) I am so happy I spent the money. I had some acne on my chin, and after one use on the first night, I woke up and the pimples I have been fighting with for weeks were significantly smaller in size-almost gone! skin is also noticeably softer and I did not have a trace of make up on after I used it.

I like the cleanser it came with as well. I highly recommend the system and going to Walgreen's to purchase, since you get the cleanser for free. I will update as I continue using if there are any changes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by vithuy13

omg..love this product the packaging wasn't all to great because it's hard to get the batteries in, but man it clean my face. It is totally a dupe for the clarisonic, it is a must have

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by swaugerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was intrigued by ads for the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing system in magazines. When I found out the price, I quickly stopped thinking about it! So about two months later, when I saw the ad for this, I was happy to see that I could afford it. It was sold out in CVS; I found the last one in a beat-up box at Walmart.

My face had been attacked lately by salicylic acid because of my acne and in combination with the cold weather it started to peel. I looked terrible on Christmas with flakes of skin peeling on my cheeks and chin. The first time I used this with the cleanser it comes with, I could tell my skin had been exfoliated wonderfully. It took two more cleanings (over 24 more hours) to get all the flakes off because my skin was pretty dried out. The acne hasn't gone away, but of course it's only been four days.

One other great benefit of this is that it feels great, and I use it for well over a minute on the high level. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. When I cleansed my face at night with my hands, I was always in a rush to get to bed, and I know I didn't spend more than 20 seconds doing it. I'm sure this cleans at least 6x better because I'm actually taking the time I should be taking! I always moisturize after and it absorbs quickly.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to exfoliate daily and get a deep down clean.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After getting jipped by Santa who did NOT stock my stocking with a Clarisonic, I decided to pick this up from CVS. It was sort of difficult to remove the bottom portion to insert the batteries (which it came with, thank you!) but other than that, I love this thing. I use it twice a day with various cleansers. I'll also use it with an exfoliating polish, which might not be the best thing in the world for my skin. The brush is soft, there are 2 speeds, (I only use the fastest speed) and it's an affordable option to a Clarisonic. I can't compare the two considering I haven't used the Clarisonic but I can't imagine them being to different. They essentially do the same thing. The Olay scrubber just doesn't have a timer or all the bells and whistles the Mia has. My face feels softer, but it has broken out a bit. Perhaps it's purging? I'm not sure, but I will continue to use it. After each use, I wash the brush head with antibacterial soap and let dry. It's completely waterproof so it's good in the shower. I would recommend this for those who are on a budget but still want the benefit of a clean clean face. I would purchase this again if mine breaks or stops working. It was well worth the 20 bucks.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No