July 25, 2014 | 1841 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by exu2

This was recommended by several YouTube gurus and so I bought this for around $18 AUD. It says that it is supposed to last 25 hours, which it does, but it starts to melt (t-zone) at the 6 to 8 hour mark (obviously an overstatement). I find that this gives a really nice dewy look on the face and looks very natural. It's the only foundation that people comment on how great my skin (and not my foundation) looks.
The shades sort of resemble MAC so if you are a NC20 get 200 etc. It looks a bit yellow/ orange in the tube but once applied it looks fine. IMO it had medium to full coverage and is buildable. It's not as thick as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and a lot creamier. It applies best with fingers for a full coverage and a stippling brush for medium coverage. With a paddle brush, the foundation easily streaks. It covers up acne scarring, pigmentation and current acne quite well, however some concealer is need for more prominent or darker areas. One of the most moisturising foundations out there, great for dry skin and everyday wear in winter. But it's necessary to set this foundation because it doesn't really dry to a matte finish.
Smells pretty good for a foundation. Rimmel has squeeze tube packaging which is different from the screw top of normal ones. I prefer this because it's much easier to get the last remnants of product out of this than glass packaging. Just cut open the tube lol. The small hole also doesn't allow foundation to be stuck into the lid and is hygienic!!
No break outs from this foundation! WOOH

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ramonaquimby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in true ivory the other day, after reading a review on a blog. It's been years since I have used a liquid foundation, but I am really, really impressed with the price, lasting power, and color match. All for an unbelievable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by kpalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tell everyone about this foundation. I think it is comparable to MAC StudioFix foundation. The coverage is amazing. It actually last all day. If I don't remember to wash my face before bed I will wake up with a full face of makeup.
It is really cheap and the packaging doesn't break like other rimmel products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid foundation for about 2 months now, and I'm really happy with it. I use it with a Mac 109 brush, and that works the best for me. It blends nicely, and the coverage is excellent. I have mature skin with acne scars, so nothing will make me perfect.It is hydrating as well.
When I use a primer with it the coverage and staying power is even better. I have been using the ColorStay foundation for awhile, but I didn't want to tote a glass bottle around when traveling. The Rimmel container packs easier. I chose the 200 Soft Beige, and it matches quite well.
The only thing I don't care about is the fragrance. I don't like my face products to have a scent, but I can live with it. The price was around $10 dollars. I can't wait till I test drive it this Summer, and see if it really holds up to the heat and humidity. I will repurchase.
Update: I am still using this, and still love it. The only thing I'm doing differently is using a sponge or my Sigma flat top kabuki brush.I am also using the Laura Geller primer with it. Just amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by albs

This foundation works so well for me! I love the finish of it, it's not matte (a plus for me personally) but it doesn't leave your face looking slick. It's very natural looking on my skin while offering the right amount of coverage. I dot it on my face and blend it with a large, damp Quo sponge. It definitely doesn't last 25 hours but it gets me through my 8 hour work day. I'll certainly be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by rachelhorrigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im still in school atm so I hate wearing too much MU but this foundation is perfect, feels weightless, lasts a rediculous amount of time, perfect for that "not wearing make up" look. and for that price..amazing foundation, will deffinatly be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by michellementor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have heard about this foundation from many reviews and make up gurus on youtube. I finally decided to try it. I have to say I am really impressed. I have left over bad skin from terrible acne. My skin has cleared up but I need to cover some pretty bad scaaring and what not. I would not recommend applying this with fingers or brushes though. I use a foundation brush to apply dots of it to my skin and then I use a wet beauty blender to finish it. Makes all the difference in the world. Makes it natural looking and flawless. I barely need concealer afterwards as well. I haven't given it a five since I don't know about the lasting power or if it breaks me out yet.

Another heads up...if you live in canada, London drugs as a near perfect beauty blender dupe for less than half the price...check it out. I could not even tell the two apart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ashwillis83

I have repuchased this foundation 4 or 5 times. Not much comes in the tube so it goes quickly. But i still like it alot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by honeylocks

Mine comes in a glass bottle and pump dispenser
- hash re-launched...makes you wonder how much of the stuff they have in their factory and have added extra ingredients to shift it.

I only bought this because it was on intro offer and has a new shade (true nude 303) which seemed light and natural enough in colour (and I even went and stood at the shop window several times to be sure) however it's very very dark and unnatural - a far cry from 'true nude' indeed.

The application was weird and difficult - very difficult to spread even though it feels oily.
You practically have to drag it over your face, pulling and pressing and constant blending at it and still it never looks right, even when you've just applied it.
A mucky mess. Tideline city. And smels like cheap air freshner.

Don't even attempt to powder over it - your brush/puff will stick to your face.
I looked like an alien with it on, my entire face was greasy

It claims to have a lightweight feel - not at all. It feels heavier than pan-stick.
And I broke out in tiny white spots after a few hours, which I rarely if ever do.

Mine's in the recycling now, washed the contents down the sink. Expensive at €12 (or thereabouts whatever the full price is).

Avoid like the plague.

I sometimes buy Rimmel's Stay Matte Mousse and its liquid variety,
which are really good. Though be warned to exfoliate well once/twice a week and wear a rich moisturiser before application.
Simple Regeneration Age Resisting SPF15 is great and sinks in really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really impressed with this foundation. I wanted full coverage without a matte finish and this delivered.

I am around an NC20-30, depending on the season. My face is usually lighter than my chest, however, so I wanted something that would be a bit darker than my actual face at the moment. I got 200 Soft beige and I love the coloring on me. I'm yellow-undertones also.

This delivered full coverage on me, better than ELDW or Revlon Colorstay, IMO. The finish is pretty dewy/natural depending on how it's applied and if I set it with powder or not. It's NOT matte. I wouldn't recommend this for oily girls, seeing as I have dry skin and it can get a little oily on me after a full days wear.
I have sensitive and am acne prone and this didn't break me out (yay)

It holds up great though, not sure about 25 hours, but I go a full day of school and work with this stuff.

The color range sucks, but luckily I found one that works for me. At around six bucks(I got it at Target) you are getting great packaging, a nice finish and great coverage. I will repurchase.