Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/16/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product because you can control the amount of exfoliation by changing the ratio of water to powder. Even then, it was too much for my sensitive skin and I've switched to the cream exfoliant.

If your skin type is right, I think this would be an exceptional product but you really have to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. Otherwise I can see how your skin might become irritated like bobbybobbybobby (see below).

on 3/15/2008 11:06:00 PM

I finally got over a 3 year battle with acne about 7 months ago, and although I don't have any scarring (thank god) I do have some red marks on my skin in the areas that were more congested.
Although my dermatologist assures me they will fade in time, I've been using Daily Microfoliant along with a range of other Dermalogica products for some time now and have found the results fantastic! The red marks are fading more and more every week. Daily Microfoliant plays a huge part in this- for an exfoliant, it gets the job done yet is very sensitive and not too harsh, I find my skin becomes more smooth both texturally and tonally every time I use it!
I love this stuff!

on 3/4/2008 11:57:00 PM

This is a very gentle on my sensitive skin. It get rid of my flaky dry skin without strip away moister. I'll buy this again.

I used this product for a couple weeks and do i regret it. Gave me horrendous breakouts and an infection that now required a visit to the dermatologist. This was 1 product i was hoping would work for me but i guess everyone is different and my mates experienced a similar reaction to mine in contrast comments on the forum.

And before anyway says it was the purging and what not, that is utter bs. I had about 30 whiteheads pop up within 5 days and i didnt want to go outside. I wish I had saved myself $75 and not bought this garbage. Use it at your own risk and just because it has good reviews on here THERE ARE MANY people who have experienced what I have. That is my warning and advice to anyone who wants to try it. Near perfect skin ruined by derma product :((((((

on 3/1/2008 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This definitely works to brighten and even-up the skin tone - My skin is quite oily so I tend to breakout alot, but I've only been using it for over a week and I've noticed an instant improvement in texture and tone. Also, I only need to use it once a day, and will occasionally skip some days (if I'm using my twice-weekly scrub and so it also lasts longer)

on 2/23/2008 11:14:00 PM

Wow. This product really does what it claims. My skin, though far from ideal, is a lot glowier and even-toned after only a couple weeks of use. Before I started using this, I constantly had little flakies that I had to rub off after applying moisturizer, and could rub dead skin from my face in the shower almost daily. (I use a lot of products that speed up skin turnover, e.g. retinoids, AHA, BHA, and azelaic acid.) After using the Microfoliant once a day, no more flakies and dead skin! I shake a little powder onto my palm, mix with water, and massage onto my face for a minute or two. My skin does feel a little tight after rinsing, but that's not a problem since I always apply moisturizer afterward anyway. Although I am truly impressed with this product, it's not a miracle worker. It doesn't seem to have any effect on my blackheads, as other reviewers have experienced. But regardless, I definitely will keep buying this! The best price I've found is online at whatgreatskin.com.

on 2/9/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing exfoliator, once you get comfortable with it. The product is in form of a powder which is activated once mixed with water. This exfoliator is free of granules, is very gentle on the skin and never stings or scratches.

Instructions: wet hands and face, then put a tea spoon on the palm of the hand and mix it with some warm water till it feels like a paste. You need this to spread on the face with ease but at the same time sit on and not drip off it. Massage it into the skin. You can either rinse with warm water or wait for it to dry such that it can ball up as you rub it in. Continue till the entire thing has come off. Then rinse with warm water.

The result is nothing short of remarkable. The skin feels clean, soft and glows as if it was polished. I expect this product to last me around 6-12 months.

Note: If you find that this product breaks you out, it is probably not the ingredients. Exfoliating removes dead skin and in some people breaks down the skin's defence, making it very vulnerable to break-outs. That is related to your skin defence and not whether your skin is dry or oily. Sadly, I am one of those people with weak skin defence and any good exfoliator breaks me out, so I can only use weak exfoliators.

Use less frequently, use antibacterial face wash or Neutrogena Rapid wipes afterwards to reduce break-outs.

on 2/8/2008 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is awesome. I use a very strong retinol cream at night, so I needed a scrub that was very gentle. This is about as gentle as it gets, yet somehow really exfoliates your skin. This is one product that actually does what it says on the bottle. I feel that it has really cleared up uneven patches on my skin, and I credit it with actually giving me what is close to "good skin". (I have always had issues with my skin). I do notice that if I stop using it for a while, my skin goes back to being dull. So.....I know that daily microfoliant is what is making my skin more glowy and healthy.

on 2/6/2008 2:55:00 AM

i've been using this products for a few years now. I leave it in my shower and use it every morning...I love that it is gentle enough that I can use it everyday. it leaves my face feeling smooth. (I don't use it the day after I use Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant, which is about one a month)

Packaging-when i first started keeping it in the shower i was pouring it in my hand and would let it touch, thus getting the lip of the jar wet. This caused the powder to clog up in the inside, but after I let it dry out it was fine again. Now i'm just careful not to let my hand touch it when pouring.

on 2/3/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Daily Microfoliant. It has improved my skin so much. I use Cetaphil face cleanser for normal to oily skin, this, Differin if I have a breakout, and a light face cream. My skin is nearly perfect now, and Daily Microfoliant is what's making it so glowy and clear.