Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this about two months ago, and have been enjoying it. I find I can't use it everyday because it definitely irritates me if I use it that much, but a few times a week is fine. I also find that it works best if I use a very gentle cream cleanser before this--one that for my skin would normally be too rich. It provides a bit of a barrier or something and kind of tones down the irritation of this product for me- and I also find some serums and moisturizer sting if I apply them after this---not my Ren moisturizer though, so I'm sticking with that....Yet, even though it irritates a little, it does a nice job of brightening the skin and sloughing away flakiness. I think as summer approaches and my skin gets oilier I'm going to enjoy this even more. I did balk at the price, but like everyone else has said, this will definitely last a long time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product, as I am quite a fan of the rest of the dermalogica line, but this product was too harsh for me and brought me out in tiny little bumps all over my chin which never seemed to go, until I stopped using it that is!! I am now using Avene, which is much more sensitive.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Ok, this is an interesting one for me as Prep scrub is HG. I've had a travel size bottle of this for about 7 months ,travelling with me without ever using it-as it came in travel pack,but I have been happy using my special gel,and prep scrub,never thinking about microfoliant.Then when my little travel tube of my beloved prep scrub ran out, I've decided to try this one.What a surprise! I came here to MUA to read reviews to use it at his best,and I have to say,I love the microfoliant,and I am so glad I have the travel size because it is perfect to give you the right amount of powder ,so you don't waiste the precious powder ( it is a size i will always use whether I'm travelling or not).This powder really works, and will leave your skin baby smooth.I've noticed that if I apply a booster right after ( without using the toner) it sinks in better,and any moisturizer or foundation applied afterwards just leave my skin glowing, I even catch myself just touching my face during the day because it so soft.
Microfoliant is now a staple in my regimen, but I don't use it every day,as I alternate with prep scrub, but also my Orlane scrub every other days. But I do have my weeks when i will use it 5 days in a row!
Definetely HG. Willnot go back without!
I can't comment on price as I bought the travel size only once, and you can get it for about $10 online,and this will last you 2 months if daily used, longer if not,and I bought a salon size for $45,but this will last 2 years and i just transfer the powder to my small container, so I think it's dirt cheap.

I found this product to be ok. It makes skin feel smooth but it does seem too harsh and drying to use everyday.

Wouldn't bother repurchasing and didn't use the whole container.

It does last a long time though...you only need to use a very small amount.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product sound good but after a while of using it my skin became worse.

Then someone at the salon told me that it can be quite harsh on my skin because it has too much acid or something in it and thin my skin out....and make flakes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product every single day, once a day. It gives me a glowing complexion, and is very gentle but effective. I would recommend this too anyone, who's skin is looking a little dull. Expensive though. But lasts for ages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Very pleasant product. I don't use it every day, maybe once a week, and it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin. Hasn't caused any breakouts or irritations. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and looking healthy. It also has a nice clean scent to it.

UPDATE 02/2009: It seems that the rice bran and rice starch are breaking me out (or so I suspect). Too bad, cause I really liked the consistency of this exfoliant.

I bought this product after a Dermalogica facial and followed the instructions diligently for 4 weeks.

Right from the beginning, even after my facial, my skin was left so dry. Even after applying the recommended Barrier cream I still needed to add more moisturiser to remove the "flakey skin" look and at times need the strength of E Ardens 8 hour cream on my forehead and nose to look acceptable. Previously these areas were oily!

I went with the advice that you need to persist however I should have trusted my gut instinct and stopped after the first few days.

I am now in search for a new cleansing plan and am trying out Mac Cleanse off Oil.

After reading reviews here, I tried it. I was skeptical that a powder would exfoliate as I'm used to a "scrub" but was quite surprised at how well it did. My skin was much softer after the first use. I was using it once a day but my skin was getting very dry and scaly, so I've cut back. I actually managed to burn my face with it on the second use by rubbing it into my cheek too long. It's still odd to me that a cream can exfoliate but it does work. It's pretty expensive, but the bottle will last a while I think. It will, however, last a while and I'm happy with the results using it every other day.

UPDATE: Been using this for 2 months and I am addicted. I now use it every night without the dryness- perhaps my skin got used to it? My regimen at night is now to wash my face with cheap old Noxema, use this to exfoliate, apply the acne.org treatment to my "t zone" and follow it with a retinol night lotion. My acne has completely cleared up. My skin is fresh and bright. I love it!

i love this product! i mix it with my basic cleanser so it is easier to apply and massage in. my skin always looks fresh and bright after i wash with this. i think it is pretty expensive but it does seem to last awhile. i like the fact that it exfoliates without causing sensitivity to my skin.