August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by carlafd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product as a base. Really creates a bare canvas. It is really creamy and I really have dry eyelids. If I went to a desert island I would definately take this with me. I absolutely love paint pots. They are so smooth and look so great. It is also good to mute down lips. A little goes a long way, and my paint pots are as smooth as the day I bought them. One of my favorite make up items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

I have oily lids. This product works the best for me as a primer. I have UDPP... but my shadows won't last all day with it. Now when I use a MAC pp, my shadows last ALL day. I reach for this every single day. I have lots of diff colors of them, but this is my HG primer. It evens my lids and keeps them from being oily all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as an eyelid primer to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing and fading during the day. I have oily skin and oily eyelids, and this sets really quickly and makes my eyeshadow look great and last all day!! Love it! Will definitely repurchase.

Edit- This started to crease on me, so in my search for another eyelid primer I've found and love Nars!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by eyetwitchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to deduct lippies for the cost (I'm semi-broke but quality over quantity, yes?) and the packaging only because it took so damn long to get into the pot. That pot was screwed on tight!

All that said -oh my god, best purchase to date. The associate who assisted me told me before I left to be sure to use a fake-bristle brush to get the most out of the pot and she was right. I haven't experienced any problems applying the product. No tugging, no pulling, it moves quite nicely and stays where I want it.

Many of my other eyeshadows are drugstore brand and oh god, what a difference applying them over the paint pot.

Yes. I will buy this again. And weep if they ever discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by polita

I just cant believe I have been using the same product everyone else raves about . On me it just sits on my eyelid like clay and dries my eye lid, dont even like the colour, makes my eye look flat and lifeless Maybe if you have super oily eyelids it will work. Can live without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this paint pot. Painterly is matte and matches my skin tone almost exactly. It's just a great base for holding my eye shadows in place. It works under any shadow I have and makes the powder shadow glide on my eye from the brush beautifully. I use to use Bobbi Brown's cream shadows, but this formula goes on much easier - I think you get more per pot as well - plus the price is lower. I still have my Bobbi Brown cream eye shadow brush and use that with the paint pots just because I have it, but your finger would probably work just as well. It's a great product for a great price - I wish I had found it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great base. If ever get lazy and don't want to go through putting on eye primer, eyeshadow, liner....etc. I can just put this on to cover and discoloring in my lids, and is great when I don't want my liner to melt into the middle of the eye this is perfect. I love the packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. Painterly goes on smooth and blends to a very soft, almost powder/cream finish and works to conceal the lids, prep them and diminish discoloration. It also works well under the eyes too! Might have to be my go to primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Jfox2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE This. I have never in my life had such good experience with a primer before. I can use it for a natual look or to prime my lids. Works well with other eye shadows as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a good product! I have been wanting this for years, and finally bought it. It works great by itself, as it evens out the color of your eyelids but it also works as a primer/base. It makes your eyeshadows last longer and the colors more vibrant than if you would have not used a base.
I also use this to neutralize my lips, it works well!