Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

i love this product! i mix it with my basic cleanser so it is easier to apply and massage in. my skin always looks fresh and bright after i wash with this. i think it is pretty expensive but it does seem to last awhile. i like the fact that it exfoliates without causing sensitivity to my skin.

on 3/24/2008 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Although It's a nice concept: powder that becomes a light scrub it didn't do much for my skin and it sometimes caused me clogged pores. for daily exfoliation I would go for a BHA/AHA product.

on 3/18/2008 10:53:00 AM

I got a sample sachet from my beautician and used this for 3 days. I wasn't impressed: I found the application method inconvenient, and results were only okay at best - I think it actually made my old acne scarring more visible.

No thank you, I stick with Jason's Instant Facial.

on 3/16/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product because you can control the amount of exfoliation by changing the ratio of water to powder. Even then, it was too much for my sensitive skin and I've switched to the cream exfoliant.

If your skin type is right, I think this would be an exceptional product but you really have to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. Otherwise I can see how your skin might become irritated like bobbybobbybobby (see below).

on 3/15/2008 11:06:00 PM

I finally got over a 3 year battle with acne about 7 months ago, and although I don't have any scarring (thank god) I do have some red marks on my skin in the areas that were more congested.
Although my dermatologist assures me they will fade in time, I've been using Daily Microfoliant along with a range of other Dermalogica products for some time now and have found the results fantastic! The red marks are fading more and more every week. Daily Microfoliant plays a huge part in this- for an exfoliant, it gets the job done yet is very sensitive and not too harsh, I find my skin becomes more smooth both texturally and tonally every time I use it!
I love this stuff!

on 3/4/2008 11:57:00 PM

This is a very gentle on my sensitive skin. It get rid of my flaky dry skin without strip away moister. I'll buy this again.

I used this product for a couple weeks and do i regret it. Gave me horrendous breakouts and an infection that now required a visit to the dermatologist. This was 1 product i was hoping would work for me but i guess everyone is different and my mates experienced a similar reaction to mine in contrast comments on the forum.

And before anyway says it was the purging and what not, that is utter bs. I had about 30 whiteheads pop up within 5 days and i didnt want to go outside. I wish I had saved myself $75 and not bought this garbage. Use it at your own risk and just because it has good reviews on here THERE ARE MANY people who have experienced what I have. That is my warning and advice to anyone who wants to try it. Near perfect skin ruined by derma product :((((((

on 3/1/2008 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This definitely works to brighten and even-up the skin tone - My skin is quite oily so I tend to breakout alot, but I've only been using it for over a week and I've noticed an instant improvement in texture and tone. Also, I only need to use it once a day, and will occasionally skip some days (if I'm using my twice-weekly scrub and so it also lasts longer)

on 2/23/2008 11:14:00 PM

Wow. This product really does what it claims. My skin, though far from ideal, is a lot glowier and even-toned after only a couple weeks of use. Before I started using this, I constantly had little flakies that I had to rub off after applying moisturizer, and could rub dead skin from my face in the shower almost daily. (I use a lot of products that speed up skin turnover, e.g. retinoids, AHA, BHA, and azelaic acid.) After using the Microfoliant once a day, no more flakies and dead skin! I shake a little powder onto my palm, mix with water, and massage onto my face for a minute or two. My skin does feel a little tight after rinsing, but that's not a problem since I always apply moisturizer afterward anyway. Although I am truly impressed with this product, it's not a miracle worker. It doesn't seem to have any effect on my blackheads, as other reviewers have experienced. But regardless, I definitely will keep buying this! The best price I've found is online at whatgreatskin.com.

on 2/9/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing exfoliator, once you get comfortable with it. The product is in form of a powder which is activated once mixed with water. This exfoliator is free of granules, is very gentle on the skin and never stings or scratches.

Instructions: wet hands and face, then put a tea spoon on the palm of the hand and mix it with some warm water till it feels like a paste. You need this to spread on the face with ease but at the same time sit on and not drip off it. Massage it into the skin. You can either rinse with warm water or wait for it to dry such that it can ball up as you rub it in. Continue till the entire thing has come off. Then rinse with warm water.

The result is nothing short of remarkable. The skin feels clean, soft and glows as if it was polished. I expect this product to last me around 6-12 months.

Note: If you find that this product breaks you out, it is probably not the ingredients. Exfoliating removes dead skin and in some people breaks down the skin's defence, making it very vulnerable to break-outs. That is related to your skin defence and not whether your skin is dry or oily. Sadly, I am one of those people with weak skin defence and any good exfoliator breaks me out, so I can only use weak exfoliators.

Use less frequently, use antibacterial face wash or Neutrogena Rapid wipes afterwards to reduce break-outs.