Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a really great foundation. I've been using this for around 4 years (yep, back in the days when it was only 16 hours - now it's 25!) It covers up my blemishes and acne, without looking cakey, and provides a great base for my concealer and blush. I have combination-dry skin, and it's definitely not drying, but doesn't cause me to get too oily like other moisturizing foundations, only a bit of dewiness after a full day of having it on. It doesn't quite live up to the "25 hour" claim, and I would say after around 15-16 hours it starts to lose it's power. It's a wonderful product and I have repurchased it more times than I can remember.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i'm having a love-hate relationship with this foundation. sometimes i'm absolutely in looooovvveeee with it! but the day after i hate it to death. But for the most part , on the days that I love it, I love everything about it , even the smell. The coverage is great and has an awesome satin finish for my dry-ish skin. on the days where my skin is crocodile dry , I just set it with M-A-C Fix+ and its a lovely finish :) I love the lasting power of it , it's kinda rub-proof unless you really want it to rubb off ! And the shade is great for my skin (Sand beige) .

Overall : I love it , on some days :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am really enjoying this foundation. As others have mentioned, this is what I always felt Revlon Colorstay should be but never was. This stuff lasts very well indeed. You definitely know you are wearing foundation (it's not magic!) but considering the coverage and lasting power it is not that heavy. I chose the color "Ivory" even though it looked too dark in the tube and it is actually perfect. It does not make me break out more than normal (my skin has a tendency to break out).
EDITED: I think I wrote this review too quickly - I realised after using it for a little while that it was actually highlighting my large pores and just felt too thick on my skin. I prefer Almay TLC for a longwearing drugstore foundation.

on 1/6/2012 10:19:00 AM

I read some reviews on here and decided to give this foundation a try. I have about five different kinds I'm using right now and not completely happy with any. I just ran out of Revlon photo ready which I quite like but I think I prefer this Rimmel now. It happened to be on sale ($8.50)at my Shoppers so I grabbed it. I had a bit of an issue with the shades as they are quite limited and you cannot tell a thing from just looking at the packaging but they did have testers which was cool. I really like this stuff, It has amazing coverage and still maintains a dewy look for me. Lately I'm feeling old and ugly and this gave me a nice even look, refreshed even. I recommend it, altho younger skin may find it a bit heavy.

on 1/1/2012 10:33:00 PM

I love this foundation!
When I bought this, i noticed the color selection was bad, there were like six shades, but I tried Soft Beige (coincidentally same name as the NYC foundation I got) and I think I chose the right color.
This applies smoothly (blends easily) and isn't cakey, is long lasting, has no heavy smell, has medium/buildable coverage, a sort of dewy finish without powder... I have no complaints about the actual product.
I'm glad this has a squeeze tube instead of those extremely annoying pumpless glass bottles. It's easier to get the product out, it's a lot lighter, and more compact (a lot of foundations have excess glass around them to make you think you get more product).
And I can't believe this is so much cheaper than most foundations at only $8
Bottom line: awesome so far. The color selection is disappointing though, and this is way lighter than it appears in the tube. But nothing a little bronzer (or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind the Eraser Makeup that's too dark) won't fix.

on 12/29/2011 4:46:00 PM

For the price, I was pretty impressed with this product. After reading reviews here for this product, I went into the store knowing that the shade selection would be minimal, and that the fairest shade might be a little on the darker side. I took a chance anyways and got the fairest shade, and I was impressed, even with my winter skin tone, it doesn't look too dark. I have oily skin so most foundations disappear after a few hours, this one lasted longer than most by itself, and when I used a primer it lasted even longer. Another plus is that it doesn't seem to cause breakouts.

on 12/27/2011 4:39:00 AM

i really like this foundation for when i need a little extra coverage or if i need a foundation with no spf. the finish of this is beautiful, a very lovely satin finish. i love that it is very easy to apply as well. blends very well with just the fingers. no need for a brush or even a sponge. it layers very easily as well, doesn't get cakey or noticable even with multiple layers. does not dry out my skin throughout the day but i don't know what they are talking about with 25 hours. even with my dry skin after my 7-8 hour shift at work this is pretty faded, won't look bad though, fades very naturally but definitely doesn't last any longer than 8 hours and i can imagine on oily skin that would be even shorter. but that is just my experience. overall, i would definitely recommend this lovely formulation for a very reasonable price.

on 12/23/2011 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in Classic Beige and i like the formula and the finish it gives.

on 12/22/2011 11:01:00 PM

When I first got this foundation, I was really happy with it. It has great coverage, giving my skin a very smooth and natural look. It also lasts for ages (even though, I haven't really tried the theory of having it on for 25 hrs as it states, but I won't be surprised if it does).

However, after some time of using the foundation, I realised that it started to bring my dry skin out. Now, my skin tone/complexion is normal so there is slight dryness but none to raise concern so therefore, dry skin isn't really a problem for me. But when I applied this foundation, the dry skin seemed to stick out. This is the only reason I give this foundation a 4 out of 5. Nonetheless, I tackled this issue by applying a lot of moisturiser as base before putting the foundation on. Again, the coverage still looked great and it also lasted for hours.

I wouldn't like to discourage you from buying this foundation, bcause I've read previous reviews and no one seems to have the problem with the dry skin thing so it could be that it is only my skin.. :/. This is the only reason I wouldn't buy this foundation again as other foundations don't give me the same problem.

on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 PM

I have very sensitive combination skin and many products break me out easily. I've been trying out so many foundations, including a lot of department store ones, and there was always something wrong with them. Some were too dry, some made my face look oily after a few hours, and some (which was the case with most of them) broke me out very badly. When I came across this foundation I didn't expect a lot from a product of this price range (7-8 EUR), however I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my skin felt very comfortable and after trying it out for a few weeks I realized my skin had stopped breaking out altogether. A couple of people had also complimented my complexion (this had never happened before), and asked me what I do with my skin to make it so perfectly porcelain! This occurred a few times now, so I know that this is a product I should definitely stick to! Only one small downside - it does take a while to dry after you put it on, but once its dry it looks amazing. Also, I noticed that it shows up great on photos too!