April 18, 2014 | 1630 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

*jumps on bandwagon*
After my Borgese/Costco powder brush disintigrated (my faith in the rest of the set shattered) I trekked to two Walgreens and two Ultas solely to lay my hands on these elusive brushes. I picked up the 5-piece set (~$11 on sale) and the full size powder brush (~$7 on sale) and so far they don't disappoint. The bristles are synthetic and not very dense, so they don't "grip" as much powder as natural fiber/denser brushes. The concealer and eyeshadow brushes are nearly identical - the only differences are bristle color (shadow is brown, concealer is 2-tone), and the concealer brush is slightly more pointed. I find the concealer brush too big for anything but under eye/around nose, and the shadow brush is too big and flat for anything but a wash. I use the concealer brush to blend concealer after I've dotted it on, and the shadow brush to apply primer/concealer to my lids. Overall, the set is a great buy for the price and while I like them now, I'm curious to see how these hold up after months of use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

I first saw these in Allure magazine, and then at Walgreens. I didnít buy it then because I've been led astray by Allure before, so I just waited. I kept seeing it at my walgreens and finally I just got it (5 pcs set for $10.99), and good thing I did because since then , all the walgreens ive been to are sold out!

The powder brush- very very soft, I could not help swirling it around and around on my face, I used it to apply my mineral veil, bronzer and blush- perfect!!

Concealer bursh- vey dense and I like how its tapered, it made putting on concealerfun

Shadow brush- this is awesome!!! It picked up a lot of color AND deposited a lot of color as well. I tried it for blending, and even though it is dense and firm enough to pick up color, it was still soft enough that belnding was very easy and seamless! I ended up putting aside my Mac 217 to use this for blending.

Angled eyeliner brush- I like that it is not so thick, but it its firm enough to give me that line w/o squiggles and stray liner all over my lid. The angle makes it easier to do a winged tip as well.

Eyebrow/Lash brush- I didnít use this because I have sonia kashuk metal lash comb/brwo brush combo and I love that and prefer the metal lash combs to anythign else.

Overall, I am extremely happy with these babies. I like how its is "green" and even though Im just one person, that's still one person "helping" the environment :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dewsprout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was wandering aimlessly through Duane Reade and Ecotools brushes causht my eye. I couldn't resist buying one so I ended up just getting the eyeshadow brush to test it out. The brush worked really well so I got the whole set the next week. The first time I went to get it, they were sold out! Anyway, I am enjoying the set, especially the powder brush which works great with mineral makeup.
The only negative is that the eyeshadow and eyeliner left over on the brushes after using them get the case filthy and I stupidly put the darn thing in the washing machine and it shrunk!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These brushes are fabulous and for the price, you can't go wrong. I first saw them in Domino Magazine's March issue and was intrigued by the Taklon bristles that I heard were so soft and cruelty-free (not made from animal hair nor in such a manner as to harm animals, etc.). I bought the brushes individually as the set was sold out at all of the local Walgreen's that I visited as well as online. The Powder brush is heavenly soft and the bristles do not shed. I can apply my mineral powder makeup easily with them and get a natural buffed finish. The Blush brush is equally phenomenal and blush is applied softly and evenly. The angled eyeliner brush is fantastic: it's thin enough so that you can apply eyeliner close to the lash line and this brush won't lose its angle or shape. The eyebrow brush/eyelash comb is stiff enough to do it's job of brushing your eyebrows. The eyeshadow brush is dome-shaped and flat and applies eyeshadows beautifully and blends superbly. I haven't tried the concealer brush as it is sold as part of the set but not individually. These brushes are the best that I have seen or felt! And the price: well you just can't beat it. Highly recommend!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Joyce7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These brushes are a steal at 10.99. As the previous reviewers noted, they are dense and well made. I would definitely buy these again if I needed to. They're excellent tools, they're eco-friendly and cruelty free, what more can you ask for?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW, what a find! I've been using Aveda's brushes for many moons and although they do the trick, they are expensive. I read about Ecotools in Allure magazine and had to pick them up when I was at Walgreens. I think they were what, about $11 for the 5 piece set? I thought I was wasting my money. How wrong I was! The blush brush is the softest blush brush I've ever used. The bristles are quite dense yet fluffy, so I get a perfect amount of product on them and it doesn't fly all over. The concealer brush is the first one I've actually used more than once since it's a really good size and it's tapered so you can dot the concealer on with the tip and blend with the rest of the brush. The eyshadow brush is the same size and I like how it's tapered also, so I can use the tip to apply shadow under my eyes. The only one I don't use is the brow/lash comb since my eyebrows are tattooed on and I've never been big on lash combs. The eyeliner brush is ok, it's a bit too soft for me but I like it to get shadow right in my lash line. The bamboo handles are really quite sturdy and I haven't had any of the bristles fall out yet. I really dig the roll-up hemp oranizer too, it fits perfectly in my makeup bag! I was so happy with this set I went back and bought the powder brush for $8. I think they're light years better than Aveda's brushes and at less than half the price! You can even re use the packages they come in which is pretty nifty. These are the best drugstore brushes around and IMO they're better than a lot of department store brushes. I have 6 great brushes and I spent less than $20... they're eco friendly and I got them at Walgreens..what more could you ask for?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had previously left a review for the ecotools eye shading brush. I loved this brush so much I got the 5 piece set. This is a new line of brushes from Paris Presents that is made to be ecologically friendly. The handles are bamboo, the metal part is made of recycled aluminum cans, and the bristles are taklon.The set consists of a blush brush, a concealer brush, an eyeshadow brush, a slanted eyeliner/eyebrow brush and an eyelash/eyebrow comb/brush combination. I love them all. I use the blush brush as a powder brush. It picks up just the right amount of powder and applies it perfectly. The slanted eyeliner brush is extremely thin, so it gives me a nice thin line when I use it to apply shadow as eyeliner. I use the eyeshadow brush to apply all-over color to my lids, and it blends the shadow beautifully. The brushes come in a fabric roll up pouch you can use for traveling or just for storage. The whole set is only $10.99, and the brushes are very high quality. I found this at Walgreens (also available on line). Since this is a new product not all the Walgreens have have this line in yet, but I would imagine they will all eventually carry it. I believe it is also available at Kmart.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No