E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 11/30/2011 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I ordered this in Dark few months ago. I`m devoted brow pencil user.
Fast and easy to fill in some sparsness in my black brows. The reason was the odd light brown colour of the powder side. No way it works w/ dark brows! But the wax side is dark enough. It was suprisingly easy to use with included applicator. I don`t own separate brow brush but slanted eyeliner brush would the job. Wax filled sparsness well and stayed put whole day indoors. I put some UDPP eyeprimer under like I do with pencils for longevity. It did take double the time to apply and more patience than with browpencil. And I need so little, just some "filling" near my nose. I`ll stick with pencils:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOOO! They changed the color for the Ash eyebrow kit. I ordered the ash one 2 years ago and bought it again a few week ago and the colors are no longer the same! I loved loved loved the previous color and now the ash eyebrow kit is too light for me. Anyone know where I could buy a substitute for the previous ash brow color?? The color that I want is the powder on the right shown on the 4th picture above.

on 11/18/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is something I've used for a few years and have been very happy with. I mostly use the wax side because the medium brown powder is not dark enough for my brows. I apply it with a Nars Eyebrow brush and it looks completely natural. It does need a touch up but I have not found a product that looks so natural even in daylight, so I will put up with that for now.

on 11/16/2011 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Kit is good but I use a different brush to the one that came with it. I'm NC25 and I got the medium colour which is quite dark - I have dark brown eyebrows so it matches pretty well.

on 11/13/2011 9:33:00 AM

I've completely hit pan on this thing, working on my next one. I use medium and it is just about the perfect color for my brows. A word of caution though, there is a lot of red in my natural hair color, and this powder tends to run very warm, so if you have cool tones it might not work as well for you.

The wax is a great consistency which could easily be used on its own. The powder is not cakey and blends well with the wax as long as you use a spoolie.

on 11/12/2011 1:16:00 PM

I think it is okay, but the lightes shade ash is quite warm toned and I expected cool toned gel side. I would buy it again, but it is not perfect color match for my eyebrows. I like that it has two sides, gel and setting powder, but I use more of my gel than powder. It is really good for that price.

on 11/9/2011 6:49:00 PM

Works Great. I bought the medium kit at target (I think they only have medium there) I use it to fill in my eyebrows, but they are not sparse, so I don't know how it would work for sparse eyebrows. I also don't use it to shape them, so again I can't comment on that. So for what my needs are I like it. Also I can't compare to much because I have never used any other brow kits. I've used a matte dark brown shadow and it looked good, but didn't last. I've also used clear gel, but hated the hardness and sheen of it. This is one reason why I like it so much, it doesn't give my brows that fake/shiny look. Also, I put it on this morning at like 6:30 am and at 3:30 pm it still looks good, 9 whole hours. I say for 3 dollars give it a try, the only problem I could see someone having is this being too dark. I have pretty dark hair and brows, not black, and no problem. So, that wouldn't be a problem with the actual product, just the shade. Oh and the little brush it comes with isn't too bad either. I have a higher end brow/liner brush, but can still use the one it comes with.
**UPDATE**
When I first wrote the review I was only using the wax side so once I had tried both the wax and the powder I realized that the powder made my eyebrows pull slightly reddish. No big deal for me because my natural hair does that in the sunlight. Since this product is so cheap and works well I still really like and will continue to buy even though I will; most likely stick to the wax side (Unless I find something better).

on 11/6/2011 3:02:00 PM

I use this kit daily in the medium shade. When I first bought it I thought it was a little dark but if you use the gel and powder together right it becomes a decent medium shade. The actual product works really well for filling in and defining my brows. I do wish the brush that comes with the set was larger. Overall though I really do like the product, especially for such a low price.

on 11/2/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in the medium shade because that's all there was available, but it's WAY too dark for my brows. I think my brows are pretty dark, but I guess not. I want to get the lighter shade possibly, but even it looks pretty dark in the website preview.
Besides the color, it does work great. My brows were filled in and looked nice.

on 10/21/2011 4:15:00 AM

I wish they would make this for darker brows! I can only use the dark brown wax, the powder simply is too light for my black eyebrows. That is why I took away the lippie and also because it transfers fairly easily. If you press a kleenex tissue on it you will notice it will indeed come off, especially after 8 hours. My skin is combination and I do get oilier around the T-zone and also I have bangs so I'm sure this also affects it's transferability. But if they would just include a dark brown powder instead of the very light brown, almost beige powder, I would have never look for anything better.

Popular Brows Products