Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 2/21/2010 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am embarrassed to say I didn't think of this before....I have used laura geller, laura mercier, avon, urban decay, and cliniqe primers. I have very large pores on the side of my nose. I really need something to make them appear smaller or I look horrible. I loved the laura geller Welcome Matte, but they stopped making it. I returned Urban Decay cuz it made me break out and was REALLY thick.
I already had a tube of this. I read the ingredients, and they are very similar to some of the better primers I have used. Tried it all over my face except eyes( cannot beat Urban Decay shadow primer) and put a little extra on the sides of my nose. Dusted on my Loreal Mineral foundation, and I nearly fell out of my chair. My pores were practically invisible, and my whole face was smooth and not splotchy. To say I have spent alot of primers is an understatement, and to think this little beauty was right under my nose(literally now)! I will continue to purchase this and would recommend to anyone who would believe me. It's hard to if you don't know what kind of ingredients to look for. But I read ingredients of everything I put on my face or hair, and this stuff really makes a great face primer. YAY!

on 2/13/2010 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great primer! I purchased mine for about $6 and there is 1.5 oz in the tube. I'm not creeped out by the fact that it is for use on inner thighs and bikini area. It goes on and feels very silky on the skin. I don't use it on the eyelids, but I do use it all over my face and under my eyes. It really helps to keep the foundation on and I've found it actually helps keep oils at bay too. So far so good, no break outs or irritation from it. And how can you beat a great "primer" for so little cash? I'll continue to repurchase.

on 2/12/2010 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Edit: after using this every day for a week it caused my skin to break out into cystic acne. :( So I am going to have to retract my personal approval. If it doesn't do this to you, awesome. But it definitely might.

I am so glad I heard about this product as a dupe for Smashbox photo finish primer. I had been wanting to get the Smashbox product but not wanting to shell out the money- then I heard about this product being basically the same and way less money. It definitely works! I have felt the consistency of both, and it is virtually identical. This product is a BIT more watery out of the tube, and is clear instead of white/brown/green like photofinish, but once applied to the face it feels exactly the same. This is due to having many of the same ingredients- so it's not a mere coincidence. This product leaves the skin feeling very smooth and makes foundation application smooth and great. Worked well as a primer, keeping foundation on. The only real downside of this product is the weirdness factor- it's kind of weird to be putting something all over your face that is meant for...not your face.

on 2/12/2010 1:08:00 AM

I have dry and slightly "rugged" eyes..i use this as a primer under my eyes before concealer. It did create a smooth surface and lessen my fine lines. It feels really smooth but not that effective in filling up fine lines or comforting your dry skin for the entire day. Its a cheap and OK product..

on 2/9/2010 7:48:00 PM

I love this primer, it's so cheap covered to other primers such as Smashbox and I feel like the quality is pretty good. This really helps my makeup stay on and helps to provide a smooth canvas before applying makeup. I don't use this everyday and I don't think it's a good idea to use primers everyday since most primers have a type of silicone ingredient which clogs pores. So I only use this on special occasions and when I go out partying to help my makeup stay on the whole night.

on 2/8/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this stuff as a makeup primer. Goes on silky smooth and does wonders to keep makeup on all day :)

on 2/2/2010 1:36:00 AM

I don't know if this has been discontinued or not. I haven't seen it in stores since last summer and it was on major clearance then. I had bought 10 tubes when they were $3ea. I just wanted to review it tho because I LOVE this stuff. If you can still find it where ever you are, definately pick up a tube or 4.

From 7am to 7pm, my makeup never needs touching up, I don't need to blot. Eventho my nose is oily, my foundation never budges. For less than $10, it is definately the best primer I have ever used. People should at least try this before buying something more expensive. Why buy Smashbox for $40+ if you can get something that works just as well or better for more than 75% less.

I have been using this for a year now and I've not had any major breakouts from using this. In fact, I've not had any major breakouts at all this year so I can't blame anything on using this product...that's why I'm still using it!

on 1/29/2010 9:01:00 PM

I loved this product initially. It seemed to work great and I liked it so much that I bought it twice. however when I was on my 2nd tube I couldn't help but notice that I seemed to be breaking out so much more than normal. I stopped wearing this for a couple of weeks & my skin cleared up. This was the culprit because it was the only product I stopped using and my skin cleared. kinda bummed me out because it was so cheap & now I have to find a replacement. Be careful if your skin is sensitive because this seemed to work well for me in the beginning & by the time i got around to the second tube my skin reacted. Maybe the 2nd tube was a bad tube but i don't want to take that chance w/my skin.

on 1/27/2010 8:14:00 AM

Very embarrassed to say that i use this as a primer for my entire face but true because it's so good. I like this much better than smashbox photofinish primer. The consistency
of this gel is much thicker and smoother feeling and makes my foundation, mac paint pot, and concealer much easier to blend and it doesn't let those products sink into any lines. It also makes my makeup last longer than usual. I don't use it everyday tho so that may be why I don't get break outs or little pimples here and there.

on 1/26/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Well this didn't work out for me unfortunately. After a week of using this, I started getting milia-like rash around my face. Returned it to Wal-Mart for a refund.

Popular Primer/ Correctors