November 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I checked "yes" for whether I would buy this again, I doubt I'll ever need to! The pot is much larger than I expected, and the product will seriously last forever. The color, consistency, and application are PERFECT for priming the eyelids - even better than UDPP! And you don't have to bother with getting all of the product out of the container like you do with UDPP. What I really love is how it conceals discoloration on the eyelids. Now my eyeshadows apply how they were originally intended! My only regret is that I didn't discover this sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by fibercrazed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pricey, but worth every penny. And you use so little it will last forever! It's actually a very good value. I finally bought it the day of my 20th HS reunion after hearing so much about it on YouTube. It matches my skin tone perfectly. (I have no idea what MAC number I am, but I'm med-fair). I layered it over UDPP and did my make-up a good three hours before the reunion. My eye makeup didn't budge ALL NIGHT. It works equally well for days when I don't really have time to do my make-up. A little of this, some eye liner and mascara and I'm good to go in a flash. This is most definitely going to become a staple in my make-up wardrobe.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jodieleigh88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based on the reviews I have read, and I can say this product is very good! I needed a product that would keep my eye makeup in place and this definately does the job. It is also a nice nude colour that can be worn by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and got this paint pot. I did not know which paint pot to get that would match my skin tone and I finally went and checked it out. This matches my skin tone perfectly! I have been using this so much. The texture is so smooth and it is really easy to blend. It really brings out the colors of my eye shadows. I have several other paint pots and this is my favorite. The other paint pot that I really like is Greenstroke. Painterly and Greenstroke both make my shadows stick really well.
I do not mind the price of this and will definitely buy another one when I run out. I also like the packaging. I like any cream shadow, smudge pot, paint pot that comes in a pot. I prefer it over the tubes that some cream shadows come in. The glass is nice and heavy and I have dropped my paint pots plenty and have never had a problem with the glass cracking/breaking or the black lid.
I store all my paint pots upside down and haven't had a problem with them drying out. It is pulling away from the sides a little bit but the Painterly paint pot is actually the most creamy out of all my PPs.
I have fair-medium skin. I don't know my MAC foundation match though. I do wear the MSFN in fair/medium.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Painterly as a primer totally blows UDPP out of the water. It's awesome because it makes my eyelid look perfect just on it's own. The consistency is wonderful, it's not wet or sticky, it's just the perfect tackiness that you would expect to keep your eyeshadows from straying. It's expensive. I love MAC products, but often times I get in my car and look at whatever I bought and think "Wow, I just spent $20 on something fits in my palm.." But whenever I get home I am so happy I spent the extra money on something that lasts and produces amazing results. This has lasted over a year.and will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by NlKKl

amazing product! i use my painterly paint pot as a primer under all of my shadows and as a result they do not fade or crease all day! it even helps my eyeliner have more staying power! you get a lot of product for the price. it seems to last forever. i would definitely buy this again (if mine ever runs out!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by missglitterdiva

OMG my HG primer! I have tried UDPP and TFSI and they did nothing for me, This makes my eyeshadows look like ive just freshly applied them even after a 12 hour day of dance classes it is like glue for shadows to stick to amazinggg! The guy at my MAC store matched me up for this and i could honestly go back and kiss him for persuading me to get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product lives up to its reputation as a great shadow base for light to medium skintones. I have pale skin (British ancestry) and this is the perfect neutral base tone. It evens out my eyelids and i can wear it alone for a totally natural look or under shadows as a base. I used to use Soft Ochre, which still works for me, but is more yellow-toned so doesn't match my skintone as closely (though it is paler therefore showing up the true colour of eyeshadows very well).
M.A.C. paint pots are also one of my top choices for eye bases to avoid creasing, which is a major problem for me. Even UDPP creases by the end of the day, but paint pots tend to hold up quite well. It's pricey but will last you FOREVER - just be really careful to put the lid back on tightly (particularly if you don't use it every day) to avoid it drying out on you.

Will definitely purchase again in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my absolute must have products. I couldn't live without it and I use it every day. I have very fair skin and very prominent veins on my upper lid under the brow bone. I apply some painterly from brow bone to crease with the 242 and they disappear and they stay gone all day. This is a great product, it does exactly what I want.

Now I rarely use this as an eyeshadow base on my lid and in the crease. I find that painterly really eats colours and makes them less vibrant and harder to blend. I prefer UDPP on the lid. However, if I'm working with a darker colour that I want to tone down, I'll use painterly.

One pot lasts me forever but I see myself buying this forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

I use this everyday as an all over the eye lid base...sometimes I wear it alone for a nice clean natural look and other times i apply eye shadow on top and this makes it last all day with no creasing...it mattifies my eyelids 100%. I also use it and it works perfectly on my lower waterline to hide the red....some people use a white/cream eyeliner but this works so much better and looks much more natural. I just use a clean finger and pull down my waterline and swipe it across. It lasts all day and makes my eyes look bright and big. It doesn’t irritate or wear off. Love love love it..worth the money, would love to try soft ochre next