September 17, 2014 | 1002 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by kalliex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY wanted to like this. It's very nice feeling and keeps my makeup on. But it makes me break out. So if I use it, which isn't very often, I use a very little amount on my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead. It breaks me out a lot around my mouth. I can't comment on the price because my mom bought it, but the packaging is nice. The squeeze tube is easy. Overall, I suggest you atleast give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

After reading all the reviews I decided to try the Monistat as a primer for my MMU. I'm oily in my T-Zone, dry elsewhere. So I used Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin, then spread a tiny amount of the Monistat only on my face and neck. It really does feel just like the Smashbox primer, which costs literally 6 times as much.

After letting the Monistat dry for 5 minutes, I brushed on the MMU. True to its promise, the MU didn't budge, even when it rained lightly in the afternoon. 9 hours later, perfect foundation, nice satin finish.

But when I got home that night and took off my makeup I found a pimple - a real whitehead - smack in the middle of my cheek's apple! Right where I am normally quite dry. Ouch. Monistat keeps the MU on alright with a lovely satin look, but it can also break you out. Use at your own risk.

Back to emu oil for me. The chemical silicone gives me zits - the all-natural bird fat doesn't. Strange but true.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BellaGirl95

Strange...but I am excited..... does it really mattify? I have always been combination and have lately felt more oily. Did anyone say whether it is safe for under the eyes?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Mimi3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so glad i heard about using this as a primer because i might have been so silly as to pay the ridiculous $45 for a bottle of the same stuff. For me this works great, i have not had a single break out. i don't use it every day because i dont have the time but i love the way i makes my foundation looks when i do, overall just a smoother finish & also good for oil control. I would recommend this for people whose skin is not easily agitated since i hear a lot of talk about break outs. For the $6 i paid i say its def worth a try before forking out the big bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been using this primer for quite some time. i was hesitant at first to buy this, since i thought it was just hype and didn't understand how a chafing gel could work as a primer. for the record, i've used this for chafing on my upper thighs, and it also works well for that.

my main reason for using a primer is oil control. i have very oily skin, and i don't say that lightly. after makeup and even with using a primer, my skin is oily within 30 minutes. i know it has something to do with my skincare, so i'm sure if i had normal skin, this would give pretty good oil control.

so the reason i keep using this is because it does help with dry flakes, and smoothing out the surface of my skin. it makes my foundation much easier to put on. after i use it, it seems to lock in my moisturizer, and my skin doesn't feel as dry during the day. if you have oily skin and expect to get really good oil control, i don't think you'll get it from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I've been using this as a primer for my face for 4 days now and I am very pleased with this. I have oily t zone and nothing come close to controlling it except this. I still have to blot after 3-4 hours , but still. It makes my makeup stay on longer and fresher looking longer. At the end of the day, I think my face looks better with this as primer than without primer. The only primer I've used in the past is Rimmel Fix and perfect and I hated the smell of that. This one is fragrance free. Great stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never break out, let alone get a single pimple(ever) regardless of the creams, oils or makeup I put on my face. I've had 5 pimples in all of my 25 years on this earth (and those were ingrown hairs around my hairline when I was in my early teens) , yet THIS crap gave me 3 pimples in less than 24 hours. I ceased using it and no longer had a problem. Awful awful stuff. My skin is fairly sensitive and dry but I've never had this sort of reaction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is everybit as good as the other clear primer I've used that costs 5 times as much. Primers enable the fdn application with eveness, which is my main concern, & this product certainly delivers. As compared to Smashbox, I find I have to use more of Monistat (about twice as much), but with this price, it is certainly no concern at all. Product-wise it is a 4, an extra lippie for the low price.

Hint: I fill up an empty Smashbox primer container with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased a pack of 3 on Amazon and just received them this morning. I tried it out after applying moisturizer and before applying foundation and so far I love it!! Prior to this, I was using Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and I must say the Monistat gel is IDENTICAL in composition, smell, color, application, effect, everything! There's no way I'll ever spend $40 on a makeup primer again. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel is my new HG. Many thanks to whoever thought it a good idea to try this stuff on their face!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product to use as a primer because, as everyone knows, it's just a silicone based formula like Smashbox's primer. However, that was before I realized that silicones are really really bad for my super clog prone skin. I put it in the back of my closet and forgot about it. That is, until I read an earlier review where it was suggested to try on your feet! That is seriously the best idea ever. I wore it on my feet last night and put on super high super tight patent leather heels that I haven't worn in a few years due to the blisters that were sure to follow. My feet stayed comfortable (well, not comfortable, but blister free) the entire night. If you can't use it on your face, or even if you can, definitely recommend putting it on your feet!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No