September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

It brightens up a bit and leaves your skin squeaky clean but apart from that it doesn't help keeping the pores clear - black and white heads are still developing. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On par and similar to murad's aha/bha exfoliating cleanser. Leaves skin clean and smooth (i would use about twice a week). My only beef on this product is the smell, which i find pretty offensive but i dont take off lippies for that. Very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by stormaiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at a spa I worked at. I was lucky enough the boss let us use her dermalogica account and we just paid for products. So my size of this is actually professional. At first I was skeptical because I have oily skin that turns red with most products I put on. I've been using this a month and the results are incredible. I do what's called a power cleanse. Basically I mix it with my special cleasing gel. I apply both together and then use the brush to get a good exfoliation. My skin isn't near the oil slick it was and sooo very soft :) The container could be designed better but it seems to work ok. Since a little goes a long way this stuff could last me the two years tha the bottle says it will be good for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by gemhorse16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product almost 2 years ago after reading the reviews here on MUA and upon the recommendation of my close friend who has great skin. For awhile I was using the product everyday, but I soon discovered that my skin was feeling a bit too tight afterwards (I noticed it most during the winter). At that point I decided to use it every 2-3 days, depending skin's current condition, and ever since then my skin has been great. I think it should be at the consumer's decision whether to use this product "daily" as the name implies since everyone's skin is different; just experiment and you'll find the right pattern for your skin.
As far as this product goes, it has definitely made a difference in my skin. My pimple leftover spots fade away faster (the disadvantage of tanned filipino skin :-p) and my skin feels super smooth afterwards. I usually use the microfoliant in the mornings while showering. The packaging is not great, but the flow of the powder can be better controlled by covering one of the holes with tape. I haven't had any problems w/ water leaking in the container and clumping up the powder and I keep my container in the shower. It is admittedly pricey, but considering the small amount that's used each time it lasts forever (I'm on my 3rd bottle in almost 2 years!). Give it a try and experiment with how often you should use it. Just because it says "use daily" doesn't mean you have to.
I use this product after washing my face w/ Laventine's Olive Oil Forte in the morning and follow it w/ Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Moisturizer with intermittent spot check w/ Desert Essence's Blemish Touch Skin. This combo leaves my skin clear, soft and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by niff524

*UPDATE* wow this is BEYOND HG!!!!! Since having faithfully used this daily for about 2 months, my skin has pretty much transformed. I now hardly get zits at all and the old acne scars have faded sooo much now I can wear much less foundation and hardly any concealer!!! A friend who hasn't seen me in a while was amazed by how much my skin condition has improved. =DDDD I'm really really pleased with the result and am praying they will never discontinue this!!!!*** This is totally HG!!!! I've been using this for about a month, sometimes daily (at night) and sometimes I skip a night and I can DEFINITELY see the difference it's made to my skin's texture and overall complexion. Acne scars are fading a lot quicker and skin is a lot clearer with less breakouts. The texture of my skin has been significantly refined and overall my complexion just a lot brighter and even. Makeup goes on a lot better as a result =) It comes in a powder form which is activated upon contact with water and is made from natural enzymes and rice bran and stuff. It is *not* abrasive and feels completely gentle on my skin. I bought it for like 25 online but the bottle looks like it's gonna last forever... At least 6 months I reckon!! I'll buy this again and again and I highly recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by threehotdogs

I use this every morning and have found it keeps my skin clear, even and glowing especially since I use the sunbeds once a week. I use demalogica resurfacer every night followed by their hydrating booster and a moisturiser. I find this routine is excellent for keeping my skin soft and clear! The packaging is excellent and the product lasts forever!
HG Product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lambsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! I am an exfoliant junkie which resulted in my getting very sensitive, red and irritated skin. This is something that does not feel harsh at all in the application, because you just use a little and then spread the foam over your face. If you start feeling it "dry" out as you're gently rubbing it on your face, you just add a tiny bit of water and voila! It's a beautiful foam again! I think it can be drying and definitely feel the need to moisturize right after rinsing and toning. But it's a wonderful product that completely gets rid of any flakiness. It's not harsh at all. For those who talk about feeling "granules", if you feel anything other than foam, then you've used too much. This is pricey, but it lasts forever. I've had mine for nearly a year already and am thinking about getting another just because I fear being without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by xxemberxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've wanted to try this product for a while, since finding out that it was the reason for my friends wonderful skin. After reading the reviews here I decided that it was probabaly worth the price tag at least once. I have combination skin with very large pores and nothing has really ever improved the condition of it. The first time I used this product I saw an effect it was instantly smoother and brighter, the pores even seem less obvious. However, after a few days I started to get breakouts and redness, i decided to cut back but perservere and I'm really glad I did. the breakout cleared up after about a week and my skin is better than I have ever seen it and i can't believe how unbelivablely soft it is. Also, like one of the reviews before my other products seem to work so much better and my foundation now always looks flawless, which is nothing short of a miracle. I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I found about this product after so many MUAers raved about it on the boards. So I went ahead and purchased from whatgreatskin.com (highly recommended)! It has always been my practice to remove makeup with Shu's Cleansing Oil and then follow up with gentle cleanser but I wasn't really entirely happy until...this product! It makes your skin so soft and feel so clean afterwards. And I can attest that it decreased my blackheads by at least 75%! I wear liquid foundation everyday and that really gunks up my skin. DH uses it everyday now too...just one try and he's hooked! We only use this at night. This is a great product and should be part of everyone's regimen! Oh, I've been using DHC's Washing Powder the past few days and like DH said "you get what you pay for!" Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is a far more superior product. DHC's version makes my skin dry and tight...DH complained it made his skin itchy (from the dryness). A tip: tape up one of the dispensing holes so that you don't end up wasting a lot of product when you pour.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Sparklyfaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin (normal & oily).
This product lightened my blemish scars immediately after using it for the first time!
My skin felt baby smooth & brighter too!
However, this can be alil drying for some, so you might wanna use it on alternate days or once a week.
And be sure to follow up with a hydrating mask too :)