September 18, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product lives up to its reputation as a great shadow base for light to medium skintones. I have pale skin (British ancestry) and this is the perfect neutral base tone. It evens out my eyelids and i can wear it alone for a totally natural look or under shadows as a base. I used to use Soft Ochre, which still works for me, but is more yellow-toned so doesn't match my skintone as closely (though it is paler therefore showing up the true colour of eyeshadows very well).
M.A.C. paint pots are also one of my top choices for eye bases to avoid creasing, which is a major problem for me. Even UDPP creases by the end of the day, but paint pots tend to hold up quite well. It's pricey but will last you FOREVER - just be really careful to put the lid back on tightly (particularly if you don't use it every day) to avoid it drying out on you.

Will definitely purchase again in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by aibreanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my absolute must have products. I couldn't live without it and I use it every day. I have very fair skin and very prominent veins on my upper lid under the brow bone. I apply some painterly from brow bone to crease with the 242 and they disappear and they stay gone all day. This is a great product, it does exactly what I want.

Now I rarely use this as an eyeshadow base on my lid and in the crease. I find that painterly really eats colours and makes them less vibrant and harder to blend. I prefer UDPP on the lid. However, if I'm working with a darker colour that I want to tone down, I'll use painterly.

One pot lasts me forever but I see myself buying this forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

I use this everyday as an all over the eye lid base...sometimes I wear it alone for a nice clean natural look and other times i apply eye shadow on top and this makes it last all day with no creasing...it mattifies my eyelids 100%. I also use it and it works perfectly on my lower waterline to hide the red....some people use a white/cream eyeliner but this works so much better and looks much more natural. I just use a clean finger and pull down my waterline and swipe it across. It lasts all day and makes my eyes look bright and big. It doesn’t irritate or wear off. Love love love it..worth the money, would love to try soft ochre next

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by carlafd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product as a base. Really creates a bare canvas. It is really creamy and I really have dry eyelids. If I went to a desert island I would definately take this with me. I absolutely love paint pots. They are so smooth and look so great. It is also good to mute down lips. A little goes a long way, and my paint pots are as smooth as the day I bought them. One of my favorite make up items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

I have oily lids. This product works the best for me as a primer. I have UDPP... but my shadows won't last all day with it. Now when I use a MAC pp, my shadows last ALL day. I reach for this every single day. I have lots of diff colors of them, but this is my HG primer. It evens my lids and keeps them from being oily all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as an eyelid primer to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing and fading during the day. I have oily skin and oily eyelids, and this sets really quickly and makes my eyeshadow look great and last all day!! Love it! Will definitely repurchase.

Edit- This started to crease on me, so in my search for another eyelid primer I've found and love Nars!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by eyetwitchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to deduct lippies for the cost (I'm semi-broke but quality over quantity, yes?) and the packaging only because it took so damn long to get into the pot. That pot was screwed on tight!

All that said -oh my god, best purchase to date. The associate who assisted me told me before I left to be sure to use a fake-bristle brush to get the most out of the pot and she was right. I haven't experienced any problems applying the product. No tugging, no pulling, it moves quite nicely and stays where I want it.

Many of my other eyeshadows are drugstore brand and oh god, what a difference applying them over the paint pot.

Yes. I will buy this again. And weep if they ever discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by polita

I just cant believe I have been using the same product everyone else raves about . On me it just sits on my eyelid like clay and dries my eye lid, dont even like the colour, makes my eye look flat and lifeless Maybe if you have super oily eyelids it will work. Can live without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this paint pot. Painterly is matte and matches my skin tone almost exactly. It's just a great base for holding my eye shadows in place. It works under any shadow I have and makes the powder shadow glide on my eye from the brush beautifully. I use to use Bobbi Brown's cream shadows, but this formula goes on much easier - I think you get more per pot as well - plus the price is lower. I still have my Bobbi Brown cream eye shadow brush and use that with the paint pots just because I have it, but your finger would probably work just as well. It's a great product for a great price - I wish I had found it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great base. If ever get lazy and don't want to go through putting on eye primer, eyeshadow, liner....etc. I can just put this on to cover and discoloring in my lids, and is great when I don't want my liner to melt into the middle of the eye this is perfect. I love the packaging too.