October 31, 2014 | 933 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by teago

Ive only had this for a few days, using it nightly, and I really like it and can see a difference already.
Im a frequent user of high percentage glycolic so my skin is already pretty 'tough' but is easily sensitized if the balance is slightly off. I thought Clarisonic might upset this balance but it has not. Everything else in my skincare is natural and organic so Im hoping the Mia will replace my need to use glycolics. After using it my skin looks brighter and more plump due to the Mia boosting circulation.

It has ever so slightly dried out my skin but Im sure it will rebalance itself soon. The drying has not effected my makeup application or made me feel tight at all so Im not worried.

If you have Dry and Sensitized skin I would not recommend this. Only maybe for a weekly or fortnightly treatment, not once or twice a day like normal - oily skinned people may be able to use.
I know that everyone probably wishes it was for all skin types but its really not.

In Australia this retails for $150AUD. I thought it was going to be at least $50-100 more, especially considering that a cleanser and moisturiser can cost a similar amount here in Aus! Considering what it is I believe the price to be very reasonable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG. Worth the hype. Great skin begins with clean skin, and this does it. I feel my skincare products work better because they are not sitting on top of a layer of dead skin cells. Had this since September, and it has improved the overall appearance of my skin. I use Philosophy purity or Cetaphil cleanser with my Mia after I wipe the day away with my Ponds or Olay cleansing wipes. It's worth the splurge. For those of you that get dried out, make sure you are using a good moisterizer after cleansing with your Mia, it will make a HUGE difference :) LOVE IT!!!! My only regret is that maybe I should have really splurged on the full size Clairsonic.... I am a self tanner addict and can only imagine how amazingly the full size clairsonic exfoliates :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nominal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be careful purchasing this product. Before using the MIa my skin was dry and I had the ocassional pimple. I was hoping the Mia would revitalise my skin and allow it to glow. No such luck. The Mia completely dried out my skin and I broke out into a rash after using it 5 times. My skin feels irritated, itchy, and bumpy and hard like I have a layer of dry scar tissue on my face. I have all of these tiny little bumps on my skin that I never had before. Long story short, the Mia damaged my skin and it feels tender and flaky. I have tried to moisturize but it still feels scaly and dry. I am going to return this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bebelove01

Love it I use it every other day and it really makes a difference. It's not cheap but definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Clarisonic Mia after much deliberation at the end of September, and to be really honest I'm a little disappointed with it. I read such glowing reviews that I thought this would improve my skin a lot. I mainly bought it so that I wouldn't have to use cleansing oil to remove my makeup and also to improve the texture of my skin. It has done that to a certain extent but it hasn't done anything like drastically reduce the appearance of clogged pores/blackheads, nor does it make the skin that much nicer. If you can afford it, it is a good tool to have since it does do a better job of cleansing than just using your fingers, but I wouldn't say it's a huge necessity.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by slinky501

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi, I bought this after reading reviews on here, sounded great. I've suffered from acne in the past and my skin type is acne prone and also prone to deydration and showing first signs of ageing (I'm prone to suspect this is in part due to use of BP, which was effective at clearing my skin of acne, but has lead to slackened, dehydrated skin). Ok so was excited to try this out but tbh didn't notice any amazing results at all. My face didn't feel cleaner than with my micro-fibre cloth- 1 from bodycare, I HIGHLY recommend), in fact I found that I had to wash it anyway with the cloth afterwards. My skin also broke out in spots after the first use and for me this is just not workable. I scar and it took some time and care to get my skin under control, so I have no intention of sticking with something that irritates my skin so markedly. I've found other products that clear acne and blocked pores without any so called 'purging' period (a theory that I am skeptical about anyway). I really don't believe a period of breakout to be necessary with any skin product, in my opinion, it simply irritated the skin and caused acne inflammation. If it works for you great, but I would not recommend from my own experience.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by producthoarder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still undecided about this product. I received the "Poppy" Mia for Christmas and have been using once a day with my normal cleanser. I seem to experience mild breakouts ever since. A little annoying. Purging?? Who knows. I did give it 4 lippies, however, as I did notice a tremendous improvement in stubborn blackheads I could never get rid of. Fantastic exfoiliator! I now use every few days and the breakouts are improving. Still sticking with it for the exfoliating alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading and devouring anything and everything I could read on the Clarisonic Mia I took my Sephora gift cards/xmas money and splurged on it! I saw the jaguar one and even though it was $10 extra ($129) I GOT IT. I'm a sucker for jaguar/cheetah prints. But I digress...I love it. I had previously used the Clarisonic Classic that belonged to a friend I lived with over the summer. I felt spoiled and as if I was getting a facial everyday. I have used the mini cleanser it came with along with my some other regular cleansers I have. No matter what cleanser I have used (except for the No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser!) I was always left with lots of extra make up on my toner cotton pad. After using the Clarisonic my skin is clean, and completely free of any traces of make up. I'm hooked. The only thing (yes, I'm lazy) is that you have to pre-cleanse your face, which makes sense-wouldnt want to clog the face brush with make up. But apart from that tiny thing...I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Breannaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the clarisonic Pro &I love this! I use it 2-5 times a week to remove my dead skin cells and omg it does a fantastix job. I had cystic acne and this helped open my pores and removed everything. Best $250 ive spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dihfer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

have been using this once daily for about 3 months now and I have noticed a change in texture to my skin (softer). My skin has never been problematic or acne-prone, so I have always had good skin in general. But after using Mia for 3 months, I noticed people commenting on my skin being more 'glowy' and 'radiant'! I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine so I put it down to Mia. It is a bit on the expensive side but I'll say its well worth it. I have recommended my friends to this and they all loved it!!