E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 6/20/2011 11:01:00 AM

This didn't really work for me, but that doesn't mean it's a bad product.
I actually like the combination of the cream with the powder, because it has great staying powder when combined and you can also use one without the other if you feel like it.
Unfortunately, the undertone of the cream was way too warm for me (I'm blonde, definitely more on the ashy side, and I got this kit in the colour Light), so it just looked really odd on me.
The colour of the powder I find very deceptive - it looks quite light in the pan, but when applied on top of the cream it's actually a lot darker than you would expect.
The double-ended brush that comes with this is surprisingly helpful.
The packaging is nice and sleek, but I had trouble getting the brush out of its compartment (maybe that's just me being daft though ^^).
Not to mention, it's dirt cheap.

All in all, this is a nice kit - for a blonde with WARM undertones in her hair!

EDIT: Since I bought this, E.L.F. have released a new brow kit in the colour Ash - it looks quite light, so might be more suitable for me (and other ashy blondes). Will try :-)

on 6/20/2011 10:47:00 AM

Didn't work for me - The gel was too stiff... My brown Eyeshadow works better.

on 6/15/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wonderful. I was used to Rimmel's eyebrow pencil but the Elf kit is better, makes them pop out but not in that 'these are not my real eyebrows' look.

i have a bunch of eyebrow products designes to fill in/ hold hairs in place and this one is part of my rotation. it is annoying because you have to turn it over to get the little brush out, but the produc itself is great! the powder adds a little bit of body and substance to the darker wax/creme. i don't think you're supposed to use it that way, but i have very dark brows and i use it like that. the powder dowsn't make the wax any lighter IME, it just beefs it up a little bit. without the powder mixed it, though, the creme/wax side alone is not enough on my brows.

on 6/5/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Not my favorite brow kit, as I prefer the one with wax.. This one has a cream base (or whatever you wanna call it) It's not bad though. Really nice packaging. Color is nice. I would not repurchase only because I prefer the ones w/ wax.

on 6/2/2011 4:09:00 PM

I love this product! For the price, it far exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant to try this, it was the first E.L.F product I have ever tried. But for $3, I could not resist. It is so easy to use and lasts all day! The packaging is also nice, considering the price. I will definitely re purchase this when I run out.

on 5/25/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently went on an E.L.F spree and amongst all the products, I bought the E.L.F eyebrow kit in Dark (I had brown hair at this point). It's in their Studio range and costs 3.50 in UK and $3 in USA.
I've always used a pencil to shade in my eyebrows but I've totally converted to this product! You apply a dark wax base to your eyebrow using the angled end of the double ended brush supplied, and then apply the slightly lighter power on top with the other end.
Because the wax is sealed by the coloured powder, it lasts all day! Whereas pencil always used to fade or rub off me as I have quite oily skin, but this is hard to rub off and you can go swimming with it and the wax holds. Easy to get off with makeup removers.
I'm about to buy another kit in Ash as I have dyed my hair back to blonde now.

on 5/23/2011 5:37:00 AM

I didn't expect that it would be that good. I have fair skin and blond eyebrows that are almost invisible. I got the ash colour and they look great!

on 4/26/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I am so in love with this, I don't know where to start, but I guess I'll start by saying that for the price you're paying this is amazing. Well since I am a newb at makeup I didn't really wanna spend a whole lot for an eyebrow kit at Sephora, so I scooped this up while at Target. At first I was not really loving this, but after seeing what a difference it makes I have to say I'm hooked. It just fills in the eyebrows and gives them a cleaner look, also this comes with a decent brush therefore you don't have to carry any brushes with you. I don't really like the powder because it makes my eyebrows lighter, but the wax works nicely, it goes on smoothly and is nicely pigmented. The only complaint I have is that it does get a bit smudgy, which I guess the powder would fix that but I don't use it. Therefore, I am still giving it 5 stars. I really love the packaging, its similar to NARS, simple and sleek. I have already stocked up on more and recommend it to anyone since its cheap and easy to use. Most importantly it gets the job done greatly.

on 4/21/2011 3:54:00 AM

It is not usefull for me. My eyebrows is dark, eyepencils are better.

Popular Brows Products