Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 3/26/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After the seeing the reviews here (thanks ladies!), I went out and purchased this for about $11.50 at Target. Currently, I use Smashbox Photo Op undereye brightener ($18), as well as Clarins instant light (which is a pen like Touche Eclat, but cheaper -- although at $28 still IMO pricey). I am not unhappy with how the two work, I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I have a separate review of the Photo op, and to me, this product is like a combination of that plus a bit of concealer.

This roller has a thin consistency. I did a test using this on one eye and my current combination on the other. This was a close second as far as coverage without settling into lines, and staying power, but at less than $12 versus $46 for the other two, it really performed well. What I did like is this covers pretty well, but is fairly lightweight and does not crease, or at least minimally and you can just blend it out when you apply. It also has decent staying power -- maybe not all day and evening, but all day, yes). It works well if you do not have really dark circles (and normally I don't). It was a little more drying than the Photo Op (which I use over my whole undereye area to cover some blue veining at the outer corner, followed by the Clarins more in the inner half -- the Photo op gives light coverage without emplhasizing lines and is very moisturizing). I also like that this has no shimmer, while the Photo Op does. Overall, I would repurchase, knowing I might need to use something a little heavier in the inner corner/half sometimes. Plus, I could try adding a little something extra to combat the dryness (which I really only notice at the outer corner of my eyes). Also, since it's only one product, it would be better for travel..

on 3/26/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had used all kinds of different products around the eyes area. I always thought these cream/gels treatments never work. It was one of the most disappointing money wasting products I had spent years after years searching for something that works. I tried Garnier moisturizer before and wasn't impress with it , so I didn't have much hope for this either. The reason I gave this a try because all the rave reviews and youtube gurus. With the sale at CVS plus Extra Bucks, it turns out under $10 and to my surprise it works really well. I have a little discoloration under my eyes, mainly purplish around the corner and this covers beautifully. You feel a little cold from the ball that rolls out the product. It blends well into my skin and didn't show my fine lines which is a big plus. It covers well the discoloration and actually brighten my eye area. Since I use this, I didn't need to buy another eye treatment and actually already buy a backup for this. Try it if you haven't found any success with others.

I like this product because it is so easy to use (rollerball to apply then dab with your fingers), portable (only makeup that I take everywhere I go for touch ups), blendable, soothing (cools you under eye areas when applied) and covers my dark circle pretty well without my under eye looking dry nor cakey (can go alone without setting powder). It is not an extra strength, long lasting concealer but it makes me atleast look awake wearing with this alone and no other make up. Downside is it may not match every skin tone (though I believe it now comes in two different tone), it can also be a little pricey depending where you get it.

I really like this product. It almost completely covers my dark under eye circles and it has a brightening effect to my skin. I recommend dabbing it on and then blending it with your finger as the applicator will roll on too much. This works very well and was not too expensive. The reason for 4 stars is that it doesn't come in darker shades. I am very pale and don't see how this product would work on someone if they were tan or had a darker skin tone.

This is The Best under eye concealer I've ever tried! It's hard to believe it actually does anything when you first open the tube/roller. The consistency is really thin but don't be deceived; it gives great coverage. I don't care much for the roller because it's quite hard to get the right amount of product but I just apply it with my -clean- finger. It feels refreshing and it conceals the dreaded dark circles quite well. It doesn't make them disappear but it gives a more softened and awake look. Very happy with it and I'm definitely buying again.

on 3/25/2011 4:19:00 PM

I have hereditary dark circles/bags. They aren't blue or anything, but they're dark (maybe hyperpigmentation) and hereditary. I have quite the arsenal of concealers and none of them has quite done the trick; either it gives too little coverage or the coverage is so clearly not my skin color that I've come full circle.

This little thing gives sheer coverage (and it states so) but I've found it brightens and blends in beautifully, especially if you blend it, walk away, and then come back to the mirror. The cold metal ball seems to de-puff a bit, too. I think the rollerball deposits a liiiittle too much product (I tend to just dab it in the corner and blend it out with a finger) but other than that, it works great.

It doesn't completely cover my dark circles, but it diminishes them enough that they're not the main attraction. I'm not sure about decreased bags with continued use (which is claimed) because I haven't used it long enough.

on 3/24/2011 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works just like any other concealer and you can still see the dark circles. I truly wish it worked since I paid 24.00 for it but it just doesn't work as I wanted it to!

on 3/24/2011 10:42:00 PM

This is the only product that has been able to help in completely covering my dark circles! I am fair skinned with very dark undereye circles, both hereditary and from minimal sleep/long work hours. Before this product, I was using Benefit Erase Paste. It covered them a little bit, but people were constantly asking me if I was tired. Everything else would crease and settle into the fine lines under my eyes. Then when I was in Target last week, I saw this and the other eye roller by Garnier. Being the shopaholic that I am, I bought both. I don't know if it's the combination of the two or what, but I use the colorless one first, then my Hope in a Tube eye moisturizer. I save this product for last, after my foundation and eye makeup. I just lightly dab a small amount onto my under eye area and tap in out with my ring finger and it covers instantly! Definitely a keeper!

on 3/24/2011 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This will forever be my undereye concealer! I love this stuff! You need so little of it to work. I can see how this wouldn't work for darker skinned people, and that sucks, Garnier should come out with a darker formula as well. The color of it doesn't do a ton, but the brightening qualities of it are amazing, that's what really helps with the circles. It makes the light bounce right off of your circles. It's amaxing stuff!

on 3/24/2011 7:39:00 PM

To start off: I have darker than average, heriditary dark circles. Adding onto the genetic factor, I am a high-strung university student who does not get very much stable sleep. Put those two factors together and we are talking bad, bad things here. Normally, I would use a THIN layer of Benefit's Erase Paste after my foundation and then Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer on top of that. Needless to say, that is a VERY pricey combination, but it worked well to conceal and brighten my undereyes. So why stray? The combination is destined for creasing and if I wear eye make-up, it WILL somehow throughout the day, smudge under. I always set with Benefit's Powderflage or LM's Secret Brightening Powder by the way.

Enter: Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Roller. It has taken the place of my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer! Thank goodness because I have a brand new pot of the old formulation which I want to savor for my blemishes (heard the new formula was subpar compared to the old formula). Anyway, this really does help brighten and keep my undereyes looking a little less dreadful. Even if I was in a rush, I could skip Erase Paste and solely use this to brighten up the undereyes. The formula is SO nice. I always shake the product prior to applying and roll it under my eyes. I then use my ring finger to pat it all around my undereyes, using the triangular method (everywhere above the cheekbone basically). The best thing is that this does not crease nor cause my eye make-up to smudge.

Because I purchased this for around $12 on sale, I rated this a 1 in dirt cheap. I'm sorry, but please tell me the next time you find an eye brightener/concealer for $12 that is 15 ml (HALF the size of a FOUNDATION!), and works as well as this does. Amazing value for what it delivers!

Love this. I always see it on sale, so try picking it up then! HTH :)