December 19, 2014 | 846 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

This leaves my skin squeaky clean and bright. But it gives me small bumps even when I use it every other day. It does not help with my pores and feels tight on my skin.

My skin agrees with microfoliant, however, when used twice weekly. But at this rate, a lot of cheaper exfoliant can do the same job.

I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by raindrop921

this is one of my favorite exfoliator and it really lasts a really long time. I use it almost everyday and i have been using it for over 1 year and 6 month now. After using it, it always make my skin feel extremely soft and smooth. And unlike other exfoliator you can use it daily. When I use this, I hardly ever broke up. I love it so much, that once I'm done using it, I will defintely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by XJanX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this product! after hearing so many good reports etc from mags and word of mouth-ive wanted this 4 ages!!!
my best friends skin ALWAYS looks so smooth! radiant and glowy! and really toned and flawless!
SO I BOUGHT IT FROM jerseybeautycompany.com (rly good website)
were you can get them a little cheaper and thers no p&p!!

so anways
i tries it as soon as it come and you can just FEEL the skin softening as soon as you put the stuff on your face! it feels wonderful! after ive taken it off my skin looks really radiant, smooth and i cant explain it but it just looks really toned and even?! if that makes sense!
ive used it everyday and everyone always asks what i use on my skin as it looks so nice, its one of those beauty secrets!!!!
and i sware my skin is alot clearer and i havnt had as many breakouts either! yay !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love that this product is the most gentle (in terms of abrasiveness) physical exfoliant I've ever used on my sensitive skin. It leaves my skin smooth without being overly harsh--except for all the plant extracts, some of which irritate both my nasal allergies and my skin. If I could find a similar product without the plant extracts, I would consider purchasing, but I won't buy this product again.
Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Talc, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Rice Bran, Rice Starch, PCA, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Limonene, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Papain, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Cyclodextrin, Melaleuca, Tea Tree Leaf Oil. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

It brightens up a bit and leaves your skin squeaky clean but apart from that it doesn't help keeping the pores clear - black and white heads are still developing. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On par and similar to murad's aha/bha exfoliating cleanser. Leaves skin clean and smooth (i would use about twice a week). My only beef on this product is the smell, which i find pretty offensive but i dont take off lippies for that. Very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by stormaiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at a spa I worked at. I was lucky enough the boss let us use her dermalogica account and we just paid for products. So my size of this is actually professional. At first I was skeptical because I have oily skin that turns red with most products I put on. I've been using this a month and the results are incredible. I do what's called a power cleanse. Basically I mix it with my special cleasing gel. I apply both together and then use the brush to get a good exfoliation. My skin isn't near the oil slick it was and sooo very soft :) The container could be designed better but it seems to work ok. Since a little goes a long way this stuff could last me the two years tha the bottle says it will be good for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by gemhorse16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product almost 2 years ago after reading the reviews here on MUA and upon the recommendation of my close friend who has great skin. For awhile I was using the product everyday, but I soon discovered that my skin was feeling a bit too tight afterwards (I noticed it most during the winter). At that point I decided to use it every 2-3 days, depending skin's current condition, and ever since then my skin has been great. I think it should be at the consumer's decision whether to use this product "daily" as the name implies since everyone's skin is different; just experiment and you'll find the right pattern for your skin.
As far as this product goes, it has definitely made a difference in my skin. My pimple leftover spots fade away faster (the disadvantage of tanned filipino skin :-p) and my skin feels super smooth afterwards. I usually use the microfoliant in the mornings while showering. The packaging is not great, but the flow of the powder can be better controlled by covering one of the holes with tape. I haven't had any problems w/ water leaking in the container and clumping up the powder and I keep my container in the shower. It is admittedly pricey, but considering the small amount that's used each time it lasts forever (I'm on my 3rd bottle in almost 2 years!). Give it a try and experiment with how often you should use it. Just because it says "use daily" doesn't mean you have to.
I use this product after washing my face w/ Laventine's Olive Oil Forte in the morning and follow it w/ Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Moisturizer with intermittent spot check w/ Desert Essence's Blemish Touch Skin. This combo leaves my skin clear, soft and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by niff524

*UPDATE* wow this is BEYOND HG!!!!! Since having faithfully used this daily for about 2 months, my skin has pretty much transformed. I now hardly get zits at all and the old acne scars have faded sooo much now I can wear much less foundation and hardly any concealer!!! A friend who hasn't seen me in a while was amazed by how much my skin condition has improved. =DDDD I'm really really pleased with the result and am praying they will never discontinue this!!!!*** This is totally HG!!!! I've been using this for about a month, sometimes daily (at night) and sometimes I skip a night and I can DEFINITELY see the difference it's made to my skin's texture and overall complexion. Acne scars are fading a lot quicker and skin is a lot clearer with less breakouts. The texture of my skin has been significantly refined and overall my complexion just a lot brighter and even. Makeup goes on a lot better as a result =) It comes in a powder form which is activated upon contact with water and is made from natural enzymes and rice bran and stuff. It is *not* abrasive and feels completely gentle on my skin. I bought it for like 25 online but the bottle looks like it's gonna last forever... At least 6 months I reckon!! I'll buy this again and again and I highly recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by threehotdogs

I use this every morning and have found it keeps my skin clear, even and glowing especially since I use the sunbeds once a week. I use demalogica resurfacer every night followed by their hydrating booster and a moisturiser. I find this routine is excellent for keeping my skin soft and clear! The packaging is excellent and the product lasts forever!
HG Product.