MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 2/5/2011 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one product I would not be without in my makeup bag. I use it underneath eye shadow and it holds them all day. If I'm in a hurry, I use it alone and it refreshes my eyes and evens the skin tone. I even use it underneath the eyes and oddly, I also use it to reduce redness on other spots of my face (very fair skin). LOVE this product!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Am NC30 neither cool nor warm toned. It looks purplish-grey taupe on my lids. Tested this on one eye and another with UD Eye primer. No creasing on either one for 10hrs (and I worked out at the gym but didn't touch it up afterwards). After 10hrs, I noticed some creasing on the inner corner but so slight that only my magnifying mirror saw it. I wanted something that evened out my lids which tend to darken after a couple of hours. This made my eyeshadow pop. Matches my eyelid so could wear it alone. A little goes a long way so I'll be repurchasing as it's cheaper than UD Primer. This one pot may see me until next year...

on 1/29/2011 8:12:00 PM

I wear this daily underneath my eyeshadow. It wouldn't be a very exciting colour on its own, but it works to bring out the true colour of the eyeshadow, and it makes it last all day. I used to use the paint tubes, which worked equally well (if not a bit better) but this packaging is much more convenient and means it lasts longer. I'd recommend it to keep your makeup on during the day. I've even used it with very cheap quality eye shadows, and it really increases their staying power.

on 1/28/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I cannot wear Painterly by itself because I will look like I have vitiligo or like a reverse panda or raccoon but I love Painterly because of course it really does keep the eye makeup all on for hours and hours but also it really make the eye shadow, even very dark-colored eye shadow, pop out and become more noticeable.

A MAC MUA recommended this to me and if she wouldn't have, then I would never even look at Painterly or think of even buying it!

on 1/28/2011 2:57:00 PM

I really like this! This is my first Paint Pot (received it as a gift). I really like using it as a base - makes my eyeshadow last longer and allows the colors to "come to life." I tend do more natural looks when I wear makeup so this is perfect for my light skin. I read that some reviewers were having problems with creasing, but I do not have oily lids and have not experienced any creasing. When I'm running out the door (and don't have time to put on a full face of makeup) I use a little on my lids and underneath because it covers up the redness in the eye area really well. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff. I would recommend this product and will replace it when it runs out!

on 1/22/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great for a clean simple base on the eye. I have to wear it with some kind of primer underneath or it creases on my very oily lids. By the end of the day I notice some creasing underneath right above the inner corner of my eye, but nothing terrible. It last longer if I set it with e/s.

I use this a lot for my signature black cat eye liner look. It matches my NW15ish skin very well, and just makes my eye look nice and clean. The texture is lovely, but still lasts a while. The jar is very solid and sturdy looking, but you need to make sure to close it tightly.

It's a solid, workhorse type of product. Nothing fancy, but does the job well.

First paintpot I ever used. Went well with my olive skin tone.

on 1/19/2011 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is my fave pp by MAC b/c you can wear it without any e/s & it matches my skin tone perfectly. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is b/c MAC is expensive, but I highly recommend it. I would start with this one if you have never purchased a pp.

on 1/19/2011 7:04:00 PM

I second what the ladies beaneath me have said.
I use this as eyeshadow base before I apply any eyeshadow. It evens out my eyelids and makes my eyeshadow stay as bright as when I applied it and doesn't allow it to crease! This is amazing stuff.
Painterly is almost the same shade as my NW15 skin so I can wear it alone. I also apply a bit under my eyes to act as concelaer. You only need the tiniest bit. If you apply it too heavily it won't work as well.
It's wirth the price. A pot will last me forever.

on 1/19/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I haven't tried Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I don't feel the need to with Painterly Paint Pot. This definitely gets the job done. My eyeshadow stays on ALL DAY with this. At times, it made some of my eyeshadows look a bit pink but I just put on a thinner layer and it worked better. It's a bit on the pricier side (about $20) but the product looks like it will last quite a while do you get your money's worth.

Top Rated MAC Products