November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by elliotte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thought I would give the waterproof One by One a try. Total failure. Flaked all over my eyes within one hour. Yuck. Back to my waterproof Define a Lash...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite the good reviews on here, I am not impressed with this mascara. This does absolutely nothing for my lashes. The claim is that it separates and de-clumps every lash for instant clump free volume. BULL. My lashes are very long, but thin. I go for volumizing mascaras with a more dry formula, and this just doesn't cut it. My first complaint is that awful chemical-rose smell that all maybelline mascaras have... unnecessary. It does linger quite a while on your lashes. Getting to the actual application, it did exactly what it WASN'T supposed to... I had clumped up lashes. I tried everything from a lash comb to dabbing the brush onto a tissue to get the excess mascara off, and I still had clumps.

I guess I'll stick to my HG, Revlon Grow Luscious.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

Fell for cute packaging. Not impressed. Back it will go. Hardly gave me volume and definitely not lengthening which is fine since it's advertised for volume but dang would've been nice. It looked like I had 6 lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've been through a lot of mascara in the past few years, trying to find one that will work well. The mascara endcap at Sephora knows me well, but I found most of those clumpy, and the tubes dried out quickly. Maybelline Volume Express was recommended in a feature I read, and it was cheap enough that I thought I'd give it a whirl when my tube of Smashbox mascara dried out within about two months.

For me, the brush makes this mascara. The rubber brush really does grab every lash, so it's much easier to apply and does a better job of defining. I haven't had any problems with it drying out quickly, after having it for a couple of months, either. It hasn't been clumpy, and it stays on all day without disappearing.

It doesn't maintain the curl in my lashes all day, but then, I haven't yet found a mascara that will -- including all the mascaras that allegedly curl your lashes.

So far, I'd say this mascara is as good -- and actually in many cases better -- than all the mascaras I've tried in the past few years. Given the price, I'm likely to stick with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

I love this mascara very much! It does dry out a bit quickly when you apply it to your lashes but I feel like that will prevent it from running if you happened to rub your eyes. Anyways, I won't purchase this againonly because I love using different mascaras when I finish a tube but I love this! It does make your lashes a lot longer and it's great :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by GlaMourFloWer

I liked this for a week, after that it dried to fast on my lashes and the tube seemed dry after 3 weeks. It would flake very easily so I just the it away. I really liked it while it lasted I dont know if it was just the bottle I had but it wasn't good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express One by One mascara in search of a mascara that would coat every lash with definition and open up my eyes, without the fake and clumpy look that some mascaras may offer. I found just this! I rated it 4/5 because I thought that it can get a little clumpy if you apply too many coats. The price was also very reasonable. The package quality was nice because the brush came separately in the package so that you can admire the va-va-volume-making brush! The red bottle is also very chic. When I apply this mascara, it look so natural and really defines even my smallest lashes on the bottom! The only downside is that I found it doesn't quite extend your lashes all that much, so I would recommend using a lengthening mascara after a coat or two of this mascara, that is if you want less of a natural look and more of a more of a "girls night out" look! Yes I would definitely buy this product again and I recommend this to anyone who likes a natural look with lashes that are coated in a silky formula "one by one!"
Thank-you, and remember to celebrate YOUR beauty everyday! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by olystacy

I find this is a pretty good cheap mascara. I still like my YSL the best but it is so expensive. This does a good job of separating the lashes but it doesnt give you the volume and length of some of the higher end mascara brushes. I would purchase again - a good mascara for a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm always looking for great mascara which lenghtens, volumizes and separates lashes.
This is the closer I got to perfection! No clumps, nice brush, easy to apply (even if I always smudge, as I have really small eyes).
The price is extremely reasonable (I spent 30 on Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes and it was sooo not worth it!).
I think I found my mascara <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by plummsummer

best mascara i have ever used... also one of the cheapest mascaras i have ever used. i personally dislike the waterproof formula but i love this one! it seperates, volumizes, and lengthens, which is everything a mascara should to. but be careful, its very prone to smudging while wet.